Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | links | news | email login | chat Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Topic Options
#14093 - 06/01/01 09:35 PM tune up on police interceptor
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hows it going I'm new to this board. I own a 1987 Grand National, but I'm buying a 1987 Crown vic/w police interceptor from my buddy whos a county cop. What's the first thing I should I do to to tune it up. Like what plugs and wires and other things do you guys recomend?

Thanks Chris

#14094 - 06/01/01 09:43 PM Re: tune up on police interceptor
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome aboard...First of all in tyhe Best interest of helping you...It would be advisable to state what Motor Your New found Dreamboat has?!!!..Is it a 302 or a 351W?...My best results have always been with the Stock OEM Motorcraft Spark Plugs...as far as the The Plug Wires Go..I have started with what came on the car when I bought it..Heaven only knows what they were???..The 1st day of ownership led me down a dark path with Accel Plug wires..This lasted about a month...2 Plug wires burned up and Shorted out...I then Spent the Extra money on Blue 9mm Ford MotorSport wires...I got lucky and got a set for $50...This is about half aof what the OEM Motorcraft Wires go for!!...Either way you can't go wrong...Welcome to the Board!!!!.....Allen

#14095 - 06/01/01 09:58 PM Re: tune up on police interceptor
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the welcome. the crown vic has the 302 in it.

#14096 - 06/01/01 11:47 PM Re: tune up on police interceptor
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome to CVN. I use Motorcraft in all Fords. Don't forget to change the wire strainer under the PCV valve,& the fuel filter. Ric

Moderator:  88grandmarq, MAFpilot 
Who's in Chat??
Google!
Who's Online
13 registered (D-Fenz, 09mnsp, bspurloc, BigMerc96, 3 invisible), 65 Guests and 110 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ezbok58a 239
124neta 231
a_d_a_m 198
KayTar 170
BigMerc96 162
BigNSlow 162
road_pizza 142
CNGInterceptor 111
aknox077 110
2004_p71 104
Featured Member

Copyright 2000-2013 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!