Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Click here for ADTR! Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Coolant flush and tranny fluid change by Bangster @ 11 minutes 40 seconds ago

You will end up wearing transmission fluid, soaking your hair in it. Draining the coolant is also an unexact action, coolant kinda goes everywhere, will follow the radiator hose and along other things. I have a tin fluid catcher that I keep under my
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Intake Manifold Replacement by IPreferDIY @ 20 minutes 22 seconds ago

There's a PI vs. non-PI issue here that does NOT relate to police interceptors. Starting in 2001, Ford changed some things to make the engine a PI engine, which stands for either "performance improved" or "power improved". You c
Finds - eBay, CL, Wherever
Jump to new posts Re: '04 Sport for $2900. Hmm by 46time @ 21 minutes 50 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Ezbok58aThat steering wheel is ick...like seriously was this owners hands just sandpaper? Wow that's torn up. Yeah, I have no idea why it's so messed up. The car looks too clean for it to be like that. Not a bad deal for the
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: New guy in Arkansas by jbaker @ 30 minutes 28 seconds ago

welcome, and pics or it didn't happen,,lol
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Thinking seriously about this... by GrumpMarky @ 36 minutes 34 seconds ago

Good job ferreting out a couple of stealth LSEs! The only thing I would say, based on my own experience of buying a car from a distance on ebay is to test drive it if you're seriously interested. Otherwise, expect some nasty surprises, guarantee
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: 2003 Crown Vic Ball Joint Replacement. by IPreferDIY @ 42 minutes 17 seconds ago

Ford would prefer you to replace the whole arm, one reason being that if the ball joint is bad, the bushings are probably bad too. I don't have any experience with 03+, but I know you can do just the ball joint, and I would presume you can do just t
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: odometer light by ZZZ @ 58 minutes 39 seconds ago

What is LCM?
Scale Model/Die Cast Cars
Jump to new posts Re: Family truckster by webestang @ Today at 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By Ezbok58aYou didn't get the one with Honky Lips on the side? Or is that version not out yet? I should, I live in St. Louis.....LOL
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: A/C Compressor robbing HP? by Ponyguy @ Today at 07:26 PM

Yes, the AC compressor definitely adds a significant load to the engine. I can't say exactly how much horsepower it takes, perhaps in the neighborhood of about 10 horsepower, but it's certainly a consideration.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by Bellwestern80 @ Today at 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By BigMerc96Originally Posted By Bellwestern80Tore apart the backseat to swap in the subwoofer. I really should have checked the integrity of the subwoofer itself, despite being a NOS part, foam doesn't last forever. It worked prope
I found a way where I can get this police brakes for my 2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor. I am wondering if these are any different/better or worse than what I can get at napa, Autozone or advance auto parts. I notice it also says police u
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Hood problem by FCP71 @ Today at 06:48 PM

Thanks for the reply, the left front panel is touching with the side of the hood I tried to loosen the hood to align it no luck,I will try the bracket thing to see if that works.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Door hinge? by BigMerc96 @ Today at 06:32 PM

The interior or exterior handle? If its the interior, then yes, there is a spring in the handle assembly that is supposed to pull the handle back, but they are prone to breaking. I opened the drivers door in my '96 one day and something stung my leg,
Jump to new posts Re: Bendix Police Pads and rotors? Also brake bias? by MasterofNone08 @ Today at 05:33 PM

I'm just wondering if raybestos made the professional grade and police grade rotors any different. Specs are exactly the same
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: '07 Vic w/5-speed swap by 2004_p71 @ Today at 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By a_d_a_mInput shaft makes a ton of noise. It was a stocker and has about 20-25k on it since the swap; time to rebuild. Pretty sure trans was alredy shot before going in, I never had to rebuilt one after a swap and god knows how
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Engine swap by gizmopup1 @ Today at 04:54 PM

Thanks, I'll update if I'm the winning bidder on the car
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Cooler O rings size? by MasterofNone08 @ Today at 04:36 PM

Yep. I guess I'll take a couple off and just try to match them up..
Jump to new posts Re: Cutting New Springs by White99MGM @ Today at 04:30 PM

I have shorter PI coils and PI spec KYB shocks on my '00. The ride isnt bad at all. I would even consider it still soft compared to a lot of the newer cars on the road.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts AC Leak by White99MGM @ Today at 04:24 PM

So I was installing new springs and shocks the other day and I mustave nudged the AC lines a bit too hard. The line that goes into the black plastic box on the firewall is leaking (you can see the green dye). It looks like its right at the point wher
Jump to new posts Re: The ULTIMATE Suspension Rebuild!! by Merc1973 @ Today at 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By crown_vic_driverOriginally Posted By Fordiesel69Rear Upper Arm x2 - Dorman 522282 Rear Lower Arm x2 - Dorman 522067 Watts Linkage - Dorman 905306 Send this stuff back. Nothing dorman goes on my keeper cars. What brand do yo
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Just changed plugs. Idle still up and down?? by 98BoatCaptain @ Today at 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By ChaplianIs this at startup or consistent? If not, your IAC probably needs to be cleaned or replaced. Don't use a cheap aftermarket IAC. IIRC, you want Hitachi or Ford. This. I had gotten used to an idle that wandered all over t
Jump to new posts Re: 98-02 steering box rebuilding by BigNSlow @ Today at 03:42 PM

Give these guys a call. I've been very happy with their box when I had it. http://www.steeringgears.net/
Jump to new posts Re: Open Container of Brake Fluid OK? by 98BoatCaptain @ Today at 03:38 PM

I have a bottle of Prestone DOT3 which is maybe 1/4 full, that I originally opened three weeks ago. I won't be using it. Arguably, it's still "fine," but I bought a new bottle to do some more brake work this weekend. At maybe $6.49 a qua
Jump to new posts Brake light switch by CBJMAN @ Today at 03:21 PM

Just wondering if anybody might have an illustration of the correct placement of the brake light switch in a 96 CVLX? Having trouble getting my new one back on and sure could use a pic or two to help! Thanks!
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: How did my car magically gain 400 miles? by Nick23 @ Today at 03:14 PM

That's Phoenix for ya...50 miles is just going down the street to check the mailbox.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Google!
Who's Online
11 registered (bullitt4514, BlackVic_P71, Dai101, 09mnsp, 46time, Bangster, 1 invisible), 67 Guests and 40 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
a_d_a_m 298
BigMerc96 239
s33k3r 195
Chaplian 166
Moby_Vic 152
Blakat 130
98BoatCaptain 120
garndreadz 119
BigNSlow 117
Black_Sunshine 116
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!