Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | links | news | email login | chat Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Super Duty Thoughts by PoliceInterceptr @ 3 minutes 56 seconds ago

Thanks. Yeah, it's been a while. Couldn't remember if it was '99-'02 or '99-'05. Just remember when I put King Ranch rims on my ride the offset was wrong. Was driveable (no rubbing) but the wheels were too tucked into the wheel wells. And yeah, That'
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: replaced intake. all is well except.... by imvic @ 20 minutes 37 seconds ago

will do that. i've got some errands to run this aftrnoon so i'll give it a workout. i'll report back as to what happens. thanks for the thoughts so far, guys.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: marauder maf sensor by ford05 @ 56 minutes 44 seconds ago

Great! Thanks alot man. Its more then I asked.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: What bolt goes in this picture??? by BigMerc96 @ 56 minutes 46 seconds ago

4.6 heads are the same casting left and right, only difference is the direction in which the timing components are installed. The gaskets are as well. This is where you get things like unused bolt holes in the heads, and the capped off coolant port a
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: replaced intake. all is well except.... by BigMerc96 @ Today at 10:32 AM

The erratic temp sounds like air trapped in the system. Drive it around for a few miles at temp with the reservoir cap loose, I put mine on 1/2 a turn and used tape to make sure it didn't disappear. Then refill the reservoir as it'll likely be empty
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: replaced intake. all is well except.... by imvic @ Today at 09:32 AM

the only other thing i replaced is the hard red, green and tan vacuum lines (the real skinny, hard lines) that attach to the fuel pressure regulator and other stuff on the pass side. mine were brittle and i broke one. so , i took the whole harness of
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: replaced intake. all is well except.... by imvic @ Today at 09:23 AM

(edit).....it's a ford PI intake......read below for the crossover info. one more thing. i used a junkyard front coolant crossover because i couldn't find the proper tap for the drivers side coolant sensor on my new ford manifold. the JY piece had a
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: replaced intake. all is well except.... by Bangster @ Today at 09:17 AM

Did you do a replacement, or a PI intake upgrade on a 97? How did you handle the two temperature senders on the 97 and only one on the PI intake?
FoMoCo News
Jump to new posts Re: Next-gen SuperDuty will be aluminum-body... by flyer2359x @ Today at 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Moby_Vichttps://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2014/11/21/f-150-fuel-economy.html Up to 26 mpg. Pretty scary a truck that size can get about the same mpg compared to a sedan with a V6 in it.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: replaced intake. all is well except.... by imvic @ Today at 09:14 AM

i replaced the thermostat with a used one out of an '06 GMQ. mine has 139000 miles on it. the thinking there was that if the new used one doesnt work, it's a simple swap. the coolant level was erratic as the car warmed up. i have to check it this mo
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 02 CV---Converter shudder??? by Bryan59EC @ Today at 09:14 AM

Thanks---will give that a try Battery is probably about 6 yrs old Was in the car when I got it over 3 yrs and 80,000 miles ago
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Climate control not working? by 06CrownVictoria @ Today at 09:06 AM

To check if it's the blend door actuator, take the glove box out and loo to the far upper left. You can look up on google images to look at what it looks like.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What a Crappy way to die.... by SAM H @ Today at 09:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Jeff2Originally Posted By: martz0rI have a feeling that kid won't be Amish for long once he realizes all the technology that helped save his life. Except he wouldn't have been in the hospital in the first place if his buggy (s
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 Grand Marquis LS by BigMerc96 @ Today at 09:02 AM

Originally Posted By: CrownVic97Originally Posted By: Ezbok58aIt absolutely can be, I've seen it done. Doesn't really look so good though. Then again bumper tucking never looked right on most cars After searching here, it looks kinda bad on some of
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: replaced intake. all is well except.... by 88grandmarq @ Today at 08:59 AM

did you replace thermostat? is the coolant level at the proper level? sounds like engine is not warming up all the way.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: replaced intake. all is well except.... by BigMerc96 @ Today at 08:58 AM

Make sure the intake tube is tightened properly at the throttle body and that the plenum i sealing correct to the intake. I had a stumble like this after changing the plugs awhile back and I could not figure it out until 2 weeks later while sitting i
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Tune upcharge for dbw tb change by CrownVic97 @ Today at 08:50 AM

Who charges the dbw surcharge? Sounds like just Lonnie?
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 Grand Marquis LS by CrownVic97 @ Today at 08:49 AM

Originally Posted By: chipdog4You can 'tuck to taste'. You don't have to cinch the bumper up into the trunk pan. I did mine and can't believe it made that big a difference. Someone here once said that untucked bumpers look like a saggy diaper. S
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 Grand Marquis LS by CrownVic97 @ Today at 08:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Ezbok58aIt absolutely can be, I've seen it done. Doesn't really look so good though. Then again bumper tucking never looked right on most cars After searching here, it looks kinda bad on some of them, I think if you tuck it to
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Tune upcharge for dbw tb change by caddylackn @ Today at 08:20 AM

Mine starts right up but the idle is higher for a few seconds, before it goes down. It got better with the tune. I did add back the comb gasket after port matching it. The extra $100 flat surcharge for DBW is BS in my opinion , that is why I went wi
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts replaced intake. all is well except.... by imvic @ Today at 08:12 AM

it went fairly smooth. the car started right up, shuddered a bit and stalled. started it again and it idled like a new car. i installed the ford intake. i lost a bit of low end, but at cruising speeds you can tell that it is stronger. i drove it gen
Finds - eBay, CL, Wherever
Jump to new posts Re: Official Craigslist/eBay/other finds megathread by aknox077 @ Today at 07:57 AM

Originally Posted By: BlackVic_P71
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: What bolt goes in this picture??? by imvic @ Today at 07:55 AM

i just ran into the same thing yesterday. then i realized that it was simply a blank hole.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Manually adjust power adjustable pedals? by AACoPD05 @ Today at 07:53 AM

If your replacing the gear then the assembly needs to come completely out. Thats not a bad job just a little time consuming the first time. If you are just trying to adjust it to a comfortable position and don't intend to move it around constantly
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: LCM symptoms and Q by BigMerc96 @ Today at 07:41 AM

Usually you have a bit of time between them first starting to fail, and them cutting out on you. My buddy's '03 is pretty consistent with the headlights not coming on, but has only cut off while driving twice. And smacking the LCM gt them back. You c
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 ... 32 33 >
Who's in Chat??
Google!
Who's Online
11 registered (cruz07, Bangster, Bulldog5_oh, 124neta, Brandon_White, hilljack, 3 invisible), 74 Guests and 62 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
BigMerc96 153
Ezbok58a 144
road_pizza 132
BlackVic_P71 114
a_d_a_m 109
ponyguy 109
aknox077 85
73vwTodd 85
KayTar 84
Chaplian 82
Featured Member

Copyright 2000-2013 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!