Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Trailer Hitch options for Town Car? by LSE_Dave @ 2 minutes 36 seconds ago

I had to drill my 2000 for a class 3.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: How my 5 Speed Post Apocalyptic Crown Vic happened by 2004_p71 @ 41 minutes 57 seconds ago

Awsome pictures I'm glad for you and your project enjoy it as much as you can
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: Kennewick cruiser RE-build by Sh0rtlife @ 55 minutes 6 seconds ago

so on this seat console...it would apear the factory had intended it to have some kind of wiring..for what i would asume was likely a carphone as ive seen a factory on in another lincoln ..regardless you have to partialy dissasemble the console to f
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: hydraulic clutch conversion kit by 2004_p71 @ 58 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Rainyp71Pier, what was your reasoning for not going with a throw out bearing? I'm planning on making the addition of a hydraulic clutch setup on my build. Did you use the slave setup because of its ease? The installation of th
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: AC not blowing hard, EATC by Jacksknight @ Today at 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By 1 Adam 12All of the door motors are vacuum controlled, so yes, the o-rings at the EATC could be failing, the door linkage is binding, vacuum leak elsewhere, etc. Do you know if there are any vacuum diagrams for the AC/heatin
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 vs 2011 4.6L by BigMerc96 @ Today at 03:15 PM

They should be the same engine. There were no major changes after ~'07 when they gained the flex fuel capability.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Discovered water in my trunk... by BigMerc96 @ Today at 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By JaxRhapsodyI remember reading a thread by somebody a while back saying that the drains from the car that exit the tail lights were blocked or something. The seal around the trunk is good, I have yet found any rust on the car. I p
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by BigMerc96 @ Today at 02:45 PM

Replaced the totally missing shift tube bushings in the '98. I forgot (possibly on purpose) how much of a pain the lower shift tube bushing is to get too. Dropped the column, with the wheel on my lap I had barely enough room to get a T-30 bit in ther
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Difference in electrical charging by ford05 @ Today at 02:32 PM

So your saying thay regardless of a 200 amp police alternator or a 135 amp lx sport alternator, its still suppose to charge over 14v? Because i have a p71 200 amp alternator off a 2009 p71 and mine is always charging at 13 volts. Which makes me belie
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 CVPI Inspection by Chaplian @ Today at 02:14 PM

Thanks! Yeah, that doesn't seem like a terrible plan. Are the bushing perhaps very cracked or worn looking? I have 220k miles on my original sway bar bushings on the HPP and they don't clunk at all. They do look a bit worn, so they will probably re
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Trunk Release and Door Locks by bobb @ Today at 01:47 PM

I would start by checking fuses related to that circuit.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Drastic mpg reduction by JaxRhapsody @ Today at 01:43 PM

Not too mention if they're clogged/falling apart, they'll start becoming more of a restriction.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Need part number or name of hose by CJK09 @ Today at 10:52 AM

I was looking for the same hose for my '08. The part number that is on the hose has been superseded. The new part number is 8W7Z-9D289-A. I emailed a couple of people that sell oem parts on Amazon, and thats what they both came up with when i provide
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Question about replacing cruise switch by BlackVic_P71 @ Today at 10:29 AM

Originally Posted By 94aeroOkay, so after several unsuccessful attempts to get the air bag off, it finally clicked just right. The first time is always a pain in the ass, it gets easier once you figure out the "tricks"
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2002 Crown Vic Rear end upgrade question by BlackVic_P71 @ Today at 10:25 AM

Originally Posted By LEEtheVic2002 3:55 rear end with Ford Trac-Loc posi, sway bar, duel exhaust and balanced aluminum drive shaft !!!! YAAAAAYYYY !!!! Nice score on the rear, the driveshaft is not a direct swap, there are a few write-ups around h
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Abnormally high fuel trim readings on bank 2 by 1 Adam 12 @ Today at 09:44 AM

When you get an answer from Marty let me know I'm curious. But on my 07 under all apps I've used, from IDS to Torque to Dash command with Ford pids, I've always been able to access LTFT.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Chrome trim by BigMerc96 @ Today at 09:19 AM

Originally Posted By Bellwestern80Looks good to me! Whatever factory coating was used on the original stuff was apparently never supposed to be exposed to the sun. I've seen way too many newer Grand Marquises with trim considerably worse off than t
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: havining problems with with damm tail lights by BigMerc96 @ Today at 09:12 AM

You check the fuse that says its for the parking lights. Or any fuse that lists the LCM. Or any fuse that lists lighting. Its not rocket science. Hell, you could have checked every single fuse in the car by now.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: POTM May 2017 - voting by USN20 @ Today at 09:04 AM

Voted
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: CA Smog legal mods? by Rainyp71 @ Today at 08:54 AM

Originally Posted By JDA_09VicOriginally Posted By Rainyp71Originally Posted By Black_SunshineOriginally Posted By filthyboatguyAbsolutely zero reason to rebuild the trans just because it's out. lol, I second this message. It's up to him. No clue
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Throttle Body Upgrade, under $40! by Rich_Long @ Today at 08:46 AM

Ok, this actually works. I kept the spacer and left the air "straighteners" on. Much better throttle response. $40.00 and 20 minutes well spent. Thanks to the first guy to figure this out!
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: AC Compressor Issue by MyP71Vic @ Today at 07:45 AM

The clutch can be spun by hand but the pulley doesn't move.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Odometer Tricks by Ponyguy @ Today at 05:51 AM

Ain't much, but:
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2009 Trans - Rebuild or Replace? by dmonty74 @ Today at 02:24 AM

Has it had a fluid/filter service? If not, try that. Here's why I suggest it. February 1st, I bought my 06 with 123K on it. Drove it a month, and it started getting a weird RPM flare on 1-2 and 3-4 upshift. Was also whining like a PS pump whine. I ig
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Continuously Flashing Airbag Light. by dmonty74 @ Today at 01:44 AM

So I did some experimentation with my CVPI. I obtained a side bag resistor from an 05. When I plug it in to the driver side harness, I get a light flash code of 9-10. When I plug the resistor into the passenger seat, the lfc code 99 comes back. If th
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Google!
Who's Online
6 registered (ichabod, GMT400, bobb, reminc70, Bellwestern80, Bangster), 190 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ezbok58a 160
a_d_a_m 147
charlieD 147
BigMerc96 137
Ponyguy 119
dpk 119
White99MGM 100
reminc70 80
SocalSam 71
Chaplian 65
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!