Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | links | news | email login | chat Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Topic Options
#1820640 - 07/23/09 11:58 AM turn signal flasher location?
torino_69 Offline
Banned
Over the Hill

Loc: No. Mass.
Hey guys, i was wondering where the turn signal flasher is located on a 99 grand marquis. The hazard lights are working, and i can hear the flasher for that clicking, but none of the turn signals work, and no clicking noise from the flasher with left/right turn signals on so im assuming it just needs a new flasher...but where is it?
And the facts are that this country doesn't have the ability or the capacity to deliver electric vehicles on a mass scale - not to mention that we'll have to pay consumers to drive them - and we won't be able to until closer to 2020 at the earliest, despite the wildly bullish predictions by the Obama administration. - Johan de Nysschen, President of Audi America

Links
#1820693 - 07/23/09 12:45 PM Re: turn signal flasher location? [Re: BigNSlow]
torino_69 Offline
Banned
Over the Hill

So basically ford wasnt kidding when they said its a $450 part? shi-t.
And the facts are that this country doesn't have the ability or the capacity to deliver electric vehicles on a mass scale - not to mention that we'll have to pay consumers to drive them - and we won't be able to until closer to 2020 at the earliest, despite the wildly bullish predictions by the Obama administration. - Johan de Nysschen, President of Audi America

#1820701 - 07/23/09 12:52 PM Re: turn signal flasher location? [Re: torino_69]
CVPI06 Offline

Loc: Kentucky, Louisville
ouch, so I guess that basicially means the idea I had for replaceing the turn signal flasher onthe vic with one that is from an 18 wheeler (semi) is out of the question?

I want to have the slow long flash that most semis have when they use there turn signals...any suggestions of how I might be able to achieve that if I cant replace just the turn signal flasher?

#1820718 - 07/23/09 01:03 PM Re: turn signal flasher location? [Re: CVPI06]
torino_69 Offline
Banned
Over the Hill

Originally Posted By: CVPI06
ouch, so I guess that basicially means the idea I had for replaceing the turn signal flasher onthe vic with one that is from an 18 wheeler (semi) is out of the question?

I want to have the slow long flash that most semis have when they use there turn signals...any suggestions of how I might be able to achieve that if I cant replace just the turn signal flasher?

18 wheeler flashers are very different, even from standard car flashers. They are more like a car's starter solenoid than anything. at least the older one's anyways. the 2000+newer trucks have gotten a little more modern and use a flasher like this

http://www.empirechromeshop.com/p-3501-3...ed-flasher.aspx

You could probably wire one into an older car if you wanted, but i dunno in detail how this newer flasher system works on these cars.

Edited by 70torino429 (07/23/09 01:18 PM)

#1820759 - 07/23/09 01:30 PM Re: turn signal flasher location? [Re: torino_69]
CVPI06 Offline

Loc: Kentucky, Louisville
im mostly wanting to simulate the long hold in the "on" (when the turn lamp is lit up) that the semis usually seem to have, they tend to make a CLICK on for 2 seconds or so, CLICK, off for 2 seconds or so, so on so fourth type pattern...

Not sure if i'm explaining it well enough and with out a physical semi to turn on and record what I am talking about its kinda hard to describe in words...

#1820877 - 07/23/09 02:29 PM Re: turn signal flasher location? [Re: BigNSlow]
torino_69 Offline
Banned
Over the Hill

Originally Posted By: Bluemobile
You could try doing the LCM bypass. linky... First I would make sure that the LCM is indeed bad though and it's not something simple like a fuse.

hmm, ill have to take a closer look at it here in a few, i just assumed the flasher was something simple i could change out like the old style ones. Going to check fuses now.

#1820902 - 07/23/09 02:45 PM Re: turn signal flasher location? [Re: torino_69]
torino_69 Offline
Banned
Over the Hill

Is there a linky somewhere i can see what all the fuses are for? like what position 1 fuse controls, position 2 etc. The fuse layout i suppose you would call it.

Edited by 70torino429 (07/23/09 02:46 PM)

#1820991 - 07/23/09 04:25 PM Re: turn signal flasher location? [Re: torino_69]
DavidsAwesome Offline

Loc: High Desert, Cali
http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WOTCRO/~MUS~LEN/41/96croog1e.pdf

The oldest manual ford has is this 1996 cv owners manual. Would it be the same maybe?

#1820995 - 07/23/09 04:27 PM Re: turn signal flasher location? [Re: DavidsAwesome]
torino_69 Offline
Banned
Over the Hill

I dunno.

i did find it in the little owners manual though. 'twas fuse #5. Put in a new 15Amp fuse, and its good to go. Thanks guys.

Edited by 70torino429 (07/23/09 04:28 PM)

Moderator:  2vmodular, dRock96Marquis, sanco 
Who's in Chat??
Google!
Who's Online
11 registered (BlackVic_P71, bobb, Boss429, Bangster, 2007CrownVic, 1 invisible), 77 Guests and 59 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
BigMerc96 153
Ezbok58a 143
road_pizza 130
a_d_a_m 128
BlackVic_P71 110
ponyguy 107
73vwTodd 92
124neta 92
aknox077 90
Chaplian 85
Featured Member

Copyright 2000-2013 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!