Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | links | news | email login | chat Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: 1998 Lincoln TC console by cruz07 @ 2 minutes 50 seconds ago

Thanks 09mnsp and Miami. I redid it a few months after I got my Vic. I had to cut the frame of the console to fit in. Its not bolted down but by the weight of it holds it down snug between the seats.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Crank Shaft Position Sensor Symptoms? by Packman @ 11 minutes 12 seconds ago

Thanks for the prompt reply Bangster It's a 1991 4.0L OHV. This is my daily driver and when the 4.0L dies, I will swap in the 5.0L from the CV (with a little work). I think I will go ahead and at least replace the wires. I may even go and repla
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Coyote swap by fomofo @ 44 minutes 52 seconds ago

I'm guessing you're referring to the t56. Though I doubt many would agree the 3650 you have would be the way I'd go. "But it's only rated for 360ft/lbs !!". Yes but they've been used behind many 400+ engines successfully - Roush 428R for ex
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Ran out of fuel; 14.5 gallons to fill? by brianalex @ 49 minutes 52 seconds ago

The pumps here in Calif. get regular checks by Weights and Measures and receive a sticker showing the inspection date. Also it was at a Costco so I am pretty sure it was OK. Still more than 1/2 tank left so I will update this when it either runs out
Caring for Your Car
Jump to new posts Re: Non-notice Recall for steering shaft 13R01 by Chicago2VP71 @ 55 minutes 21 seconds ago

Bueller?
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: My 2008 Smokestone P71 by Chicago2VP71 @ 59 minutes 28 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 2007CrownVicOriginally Posted By: Chicago2VP71Originally Posted By: BennoI just thought it was interesting because I've only ever seen them spec'ed out to just North of utilitarian. Carpets and Soviet bread was about it. The S
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Throttle Body Upgrade, under $40! by PoliceInterceptr @ Today at 10:09 AM

I did the $40 TB along with the '99 PCM and MAF swap (cleaned both the TB and MAF well before installing). I also did a DIY ram air intake from the bumper to the airbox. And I tightened the slack on the throttle cable. After all was done, I did notic
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by road_pizza @ Today at 10:01 AM

Originally Posted By: ChaplianOriginally Posted By: Chicago2VP71Oiled my hood latch/springs and adjusted the hood stops to eliminate a faint squeak over bumps. Why not grab aero hood stops that go into the sides and also help reduce squeaks? Hmmm
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Chevy Suburban Turns 80 by road_pizza @ Today at 09:53 AM

Not a big Chevy guy but I've always been a fan of the '73-'87 models, especially the 4X4's.
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: Moving the alternator by Packman @ Today at 09:36 AM

If you have the 3G done, there should be no problem adding some length to the regulator plug. The 3G opens up accessory options. Packman
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: pop goes the spark plug by PoliceInterceptr @ Today at 08:36 AM

I don't recall what I torqued them to (think it was 13), but I did check the forum and use a torque wrench went I put in my Autolite Coppers about 50k miles ago. Still no issues to date. Probably about time for some new ones.
Lizard Lounge
First of all, your signature made me chuckle adjwtfbbq. Second, I do love the 454SS trucks! I have a soft spot for all the cool vehicles I remember from my childhood. It's why I keep buying the cars I do. "I've always wanted one".
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Mod box build thread by WSTRLNG @ Today at 07:04 AM

IMO, this is what the Marauder should have looked like anyways so "Up yours, haters".
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: Chestnut Whale by coqui5 @ Today at 03:42 AM

Nice Vic!!!!
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Getting another tomorrow by Loafy @ Today at 02:02 AM

Oh cool I'll try and get a part number off the coils to see where they came from...they still have a sticker on them
Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: 11.25 2400 stall vs. 9.5 3400 stall by 09mnsp @ Today at 01:40 AM

Originally Posted By: KayTarSweet, when is this being installed? LOL, it's been in the car since mid July. I took this pick right after I got the transmission out.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Ticket/Dome Light Install Problem by Chicago2VP71 @ Yesterday at 09:19 PM

Nice! Now ditch the factory bulb and get yourself an LED. This is the one I went with and WOW it emits an extremely bright WHITE light. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EKKJCM8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Finds - eBay, CL, Wherever
Jump to new posts Re: Not mine- 220 Amp CV & Tahoe Alternators for sale by a_d_a_m @ Yesterday at 09:04 PM

I love the '67 Galaxie, but that thing needs work all over and $2900 just seems a little steep.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: 2006+ Dim Dash? by GriffCVPI @ Yesterday at 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Chicago2VP71Was that the one you drove in 2nd gear for miles and miles on the highway at 80MPH? Yea I told the guy it was garaged all its life and that only my grandmother drove it to drive to church on sundays.
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Detroit Locker by PHoganDive @ Yesterday at 08:02 PM

If you're running an automatic transmission, the the 28 spline axles should be fine. The torque converter acts as a 'cushion', so you don't get the kind of high shock torque loads you do with a standard transmission and drop the clutch at high rpms.
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: The Pig has Landed by Confused89 @ Yesterday at 07:47 PM

Kind of wish I had the 89 still. All it takes is $$$$.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: A/C help in Atlanta by PHoganDive @ Yesterday at 07:45 PM

You could do like I did, and invest in a set of your own tools for the same price. Then you'd be set for any future work as well. This is what I got, works very well, and seems to be very decent quality. http://www.amazon.com/FJC-KIT6-Vacuum-Pump-G
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Inside an MMC Driveshaft? Look Here by Chicago2VP71 @ Yesterday at 07:24 PM

Nice work!
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: Replacement pads - what to tell mech to get by Chicago2VP71 @ Yesterday at 06:33 PM

I always stick with Motorcraft HD-Police Rotors/Pads.
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: How to Remove Lower Ball Joint Nut? by chipdog4 @ Yesterday at 06:32 PM

Can you get us a picture of how you have the tool setup? If it's that tight, you're probably bottomed out with how the press is setup.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Who's in Chat??
Google!
Who's Online
18 registered (Accumulator, ajdereicup, Bangster, 5 invisible), 62 Guests and 66 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
Chicago2VP71 399
Ezbok58a 180
BigMerc96 152
KayTar 142
BlackVic_P71 134
121ak 111
road_pizza 104
a_d_a_m 103
aknox077 101
BigNSlow 100
Featured Member

Copyright 2000-2013 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!