Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Click here for ADTR! Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 08 CVPI Rear Axle Tear Down by EZlivin11 @ 6 minutes 47 seconds ago

I have been driving around town for two days now, and no noise out of the rear axle. I'm going to say the rear axle is a success, so I'll update again when I change the gear lube in what around five hundred miles.. So until then No News Is good News,
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: added dual exhaust and lost MPG?? by SocalSam @ 10 minutes 59 seconds ago

Think of the NPI intake and exhaust as sort of a restricter plate. By removing them, you get better throttle response which I am willing to bet you are enjoying...at the cost of a few MPG.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Weird to me radio install by buckiniowa @ 25 minutes 28 seconds ago

Yeah, but I can't figure out where I went wrong. i have the same pinout diagram. I'm gonna just wire the power leads to the fusebox tonite and see what happens. I suspect that will take care of it. i'd sure like to figure this out someday though. Tha
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: How to Change your EATC O-Rings by whywhyzed @ 29 minutes 11 seconds ago

cool thanks. I put them in right, but it appears I knicked one of the solenoid armatures with the pliers and it reads infinite ohms now so I wrecked it Can these coils be sourced alone? Plus I heard hissing in there still too before I pulled the E
Caring for Your Car
Jump to new posts Re: Tool brands. by bembry @ Today at 06:30 AM

As said above, Craftsman is Chinese now. No loss to me now if they go away.
4.6L Based Powertrains
No, an intense vibration wouldn't be normal in any car. Misses can cause an engine to run likes it's possessed. Vac leaks too. You could check your manifold vacuum with a gauge. Anything vac leak, including intake, would show up. Is the roughness de
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: POTM August 2016 - submissions by 2000-CVPI @ Today at 01:44 AM

2004 Crown Victoria Sport, 109,000 miles, 2nd owner, daily driver/winter beater. Mods are: woodgrain steering wheel, chrome MGM interior door handles, 2003 engine dress cover, bumper tuck, rear headrests out of a 2006ish Ford Taurus/Freestyle and th
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: Another Suspension Part Screw Up by EZlivin11 @ Today at 12:56 AM

I've been putting around town, and She is driving nice, except for the alignment. I worked on the wiper tray,sprayed the kick panels under the doors with bed liner, and cleaned her up a bit. I have stuff to do in Santa Barbara tomorrow, so I wont be
Jump to new posts Re: F-150 Springs by EZlivin11 @ Today at 12:44 AM

I will be sure to take measurements from the fender to the axle on all four corners before and after the new springs installation in a few weeks. I was told 4-6 weeks lead time and its been just over 2 (16 days).
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: The End is Near by Alex07 @ Today at 12:32 AM

I was behind someone who was going 45 in a 60 on a pretty populated road. As I passed him I could see the Pokemon Go screen on his phone, crammed in his face.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Full Fluid Flush by EZlivin11 @ Today at 12:29 AM

The magnet is in the New pan and no there was not a plug in the pan. My guess is it had been changed, but not often. All the fluids were black and needed changing. I was out putting around chalking up miles today, and the trans seems to be shifting f
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Pursuit Driving on Training Field by watkd @ Yesterday at 11:43 PM

Originally Posted By Moby_VicOr you can just get his general high-performance driving book if you aren't going to be pursuing people: https://www.amazon.com/Bob-Bondurant-High-Performance-Driving/dp/0760306036/ I'm not even a performance driver. M
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: 2006 Mercury Grand Marquist. by ford05 @ Yesterday at 11:40 PM

Show me pics of the false floor and where are the 2x4s?
Jump to new posts Re: cant find a watts link by PALEO @ Yesterday at 11:38 PM

Amazon says that the watts link attatches to the track bar.What that photo is, is the track bar from amazon. The watts link picture ans part is totally. 2000 cvpi. I need to get my car up on a lift and stand under it for a week
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Odometer now reading in Km by Tenevic_P71 @ Yesterday at 11:29 PM

Hold the button down while it's displaying miles/km and it'll switch back to miles after a few seconds. 2007CrownVic beat me.
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: The Shark Plenum Mod by Fordguy78 @ Yesterday at 11:19 PM

So what is being said is that this elbow (plenum ) makes horse power?
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: New to this site. by toadp71 @ Yesterday at 11:12 PM

Welcome from Tennessee.
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Is it worth it for a 5.4? by Fordguy78 @ Yesterday at 11:04 PM

Well looks like I may have to fix a bronco. I need a torch now.
Jump to new posts Re: 07 supension on a 96 merc? by Vickey2000 @ Yesterday at 10:36 PM

Figured as much. The car took most of the grunt on the outside edge of the car. Looks like just driver lights, fender, header panel, and a small corner of the hood. I'm getting the car to my house in a few days then I will look it over. That doesn't
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Rear end leak by Chevyguy @ Yesterday at 10:17 PM

That swaybar looks funny, plus the sticker looks like a replacement part Here is a good shot of my 21mm bar in my old 2001
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Town car bumper chrome removal by JSO2003P71 @ Yesterday at 10:07 PM

Does anyone know how to remove the chrome moldings from the rear bumper of a 2001 town car? I am working on one and going to the junk yard tomorrow to remove the right rear bumper molding. I tried to get one off the other day,but it was 100 degrees o
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by road_pizza @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By a_d_a_mOriginally Posted By road_pizzaEd Pike... haven't heard that name in a long time ! What about Ed Mullinax? Hal Artz, Town & Country, Crossroads... all long gone Cleveland area Lincoln/Mercury dealers.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Picture Challenge Thread, V.II by BlackVic_P71 @ Yesterday at 08:02 PM

Is that still the current challenge?
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: P061B code after car wash and sometimes during rai by nickwithcrownvic @ Yesterday at 07:30 PM

I have this same exact problem on my 2009 CV. It always happens when it has rained really hard or the humidity is extremely high in the mornings. I thought I was the only one who ever had this problem. Mine throws all kinds of codes such as P2198, P0
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: 2008cvpi A/C ng ? Related to auction prep?. by Bangster @ Yesterday at 06:02 PM

Actually a combination of both, sometimes the small one is okay, but good to link to the larger one. On the images page in Photobucket, on the right, in the share section, click on IMG and it copies that to the clipboard. Paste that (I replaced th
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Google!
Who's Online
3 registered (EZlivin11, MrBlack, SocalSam), 45 Guests and 76 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
BigMerc96 187
a_d_a_m 156
charlieD 136
Ponyguy 117
124neta 108
EZlivin11 95
Blakat 94
Moby_Vic 91
2000-CVPI 85
RF_Overlord 85
Member Spotlight
BMo
BMo

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!