Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | links | news | email login | chat Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Topic Options
#1912304 - 11/16/09 12:52 PM Grand Marquis & Crown Vic Interchangeable Parts...
ishot50 Offline
Rookie

Loc: 540 VA
Are the headlights interchangeable? Or would you have to swap the full front fascia for them to fit? What about the Grille?

Also, i have a friend with a p71 and we want to swap the section in between the tail lights.. do u have to swap the tail lights to do so??

PLEASE HELP!! thanx..

Edited by ishot50 (11/16/09 12:52 PM)
Retired old lady florida car, 30% tint all the way around, JVC Arsenal head unit, pioneer 6x8s in the front and 6x9s in the rear, new headlights, 6k bi-xenon hids, airbox mod, and sea-foamed and running clean on Mobil 1 5W-30 high mileage fully synthetic LOL.

Coming soon- New upper and lower ball joints, pi front springs and cng rear springs with kyb gas-a-justs all around, pi aluminum drive shaft, 3.55 loc and dual exhaust with 2nd cats removed... Hope to eventually do a 2011 5.0 swap =]

Links
#1912307 - 11/16/09 01:03 PM Re: Grand Marquis & Crown Vic Interchangeable Parts... [Re: ishot50]
Bigrick31 Offline

Loc: Nor*Cal
depends what year crown vic and what year MGM?

2000 CVPI
Build Log
http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2030254&fpart=1
Mods: 87 Jaguar XJS IRS, 2.5" H pipe exhaust with SLP loudmouth II mufflers, 18" dodge charger Police wheels, Steeda Under Drive pulleys, Air ride suspension (Lays frame!) One off Lower control arms. Converted AC compressor into an on board air compressor Sims trim black pain Custom air brushing on trunk lid 5% tint in the back 20% in front.

#1912308 - 11/16/09 01:04 PM Re: Grand Marquis & Crown Vic Interchangeable Parts... [Re: ishot50]
Ask_The_Shack Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Long Island, NY
You can't swap headlights. The GM has smaller headlights, so you're goina have a gap. You'd have to swap the whole front.

As far as the rear facia, yeah. Other people have done it, but I think it's kinda tacky myself.

Car pics located here

Fog light pics located here

Find out how to paint your grille here

#1912309 - 11/16/09 01:07 PM Re: Grand Marquis & Crown Vic Interchangeable Parts... [Re: ishot50]
sanco Offline
fo shizzle
Poobah

Loc: chicago, illinois
No no no and no...not without swapping the whole front and back

welcome to cvn this topic has been covered a lot on cvn so I would recommend doing a quick search on things you might think were covered...this way you will get a lot more info than posting another thread...use the google search feature it works better

but yea no you would need to swap the rear bumper and te fascia to work and for the front you need the header pannel, lights, grille, bumper and anything else that missed

#1912310 - 11/16/09 01:08 PM Re: Grand Marquis & Crown Vic Interchangeable Parts... [Re: Ask_The_Shack]
ishot50 Offline
Rookie

Loc: 540 VA
i dont like the way that big ass red piece looks.. i just want it 2 be black or body color.. but mainly with the lights i just want clear corners for my '98 GM and i cant seem to find any...

any suggestions?
Retired old lady florida car, 30% tint all the way around, JVC Arsenal head unit, pioneer 6x8s in the front and 6x9s in the rear, new headlights, 6k bi-xenon hids, airbox mod, and sea-foamed and running clean on Mobil 1 5W-30 high mileage fully synthetic LOL.

Coming soon- New upper and lower ball joints, pi front springs and cng rear springs with kyb gas-a-justs all around, pi aluminum drive shaft, 3.55 loc and dual exhaust with 2nd cats removed... Hope to eventually do a 2011 5.0 swap =]

#1912315 - 11/16/09 01:14 PM Re: Grand Marquis & Crown Vic Interchangeable Parts... [Re: ishot50]
Bigrick31 Offline

IM not sure if its possible but I used to have an audi a4 and when I wanted clear corners I put my lights in the oven and warmed them until I could take the outer lens off I then removed the corner reflector thus giving me clear corner lights. Im not sure if this is something that can be done on a GM corner though. Your other option would be to grab the front end off of a CV. I just got a whole GM front for my car for $175 from a junk yard if you were closer Id sell you my cars front end when I swap it over this weekend.

2000 CVPI
Build Log
http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2030254&fpart=1
Mods: 87 Jaguar XJS IRS, 2.5" H pipe exhaust with SLP loudmouth II mufflers, 18" dodge charger Police wheels, Steeda Under Drive pulleys, Air ride suspension (Lays frame!) One off Lower control arms. Converted AC compressor into an on board air compressor Sims trim black pain Custom air brushing on trunk lid 5% tint in the back 20% in front.

