Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | links | news | email login | chat Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Dorman Axle Kit by Killingcivics @ 9 minutes 54 seconds ago

Ford dealership near my place uses Timken bearings
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: PI swap ?? by BigMerc96 @ 14 minutes 59 seconds ago

From what I understand, it'll run fine without a tune, but you'd be leaving some potential performance on the table. Same goes for running a full PI engine off of the stock tune. ChevyGuy ran a '96 Town Car with a '04 engine in it with a '01-'02 MAF
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: Air Suspension and custom control arms. by ZombieLinux @ 18 minutes 34 seconds ago

Excellent. I'll have to get the arm down to take some measurements and figure out how to mount it. I imagine that I could just through bolt it like some others have though.
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: picked up a 2003 GMQ today by Chaplian @ 23 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: daedal_arcanumOriginally Posted By: ChaplianJust happy to help! Also, I am a fan of the wheels in the first pic on a spruce MGM! I like those wheels too. They're Mustang wheels from a Brembo brake package car; Black_Sunshine
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Challenger Refresh for 2015 by Alex07 @ 23 minutes 26 seconds ago

Why is it still based on a 4 door platform? Chrysler has a chronic case of "headupass-itis"
Jump to new posts Re: Air Suspension and custom control arms. by BigMerc96 @ 35 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ZombieLinuxSo I am finalizing my design for my custom rear control arms and I realized I might want rear air suspension in the future. I see the mount for the the ride height sensor on the left upper control arm. My arms are s
Jump to new posts Air Suspension and custom control arms. by ZombieLinux @ 53 minutes 14 seconds ago

So I am finalizing my design for my custom rear control arms and I realized I might want rear air suspension in the future. I see the mount for the the ride height sensor on the left upper control arm. My arms are shaped a little differently. Is th
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: picked up a 2003 GMQ today by daedal_arcanum @ Today at 12:24 PM

Originally Posted By: ChaplianJust happy to help! Also, I am a fan of the wheels in the first pic on a spruce MGM! I like those wheels too. They're Mustang wheels from a Brembo brake package car; Black_Sunshine has a chromed set on his 2-tone GM
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Dorman Axle Kit by dwg52378 @ Today at 12:19 PM

Hey Guys, I just ordered two Dorman Axle Shaft Kits, comes with axles, bearings and seals. I've heard of varying quality bearings arriving (ordered from RA)some made in USA some Taiwan and some guys actually tossing the bearings in the garbage and b
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrading my GT40s by 94Victator @ Today at 12:12 PM

You might be able to use helicoils, or find a good metal shop that can fill the hole, and redrill it out.
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Moog 8652 front springs are discontinued by kishy @ Today at 12:07 PM

I'm sure others, like myself, have reviewed GM_Guy's comparison of different springs for boxes and found the 8652s look perfect for the front: http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbth...mpare-axles.jpg I have one set to go in one of my cars, and wh
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: head suggestions by 94Victator @ Today at 12:01 PM

I figured I'd replace the timing stuffs at the same time. Have it off, and no idea when it was done last(if ever?). I don't have an air compressor so doing the valve seals with the heads installed probably isn't going to happen. I'm also about 99% su
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Donated but no sticker!! by GrumpMarky @ Today at 12:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Crabby125The best part of the CVN sticker was making a Youtube clip of me removing the CVN sticker off my car and putting the new sticker Ezbok designed. I clicked on your sticker but nothing happened.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: H.I.D.'s!!!!!!!!!!!! by Crabby125 @ Today at 11:45 AM

thanks, I no longer have them on my ride though. the person who did them for me, didnt do the best seal job on them, causing my headlights to condensate every time I washed my car. It was getting to the point where I had to remove my headlights, just
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Chevy "makes Trax" to the US market... by mdnos @ Today at 11:43 AM

Traxcamino? Utecamino?
Jump to new posts Re: Lots of suspension questions by Crown_Vic_6 @ Today at 11:35 AM

http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/1017967 Is my rear anti-sway bar installed correctly?
Jump to new posts Re: Building a super Heavy Duty Crown Vic by Accumulator @ Today at 11:31 AM

UrbanCowboyDan- With that budget, I'd think long and hard before spending the $ on a (new) set of Addcos. I myself would put the money into more critical components and try to get by with a the biggest factory bars in poly bushings with new (raybest
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Chevy "makes Trax" to the US market... by Bellwestern80 @ Today at 11:28 AM

Do we really need another small SUV/crossover thing? At this rate, crossovers might replace sedans, lol.
Jump to new posts Re: Building a super Heavy Duty Crown Vic by UrbanCowboyDan @ Today at 11:28 AM

Also with regards to the typhoon intake, I don't plan to touch my 4.6 much as I have a 5.4 swap in mind for down the road. I've also heard the typhoon intake doesn't really outflow our stock PI intakes by very much.
Jump to new posts Re: Building a super Heavy Duty Crown Vic by UrbanCowboyDan @ Today at 11:26 AM

I've got a budget of $1500 to spend on the mods I want to do, and whatever is left in paycheck come summertime. I know I need new shocks, with 93k on them my Motorcraft ones are kinda soft now, and I really want to get the Addco bars and the sparta
Finds - eBay, CL, Wherever
Jump to new posts Re: Official Craigslist/eBay/other finds megathread by DallasCV @ Today at 11:11 AM

Can someone decipher this for me?....or how not to sell a car. WOW! http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4426196356.html Spinning gravel is always a good sales tactic.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Linkedin? by Bangster @ Today at 11:09 AM

For me it is a good way to keep in touch with ex co-workers, in my job and location 80%+ of all subsequent jobs after being laid off are from ex co-workers or bosses. When lay offs are announced I get 10 or 15 "hey, we are hiring for..." fr
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: transmission shifting strangely by spencer321 @ Today at 11:05 AM

so my thought is still electrical, what is external that water could effect?
Box Tech
Jump to new posts How to check for codes from the Info center? by Stap24 @ Today at 11:03 AM

Hi Guys.. Is there a way to check for engine codes through the on board/ in dash Information center?Is there a combination of buttons to press?
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: transmission shifting strangely by spencer321 @ Today at 11:00 AM

small update, it wasnt getting any better or worse i was learning to deal with it basically. then 2 days ago i drove through a monsoon and its been HORRIBLE since. i put it in drive from park in the morning and it might literally take a minute to eng
Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 ... 62 63 >
Who's in Chat??
Google!
Who's Online
15 registered (adtslo, Black_Chrome, bamcbrideusmc, Chaplian, 2 invisible), 53 Guests and 149 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
KayTar 337
optik 238
CNGInterceptor 222
road_pizza 217
Ezbok58a 208
BigMerc96 198
Moby_Vic 193
ponyguy 173
gplayer 173
BlackVic_P71 164
Featured Member

Copyright 2000-2013 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!