Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | links | news | email login | chat Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Oil leaks around filter area by PB92 @ 27 minutes 26 seconds ago

Just an FYI: My new Ford crate engine put in by Ford on 02/06/2015, developed an oil leak in the oil cooler adapter area. I changed oil twice, cleaned the area perfectly, and it still leaked. Could not find it. Back to Ford, they put a phosphorous a
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: New guy here from SoCal by calcvpi05 @ 36 minutes 24 seconds ago

very nice! another socal dt welcome aboard
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Bad misfire, no codes, help? by 88grandmarq @ 38 minutes 36 seconds ago

have all the emissions monitors set? if code p1000 is set and and all the emissions monitors are NOT set, the system will not set the check engine light. you need a scan tool and watch each cylinder for mis-fires.
Western Canada
Jump to new posts Re: Osoyoos, BC Meet Aug 29, 2015 by The_Punisher @ 43 minutes 59 seconds ago

Yeah, no kidding. Oh well. Small meets are sometimes better.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by BlackVic_P71 @ 45 minutes 38 seconds ago

Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: To our Southern neighbors by a_d_a_m @ Today at 06:46 PM

I had a Cessna fly over my house today. I rolled my eyes.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: The Slow, Smelly Unicorn by KayTar @ Today at 06:36 PM

Yikes. What trucks do you run? International, Peterbilt, Mack, Kenworth, Western Star?
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: Car feels like it's understeering by achinaghost52 @ Today at 05:03 PM

If it is understeering, then it will refuse to turn anymore, ie you will be unable to tighten the turn no matter how much more you crank the wheel. The Crown Vic probably has a "slower" steering rack, ie it means that to turn the wheels 5
Jump to new posts Re: P71 Oversteers from Bumps & Minor Wheel Adjustment by achinaghost52 @ Today at 04:58 PM

These are 4000+lb cars, taking out ~100lbs of stuff in the rear will not change ride height much. I have filled my trunk with 1000lbs of dirt and it barely compressed 2 inches. The problem is that the Crown Victoria has a live rear axle, and the rea
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: let the 5.4 breathe by Allaa_Hassan @ Today at 04:45 PM

after I done some research 4.6L SOHC crank snout diameter is 1.250" and crankshaft sockets for SBC (1.255") will fit (like the one you listed above) I'll go with CompCams 4793 or Moroso 61755 so thanks Pier, really appreciated
4.6L Based Powertrains
Okay. Any idea where to find this retrofit kit? And is it just the plugs that are different, or are the actual pin's swapped when going to the ecu? I've got an 03 harness that will be going on an engine for an 04 car, can I expect to just change some
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: 18 months in the making: 4V M122 conversion. by BigNSlow @ Today at 04:31 PM

Just curious if you ever did try to see if the stock hood will close with the blower in there?
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Almost Done... by 09mnsp @ Today at 03:58 PM

Yeah I hope you spoke with him directly.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Police cruiser on P72. Is it possible? by UAvic @ Today at 03:06 PM

Well, turned out it was a regular '95 and it had additional wiring for all police equipment done afterwards... Besides, in a pretty poor condition.
Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: Cleaned her up a little bit under the hood... by Bulldog5_oh @ Today at 02:01 PM

If my new setup ever makes it in..... lol My eddy intake, 6061 elbow, my TF cam covers, and my alt case will be powedercoated like polished aluminum......I'll paint the fins on the covers, as well as the edelbrock fuel rails the same blue as the moto
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: j-mod or b&m shift kit? by RandellP71 @ Today at 01:27 PM

Thanks for the info guys! I think I will just leave things be for now and later on down the line I will buy a stock valve body and J-mod it myself.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Odometer swap? by RandellP71 @ Today at 01:22 PM

Awesome bro, thanks for the info!
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Transmission shifting pattern? by 88grandmarq @ Today at 11:34 AM

Originally Posted By cmd_1992 How much will that cost? $150 or so in parts and 3-4 hrs of labor.
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: New member in PA with a fresh '05 Grand Marquis. by BigMerc96 @ Today at 10:52 AM

Nice looking car! FWIW, under your wheel covers is the same steelies found on '03-'05 CVPIs. If you were really inclined to go that way, all you'd need is the collared lug nuts (if those covers don't already use them) and the center caps. '05+ Mus
Jump to new posts Re: Stiff Steering AFTER replacing front end. by neoncrazy @ Today at 10:11 AM

Well, alignment did work for a day... Took it for an hour long drive to look at another car for the wife and the whole way there it was crazy stiff and the check engine came on for the very first time. I was hoping the check engine light had to do
4.6L Based Powertrains
That eliminates the obvious. Do you have access to an alternate pcm? Preferably somebody with a running car. Alex.
Tires and Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Donut spares by BigMerc96 @ Today at 09:19 AM

I suspect any Panther mini-spare would fit a '03+. The wheel is so narrow and its 16", I doubt it'd hit anything. Hell, I've used my '96 GMQ's mini-spare on my mom's Honda Accord (same bolt pattern and her spare is trashed). Granted the Honda's
Scale Model/Die Cast Cars
Jump to new posts Re: They came from a Land Down Under... by Troutman @ Today at 09:19 AM

Sorry I only just discovered this thread. Fantastic models! The VX SS is one of the most attractive Commodores of all time in my view. Before the Caprice I used to have a silver VT Calais (1999) - it was my first V8. Technically I was dumb to ever g
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: A/C issues by Jarlaxle @ Today at 09:11 AM

Does the fan stop, or is it running, but no airflow?
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Looking at getting a '95 Crown Vic by 95CrownVictoriaP74 @ Today at 07:58 AM

I had a 95 LX and loved it. Sure, it had a few problems but I fixed each one until I retired it at 262,399 miles. Best car I ever owned.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Google!
Who's Online
9 registered (jjavedas, 124neta, birdwah, Brian_31, DudeAbides, a_d_a_m), 75 Guests and 37 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
Moby_Vic 292
Wags4000 148
2000-CVPI 142
bigROC209 141
a_d_a_m 141
KayTar 136
Ponyguy 136
Ezbok58a 119
road_pizza 117
BigMerc96 116
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2013 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!