#1912322 - 11/16/09 01:20 PM Re: Grand Marquis & Crown Vic Interchangeable Part [Re: ishot50]
sanco Offline
fo shizzle
Poobah

Loc: chicago, illinois
 Originally Posted By: ishot50
i dont like the way that big ass red piece looks.. i just want it 2 be black or body color.. but mainly with the lights i just want clear corners for my '98 GM and i cant seem to find any...

any suggestions?

why don't you shoot musclemarquis a pm? He basically did some quick mods to make his look similar to a p71... Which is what I think you are going for

you can try to bake the corners in the oven to separate the cover but the issue with these ars is that the corner light tends to melt easy and when most guys tried it the housing melted...but it can be done

as for the rear just paint the reflectors...it's really not that hard...just make sure to mask off the car really well and prep the surface right. Again you can talk to musclemarquis more about that.

#1912326 - 11/16/09 01:28 PM Re: Grand Marquis & Crown Vic Interchangeable Part [Re: sanco]
Bigrick31 Offline

I forgot to mention an alternative to baking the corners if I had a set of corners with me I could tell you if this would work but try getting a drill or a pair of pliers in through the back of the corners through the light bulb holes and brake the reflector carefully so you dont scratch up the inside. Then pick out the pieces. I believe musclemarquis has smoked headlights and corners which you can buy on ebay for $175 just search Grand marquis smoked headlights.

2000 CVPI
Build Log

#1912328 - 11/16/09 01:30 PM Re: Grand Marquis & Crown Vic Interchangeable Parts... [Re: Bigrick31]
TheDriver959 Offline
Climber

Loc: Oshawa, ON
There's no real aftermarket support for these cars, and especially not the Grand Marquis. If you want clear corners, bake the ones you have in an oven to open them up, then do whatever you want to them. If you don't like the red "reflector" panel on the trunk lid, paint it black. It's not crucial for it to be a reflector, Mercury just opted to make it that way. It's a lot easier than swapping to a CV trunk lid panel and matching tail lights and bumper cover (required to not have a massive gap in the top of the bumper where the GM plate mount hangs down).

As far as component swaps, you can swap whatever you want on these cars. You can make a Vic look like a Marq if you wanna. Or you can do an in between look and make a Marauder clone. But individual components are not swappable. To get CV headlights, you need a CV header panel. For the header panel to fit right, you need the bumper cover. To get CV, '03+ GM or MM corners, you need the CV fenders (what Mercury did for the '03+ GM and the MM). You CAN bolt a pre-2003 GM header panel to CV fenders, but the resulting look is silly. The same goes for CV header to GM fenders.
LX Sport Console & Floor Shifter, Gentex Electrochromic Mirror w/compass, Marauder Cluster, Speed Control w/leather wheel, LED turn signals, HID headlights (projectors coming), EATC (DIY, in progress), Marauder corners, Rewired DRL, Rewired turn signals, Maraudered headlights, Grille Mounted Driving Lights, Bullitt Wheels, Pirelli Tires and a Custom Ram Air System. More to come!

#1955245 - 01/13/10 12:15 AM Re: Grand Marquis & Crown Vic Interchangeable Parts... [Re: TheDriver959]
99musclemerc Offline

Loc: Kansas City
I believe musclemarguis used VHT nightshades to tint his rear facia, there are several options though, you can tint it using the nightshades, remove the facia and scuff it up good prime it and paint it, or you can get tint film and do it that way, I found some cheap headlight tint film on ebay for a steal and I'm trying that first to see what I think (just in case I change my mind I won't damage anytning the first go around lol)
99 Mercury Grand Marquis: Dual exhaust with Thrush welded mufflers, P&P plenum, 70mm throttle body, bottomless filter mod, 20% tint, vic front and rear with badgeless honeycomb grill, putco relay harness with Nokya 80/100W bulbs, bumper tuck, BOSS 335 wheels

Moderator:  2vmodular, dRock96Marquis, sanco 
Who's in Chat??
Google!
Who's Online
22 registered (Alex, bobby58, BigMerc96, 94Victator, Captain_Slow, 2 invisible), 84 Guests and 155 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
KayTar 339
optik 233
CNGInterceptor 227
road_pizza 222
Ezbok58a 207
Moby_Vic 203
BigMerc96 203
gplayer 177
ponyguy 171
BlackVic_P71 168
Featured Member

Copyright 2000-2013 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!