Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | links | news | email login | chat Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Topic Options
#1586900 - 10/17/08 09:55 PM Differences between Alpine Audiophile and Standard
Carter Offline

Loc: Michigan
I know that the Alpine Audiophile System comes with a sub, but are the other speakers (in the door, and in the rear deck) different too?
Mods- Marauder Cluster Swap w/ Autometer 9117 TA, Auto dimming Gentex Mirror, Overhead Console w/ Home link Compass, 6000K H.I.D. w/ Philips Ballasts, 06+ Audiophile CD6 Radio with XM Satillite Radio Direct Connect, Wood/Leather Steering Wheel with Redundant Controls, Boston 10" sub with Boston Component Speakers.
Coming Soon - EATC, Leather Interior with Heat, Marauder Wheels.

Links
#1586925 - 10/17/08 10:20 PM Re: Differences between Alpine Audiophile and Stan [Re: Carter]
dRock96Marquis Offline

Da Governator
Posting Addict

Loc: Maryland
The Alpine-audiophile system was never offered in the CV/GM, only the Town Car and a variation in the Marauder.

They still used only 4 speakers (front doors and parcel shelf), and the subwoofer which is essentially the same as the old JBL system subwoofer found in the equipped aero panthers. The speakers are better than the base system, but you're way better off with a quality aftermarket one.

RIP 2vmodular

#1587016 - 10/18/08 12:17 AM Re: Differences between Alpine Audiophile and Stan [Re: dRock96Marquis]
coldfusion11 Offline
n00b pwn
Over the Hill

Loc: Rochester Hills, MI
 Originally Posted By: dRock96Marquis
but you're way better off with a quality aftermarket one.

+1 for less money and easier installation you can insall an aftermarket system with 4 new speakers and subwoofer and amplifiers with a better sound.

Id do that instead of trying to retrofit a wire crazy OEM system.
Power/Suspension Mods: ADTR P&P upper plenum, dual exhaust and flowmaster original 40's/Marauder Tips turbo mufflers and dumps, FRPP 3.55 Tlock, Lonnie at BOC Tune, Marauder MAF and Box w/ '04 Zip tube, IAS rear shocks, HPP 21mm rear bar, ENS rear poly kit, ADDCO STOCK front sway bar, J-Mod by Rizzo...
Appearance/Sound Mods: Color match grill surround, Hella 500's behind grill, clear corners with corner light turn signal mod w/ 168 brighter bulbs, black grained mirror caps, Pioneer HU with two kicker L7 ported on a Hifonics HFI2000D at 2000w rms, BH1976's famous headlight wiring harness, LED reverse bulbs, 80w/100w headlight bulbs...

#1587272 - 10/18/08 11:38 AM Re: Differences between Alpine Audiophile and Stan [Re: coldfusion11]
TheDriver959 Offline
Climber

Loc: Oshawa, ON
If you DID want to install the Audiophile system, for OEM sake, the Town Car's system will NOT work. The head unit uses SCP Databus to determine dimming and lighting, and the subwoofer physically will NOT fit into position on the CV/GM package tray. You will need to find one from a Marauder. Or just locate the JBL sub from an Aero; it'll be about as difficult.
LX Sport Console & Floor Shifter, Gentex Electrochromic Mirror w/compass, Marauder Cluster, Speed Control w/leather wheel, LED turn signals, HID headlights (projectors coming), EATC (DIY, in progress), Marauder corners, Rewired DRL, Rewired turn signals, Maraudered headlights, Grille Mounted Driving Lights, Bullitt Wheels, Pirelli Tires and a Custom Ram Air System. More to come!

#1587349 - 10/18/08 02:44 PM Re: Differences between Alpine Audiophile and Stan [Re: TheDriver959]
Carter Offline

I got got a Audiophile Set from a marauder. That should go in nicely? The only reason is that I wanted the sub box, cause eventually I am going to get bostons to put in there.
Mods- Marauder Cluster Swap w/ Autometer 9117 TA, Auto dimming Gentex Mirror, Overhead Console w/ Home link Compass, 6000K H.I.D. w/ Philips Ballasts, 06+ Audiophile CD6 Radio with XM Satillite Radio Direct Connect, Wood/Leather Steering Wheel with Redundant Controls, Boston 10" sub with Boston Component Speakers.

