Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | links | news | email login | chat Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: Brake Light Comes on Intermittently by Former85Owner @ 8 minutes 14 seconds ago

Yeah, AGS green coated polyarmor lines + brushing or spraying on fluidfilm every 2 or so years. No problems after that.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Spark Plug Gap for 1994 LTC? by GrandVictoriaV8 @ 9 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BangsterLike any other not boosted, non E85 running 4.6 that is. What's really funny is I don't even know what that means!
Jump to new posts Re: Suspension help 2000 TC by Chevyguy @ 22 minutes 48 seconds ago

The only Town Cars that handle good are the "Ride Control" or Touring Editions which are a Lincoln version of the HPP package (NOT the same as a HPP, somewhat softer). Cartier models may come with this or a version of such. The standard T
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Cluster swap advice by ford05 @ 47 minutes 29 seconds ago

Can someone install my marauder cluster for me in my 05? Any close by CV members?
Jump to new posts Re: Point in replacing worn suspension parts? by Former85Owner @ Today at 09:25 AM

I had a loud pop everytime I would turn with my wheel at full lock. Checked the lower right BJ and the rubber was gone. Small amount of play, but a disaster waiting to happen. Replaced it this past weekend with the Moog problem solver. Took 2.5 hours
Jump to new posts Re: ABS problems HELP! by Former85Owner @ Today at 09:17 AM

Could be a pattern failure. ABS units have flex cables inside that deteriorate - and cause solenoid failures. Not common but it does happen.
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: 4.6 dohc heads into 05 sport? by Vickey2000 @ Today at 08:53 AM

A 5.0 dohc stroker motor can make 400. I have ported pi heads, mild cams, 93 octane tune and run with mild modified marauders. Just a example. (Trans, convertor, and rear gears with will yield different results.)
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Bro, Do you even lift ?! by Rizzo @ Today at 07:46 AM

Google Red Chevy Monza, pick any red fast back looking model. Doors didn't stay closed.. Rope. tru story
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Coyote Power... by BigMerc96 @ Today at 07:46 AM

Originally Posted By: 09mnspOriginally Posted By: CameronVicI don't go to car shows to win in the originality contest. I go to the track and don't lift till the cameras stop flashing. somebody's going to use this quote in their Sig I thought about i
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: BEST PLUGS by BigMerc96 @ Today at 07:42 AM

I always use Autolite Double Platinum plugs in 4.6s. The part number is APP104. A few $$ cheaper for the exact same plug as whats in the Motorcraft box.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by chipdog4 @ Today at 06:26 AM

Filled up and got 25 MPG. All summer, I was getting 20-21 MPG. Think there might be a problem with the AC Compressor... Unless the same week I didn't use AC, the gas station switched to winter blend. I think not.
FoMoCo News
Jump to new posts Re: Ford GT Comeback by KayTar @ Today at 03:58 AM

I don't like the renderings, which is odd because I was A HUGE fanboy of the GT90 they created back in the 1990's which it kind of resembles. I remember playing Need For Speed 2 as a kid and always selecting the GT90. Still love the concept to this
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Crown Victoria and Taurus Test Drives by watkd @ Today at 12:21 AM

I would like to share this video. Given the fact that there are currently over 166,000 views, this video most likely was shown on the site. If it hasn't, I am going to share it. I like how sweet the V-8 sounds. Thanks.
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Small Performance upgrade question. by dnavideoproject @ Today at 12:15 AM

Description of my car is in the signature. I recently traded some wheels for a box of cool performance upgrades for a foxbody mustang (technically a mercury capri with 5.0 HO swap, but thats a different conversation). Anyway, out of the box i pulled
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Replacement headlights - too many choices by azjaeger @ Yesterday at 10:58 PM

go to the pick n pull, get a pair of used OEM, use one of the headlight cleaner kits on it. Install, then clean your originals the same way and store them. It only takes a couple minutes to swap headlights once they get foggy again. Repeat as necessa
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: New car in the Family by Benno @ Yesterday at 10:29 PM

Whoa...how have I not realised the SS was even a thing? Mainstream cars are not my thing and you'd reckon something like an Aussie GM making it here would show on my radar. Let us know how your experiences are with it, Bondfreak13. After the fami
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: A true VomitRocket! Texas Mile CVPI by 124neta @ Yesterday at 10:18 PM

There is nothing to find, I thougnt the 90.999 was a mistake, which was supposed to read 99.999. Originally Posted By: a_d_a_mI can't make my brain parts work. Welcome to my world.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Trunk lid badging replacement... by fomoco4me @ Yesterday at 09:34 PM

+1 on using the tape. Another choice would be using 3M emblem adhesive.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: timing chain guides and tensioners by a_d_a_m @ Yesterday at 09:30 PM

From this thread which helped me several years back: Quote:TENSIONER PART NUMBERS: 1L3A-L266-AA (RH) $51.88 XL1Z-6L266-AA (LH) $50.38 TENSIONER ARMS: 1L2Z-6L253-AA (RH) $21.52 1L2Z-6L253-AA (LH) $21.64 GUIDES (PLASTIC/NYLON) 4R3Z-6B274-BA (LH) $22.
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: 2000 MGM / MZT and Cooler Weather by defflepp1 @ Yesterday at 09:25 PM

A tune from MPT, you already have the tuner so all you need is the tune. Ive had both BOC and MPT and i must say i feel that the MPT is better all around. Or if you have a little bit more money to spend id say gears. I just put 4.10's in my '03 Marqu
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: t56 magnum/VMP TVS by musclemerc @ Yesterday at 08:39 PM

When you get a chance post up a pic of what you did to the wiper cowl to make it fit around the blower
Vicster State Index
Jump to new posts Re: Missouri by pirate81 @ Yesterday at 08:32 PM

Hello from St. Charles, Mo!
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Which Kicker 6 x 8 should I put in my Crown Vic? by Coldsnap @ Yesterday at 08:21 PM

Gotcha. I was thinking a kenwood double din head unit, whatever kickers, and the alpine mini amp. Interesting to hear the baseline kickers might work better with the alpine amp than the top teir ones. I can also get a good price on kenwood speakers s
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Drivers door lower hinge by pirate81 @ Yesterday at 08:15 PM

I have the same issue with my 01 MGM. I believe the door détentes are inherently weak in these cars.
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Car is breaking up at all rpm by Vickey2000 @ Yesterday at 07:42 PM

kurt- I triple checked everything. I even had to take the intake off to remove all the spark plugs so I doubt I forgot to tighten it up 2x. Im still leaning towards bad gas. I was driving earlier today in the car and seamed fine. Floored it the ent
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Who's in Chat??
Google!
Who's Online
9 registered (GoogleAndroid, Former85Owner, 124neta, Black_Chrome, ford05, bhafford, 1 invisible), 77 Guests and 131 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
road_pizza 305
a_d_a_m 289
Moby_Vic 199
Chicago2VP71 198
BigMerc96 192
Ezbok58a 170
aknox077 153
BigNSlow 132
optik 117
ponyguy 116
Featured Member

Copyright 2000-2013 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!