Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | links | news | email login | chat Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: + battery cable bad, repaired, not starting by 98streetcvpi @ 16 minutes 23 seconds ago

One thing I learned the hard way when it comes to our starters is that the last 6 inches or so of the positive starter wire is prone to issues. When you buy a new starter it will actually come with a lead that you can splice into your existing wire,
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Vinyl Wraps. by 98streetcvpi @ 29 minutes 16 seconds ago

I was actually thinking about this recently. The process of wrapping looks relatively simple, or at least a process that could be learned quickly with a little practice. The lines on a CV are nothing compared to some of the videos I've seen online
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by 2000-CVPI @ 34 minutes 39 seconds ago

Found a set of 2003 steelies on Craigslist with passable snow tires for the Sport for the winter. They should make it through the winter.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: sooo new minor issues lights/wipers by PHoganDive @ Today at 05:07 AM

I believe the blue plug is to be disconnected to turn dark car mode off, not connected. It may take a power reset to actually change the setting (disconnect battery for a few minutes).
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Intake Spacer for DBW Cars? by blastaudio69 @ Today at 05:03 AM

No but if it gave more throttle response I may have to try this on my 06
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: stuck in park by PHoganDive @ Today at 04:59 AM

If brake lights, etc. don't work, check for blown fuses.
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: 1992 Grand Marquis turbo build? Maybe by Brian_31 @ Today at 04:46 AM

Take a look at my build thread, if you cannot weld I would say that you're up sh*t creek with no paddle. Remote mount works but there's enough room for a single up front or twins like I'm working on using tubular manifolds facing forward. As for that
Body and Interior
good man, Ponyguy! pm replied....
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: Recent Cosmetic and Performance upgrades by toadp71 @ Today at 01:47 AM

sounds great!
4.6L Based Powertrains
You'll need something to hold the driveshaft. Whatever you have that's long and skinny but sturdy enough to stand the force. Then rotate the shaft until it wedges against the ground or the car so you'll have both hands free to use the wrench and hamm
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Has Blue Oval Chips Closed the doors? by DanMitchell13 @ Yesterday at 11:17 PM

Man this is getting intense. Cvn needs more vendors!
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Can you drive the car with no fuel filler neck? by fordoldfart @ Yesterday at 09:50 PM

Awful dangerous. Hit a salvage and get one. It will turn on an EVAP code. If nothing else stick the piece with the cap in the hole.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Engine Replacement by fordoldfart @ Yesterday at 09:44 PM

The timing chain guide(s) can break and cause a lot knocking. Not saying it isn't a bearing problem. I was able to see that problem with just the valve covers off
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Rocker Panel 08 cvpi by MM54 @ Yesterday at 09:16 PM

Cut out rust, weld in new metal. It's the only way to really get rid of the rust. Other options will slow it down quite a bit, but that's the right way to do it. If nothing else, in a few years you may catch up to mine, which does not have rockers b
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Aftermarket hood by gDMJoe @ Yesterday at 09:11 PM

Quote:Rich_Long - Joe, what epoxy / 'glue" did they end up using on the hood? In the thread you said they reworked it 4 times, I'd like to avoid that.... IIRC it was one of the 3M body panel bonding products, however, don't recall the particu
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Engine Oil Dipstick Tube by MM54 @ Yesterday at 07:59 PM

Picked up some SteelStick (didn't see any QuickSteel) today, and went looking and found a wooden rod (okay it's the handle off a foam brush) laying around that may work for me. Hopefully I'll get the chance sometime this week to clean it up and do th
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: O/D light flashing with no codes??? by six6six @ Yesterday at 07:41 PM

Yeah idk what they have, if theirs doesn't work im pretty sure my buddy has some crazy snap-on scanner
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: 1981 Mark VI by a_d_a_m @ Yesterday at 07:02 PM

Mod swap all the boxes!
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: My car by a_d_a_m @ Yesterday at 06:59 PM

Welcome back!
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Left Side speakers by AndyMir @ Yesterday at 06:57 PM

Does anyone know if I could have damaged wires by drilling through the roof? Are there wires in the roof?!
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: Heavy Duty AOD Build by 88grandmarq @ Yesterday at 05:46 PM

still waiting on the valve body from Dan at SilverFox. its supposed to ship today, but no updates yet. in the mean time.... the stock pan was pretty beat up, so I ordered a chrome pan with a drain plug from ebay.
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: She's Alive!!!!! High Compression N/A Motor by junior @ Yesterday at 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By 09mnspWell if you are around 12.5-13:1 at WOT you should be where you want to be N/A. Mine fluctuates at idle because of the valve overlap with the cam I'm using as far as I understand it any way. My wide band reads a steady 14.7
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: do 28 spline axle to 31 spline? by BlackVic_P71 @ Yesterday at 04:20 PM

Just find a trac-lok rear(complete) from a wrecked 2006+ cop car and bolt it right in, swap complete.
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: Trilogy Marauder #008 by PoliceInterceptr @ Yesterday at 03:38 PM

Man, that is one beautiful car. I would love to lift up the hood of my car and see a supercharger sitting underneath.
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: Finally got Windows Tinted, Truck Pics, too by BigJon @ Yesterday at 03:37 PM

Looks awesome! Clean up that rust before it gets out of control.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Google!
Who's Online
2 registered (KayTar, 98streetcvpi), 29 Guests and 83 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
toadp71 291
Moby_Vic 264
DussellRay 246
Ponyguy 170
road_pizza 153
BigMerc96 143
a_d_a_m 132
Ezbok58a 116
bigROC209 90
BigNSlow 86
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2013 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!