Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | links | news | email login | chat Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Think you need special camshaft holding tools,, by 69Z28SS396 @ Today at 02:29 AM

For a timing chain swap? I didn't, and here's what I did. My 2001 CV blew the intake crossover so naturally with it having 155 on it, I knew the timing chains were just a matter of changing them over. Having worked on numerous vehicles over the 17
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Ebola in the Big Apple by Ezbok58a @ Today at 01:07 AM

Originally Posted By: PiranahI would say stop rolling in [censored], blood and vomit, but its pretty impossible to do in NY. Spoken by someone who's never been to NY...
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Concrete question... Pics.. by The_Punisher @ Today at 12:06 AM

Looks like 6in x 6in, using the 2x4 on the left as reference.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: BEST PLUGS by TheJudge @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: FreddyOriginally Posted By: PiranahMotorcraft Platinum. Its what came from the factory. I have heard bad things about Bosch in these cars. What type of things? I had o
Tires and Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Blizzaks/Winter by HeavyMetalMerc @ Yesterday at 11:39 PM

AHHH Love me my Winterforce tires and winter steel wheels have never failed me in NW Slop and snow. and have lasted a good while now. come to think its fair about time to swap and put my summer FR500 and Nittos away for winter. will not be disapo
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by dirtypoptart @ Yesterday at 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Black_SunshineOriginally Posted By: dirtypoptartGot it back from the paint shop & ran some errands Edit: I also found out this was a D.A.R.E. car back in it's hayday #62 Nice. Is it DX? Thanks, I'm sorry Idk what DX
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Cars Thru A Child's Eyes by DES @ Yesterday at 11:04 PM

The family cars when I was born were the 1985 buick Lesabre coupe, dark red, collectors edition, and one of the plushest interiors. my favorite car when I was a kid and made me want to always have a rwd v8 car. Sold when I was 14-15 and wanted to sav
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: Navigator air springs? by cgh0187 @ Yesterday at 10:54 PM

Just out of curiosity, what did you guys do for front springs?
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Replacement headlights - too many choices by Rodman @ Yesterday at 10:46 PM

Have you considered taking a peek at RockAuto.com? Might be worth a look just for a bit more price-comparison stats...
Tires and Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: New Soft 8s!!!!!! by MikeVinar @ Yesterday at 10:36 PM

Front wheels are 4.5 inch of backspacing, rears are 5 inch. I have actually had the rears on the front before. Everything fits just fine, probably a little rubbing at full lock.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: 2006 PI Dash Cluster in a 2008 PI by Tallen @ Yesterday at 10:28 PM

No, Neither car had Fire Suppression. It was just the oddity of having the light come on when neither car has had or had fire suppression, so I assumed it was just a difference in years and how each year sends info to the clusters.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Decided to do a rear bumper too... by yeahinc @ Yesterday at 10:12 PM

Yes, it sort of has one already, the picture sucks. It has quad double walled tips going with it too.
Tires and Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Identifying an -OEM- LX Sport Wheel by Peachpicker @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

Congrats on the wheels. Glad the info helped you out. You definitely got a good price!
Jump to new posts Re: Months later still bad handling. by AlexPanther @ Yesterday at 09:42 PM

Alright, thanks for the tip. I also use rockauto in some cases but sometimes I like opinions before I buy anything from there for parts in areas I am not well-versed in. I think I can't rely on or trust local mechanics any more. I have dumped enough
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Car is breaking up at all rpm by yeahinc @ Yesterday at 09:40 PM

We had a bad coolant temp sensor once, it did this. Took us 2 weeks to figure it out. Damn sensor. It's behind to the bottom of the alternator in the engine block under the intake manifold.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: timing chain guides and tensioners by fordoldfart @ Yesterday at 09:36 PM

Thanks that is what I needed
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right NOW!? by Benno @ Yesterday at 09:35 PM

Sometimes, it simply is.
Jump to new posts Re: I NEED more camber.... by kurt @ Yesterday at 09:30 PM

Are you the one doing circle track stuff with their vic
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Building a 5.0 Coyote Nightstalker.... by yeahinc @ Yesterday at 09:20 PM

There will be some tuning, the intake will not stay stock. Custom headers are probably a necessity. We are on a back order list. The first engine arrived but the driver DROPPED it off the truck, it slipped off the pallet jack. We told him to WAIT
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Crown Victoria and Taurus Test Drives by Ezbok58a @ Yesterday at 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: watkdHonestly, no I did not know that this video was posted 10 times. I guess I am the 11th poster. If I knew the video was posted that many times, I would not have taken the time to share it. Search button, it exists for th
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Serpentine belt still slipping when wet by fltacoma @ Yesterday at 08:44 PM

It could be a bad grounding point on the car?
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Traction Control by MJE426 @ Yesterday at 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: jmlockOriginally Posted By: Ezbok58aRSA's and LS's weren't known for their longevity. Agreed. I believe they were known for sucking monkey balls. Do you have pictures of RSA's sucking monkey balls? No pictures it didn't happ
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Good Use for Gas Cap Lid Rubber Bumper Things by dubch87 @ Yesterday at 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Bellwestern80Whirlpool, right? We had one that a similar lid, just not the same graphic. Ours was from around 1993. Yep, Whirlpool. Originally Posted By: BangsterI wish I could find the correct ones for my 00 Grand Marquis!
Jump to new posts Re: What are the best front springs for '99 LX? by dubch87 @ Yesterday at 08:08 PM

Eaton "stock" ride height P71 front springs: Coil Spring Specialties "stock" ride height P71 front springs: I guess OEM Ford springs would be somewhere in between, maybe around stock ride height? Ford PBA Code Spr
Jump to new posts Re: Brake Light Comes on Intermittently by BigMerc96 @ Yesterday at 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Former85OwnerHoly cow, those nearly 20yo brake lines look new. I've never seen uncoated brake lines look like that except on store rack. How about his steering shaft and control arm? Its weird not seeing those all red and flaky.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Who's in Chat??
Google!
Who's Online
2 registered (DavorocckL67, Joerg68), 25 Guests and 143 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
road_pizza 305
a_d_a_m 287
Moby_Vic 199
BigMerc96 197
Chicago2VP71 171
Ezbok58a 166
aknox077 158
BigNSlow 129
optik 119
Chaplian 118
Featured Member

Copyright 2000-2013 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!