Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Click here for ADTR! Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by LSE_Dave @ 8 minutes 20 seconds ago

Originally Posted By toadp71 As for what I did today, installed the new gatorback belt in the town car and installed the caddy horns in the vic! Thanks LSE_Dave!
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: Cost Efficient Suspension Lift For Off-Road CV by Hoffman @ 17 minutes 13 seconds ago

Mike here, who has been furiously searching the internet for over a year for this exact information. Sadly you gave me false hope when I first opened this thread, hoping to see completed instructions haha. Now that the CV is my third car this proposi
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Supercharged pcv system build help by hilljack @ 17 minutes 33 seconds ago

I might have to try out one of those upr catch cans. Thanks for posting about them.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Crooked exterior door trim? by BigMerc96 @ 28 minutes 50 seconds ago

Originally Posted By 2011CVPIHair dryer and fishing line. I cant decide whether I like them on or off better and often take off the front doors and leave the back one on. Yep. warm it up somehow (just letting it sit in the sun helps), and run some f
Jump to new posts Re: Problem with front end by BigMerc96 @ 35 minutes 6 seconds ago

The only bolts that shouldn't be torqued with the car in the air are the control arm mounts to the frame. Those need to be torqued at ride-height (or close to it) to avoid potentially damaging the bushings. Ball joints an everything else are good.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: How to remove coils cylinder 2 and 6? by BigMerc96 @ 43 minutes 8 seconds ago

I remember having issues on my buddy's '05 when I did the plugs on it. I remember unplugging something on the drivers side (probably the plug you mention on #2) and having to use a wobble extension to get the spark plug out. I also remember removing
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: What is the deal with the upstream O2 sensors?? by BigMerc96 @ 48 minutes 11 seconds ago

Originally Posted By 2468Well, I'm jealous. I've been fighting the p/s O2 sensor for a while now. I'm up to using a 3/4" drive breaker bar adapted to 1/2" extensions & adapters. I'm breaking universal adapters left & right, & th
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: ModMax OEM Hypereutectic Piston? Good buy? by stalag @ Today at 07:18 PM

Eutectic alloys tend not to expand/contract nearly as much as a forged component. However they are more brittle and under high power loads are susceptible to fracture. If one intends to use nitrous, superchargers, or exhaust turbines in any combina
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Common Codes for Wrench Light? by 2007CrownVic @ Today at 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By Black_SunshineOriginally Posted By garndreadzOriginally Posted By Black_SunshineThe wrench light means there is a problem with the drive by wire (DBW) system. I think it usually indicates a fault in the pedal, the throttle body,
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Heater Core replacement by lumpy12 @ Today at 07:08 PM

I just finished doing this on my 2000 CVPI. This thread and the one in the Body Of Knowledge http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1588408#Post1588408 made a huge job doable. Taking my time and doing it by mysel
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Limited Slip Differential by BlackVic_P71 @ Today at 06:38 PM

Any 31 spline 8.8 differential should work, junkyards are full of them and you can get them new(Ford and aftermarket) for a few hundred. When the rear is apart, check the axles for wear at the bearing and just so you don't have to go back in, replace
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Battery wiring advice. by PHoganDive @ Today at 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By dzpThanks Steve. Will a high output alternator help with that issue any? Also I'm assuming you can't adjust the low idle speed on our cars right? Be cautious with high output alternators. Many have stators rewound with thicker
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: High fuel trim values by 98BoatCaptain @ Today at 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By BlueFusionCuriously, did you reset the ECU keep alive memory after replacing the MAF? If not, pull the battery negative cable off few 20 minutes and start from there. Do a highway run. Short trips don't get the engine hot enough
Jump to new posts Re: Non-notice Recall for steering shaft 13R01 by luvmyp71 @ Today at 04:09 PM

AFFECTED VEHICLES Certain 2005 through 2011 model year Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, and Town Car vehicles originally sold or currently registered in the following states: Connecticut Iowa Michigan New York Virginia Delaware Kentucky Minnesota Ohio
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: CV License Plate Rattle by P_Weston @ Today at 03:47 PM

I used needle nose pliers to pull the two rubber things through the holes in my license plate and they hold it snug now. Seems almost what they intended?
Jump to new posts Re: How often should the RAS compressor run? by stalag @ Today at 02:59 PM

Get the heavy duty ones from Arnott.
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: Finally some decent pictures/Introduction by MIAMI-DADE @ Today at 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By s33k3rThose headlights look a little dim. Might want to get a wiring harness before tint, too. My headlights are exactly as bright as his since I got my Vic back in 05..Nothing seems wrong with them IMHO which means nothing.
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Electronic Throttle and 5.4L 4v swap? by redparrott72700 @ Today at 12:42 PM

Another tidbit to ad, in doing some research on the 5.4L boss intake, i noticed the throttle body/butterfly on the 5.4l Boss one that is fly by wire, looks nearly identical to the 99-04 navigator throttle body/butterfly, aside from the throttle cable
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Any results with Pennzoil High Mileage Synthetic? by GrandMarq9807 @ Today at 11:43 AM

At 83Kmi on a pre '96 4.6, the valve stem seals are beginning to fail... As long as engine gets fully warmed, number of trips a day means zip... If you were ridin' three blocks up to the 7-11 for a six pack at 6 AM and going back in evening for ano
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: jmod problems..help me please... by Fordguy78 @ Today at 09:58 AM

The flare would indicate a load not being applied. Either it engages slow or releases slow. It allows rpm to spike . with wiring it , most the time, works or it don't . it sounds like a mechanical issue . something is restricting the flow before and
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Russian Soldier Calls Air Strike on Himself by Moby_Vic @ Today at 09:12 AM

In Putin's Russia, air strikes you.
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 CVPI from Northwest Chicago Burbs by BigMerc96 @ Today at 08:57 AM

All accounts on this site require manual approval by the administrator(s). There was a long period of time where the admin were completely absent, followed by a time where the ability to approve new members was apparently broken after a forum softwar
Finds - eBay, CL, Wherever
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 crown vic LMAO by Joee511 @ Today at 07:12 AM

I want an '11 since it has so much MORE than my '09
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Testing Premium radio head unit by UAvic @ Today at 06:59 AM

Originally Posted By CrownBenNothing is happening because without the RCU, the FCU is not receiving any responses. It's sending a turn on request, but not getting anything back so nothing happens. The RCU has to tell it what to display and what indic
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: Surging after hitting gas by 85ltdcrownvic @ Today at 02:04 AM

Ive noticed it will surge sometimes too. I drove it tonight to meet some buddies and the fast idle stayed on most of the way there then came down after giving it some gas. When I left I noticed the fast idle wasnt engaged but later engaged while acce
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Google!
Who's Online
13 registered (09mnsp, BigMerc96, fordoldfart, busha83, 2004_p71, 1 invisible), 72 Guests and 75 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
Blakat 274
BigMerc96 264
Chaplian 224
a_d_a_m 181
Black_Sunshine 155
bigROC209 136
2000-CVPI 136
toadp71 135
garndreadz 135
98BoatCaptain 110
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!