Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Click here for ADTR! Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Newest Members
PaulB, Paul1976, jm20032008, Quise, WestTexas
39301 Registered Users
Top Posters
Moby_Vic 57771
metroplex 49819
BigNSlow 39646
ronman1 30451
Rizzo 28954
dRock96Marquis 24357
Ezbok58a 23052
jmlock 21938
Bobert2647 21232
a_d_a_m 19932
Forum Stats
39,301 Registered Members
71 Forums
194,818 Topics
2,846,388 Posts

Most users ever online: 457 @ 09/27/13 01:52 PM
From the CVN Gallery
2003 Marauder
Good things come to an end
2005 LX sport
2011 Titanium Metallic
2009 P71
From 4.6L Tech..
Bedeviled by gremlins
by Rodman
Yesterday at 11:29 PM
4r75w tranny fluid flow.
by fordoldfart
Yesterday at 10:15 PM
How long will a new IAC last?
by stalag
Yesterday at 05:03 PM
true duel exhaust???
by luvmyp71
Yesterday at 02:45 PM
What's going on?????!
by CrystalPistol
Yesterday at 12:37 PM
02/29/16 11:59 PM POTM - March 2016 - toadp71's 2007 Town Car! by Chaplian

toadp71's 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature

114k Miles
Complete interior LED swap as well as tag light (replaced broken assembly as well)
Had a complete carpet removal and cleaning due to faulty fresh air cowl seal
Replaced missing door pull strap cover
Got and programmed an additional key fob.
Touched up lots of scratches all over it
Removed the window rain guards
Removed all the dealer stickers and advertising.
Waiting for tint and some other small things

32 Views · 0 Comments
01/31/16 07:22 PM POTM - February 2016 - Peachpicker's 2001 Sport! by Chaplian

Peachpicker's 2001 Crown Victoria Sport

2001 Crown Victoria LX Sport (technically Sport Appearance Package for '01).
Family owned since new. Originally scheduled for build 4/19/01, actually produced 5/31/01 (42 days late). Purchased 9/26/01 and been part of the family ever since.
Color: Toreador Red (paint code FL and the only year you could get a Sport in that color).
Interior: Medium Parchment Bucket Seats (interior Code TH).
Currently at 48,XXX miles and totally stock (and staying that way at least as long as I own it)
According to my Marti Report, this was 1 of 54 Sports that were produced in Toreador Red with Medium Parchment Interior. Everything is original to the car with the exception of normal maintenance items which have been replaced over the years. I have retained many of the original maintenance items that were replaced over the years such as serpentine belt, air filter, spark plugs, and wiper blades.
Additional factory options include:
Front and Rear carpeted floor mats, Premium sound system (AM/FM/Cassette w/trunk mounted 6-disc CD Changer, power adjustable pedals, anti-lock brakes, LX Comfort Plus Group (which includes power passenger seat and electronic instrumentation). It is my intent to keep this as original as possible. OEM splash guards installed by the dealer per our request prior to taking delivery.

More info on his car (as well as the other entries) can be viewed here.

4 Views · 2 Comments
12/08/15 03:38 PM A bigger change by SteveS

Years ago, when I took over CVN, I had no idea what it would become. I had a lot to learn about the hardware and software involved. I learned quickly that the site was growing rapidly, to the point that it outgrew the forum software, and outgrew the server. CVN actually outgrew several servers over the years, and costs usually progressed as well.

I met some great people over the years through the forum, and a lot of long term friendships developed. Of course, in the cyber reality, I never actually met a lot of those people, but others I did, through local meets, not so local meets, and STAP. CVN has been a very important part of my life. Some of you may remember some of the health challenges that I have faced. I actually got a lot of very important medical advice about courses of treatment from a couple of members.

Anyone who has been around for a while is aware that I was disabled for a few years, and unable to work. CVN kept my mind active as I learned some of the technical aspects of running the forum, and kept me socially active and interacting with people, either online or in person.

When I was able to go back to work, it was difficult to maintain focus on CVN while I was struggling to rejoin the workforce, and, in fact, CVN took a back seat to that. As my workload increased, and with some new stuff going on on the outside, I had to step back for a while, and CVN suffered.

The big crash last spring brought me back into the fold. It took a lot of doing to get the site running again, because of the amount of damage caused by our former hosting company, and their lack of cooperation. With the help of one of the UBB.Threads developers, CVN got up and running again on a new server, and came back to life.

One thing I recognized was that CVN was going to require more attention to sustain. I was enjoying it again, but it can be a bit overwhelming at times. Then, toward the end of summer, my boss decided to dump a lot more responsibility on me, which really put things over the top.

Over the past few years, several companies have approached me about acquiring CVN to add to their portfolios. These are companies that do nothing but run forums. They have professional people that do that for a living. I really never considered it, until very recently.

I listened to what they had to say, and what their intentions and goals were. I visited their forums, (I was already a member of some of them) to see what they “felt” like. I quickly realized that it wouldn’t be a bad thing for CVN to have some professional help. These would be people who have the time and resources to devote to making some needed improvements.

In particular, I liked what Autoguide.com was doing (or not doing) with their forums, and took the next step with them to see what we could work out. As a result of our combined efforts, CVN has been running on one of Autoguide’s servers for about two weeks, and it is time for me to let go of the steering wheel. I won’t be going away completely, and I plan to maintain at least part of my current role.

You have no idea how difficult this decision has been, but I think it is in the best interest of CVN as a whole. Please join me in welcoming some new people to the management team.

-Steve

2916 Views · 1 Comments
Google!
Who's Online
3 registered (2468, beermoney, bobb), 20 Guests and 72 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
a_d_a_m 257
BigMerc96 222
s33k3r 195
Chaplian 161
Moby_Vic 141
98BoatCaptain 130
BigNSlow 117
2000-CVPI 116
Black_Sunshine 114
Ezbok58a 113
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!