Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Click here for ADTR! Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
When the compressor was replaced, was the drier also replaced? The drier on mine has a broken tab and wouldn't seat correctly into the compressor. It ran finish for a while, but eventually got bad enough that 9/10 times the car would just drop and
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Differential vent by bspurloc @ 22 minutes 24 seconds ago

mine has a rubber tube that goes straight up about 6 inches then curves straight down about 2 inches. pretty sure it was there since I got the car. never seen anything leak out of it
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Narcos S1 E6 Explosivos. by road_pizza @ 28 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By dpkIf you're gonna cite Animal House, the car they were driving was a '64 Lincoln but the movie takes place in '62. True, but much less obvious.
Jump to new posts Re: 09 GMQ - disable check air suspension message by 2011LX @ 35 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Black & FlamesOriginally Posted By 2011LXBACKHT I suppose because it represents the rear (back) height (ht). Technically the RETURN line (signal return) and BACKHT lines (signal ) are both 'ground', but it would be misleadi
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Bad Ideas.......I Think by 2004_p71 @ 41 minutes 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By PackmanJust running ideas. Hoped that somebody here may have done the same thing; apparently not as the responses were don't do it. Asked a question in my original post; got another question that I didn't ask answered. So, yea
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: 08 MGM radio wiring by RF_Overlord @ 43 minutes 22 seconds ago

FWIW, I compared the "2003-2011" connectors in the link to my 2003 factory wiring manual and they match. The only thing that sort of lines up with your picture is the wire in pin 1 is a VT/LB and is a 16-gauge, where all the others are 20
Tires and Wheels
Jump to new posts 255/50R17 Riken Raptor ZR's? by JDA_09Vic @ 49 minutes 37 seconds ago

I'm going to 17x8 solid black bullitts on my 09 CVPI, there's a few 255/50r17 tires, mostly nitto. I like the invo's as I could normally rotate them, but they are about $156 a tire, and I saw on TireRack a new-ish tire by Riken (I think made by BFG?)
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2005 P71 - Cylinder 8 Misfire, Looks rotted? by shipracer @ Today at 12:04 PM

Some pictures and notes. PICTURES Old intake removed https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8Vi6Zbkyuc6ZFBmaE56VFNSUms https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8Vi6Zbkyuc6dzZNUzZYMTdTVVE Cleaned https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8Vi6Zbkyuc6NnE4X0xpazVFejQ
Jump to new posts Re: 2009 CVPI Parking Brake Woes by RF_Overlord @ Today at 11:55 AM

Thanks, man. The only time I've worked on Panther parking brakes is on the ex's Marauder...I remember it was a PITA, but once I figured out the correct procedure it all came together. I have to do them on my DD for the next inspection, so your effor
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: DOHC engine swap, finally! by GoldPanther @ Today at 11:27 AM

Originally Posted By DracNice progress man. Keep up the good work. Thank you Originally Posted By BigNSlowI got a used Xcal2, unlocked if you are interested. I sure will be. I'll get back to you when ready. Thanks!
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Oil in Coolant - Engine Oil Cooler by Rootintootin @ Today at 11:21 AM

Originally Posted By cv83Assuming it's the engine oil cooler, looks like a few choices: 2. Replace...... Found this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-LINCOLN-AND-MERCURY-OEM-ENGINE-OIL-COOLER-6W7Z-6A642-AA-GENUINE-FORD/232161373093?_trksid=p2047675.c
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by charlieD @ Today at 10:44 AM

Got to check out the new winter tires, unbelievable difference in the heavy rain and now icy covered roads. It's like a different car. I use them on my Saab also, it's not quite the snow monster it is, but MUCH better then all seasons.
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: 11 second GMQ by mdnos @ Today at 10:06 AM

parasitic loss is more like 15% so 495 crank HP so close enough to 500 crank hp.
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Throttle Body and Plenum by EZlivin11 @ Today at 09:52 AM

Yes I did, and the next one will be much cleaner.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Someone please put the 2005 Tranny issues to rest by Fordiesel69 @ Today at 09:32 AM

1.) I personally only owned two 05's that failed. One CV, when warm, the tranny would slip on takeoff only when warm. 2.) 2006 expedition ( built in 2005) that shifted perfect on way home from auction, next day it made it into first, then would j
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Spark Plugs by NM117 @ Today at 08:56 AM

Originally Posted By filthyboatguyOriginally Posted By NM117I put motorcraft in mine runs like new,my other i put auto lite in ran better then the old ones but not as good as motorcraft, also gap makes a big difference Same plug. no they arent lol
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Big issue by NM117 @ Today at 08:51 AM

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017IZ13S...&ref=plSrch This would not be bad ac Delco is quality
Modular High Performance
Lmfao, that looks like some major personal problems you have on our hands there, Pier xD
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: odd swap by grandmakey @ Today at 08:22 AM

what type of 1/4 mi performance are the coyote swaps gittin?
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Panther build in YouTube! (Grand Marquis) by BigNSlow @ Today at 07:32 AM

I skipped through it last night and it went pretty much exactly as I expected.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Blinker randomly Clicks!!!! by Bellwestern80 @ Today at 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By lakings48 So I do that, wait for a little bit and then it is safe to take apart steering wheel are without blowing my head off? Right. The airbag is generally stable as is, but taking a precaution is always a good idea. But as
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: serpentine belt by SocalSam @ Today at 01:51 AM

All you need is a 3/8 ratchet on the belt tensioner to release the belt. Can't say I am tempted by Gatorbacks as regular belts have served me well. GB pattern does look like it would resist debris from becoming embedded between the ribs which could
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: engine missfires and wont start by 85ltdcrownvic @ Yesterday at 11:07 PM

So was it running before you replaced the intake? If thats the case then it has to do with what you did in the process of taking the manifold off.
Finds - eBay, CL, Wherever
Jump to new posts Re: Official Craigslist/eBay/other finds megathread by juzza @ Yesterday at 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By a_d_a_mOriginally Posted By juzzaP71 with Mararuder front clip. http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/5908294584.html I don't know anything about pushbars, but if that cover hasn't been hacked, the car is almost worth the ask price ju
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Runs cold, let's talk thermostats by 09P71VIC @ Yesterday at 08:12 PM

Sweet, glad someone else tried it. Heck with winter here, a little heavy on the antifreeze I recon can't be too bad. I'm thinking about 60% ant/40% water but it's not a deal breaker if it evens out to 50/50
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Google!
Who's Online
9 registered (2011LX, Black_Chrome, EZlivin11, Fordiesel69, Bellwestern80, 1 invisible), 82 Guests and 120 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
NM117 264
a_d_a_m 211
Moby_Vic 202
RF_Overlord 151
BigMerc96 130
charlieD 120
Ezbok58a 111
SocalSam 100
Chaplian 95
EZlivin11 95
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!