Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | links | news | email login | chat Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Topic Options
#1969408 - 01/31/10 03:22 PM 1999 crown vic need help
mikeman711 Offline
n00b

Loc: iowa
ok i have a intake manifold crack and it leaks, i have a new manifold but not ut on yet, ok i was driving and the rear seat started burning so i pulled over and it died it was the catilitic converter that was clogged that made it so hot so i had it towed cut the catilitic converter off to let it brethe and it still wont start it is getting fuel to the rails it turns over but wont start it backfire when i attempt to start i removed a spark plug and it was cabonde up spark plugs are geting spark replaced te fuel filter i do hear the ful pump kicking on please help me out

work i have done
push button start
changed fuel filter
alternator
put a radio in fixed all wiring to audio hooked up some subs

what needs fixed
it has some light front body damage it is in need of 2 head light assemblies, a header panel a black grill and a hood,
intake manifold need replaced, i have the manifold already
wont start just cranks but no stat and back fire
back seat will need replaced started on fire
new catalytic converters gonna go with custom exhaust
my future goals are to get all black interior fresh black paint job 2 spot lights, tinted windows, and a push bar, replace all the cop antennas just for show, replace all carpet to black carpet replace door panels to black panels get custom seats to black seats dash to black and get black 18" rims which i think it would set the car off

Links
#1969423 - 01/31/10 03:50 PM Re: 1999 crown vic need help [Re: mikeman711]
Nomad8326 Offline
A suspicious mind is a healthy mind.
Poobah

Loc: Ohio
Probably to nasty in the motor to start after all that. Pull and clean or replace the spark plugs.

Maybe some starting fluid to try to get it going to it can clean itself out.
2005 CVPI - Black Lake Township PD #6 - SOLD

Oil Cooler Hose Replacement, Slow/Inoperative Window Repair - Cleaning Switches 95-02, 92+ Fuel Pump Replacement w/o Tank Drop, Broken Seat Bolt Repair, Vinyl Decal/Sticker Removal Tips

#1969664 - 01/31/10 09:11 PM Re: 1999 crown vic need help [Re: mikeman711]
Fordiesel69 Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Erie, PA
Don't f##k around anymore. You just ruined the cats because you are too lazy to swap the manifold. Aside from one nut on the drivers fuel rail that is a royal PITA to reach, the rest is a cake walk.

Simply put you delayed changing the manifold, the coolant leaked down the spark plug hole and caused that cylinder to not get spark, therefor the injector was spraying fuel into the cylinder, but no combustion was taking place. The raw fuel then went into the cats and caused them to burn up.

Time to put a new manifold on, clean the cop boots and springs + let them dry all night. Blow out the spark plug wells with 125+ psi air to get the coolant out, change the plugs, and install new cats. You will be good to go. You will also need to check the insulation above the cats, you probably damaged it as well.
-07' F-150 4x4 - Extended Cab, 3.55's, White w/ Grey interior, 118K
-99' Lincoln Town Car - Signature Series, 3.08's, Silver Frost Metallic, 94K

#1971801 - 02/03/10 06:51 PM Re: 1999 crown vic need help [Re: Fordiesel69]
mikeman711 Offline
n00b

ok i dont want to replace the manifold till it starts runing so i just need it started once it starts, i am letting it sit till i get money to have the manifold put on, i wont put the manifold on my self,
so could i just replace the spark plugs and it should start and my cats were cloged and need to be replaced any how, please help thanks

Edited by mikeman711 (02/03/10 06:57 PM)

work i have done
push button start
changed fuel filter
alternator

what needs fixed
it has some light front body damage it is in need of 2 head light assemblies, a header panel a black grill and a hood,
my future goals are to get all black interior fresh black paint job 2 spot lights, tinted windows, and a push bar, replace all the cop antennas just for show, replace all carpet to black carpet replace door panels to black panels get custom seats to black seats dash to black and get black 18" rims which i think it would set the car off

#1971823 - 02/03/10 07:18 PM Re: 1999 crown vic need help [Re: mikeman711]
Blackcvpi Offline
Cynical Jackass
Poobah

Loc: Your mom's house
Let me see if I can explain it......

You need to replace you intake manifold first. The leaking coolant is getting into the hole's where the spark plugs go and causing a misfire. Because you are not running on all 8 cylinders some of the gas going into the engine is not being burned and is ending up in your cat's. Excess unburnt fuel in your cats is what caused them to heat up real hot.....you burned them out......they are no longer any good. You can just change the plugs but the same thing is gonna happen again.