#1587445 - 10/18/08 05:17 PM Re: Differences between Alpine Audiophile and Stan [Re: Carter]
TheDriver959 Offline
Climber

Loc: Oshawa, ON
Physically, it will all bolt right in. Wiring is the only big concern.
LX Sport Console & Floor Shifter, Gentex Electrochromic Mirror w/compass, Marauder Cluster, Speed Control w/leather wheel, LED turn signals, HID headlights (projectors coming), EATC (DIY, in progress), Marauder corners, Rewired DRL, Rewired turn signals, Maraudered headlights, Grille Mounted Driving Lights, Bullitt Wheels, Pirelli Tires and a Custom Ram Air System. More to come!

#1587676 - 10/18/08 10:58 PM Re: Differences between Alpine Audiophile and Stan [Re: TheDriver959]
Carter Offline

whats the difference in wiring? I have the sub prewired, thats it right?

#1587799 - 10/19/08 08:11 AM Re: Differences between Alpine Audiophile and Stan [Re: Carter]
dRock96Marquis Offline

Da Governator
Posting Addict

Originally Posted By: Carter
whats the difference in wiring? I have the sub prewired, thats it right?

You GS is probably not wired for the sub, but you can take a look.

It's the only un-used connector clipped to the middle back of the rear seat frame. It's 6 pin.

Also, since you have a base model you MAY have the standard 16pin radio connector. The MM, like all upper model 03+, use the new 24 pin connector
http://www.p71interceptor.com/radio/

You will also have AT LEAST 2 plugs at the radio if it was pre-wired for the sub.
The radio sub connector is 8 pin.

Aside from the radio connector itself, the wiring to the 4 speakers is the same. All 98+ radios are internally amplified, no external inline amps like the old -96 JBL systems.

RIP 2vmodular

#1587947 - 10/19/08 01:31 PM Re: Differences between Alpine Audiophile and Stan [Re: dRock96Marquis]
Carter Offline

I have the 6 Pin in the trunk, for the sub, (found that stuffed behind my backseat) and at my Radio I have the 24, 16, and 8 pin, all connected to my radio. Which is stange it being a base model.

#1588214 - 10/19/08 06:39 PM Re: Differences between Alpine Audiophile and Stan [Re: Carter]
dRock96Marquis Offline

Da Governator
Posting Addict

Then you're good to go ;\)

Your radio may not have the sub output enabled. If that's the case the MM radio is a direct swap and does have the output. Seeing as you already had the harnesses and they were plugged in - I imagine the radio will work fine.

RIP 2vmodular

#1588514 - 10/20/08 02:18 AM Re: Differences between Alpine Audiophile and Stan [Re: dRock96Marquis]
Carter Offline

I will let you guys know when it gets installed along with the pics. Thanks Derek.

In addition, it is also coming with an alpine head unit, looks exactly like mine, except it has the DSP button shared with RDS

#1592043 - 10/23/08 04:52 PM Re: Differences between Alpine Audiophile and Stan [Re: Carter]
Carter Offline

it looks like the Speakers are no different between the alpine and standard speakers, am I correct?

#1594227 - 10/26/08 01:15 AM Re: Differences between Alpine Audiophile and Stan [Re: Carter]
Carter Offline

Ok, got the system installed, after I found the non-connected ground, what a big job, pull the entire backseat out, connected the ground, then connected the sub, everything went well and really makes a difference in sound quality. I know that some of you out there like a bigger punch, but I think the factory sub does that for you. I find it real wierd, my car being a base model, came with the sub wiring, but not the cd-changer wiring.

Another question comes to mind, why didn't they hook up the ground for the sub?

For anyone that's looking to do a swap, the sub will not work, unless you have a Audiophile Head-unit or someone knows how to enable subwoofer on the standard cd/cass head unit.

Moderator:  2vmodular, dRock96Marquis, sanco 
Who's in Chat??
Google!
Who's Online
10 registered (a_d_a_m, Armada Master, Brian_31, Alex, 4 invisible), 77 Guests and 122 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
road_pizza 302
a_d_a_m 283
BigMerc96 203
Moby_Vic 202
Chicago2VP71 166
Ezbok58a 165
aknox077 158
BigNSlow 122
optik 118
Chaplian 115
Featured Member

Copyright 2000-2013 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!