Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Click here for ADTR! Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
4.6L Based Powertrains
Ah yes, fuel pumps are supposed to go out when the tank is full. Mine did. Ford service was not thrilled bout it. Oh well.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Heater core replacement by PB92 @ 3 minutes 46 seconds ago

Little advice. While you have everything "apart" which is not easy by yourself, replace the blend door actuator. And anything else you cannot get to with the dash in. You can thank me later. Hoses. Cut the length wise at the core with a
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Polish or replace headlamp assembly? by Fordiesel69 @ 5 minutes 45 seconds ago

The ebay ones are great **IF** you swap your mounts over. The aftermarket mounts suck.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Missing engine compartment light by 98BoatCaptain @ 8 minutes 9 seconds ago

One of my projects is to swap out all the incandescent bulbs in my '98 GM with LED replacements. But I can't find the engine compartment light. As in, it seems to be missing entirely. Not only the bulb, but the fixture where the bulb would be, sim
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Restoring a 2000 Grand Marquis LS! by PB92 @ 10 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By mdnosOriginally Posted By stalagFor the rims, a good cleaning and reconditioning of the rims would be in order. A competent rim shop should be able to straighten that out for you for around $100/rim Refinishing rims are more t
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Facebook display problems resets Internet Explorer by road_pizza @ 11 minutes 25 seconds ago

I'm a big fan of Firefox, FTMFW!
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: LED interior bulbs vs battery saver by 98BoatCaptain @ 11 minutes 27 seconds ago

I'm more confused now than I was before. I want to replace all my interior bulbs (and the one in the trunk and engine compartment) with LEDs. Some have recommended LED kits off eBay, which are really just a discounted bulk package (10 bulbs total I
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: Door lock rod clip? by Packman @ 14 minutes 53 seconds ago

Mine pops out in the colder weather. I forgot how it goes back on; you have to stick your arm up in there and pull down on the rod to clear the bottom of the handle. Then stick it back into the hole at the bottom of the inside handle lever. I thin
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: What year was the watts link stud dangerous? by Bangster @ 16 minutes 7 seconds ago

98+ when the watts link was added. I don't think there is a certain year that it got worse. While there are failures, I don't think it is a common one under common operating conditions even police use and curb hopping.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: The Comfort, the Space... by CNGInterceptor @ 20 minutes 41 seconds ago

" Well I'm not the world's most masculine man But I know what I am and I'm glad I'm a man And so is the lady in this ad "
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: My 91 Crown Vic Build by Packman @ 22 minutes 18 seconds ago

Stroker kit; or just going the 351W route? Sounds like you got this all worked out. Packman
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Picture Challenge Thread, V.II by Blakat @ 28 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By toadp71I'm in the land of hillbillies and can't find one. Ford, Deere, Kubota got you covered. Found one on-line for sale, 2 hours away. Not gonna happen.
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Engine swaps? by CNGInterceptor @ 29 minutes 9 seconds ago

You're on the right track thinking Terminator or Mach I 32 valve engines, that's for sure. The only thing I can tell you is it can get very expensive, depending on how far you go.
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: CNGInterceptor's official Cobra conversion thread by CNGInterceptor @ 36 minutes 49 seconds ago

Yeahhh, it's seen better days that's for sure. But all the go fast parts are looking good!
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: spot light keeps blowing fuses but in a wierd way by mot250 @ 46 minutes 4 seconds ago

Where is the fuse for the spotlight (I have a 2007 CVPI)? Mine just went dead recently and I don't know if the bulb went or I blew a fuse. I only noticed it after I had blown the Cig lighter fuse (position 16 under steering wheel area) with a power
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Still Battling Whistling/Squeaking Noise? by PointFive @ Today at 02:46 PM

I'm still haunted by this noise that is just quiet enough to go unnoticed with a medium volume radio, but just annoying enough to want to get rid of and fix! This is an otherwise beautiful, clean, low mileage, well maintained 2011 Vic. It sounds l
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Toyota Prius vs Crown Vic Super Bowl Commercial by Bellwestern80 @ Today at 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By QuasarOriginally Posted By BlakatOriginally Posted By Jeff2WTF? That made no sense at all. At least "Panther" was mentioned. Good to see Chicago PD, Illinois State PD and Yellow Cab Crown Vics. What was the car t
Body and Interior
I gave you some wiring details from a 2005. This is very likely the same wiring for 2007. The electrical manual does not reveal the resistance values inside the switches. (It's possible the main FSM *might* offer some insight in the troubleshooting c
Tires and Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: LX Sport wheels powder coated by Bellwestern80 @ Today at 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By chipdog4No offense to the former owner of this car, but they look like crap. Get steelies if you want black wheels. http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2843427#Post2843427 Those rims almos
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: The 21mm factory swabar is available again... by Fordiesel69 @ Today at 02:08 PM

Will a 21mm be am improvement over the police? If so I would have assumed it would have come standard on them.
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Ford Racing Speed Dial box by CVPI_GT @ Today at 02:05 PM

I'm looking for help from the 92-02 guys who have a TR3650 swap and have had to do the speed cal box to get their speedometer working properly again. I manly need to know if you did the gear correction or the tire correction too? Thanks
Finds - eBay, CL, Wherever
Like I said, I've never wanted to drool over a Mazda. However, I did own one of the very first Ford Probes ever made, which was made side by side with the Mazda 626 at the joint venture assembly plant in Flat Rock, Michigan. Much more drool worthy
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Lincoln Raptor by Moby_Vic @ Today at 01:02 PM

Full story (not about Lincoln Raptors): http://autoweek.com/article/car-life/magnificent-mutants-hammertown
Finds - eBay, CL, Wherever
Jump to new posts Last of the line by Blakat @ Today at 12:27 PM

If hadn't already bought 3 CVPI's in the past 4 months, I would definitely go after this one: http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/5432289701.html Being a 2011 Black and White, it represents the last of the real cop cars.
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: 1993 Crown Victoria GT build by CVPI_GT @ Today at 12:14 PM

Good Luck on your build. For some good information on the suspension check out the link I hae below I redid the entire suspension on my car a few years ago.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Google!
Who's Online
15 registered (defflepp1, Black_Chrome, Bobbert, 98BoatCaptain, Castle616, 4 invisible), 82 Guests and 74 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
Blakat 344
a_d_a_m 208
toadp71 194
2000-CVPI 184
Ponyguy 184
Chaplian 157
jbaker 144
Moby_Vic 135
road_pizza 135
Ezbok58a 108
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!