Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | links | news | email login | chat Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Rocker molding by MM54 @ 6 minutes 15 seconds ago

Hold the back of the plastic screws while unscrewing the middle with a phillips head screw driver, this will then let you pop them out. Along the length of the car there are clips, if you (having removed the front and rear plastic screw) begin to ca
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Turbo build by Og04 @ 6 minutes 25 seconds ago

Do you guys think 2.73 is to high of a gear for a 9lbs supercharged ?
North Central
Jump to new posts Re: It's kinda dead in here by DanMitchell13 @ 10 minutes 50 seconds ago

I'm here too, but due to my lack of availability to post freely, sometimes I opt for posting somewhere else but here. I'm always up for meetings. I have met a lot of people recently from the CVN FB page.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: No start, No Crank, No click, not the starter. by Aaorn @ 31 minutes 39 seconds ago

Ok a new update on the car, about 2 weeks ago I was driving at night and with the headlights on, the battery drained. So I got a jump from my girlfriends dad, started it, pulled off the battery cables, died instantly. Ok, went to get the alternator r
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Mod box build thread by 09mnsp @ 47 minutes 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BigNSlowOriginally Posted By: Black_SunshineI don't know why I didn't ask sooner but how does one lift the body off the frame and put it back on? Without a lift at least? A jack and a bunch of Canadian jack stands is all you n
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Freeze plugs by LaserMike @ 48 minutes 24 seconds ago

While doing a drain and fill on the transmission, I found this, None of the other plugs that I can see are leaking. I'll replace this one with the engine in place but need to begin thinking about pulling the engine. I really don't want to do th
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts regarding tires/brakes and suspension by Street_Shark @ 59 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Moby_VicHandling and Performance Package suspension is better at handling and performance than regular suspension? Who'da thunk it? Sarcasm is the chosen humor of the intellectual elite Really though , why not just
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2005 P71 - Oil leak(crank seal? pan seal?) by shipracer @ Today at 02:27 PM

Looks like it was the crankshaft seal(I replaced and cleaned the area up). Im having my 3.73 gears put in ASAP, can I replace the rear axles(and bearings) myself or is this something I should have the shop do also?
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: Hawk HPS Pads with which rotor? by ford05 @ Today at 02:27 PM

I had hawks before. They squeeked and lots of brake dust. They do brake good though. By the way, squeeking only happen when they were real hot.
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: Big Brake Swap by pantera77 @ Today at 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: BlackVic_P71Originally Posted By: JeffBoudah225lb from Speedway Motors as well Are those supposed to be equal drop as the 925# fronts? You'll want 250#'s for a wagon. I had 225#'s on my 89, but it had too much rake for m
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Fuel Filter Replacement Gone Wrong by 95CrownVictoriaP74 @ Today at 02:22 PM

It's only a couple if ounces...no more than a cup.
Southwest
Jump to new posts Re: NorCal Panthers, where you at?? by unclecrown @ Today at 02:21 PM

Hi Guys, Sorry I have forgotten to check this neck of the web site lately. Shall we keep this going for a little while longer, to hopefully scoop in a few more.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: call me crazy (ideal vacation mobile) by 95CrownVictoriaP74 @ Today at 02:21 PM

I've never seen a dog driving a Jetta, that's for sure.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Why Living on the coast is awesome! by Ezbok58a @ Today at 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: aknox077Also, I never understood the obsession with lobster. I always thought crab was way better. I'm the same way. I won't turn down a lobster, but if it's between Lobster and King Crab...I'm going with the crab Also a re
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: That's not gone well at all... by Ezbok58a @ Today at 02:09 PM

Had to miss work today and spend a few hours at the local Emergency Room. Pain in my arm was getting unbearable. Also found out I've got a 2nd Degree burn from the airbag. And with the location of injury it's effecting my arm/hand movements. Whic
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts regarding tires/brakes and suspension by Ezbok58a @ Today at 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: TonySheltonOriginally Posted By: Ezbok58aHaving driven many vehicles of various prices, BMW 3 series up can out handle any panther, same with Audi's from a4 up and Mercedes from C class up. All are better handling, braking, dri
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: Big Brake Swap by tsg @ Today at 01:56 PM

I ran a similar set up on my 96 B body. I sourced a Bilstein shock through Speedway as well that was properly valved for that spring rate. I don t have the part number but it was for a second generation Camaro I believe. (The Caprice and Crown Vics u
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Why Living on the coast is awesome! by Jay144 @ Today at 01:55 PM

That's fine if one likes to fish and eat said fish... I'm originally from Maine and can't stand the smell or taste of seafood at all. I do like the Pacific Coast Highway, though. Drove it in Oct. 2012 from San Francisco to San Simeon. Beautiful,
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: Hawk HPS Pads with which rotor? by PB92 @ Today at 01:53 PM

I know I have had really, really bad luck with "china white box rotors" on my 01 Sable. When I bought the P71 in Feb 09, the front pads were 90% and the rears were 80%. I don't know what pad/rotor combination Greenwich CT PD put on, but the
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Why Living on the coast is awesome! by NOTREEL @ Today at 01:22 PM

Yes, living on the coast rocks! Saturday -
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Rocker molding by unclecrown @ Today at 01:09 PM

Hi Guys, Could someone please let me know how the Rocker molding is removed? I have started at the front of the manual and gone to the end still missed it. The black rocker molding is under the doors, it runs from the back of the front wheel arch to
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Options for replacing the factory sub... by Captain_Slow @ Today at 12:44 PM

I've got a jl audio 6.5 inch sub and jl audio ~175w amp in my factory sub box. Bass is good without being boomy, but it did require some modifications to the sub box
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: She's Alive!!!!! High Compression N/A Motor by Bulldog5_oh @ Today at 12:41 PM

Very nice man!! Glad to see you got it straight...sounds good too. Congrats.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Alternator keeps dying. by IFleshCouldCrawl @ Today at 12:38 PM

Hey Guys, Thank you all for the replies. As for heat the car runs right at normal temp. I disconnected my sound system by removing the inline fuse from the battery to the amps. just to see if that was the problem and it still killed the Motorc
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: She's Alive!!!!! High Compression N/A Motor by 09mnsp @ Today at 12:18 PM

How many hours of dyno time did you end up with?
Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 ... 52 53 >
Who's in Chat??
Google!
Who's Online
12 registered (MIAMI-DADE, MM54, aknox077, Og04, kots, DanMitchell13, 2 invisible), 91 Guests and 81 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ezbok58a 216
BigMerc96 180
road_pizza 157
BigNSlow 143
Alex07 142
124neta 134
ponyguy 133
aknox077 127
a_d_a_m 108
Moby_Vic 93
Featured Member

Copyright 2000-2013 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!