Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | links | news | email login | chat Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Traction control switch not working 2011 PI by PerP @ 3 minutes 0 seconds ago

Here is a few views of the IDS but I don't see anything on TC.http://idmsvcs.com/2vmod/fordids/screenshots/index.html
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 08 CVPI Starter replace and loud noise help by PerP @ 15 minutes 23 seconds ago

Before you do anything with the starter, disconnect the battery. Also ..http://idmsvcs.com/2vmod/starter/removereinstall/index.html
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: Wheel bearing ?'s by Fastcat @ 16 minutes 7 seconds ago

When I replaced my rear passenger wheel bearing I removed my e brake shoes pulled the cable through the spindle and zip tied it. And you won't know if you need to replace the axle until you pull it off so just expect the worst. And to self comfort
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Detroit to 'refurbish' Panthers by AeroVic1997 @ 23 minutes 49 seconds ago

If I were a Liberal And You were a Lady You'd better Run Away I'm keeping your Baby
FoMoCo News
Jump to new posts Re: New Ford GT has >600 HP EcoBoost by Moby_Vic @ Today at 12:59 AM

Have any of you ever been to a sportscar endurance race? I've gone to the 12 Hours of Sebring every year since 2000. My favorite thing is the sound of all the different engine configurations out there on the track at the same time. Fours, sixes, eigh
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: let the 5.4 breathe by Brock_Samson @ Today at 12:49 AM

I hear you, but i have smog to pass so ill , so ill stick with the basics for now. But is there a tuner that can handle this and upgrades in the future?
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by SocalSam @ Today at 12:45 AM

Thought about my next mod. Does that count?
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: CNGInterceptor's official Cobra conversion thread by Bondfreak13 @ Today at 12:19 AM

Sounds like an odd question, but how much does the supercharger setup weigh? Im just really curious. Such as how much weight does it add to the engine?
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: headlights only work occasionally by DanMitchell13 @ Today at 12:18 AM

Someone opened up a new LCM that was installed by Ford. The relays are different brand and kinda white color. Can't remember where I saw this thread.
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Manual transmission for the crown vic by fomofo @ Yesterday at 10:21 PM

If I understand you - you're wanting to know where to reinforce the firewall around the clutch cable hole. First you need to locate where the hole goes. I suggest when your brain cools down looking through this thread. There is also: http://www.crown
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2005 P71 - 2-3 shift gone by shipracer @ Yesterday at 09:55 PM

Ha I will keep it garaged, I lost 3rd gear before (in a completely different way) with my other P71 and tranny, and just like you shortly after 1-2 went (not even an hour later minutes). This time its completely different, I can get into 3rd (going
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: n00b sells FR-S, inherits 170k '96 TC by Jarlaxle @ Yesterday at 09:24 PM

Minor valve cover leak: try using Quaker State Defy 5W-30 for your next oil change. (Red bottle, stores usually have it with the high-mileage oils.) It has seal conditioners that might at least slow it down.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Getting a Southern car by Jarlaxle @ Yesterday at 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By ColdsnapHow bout mine? http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/5193056242.html This is probably the cleanest and most virgin Sport you can find. I'll lower the price for a Crownvic.net member and shipping can be arranged easily. N
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: BBF or LSx by 1990LTD @ Yesterday at 08:47 PM

I love my V8 Fords as much as anyone else but you can't make power any cheaper than an LS. I'm going to jam a 4.8 (no variable displacement like the 5.3) in my 1990, more than likely. Nitrous and sticky tires and spin it to the moon.
Jump to new posts Re: New Rotors & Pads.... now feels warped! by Former85Owner @ Yesterday at 08:45 PM

Hubs can look fine but have serious runout. You need a dial indicator setup to verify that. I had some nasty brake shimmy because of that.
Tires and Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Cobra rims...anyone using them on an Aero? by BlackVic_P71 @ Yesterday at 07:56 PM

'03-04 Mustang wheels are about +30 offset, you need spacers(1") to use them since your stock offset is about 0. These are stock 17x8 Cobra wheels on my wagon(virtually identical suspension as your aero), I am using 1.5" spacers(because I h
FoMoCo News
Jump to new posts Re: With a Cloud of Dust and a Hearty "Hi-ho, Silver!" by Moby_Vic @ Yesterday at 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By PonyguyHere's the impetus for a Ranger/Bronco redux: http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/jee...gn=awdailydrive That's some Trail Rated ugly. I hope I never seen one on the road.
Scale Model/Die Cast Cars
Jump to new posts Re: New/Reissued Ford Kits by Moby_Vic @ Yesterday at 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By juzzaAccording to Revell's website, the Starsky and Hutch Torino is being released this month too. Last I heard it's supposed to come out in October. So figure May of next year, maybe....
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Cam Experts by PHoganDive @ Yesterday at 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By juniorOriginally Posted By 2004_p71Originally Posted By junior I actually didn't know that. Which one of the three are we talking about? I'll do that and call it a day. IIRC richmond makes them for ford but what I have been
Jump to new posts Re: why are panther toe specs more negative? by mshnizler @ Yesterday at 05:58 PM

It could have something to do with the track width on front and back. I looked up an explorer of early 2000 style and it has equal front and rear track, the vic on 98-02 (afaik) has about a 2 inch larger track in the rear.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 05' P71 to many tranny problems, whats my options? by Fordiesel69 @ Yesterday at 05:36 PM

Using a corded sawzall, saw off the front u-joint and remove the driveshaft. The entire draftshaft and associate parts are junk anyways after a hit like that. You will need to hammer off the tailshaft yoke. Cross fingers the tailshaft is not bent.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 p71 transmission overheating by Fordiesel69 @ Yesterday at 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By OrlandoFLVicSorry I didn't know that at the time. I had my car looked at and was told o need to service the transmission. Bud, here is what to do: Look online for "transmission temp guage" and find one that you insta
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Blue oval chips concerns by Captain_Slow @ Yesterday at 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By 2004_p71Originally Posted By BangsterI know that he no longer sent out the files that you could modify with the software on the laptop. I got a few tunes from him like that, and wanted another. I liked to fine tune things to the
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: idle hours by CNGInterceptor @ Yesterday at 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By RF_OverlordRelated topic: I think I remember reading here that Ford says 1 hour of idling is the equivalent of 33 miles of driving...does that sound right? That's is correct.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Junkyards in your area? by bigROC209 @ Yesterday at 04:23 PM

I got my 04 ziptube, coil springs, and rear sway bar at Pick N Pull.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Google!
Who's Online
5 registered (masonshill, Becker34, DrDra_Woody, PerP, bigltc), 26 Guests and 41 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
toadp71 169
BigMerc96 152
Moby_Vic 144
Ponyguy 139
DussellRay 138
Ezbok58a 136
BigNSlow 133
2004_p71 122
a_d_a_m 96
junior 93
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2013 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!