Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | links | news | email login | chat Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: BOC vs. MPT by 121ak @ 4 minutes 1 second ago

I'm looking at taking my Vic to a dyno-tuning facility that's about 45 miles away and have them tune the car.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Which looks better? by ponyguy @ 34 minutes 5 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Ezbok58aOriginally Posted By: Chicago2VP71Originally Posted By: Ezbok58aLifting a 2wd is not a wise choice. Curious why that is? The reason one lifts a truck it for clearance for bigger tires for off roading. You really
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: 2005 P71 First Roadtrip by Taximan @ 42 minutes 0 seconds ago

Excellent to see that its continuing to run like a champ. Car looks great, especially with the big tires.
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Tork Tech making m112 kits for panthers? by Ezbok58a @ Today at 12:35 AM

Originally Posted By: KayTarOk that video is months old where is the finished product? Ahem... Originally Posted By: yeahinc Finishing it up now.... hopefully done in a month, took tons of pictures of the install.
Finds - eBay, CL, Wherever
Jump to new posts Re: Official Craigslist/eBay/other finds megathread by Bellwestern80 @ Today at 12:31 AM

http://macon.craigslist.org/cto/4633693584.html It's a $900 Southern '84 Two-Door MGM. Somebody should go get this.
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: summit under drive pulleys by cdr-m@x @ Today at 12:20 AM

The cop car alternators are 200 amp I believe. Anyhow the rotating mass is so heavy, that when the transmission shifts into 2nd, the belt slows down and the alternator keeps going. The cop car alternator has a clutch so it can keep spinning faster an
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: 5.4 2V Required Modifications for Boost by KayTar @ Today at 12:17 AM

Sweet another local! ^^
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Crossbreed haters beware... by CameronVic @ Today at 12:14 AM

Yes the 80e is in the car, and I'm not using the stock crossmember. It was originally made for the TH400 that was in it. The crossmember was bolted into the stock location for the th400, then I had to fab new mounts for the 80e further back because t
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: dash cam by Bangster @ Yesterday at 11:43 PM

Odd about issues with suction cup mounts. My car is mainly parked in the sun. Ambient outdoor temps reach 110 on the hottest days, over 75 days a year over 100. I get 2 years out of suction cups and batteries, but for those 2 years, it never falls d
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Grabbed an '07! by juzza @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

Our older Vics had an alarm system that was turned on with a key that looked just like that. Just a thought.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by Wags4000 @ Yesterday at 11:08 PM

Drove the wifes pacifica to the beach for the weekend....550 miles in that underpowered hulk made me happy to jump in the 03 when i got home and run to the store for essentials. Accidently squealed the tire pulling away from the first stop sign. A
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Bad gas mileage what am I missing? by Jacksknight @ Yesterday at 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Chicago2VP7124-26MPG on the highway with 3.73s? I call BS (I think?) lol Yeah it wouldn't even be close to that. I have 2.73 and i can see 26 to 28 on long highway trips. My guess is it would be the plugs or you just think yo
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: POTM - September 2014 - Voting by Totalled @ Yesterday at 10:10 PM

Looks great, thanks.
North Central
Jump to new posts Re: Chicagoland Meet! by Kickingwing519 @ Yesterday at 10:01 PM

I have wedding to go to in KY, I'll be leaving the court of September, the wedding is on the 5th, I'll be coming back to west Michigan on the sixth. I would love to attend, I need to tslk it over with my wife, but I don't think that should be an issu
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Radiator fan doesn't come on. Causes? by TomB985 @ Yesterday at 09:44 PM

The RPM fluctuation is a symptom of the fans not coming on. Because of lack of airflow through the condenser excessive pressure builds on the high side which causes the high pressure switch to close. This shuts off the compressor until pressure com
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: BOO switch by 124neta @ Yesterday at 09:05 PM

I cant help you out much, because I'm not knowledgeable about these parts, and dont have a panther nearby to look at. You mentioned in your first post that you bought a replacement from teh zoan. If it were me, I would have sourced a motorcraft
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: New front end on a 2000CVPI by Vickey2000 @ Yesterday at 08:47 PM

Thank you. So many choices.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: "cop chip" please tell my nephew by CrystalPistol @ Yesterday at 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: ConnCarlInteresting thread! I learned from experience by swapping a CVPI ECM into my '00 Grand Monkey. That was a great upgrade, but mostly for minor driveability issues...shift points and so on. It was the cheapest and easi
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Buy an '02 Marq. LSE vs keep my '04 Interceptor? by Thumb @ Yesterday at 07:47 PM

Rollin.. Was able to get my new rack installed this weekend for $198.xx w/ a 2 yr/24k warranty. Still at the shop getting work done. Can't wait to see how she feels though. The blue interceptor from the ad you posted is pretty slick. Especially with
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: Alignment after replacing Lower Ball Joints? by 03RedVicSport @ Yesterday at 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: chipdog4I wouldn't get an alignment until you find the problem. Waste of $$$. And, no, lower ball joints won't require an alignment. Take a closer look at the idler arm bushing, where it mounts on the frame. Glad someone el
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: flash tune by Dennis Reinhart by baggerben @ Yesterday at 07:10 PM

well at least someone here got taken care of by him. I'm still waiting on a decent street tune for my car . it's been almost a freaking year. all i get from Denis is excuses and bad tunes.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: cell/navigation options by Bangster @ Yesterday at 06:40 PM

These are the cheapo ones I got, the suction cup one with two pivot points isn't in the picture because it is in use for a car DVR, but for under 2 bucks each I will order a couple more. Found a use for my iMac: Once I got an NFC tag configure
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Help ! fuel door locked shut ! by mikeyman @ Yesterday at 05:55 PM

Bangster, You nailed it- the button popped out, the spring and the metal piece went flying, and one of the long plastic tabs broke off. The car door was open, the button went INTO the car, the other 2 pcs went OUT onto the ground...I wasn't famili
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: 03 trans cross member removal by yeahinc @ Yesterday at 05:53 PM

We wrap a chain around the edge, attach the other side to the bottom of the lift post and lift until it pops out.
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: FNG here, Detroit Metro 05 P71 by Crazkene13 @ Yesterday at 04:46 PM

A few days ago: Roof rack complete: Cost was 16 bucks at Parts Galore junkyard, 10 stainless M6 button heads, 10 big fender washers, 1 tube of black rtv, lot's of hand skin and blood left under the headliner
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Who's in Chat??
Google!
Who's Online
5 registered (04RauderDTR, 03RedVicSport, SSS, 2 invisible), 29 Guests and 57 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ezbok58a 224
KayTar 200
124neta 174
BigMerc96 163
BigNSlow 151
road_pizza 142
a_d_a_m 133
aknox077 107
BlackVic_P71 101
09mnsp 97
Featured Member

Copyright 2000-2013 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!