Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | links | news | email login | chat Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2005 P71 - 2-3 shift gone by shipracer @ 12 minutes 31 seconds ago

Yeap, Im pretty sure I blew that fuse when I wired in the radio to the 2nd cig lighter port (which must use a different fuse). Should be a non-issue there. Can I safety drive around without my 2-3 shift? for minimal errands? thanks everyone, I rea
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: CVPI Fan for Crossbreeding by chrmaka @ 20 minutes 0 seconds ago

Thanks a lot Steve. The reason I'm wanting a cvpi fan is that one of my buddy's is running one om his truck and it does really well for him. Also my pick n pull is liquidating about 30 cars. 3 of which are vomit comets. All parts pulled from them are
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: CVPI Fan for Crossbreeding by BigMerc96 @ 54 minutes 10 seconds ago

for a simple 2-speed high/low fan, you'll need a '98-'02 Panther fan. '03+ used a variable speed PWM controlled fan, not sure if you can wire those like a simple 3-wire high/low fan. Not sure on wire colors on the '98-'02 fans, but there should be 3
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: CVPI Fan for Crossbreeding by JeffBoudah @ 54 minutes 43 seconds ago

Originally Posted By SAM HI thought this was going to be a thread about a guy looking for a date.... It really does read like the title of a creepy craigslist add.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 4r75w transmission lines help by 88grandmarq @ 56 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By therealdnewton3 I seriously doubt there's a thermostat in the ATF side of the cooling circuit of the radiator. My experience has shown otherwise. YES... there is a thermostat in the cooler lines, its mounted on the cooler wh
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Cam Experts by junior @ Today at 09:46 AM

Originally Posted By 2004_p71Originally Posted By junior I actually didn't know that. Which one of the three are we talking about? I'll do that and call it a day. IIRC richmond makes them for ford but what I have been told is that ford racing ma
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: CVPI Fan for Crossbreeding by chrmaka @ Today at 09:44 AM

Originally Posted By PonyguyOriginally Posted By chrmakaAnd smartass comments why I waited this long to actually improve my truck instead of using inferior GM parts You could improve that Chevrolet by jacking up the hood ornament and parking a For
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Mounting the EVAP Tray by CNGInterceptor @ Today at 09:36 AM

Originally Posted By GM_GuyGot a tune, or driving around with permanent evap codes? Alex. Fuel cell, return-style system, no stock cluster, etc.
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: CNGInterceptor's official Cobra conversion thread by CNGInterceptor @ Today at 09:13 AM

Thanks for the advice, everyone! While the rear axle housing is being made pretty, I worked under the hood yesterday. - Removed the Eaton - Separated the intercooler from it - Cleaned the intercooler - Transferred the IAC, Accufab TB, and EGR dele
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: 5.4 3V Help. by SAM H @ Today at 09:11 AM

Originally Posted By juzzaOriginally Posted By BigNSlowDoes your extended warranty cover engine replacement? Yes and no. It does cover an engine replacement. Quote to replace it is $7918. Installed. My extended warranty will not pay anything past t
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: CVPI Fan for Crossbreeding by SAM H @ Today at 09:03 AM

I thought this was going to be a thread about a guy looking for a date....
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: I'm new here by MIAMI-DADE @ Today at 08:47 AM

Welcome from Miami..I like both cars!!
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: New guy here! 2008 CVPI by MIAMI-DADE @ Today at 08:45 AM

Welcome from Miami!!
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: New guy from the burning wasteland of Arizona by MIAMI-DADE @ Today at 08:41 AM

Welcome from Miami!!
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: New CrownVic.net member. by MIAMI-DADE @ Today at 08:40 AM

Originally Posted By P70I have 324.000 miles on my 2005, so don't sweat it. Mitch I agree..I have have almost 200K miles on my 05..So far everything is original except for the water pump,EGR and evaporator for the a/c. Rest is just plain old regu
FoMoCo News
Originally Posted By PonyguyOriginally Posted By road_pizzaActually, the J10/Gladiator full-ish size Jeep pickup was produced right up to and slightly after Chrysler's purchase of AMC, and the XJ based Comanche production ended in '92. Yep, you're
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: n00b sells FR-S, inherits 170k '96 TC by MIAMI-DADE @ Today at 08:31 AM

Very nice looking Town Car..That was my favorite style..I like the color. Welcome from Miami!!
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Traction control switch not working 2011 PI by Former85Owner @ Today at 08:27 AM

On these newer cars you likely need a VCM to update the modules.You may have to get a module from a Traction Control car and reprogram it. Not sure exactly how it works for traction control but it will likely involve a VCM and programming.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Mounting the EVAP Tray by Former85Owner @ Today at 07:48 AM

Just FYI: The fuel tank safety kit replaces the nuts and bolts on the fuel tank end with 3 rivets. Those bolts can puncture the fuel tank. Probably a very rare occurrence but your other option is to drill holes and replace with 1/4" rivets. You
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: BBF or LSx by JeffBoudah @ Today at 07:42 AM

Nice. Keep us updated
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Traction control switch not working 2011 PI by RF_Overlord @ Today at 07:42 AM

May also be a software thing in the PCM...I'm not as familiar with the later ones as with the '03-'04...
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 4r75w transmission lines help by IPreferDIY @ Today at 07:40 AM

Originally Posted By therealdnewton3... I seriously doubt there's a thermostat in the ATF side of the cooling circuit of the radiator. My experience has shown otherwise. This should make things clear: http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 CVPI - All Dash Warning lights stay on... by RF_Overlord @ Today at 07:40 AM

Originally Posted By achinaghost52I also calmed my OCD by putting all the fuses in with the numbers facing the correct way lolThank God...I thought I was the only one who did that.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: best price on cvpi battery by RF_Overlord @ Today at 07:38 AM

Another vote for Motorcraft...as with Donald^ my local dealer was actually cheaper than VatoZone and Advance, and not by pennies, either.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: best price on cvpi battery by Former85Owner @ Today at 07:21 AM

Motorcraft. I had MC batteries last NINE years. The dealer wasn't too surprised either. I was told this: Yes JC makes them but Ford specifies higher quality control than say WalMart. I also heard that Ford has intellectual property that is incorpor
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 32 33 >
Google!
Who's Online
10 registered (MIAMI-DADE, Merc1973, Allaa_Hassan, nerdherd86, chrmaka, 4 invisible), 71 Guests and 48 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
toadp71 179
DussellRay 157
BigMerc96 146
Moby_Vic 142
Ezbok58a 137
BigNSlow 137
Ponyguy 134
2004_p71 112
a_d_a_m 96
road_pizza 94
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2013 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!