Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | links | news | email login | chat Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: Proud new owner of a CVPI! by cruz07 @ 17 minutes 21 seconds ago

Your car is really coming along. Not saying there was anything wrong from the first post. The mods you have done are awesome. Your Vic looks BRAND NEW like it just rolled off the dealership lot.
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: Adding Traction Control to 07 CVPI by PHoganDive @ 42 minutes 39 seconds ago

The traction control on drive-by-wire cars (2005+) is different from earlier years. The earlier cars used an 'apply the brakes' method to control wheel spin, the drive-by-wire cars back off the throttle to control wheel spin.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Overhead Consolation by Benno @ 44 minutes 16 seconds ago

I've come across yours when I was considering a console in my Lincoln. That is really sharp! With the gauges that far back, do have to strain at all to view them? Hard to tell in your POV shot.
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: Aw Jeeze, Got a '96 by Chaplian @ Today at 08:41 PM

Are you gonna get the car undercoated for winter?
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2005 P71 - Forced lube mod installed by PHoganDive @ Today at 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: filthyboatguyHaven't seen a forced lube mod done in a while. Is it really necessary? I see about 2750 max rpm with the 4.10s, no issues so far. Engine is doing 2750 RPM...gear ratio for O/D is .7:1 so with converter locked u
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by Zorg @ Today at 07:53 PM

Got one of these.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 02 CV---Converter shudder??? by Bryan59EC @ Today at 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Rootintootine. I'm guessing there are different degrees of shudder. From my experience, I don't see how it can be mistaken for a misfire. The car wasn't running rough and it wasn't violent. It was more like it was switched on
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: POTM - December 2014 - voting by Anthony84 @ Today at 07:43 PM

Voted.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Throttle body removal by BlaineB @ Today at 07:28 PM

2005 will definitely have the solid plastic gasket with the rubber o-ring that is molded to the plastic. I use one of those gaskets on my car, and I cut out the "comb" part so that it is entire round. I believe the comb helps to lessen th
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: anoying hood flex by stepside @ Today at 07:24 PM

i have the hood stops tight to the hood. i guess if they stay closed on a p71 than there should be no issue with a p73.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Ordering an Exploriceptor? by Ezbok58a @ Today at 07:21 PM

My fingers can't type on this phone...even I was wondering how the hell it did that
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: I bought a PLATYPUS! by 124neta @ Today at 07:21 PM

Hahahaha, Benno would [censored] bricks at miles per vehicle here on the reservation. At the moment, my bucket shares quarters with 04 silverado... under 1500 miles. My parts bucket might move in with a 01 with under 7000.
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Is my 08 intake manifold a ford? by BillyRay @ Today at 07:18 PM

I don't see a problem with the head swap. If the engine has good compression and good oil pressure I don't see much of a difference between 300k miles and 100k miles. All engines will fail eventually, but if there is no sign of impending failure I
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: LED headlight mod by cruz07 @ Today at 06:50 PM

That's why I said this would be just for looks, something to mess around with. I dont plan to drive with them on a daily basis. I plan on replacing my headlights either way since they have a lot of hazing and doing the headlight relay upgrade as well
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: let the 5.4 breathe by kurt @ Today at 05:45 PM

That is a nice set up. Wonder what flows better. That or just two quiet mufflers.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Does any one know which size block heater fits the 4.6? What is the diameter of the plug? I see various sizes listed as "compatible" but that must be incorrect.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Tracking Down Annoying Dash Rattle by dubch87 @ Today at 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: BigNSlowKinda hard to tell with the wind noise. Try taping up all the seams and seals on the outside and see if it goes away. Could be something on the outside rattling with wind. I agree, I think it's wind-related. The rattle
Tires and Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Did I end up getting recalled rims? by BlackVic_P71 @ Today at 04:15 PM

They can't legally sell you the actual recall wheels, not all of the 7 hole wheels had the leak that caused the recall. You can try but they may not even have the replacement ones if they gave you those.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Box interior parts, seats by Bellwestern80 @ Today at 04:06 PM

Local, custom fabricators might be your best bet. You can also try a nearby salvage yard if you have one. Sometimes you can find a car with a decent interior that might only need some minor cleaning.
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: POTM - December 2014 Nominees (do not reply) by BigMerc96 @ Today at 04:06 PM

Voting is now open here. Votes will be accepted until this time on the 30th. Good luck everyone!
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: 6.2 Crown Victoria... from Russia? by KayTar @ Today at 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: road_pizzaOriginally Posted By: ChevyguyWrong type of 6.2.... Clickbait thread Yep.
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: Chestnut Whale by Georges86 @ Today at 01:11 PM

HAHA! Thanks for the illustration, makes sense now!
Tires and Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: 1999 steel wheels on 2004 mgm by BlaineB @ Today at 12:32 PM

I've seen more than a couple people running older wheels on the newer cars. It looks a bit goofy but some people use spacers to achieve the same look anyway.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Filling rear axle on 07 by BlaineB @ Today at 11:56 AM

It's about 2-1/2 quarts until oil starts seeping out of the fill plug. I just fill it up like that. Some of the oil will flow out into the axle tubes through the passageways beside the bearing caps in the differential housing.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Re-use separator plate gasket? by BlaineB @ Today at 11:47 AM

It was a great decision on my part to re-install the springs. I don't think that there is any benefit to leaving them out at all in terms of the quickness of the shift speed. Leaving them out just makes it harsher and more jerky. I'm not sure if t
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Who's in Chat??
Google!
Who's Online
13 registered (Benno, Aeroscope, Black_Chrome, Black_Sunshine, 3 invisible), 74 Guests and 57 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ezbok58a 150
BigMerc96 149
road_pizza 140
BlackVic_P71 118
ponyguy 117
a_d_a_m 108
aknox077 90
73vwTodd 86
124neta 85
KayTar 83
Featured Member

Copyright 2000-2013 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!