Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | links | news | email login | chat Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Beater of the Month! by road_pizza @ 10 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DaveTheJoker3 dark green satin metallic cars in this thread? wow Green cars make the best beaters !
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2000 crown vic needs priming sometimes to start by RF_Overlord @ Today at 06:35 AM

It took you 5 months to change the filter?
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: installing civilian alternator on P71? by mdnos @ Today at 05:53 AM

Originally Posted By: RF_OverlordYou don't live near that nickel mine in Sudbury, do you? Sudbury is way up there on the other side of Georgian Bay..Avatar says Hamilton, which is nearish Toronto. There is a steel mill or two and chemical plants ri
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by ua1cbm @ Today at 04:41 AM

Change motor OIL (246 kMiles on odo).
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by ua1cbm @ Today at 04:40 AM

Originally Posted By: jbakerhow much $ was 8 gallons in Russia About $20. Couple month earler $33.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: ABS/ Brake light occaisonally on '07 CVPI by RobinWijlandNL @ Today at 03:00 AM

Thanks man. E-bay is filled with these parts, new go about $300 USD and remanufactured about $180 USD. I guess my car has no traction control, right? P71.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: The CVN official cool Christmas music thread by 03RedVicSport @ Today at 01:16 AM

What's the issue with TSO? That's the only X-mas music I can stand to listen to...
Body and Interior
It's not a mount on the glass. I checked them when I replaced the regulator. I can't find an obvious issue with the guides. Are there any common problems with the guides?
Caring for Your Car
Jump to new posts Re: Grade the paint on you car by fomoco4me @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

Both of my 89 TC are 9. 90 CV repaint is a 7. 96 CV repaint is a 8. Started out as a 2. 83 MGM is a 6 75 LTD is a 8
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: '04 Marauder by a_d_a_m @ Yesterday at 11:15 PM

Fly up, drive home!
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: installing civilian alternator on P71? by JTW @ Yesterday at 11:00 PM

It's not the actual alternator that's the problem its the pulley. 200 amp alts have a 1 way clutch pulley (decoupler pulley) civies don't. So if you are the type of diver that get into it a lot then you might wanna change to the clutched pulley. Wi
Finds - eBay, CL, Wherever
Jump to new posts Re: Official Craigslist/eBay/other finds megathread by 121ak @ Yesterday at 10:44 PM

This seems familiar http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/4765126365.html
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2000 crown vic needs priming sometimes to start by soda @ Yesterday at 10:24 PM

Thank you for the help. I just swapped out the fuel filter. Took about 10 minutes and the car starts up perfectly.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Dorman intake vac leak issue by Bangster @ Yesterday at 10:21 PM

I had over 50,000 miles on my PI intake on nPI heads swap, and never a problem at all. The car got wrecked, so it is still sitting there and if I used the engine or fixed the car I would expect 100k of use out of as is. I did PI gaskets and two small
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: '04 Marauder by chrmaka @ Yesterday at 09:58 PM

[censored] in my area you could catch 8-10k. High demand little supply.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Water Pump Replacement by Vickey2000 @ Yesterday at 09:46 PM

I want to do this on mine as well. Would be great to eliminate the mechanical fan to a electric. I look forward to seeing how how it goes.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Driver window comes off track, not regulator prob by Vickey2000 @ Yesterday at 09:44 PM

Might be a mount on the glass. If I remember correctly our cars have two mounts on the bottom of the window to secure it to the regulator. Should be rubber or plastic washers that the bolt goes through to mount to the regulator. These keep the window
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: 9007 bulbs by bluviclx98 @ Yesterday at 09:34 PM

Yea I was gonna upgrade to the 80/100 bulbs but BH1976 mentioned might be to much heat in housing. I didn't want to risk it especially since I have the replacement housings from 1Aauto which I like but sure their not as good as OEM. I'm hoping the U
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Water Pump Replacement by fordoldfart @ Yesterday at 09:33 PM

All you get is the pump and a new o-ring. There is no gasket. And you don't get a pulley
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Leaking undercarriage ? by BigMerc96 @ Yesterday at 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: RF_OverlordOriginally Posted By: Crown_Vic_6If I get a LCM from the junk yard and do the relay upgrade and use that until Ford calls me to do the recall, will that void the warranty? (replace the original) Do you mean will Ford
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Water Pump Replacement by BigMerc96 @ Yesterday at 09:11 PM

They rarely come with the pulley, but its only held on by 4 bolts and isn't a big deal to reuse. If you still have a mechanical fan, that will be about the only point I see you having an issue with. By design, they tighten as they spin, so they are
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Dorman intake vac leak issue by BigMerc96 @ Yesterday at 09:05 PM

I don't remember which gasket requires what, but there is a combination of PI intake and either PI or NPI gaskets that requires RTV on the intake ports and not on the coolant ports. That would expose the RTV to vacuum and not coolant, which might end
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: thermostat gasket by BigMerc96 @ Yesterday at 08:57 PM

It goes on top. The bottom of the water neck has a 1/4 circle beveled edge on it that seats against the o-ring. Never had a problem with the proper o-ring when installed correctly.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: The CVN official cool Christmas music thread by BigMerc96 @ Yesterday at 08:45 PM

NSFW:
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Sct tuner questions by Paul2281 @ Yesterday at 08:40 PM

I was trying to use a Crown Vic 4.6 tune from a SCTX4 tuner on my 01 Grand Marquis LSE which I found out from Dennis Reinhart IS NOT a good idea to do..He took my info and sold me the proper tune for MY car ($75.) and now it runs,shifts likes it`s s
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 ... 33 34 >
Who's in Chat??
Google!
Who's Online
6 registered (road_pizza, MIAMI-DADE, Moby_Vic, Chaplian, Stick, 1 invisible), 38 Guests and 67 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
Moby_Vic 205
BigMerc96 173
ponyguy 154
Ezbok58a 136
a_d_a_m 131
Benno 126
road_pizza 119
JeffBoudah 106
73vwTodd 102
Chaplian 98
Featured Member

Copyright 2000-2013 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!