Id like to buy a P72 crown vic, its a Gulf spec car, and pretty much is a full optioned PI U.S spec car. Thats what I understand, but correct me if im wrong.

I've always had a special place in my heart for this car growing up in Saudi arabia, where the Panther platform is a world best seller. And when I moved to the U.S and driving a mustang while I was there; I realized that finding the worlds most intimidating car wasn't hard to decide. It was definitely the Crown Vic hands down lol. Nothing made my heart drop more than to see those headlights in my rear view mirror. Even if I wasn't doing anything wrong.

The project (idea):

Exterior:
The plan visually is to make it look like an undercover American police car, (tint, antenna's, steel wheels with the hubcaps, black grill, push bars, spotlight...etc) Just that alone I think will look pretty special in a city like Dubai lol.

Driveline:

This is where I wanted to have the discussion...

The goal is around 400+ to the wheels Police car sleeper

I wanted to do it in the cheapest way possible, because I really just want to have this for fun. obviously.

OPTION 1: I do already have a full 5.4 2v lightning engine + heaton that needs the heads rebuilt. This is just sitting at a workshop collecting dust since the new built long block went into my truck.

So would this engine bolt right in? I'm guessing it wont, and I plan to do alot of the work myself, so how deep of an extensive job is this? What will it involve?

Thoughts?

OPTION 2: There is also a low compression fully built Vortech supercharged 99 5 speed Mustang that is collecting dust here that I would like to turn back to stock to sell. This engine is a 2v also, and needs re-furbishing..

I know the engines are directly replaceable, minus the intake setup, which I can buy from a junk yard if I look hard enough. So this option would hit two birds with one stone so to speak.

Looking under the hood of the Panther, I dont see how I could fit a vortech in there even with moving the battery to the trunk and just re-arranging the reservoirs. leaving that engine N/A would barely make any power imo and really seems not worth it.

Thoughts?

I'm leaning towards option 1. just because Its a lightning powered crown vic, and I just looove the torque those engines provide.

I've been talking about this project for a while, and did see "quickcrownvic"'s car, and that is really what im looking to get to. But I would want to stay with an auto. tried emailing him to see how extensive the work was, but no reply.

to wrap up this post lol, I wanted to get knowledge from you guys to see what your thoughts were. Is it doeable on a budget or is this a just one of those dreams that are pointless?

Suggestions??