Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | links | news | email login | chat Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Transmission shudder by GrandVictoriaV8 @ 21 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JSO2003P71How does this Dr. Tranny lubeguard work? Just what does it do to stop the shutter? A few fragments of info in this clip...
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Crank but no start - 91 Marquis 302 by Kestas @ 23 minutes 54 seconds ago

I have an intermittent problem where the car will crank and crank, but the engine will never start running - not even a cough. When it's not acting up, the engine starts and runs fine. The engine is in good basic tune. Where do I look for the prob
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: In Lighter News... by road_pizza @ Today at 11:39 AM

Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: 07 rear axle seal how long by Bangster @ Today at 11:39 AM

The bearing in my 00 just went at 257k miles. It started leaking finally, but I don't think it was a seal failure, it failed because the bearing let the axle move around and no longer seal.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Transmission shudder by RF_Overlord @ Today at 11:18 AM

Mercon V is known as an HFM fluid...Highly Friction Modified. It was developed by Ford primarily to address the shudder issue caused by a phenomenon called "stiction" in the torque converter clutch. Stiction is where the clutch material alt
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: World's Fastest, Quickest, Most Powerful Sedan. by Moby_Vic @ Today at 11:00 AM

From http://jalopnik.com/the-707-hp-dodge-charger-srt-hellcat-is-also-way-too-ch-1648380175 Quote:Dodge has announced that their 707 horsepower, supercharged Hemi V8 muscle sedan will start at $63,995. That's about four grand more than the $59,900 C
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Transmission shudder by JSO2003P71 @ Today at 10:52 AM

How does this Dr. Tranny lubeguard work? Just what does it do to stop the shutter?
Finds - eBay, CL, Wherever
Another two-tone Marquis, an '04 with 53k in NJ - http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/4714599845.html
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Car is breaking up at all rpm by Vickey2000 @ Today at 10:50 AM

Thanks for the input guys. I will check the plugs tonight when I get home.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Odd smell inside car while A/C running by TexasTrav @ Today at 10:49 AM

Originally Posted By: torotoroBear in mind they may not slip right off. Try to twist a bit to break the bond, but be careful not to break the nipples off the heater core. If the evap purge valve is in the way it can be moved out of the way after remo
Finds - eBay, CL, Wherever
Two-tone '05 Marquis with 47k in NYC: http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/4719459737.html
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Drivers Side Mirror Glass vibration?? by Crown_Vic_6 @ Today at 10:46 AM

Do you collapse ur mirrors? I take my car to a car wash where they collapse the mirrors, so I'm thinking the wear of that happening is the reason why my mirrors are vibrating?
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts POTM - November 2014 - Submissions by BigMerc96 @ Today at 09:52 AM

Submit your pics for the November 2014 POTM here! Rules Submissions will be open until the 25th, and voting from then until the 30th. Good luck everyone! Aaaannndd.....Go!
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: This is what I came home to after work... by Jeff2 @ Today at 08:33 AM

Yea, if it were me, I would take whatever I could can get from insurance (what they say it is worth minus salvage) on the Lincoln and fix it up the best I could and keep on driving it. I already have one car loan (daughter's car) and I don't want an
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Traction Control by jmlock @ Today at 08:25 AM

Originally Posted By: juzzaOriginally Posted By: jmlockI have to admit that the RS-As have improved greatly. However, all four on my Tahoe were replaced at 12k miles. I think they could have gone another 6k though. Now I no longer feel like a dunce
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: First US Ebola case by Rizzo @ Today at 08:17 AM

Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Heat issue by BigMerc96 @ Today at 08:14 AM

Originally Posted By: torotoroSounds like the blend door actuator (motor). Yes. Originally Posted By: torotoro]It controls the amount of fresh air that comes into the cabin. No. It has no effect on the amount of fresh air, same amount comes in rega
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: What year starters will work on a 2003 cvpi? by JSO2003P71 @ Today at 07:51 AM

Here is a list of vehicles the crown vic starter will interchange with. 1992-2011 crown vic, 1997-2011 E series van with V8 or V10,1997-1998 expedition with 5.4 or 4.6, F series PU with 5.4 or 4.6,1996-2004 mustang with 4.6,1994-1997 thunderbird with
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Coyote Power... by PoliceInterceptr @ Today at 07:48 AM

Good thing is that the last gen Mustangs have a pretty close curb weight to Panthers (3800 lbs vs. 3900-4000 lbs), so performance figures shouldn't be too far off. Should be pretty easy to get a 5.0 Panther into the 10's with the right mods.
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Mod box build thread by Shooff82 @ Today at 07:19 AM

I just wtched the drive video and it was glorious! Its really cool looking over a whale dash and seeing the the hood and and fenders of a box! The only things i would change are lose the hood ornament(never been a fan) and maybe tuck the front b
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Head salvageable? by BigNSlow @ Today at 06:42 AM

Heads for these motors are so cheap I wouldn't even bother. You can pick up a junkyard head for cheap enough.
Lizard Lounge
You're gonna have to schedule an inspection with the State of Illinois, which they can be slow about. They can also be slow about getting you the rebuild title, IIRC. My neighbor buys totaled cars with minor damage and rebuilds them. I'm a bit iffy o
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Head salvageable? by chipdog4 @ Today at 06:08 AM

http://www.denlorstools.com/home/dt1/pag...aller_cal3.html http://www.locknstitch.com/sparkpluginserts.htm Both say they can fix what others fail.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Transmission shudder by 03RedVicSport @ Today at 03:28 AM

Originally Posted By: RF_OverlordWhile Dr. Tranny Instant Shudder Fixx is respected on BITOG and is not considered snake oil, here's the problem with it: If it works, that means the additive pack in the ATF is depleted and the fluid is at the end of
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: In Lighter News... by V8_ford @ Today at 03:22 AM

I was at the time! Must've been tired and had a brain fart. Took me about 2 seconds now to realize it's cologne haha.
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 ... 41 42 >
Who's in Chat??
Google!
Who's Online
12 registered (Bellwestern80, Crown_Vic_6, Chsecar, 0rangeredge2, DWSgt, 3 invisible), 74 Guests and 43 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
Chicago2VP71 284
a_d_a_m 258
road_pizza 249
Moby_Vic 185
BigMerc96 185
Ezbok58a 165
aknox077 144
BigNSlow 133
73vwTodd 117
Chaplian 116
Featured Member

Copyright 2000-2013 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!