To do it right you need to do what Fordiesel69 said.

If you were planing to let it sit till you can pay to put the intake on then just leave it alone till then.

My car has a cracked intake and is misfiring.....I wont even start the engine till it's fixed.
2003 Crown Victoria ( AKA Car Craft Crown Vic ) ff, Trick Flow 38CC top end kit, Full SW exhaust, MM Airbox and MAF, ADTR zip tube, 78mm BBK Plenum and TB, Tuned by RET in Downey CA, Jmod, 3.73 with track lok, Naake coilover suspension, Henious control arms, Mettco watts link, Addco sway bars, 17" steel rims widened to 9.0 with 285/40/17 tire in the rear....more mods coming soon.

08 F250 Super Duty Lariat Crew Cab, 6.4 Powerstroke Turbo Diesel, Daystar leveling kit with Bilstien Shocks [/size]

#1971920 - 02/03/10 09:47 PM Re: 1999 crown vic need help [Re: Blackcvpi]
Fordiesel69 Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Erie, PA
You can do the manifold yourself....... It truly is not hard at all. It looks hard but is not.

It will cost you 300-700 to get this done. Anything over 700 will be a ripoff. Personally I would not pay more than 300.
-07' F-150 4x4 - Extended Cab, 3.55's, White w/ Grey interior, 118K
-99' Lincoln Town Car - Signature Series, 3.08's, Silver Frost Metallic, 94K

#1971935 - 02/03/10 10:19 PM Re: 1999 crown vic need help [Re: Fordiesel69]
mikeman711 Offline
n00b

Ok here is the story my car I just got back after beeing stolen by ex I had to replace a lot of [censored] already I just have to wait till I can get 200 for it to be installed and I know it does not take much to put intake manifold on I just don't want to deal with I just need to move off the street into. My driveway wich is a incline so I can't just roll it up thanks for help

work i have done
push button start
changed fuel filter
alternator

what needs fixed

#1971961 - 02/03/10 11:07 PM Re: 1999 crown vic need help [Re: mikeman711]
Ishii_kun Offline
n00b

Loc: Vancouver
I think what they're all saying is it needs to be replaced before it'll start. Your asking if there is a way to start it without replacing the manifold I believe the likely answer is no. because if you start it again the EXACT same thing is going to happen. You are so very much better off to replace the manifold first before you try to move it. Worst case scenario you pay a tow truck $50 to get it up your driveway.

The will to live can be more powerful than any medicine, so never give up.

#1972686 - 02/04/10 10:14 PM Re: 1999 crown vic need help [Re: Ishii_kun]
AyKillah Offline

Loc: Sneads Ferry, NC.
I agree with all of the above statements, and if you do it yourself your saving the $200 and can spend it on stuff...
SCT Tuned--Steeda Underdrives--3.55s w/FRPP Tlok--K&N FIPK--BBK Tuned Length Headers-- 2.5" BBK O/R X Pipe--Flowmaster Super 44s dump'd--Lo-Tek Triple pillar pod w/ A/F-Tach-Voltage--17in. Bullitts w/ 245/275--Complete A/C Delete--BBK 78mm TB/Plenum Combo--1/2" plenum spacer--80mm Marauder MAF--190lph Walbro--Venom 24lb injectors--Jet 180* Thermostat--ZEX Wet kit--ZEX Purge--ZEX Bottle Heater--Marauder center console and shifter w/ Oil Pressure & n20

#1973399 - 02/06/10 12:00 AM Re: 1999 crown vic need help [Re: AyKillah]
mikeman711 Offline
n00b

well i found someone to do it for 100 dollars and i have a new question,liked i said i di not care about spending 14 dollars on some cheap spark plugs just to get it up the drive way, so i bought some and put them in went to start and problem did not go away, could it be the timing, it cranks, and back fires but no start,

Edited by mikeman711 (02/06/10 12:01 AM)

work i have done
push button start
changed fuel filter
alternator

what needs fixed

Moderator:  dRock96Marquis, Liquid 
Who's in Chat??
Google!
Who's Online
5 registered (TM875, Zaairman, Bangster, 2 invisible), 39 Guests and 62 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
Moby_Vic 216
BigMerc96 150
ponyguy 149
Ezbok58a 139
road_pizza 119
Benno 119
73vwTodd 109
JeffBoudah 102
BlackVic_P71 99
a_d_a_m 95
Featured Member

Copyright 2000-2013 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!