Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#2368366 - 09/09/11 01:37 PM Re: Ford focus fog light install...with pics [Re: CrownVicBoyz]
capt512 Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: KC, MO
Anybody consider making the brackets (welding them up right, etc) and selling them to members (I'm sure there would be interest). I'm sure I can make brackets bending them like the others, just would like them to be a little more OEMish if possible. If not I'll just bend some brackets.

2001 CVPI - Ex-Kansas Turnpike Authority (Sold)
2000 CVPI - Ex-Kansas Turnpike Authority
2003 Marauder (300A)
2006 CVPI - Ex-NJ Airport Police 55k Miles

Links
#2369407 - 09/11/11 05:10 AM Re: Ford focus fog light install...with pics [Re: CrownVicBoyz]
95CrownVictoriaP74 Offline

Posting Addict

Loc: Dixie County, Florida
Very nice work!

2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX
2016 Volkswagen Jetta SEL Hybrid
2017 Volkswagen Jetta GLI
(Previous vehicles: 1995 Crown Victoria LX HPP, 1997 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, 2000 Crown Victoria HPP, 2010 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T, & 2003 Lincoln Town Car Signature)

#2385377 - 10/08/11 03:07 PM Re: Ford focus fog light install...with pics [Re: 95CrownVictoriaP74]
cragantler1 Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Fla. Cracker in South Conway
I've got my housings ordered, just have to bend the spare scrap aluminum I have and order the bulbs,relay and switch.
Hope to have this done before it gets too cold.
Very excited about this mod...

Click to reveal...
2004 P-73,113k+
Performance & Handling:
P-71 H-pipe with Flowmaster 50s/Rear Meow delete/ADTR P&P plenum/70mm TB/Marauder swaybars/MZT/BOC tune/J-Mod/ 2006 P-71 rear coils/Gatorback belt/2005 17" Mustang GT Premium rims with Pirellis/ FRPP 3.55's / FRPP Trak-Lok
best time, pre-gear change: 15.4 @ 91.6mph

Appearance:
Honeycomb color matched grille/lower grille mesh mod/S-55 tail/reverse lights mod/bumper tuck/window chrome and wood dash delete/black reflective rear fascia/side marker mod/15% rear, 35% front tint/Marauder gauge cluster/1999 Lincoln Continental console and floor shift/Marauder gauge pod with "real" Autometer gauges/ Ford Focus driving lights with 5000K HID's wired to Marauder light switch for factory operation/repaired LCM/Marauder corner lights

#2388000 - 10/13/11 12:38 AM Re: Ford focus fog light install...with pics [Re: CrownVicBoyz]
03RedVicSport Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Central NY
Wow, has it really been THIS long? I got my lights and HID kits back the end of August, and I'm just now getting around to putting these in. I actually started two weeks ago, I made brackets from some 1/8" 6061-T6 sheet and scrap aluminum angle, measured and marked where the holes needed to be in the metal bumper channel on each side, and tried to drill them...

What in heck is that bumper channel made from? recylced armor plate? I could NOT drill a hole in tha thing to save my life.

After much struggle and burning up or breaking every small drill bit I had, I managed to get a 1/8" hole thru it on each side, but the jump to 3/16 just stopped DEAD.

I ended up GRINDING the holes thru with a conical abrasive bit in a dremel tool. It worked. What a nightmare...

Once I had holes, the rest went and will finish up pretty easy. I have the lights mounted and the HID bulbs installed to keep crud and water out ofg the light housings.

It'll need to wait for th eweekend for the electrical part of the job, and some pix...

#2388004 - 10/13/11 12:50 AM Re: Ford focus fog light install...with pics [Re: CrownVicBoyz]
Black_Sunshine Offline
Poobah

Loc: AZ
I'm looking at doing these in my Grand Marquis:

The overall design of the holes in the bumper is the same as a Crown Vic but there is the bar in the center. I'm going to ignore the fact that the bar is there. It's not like the HIDs are going to send a beam out from the halogen housing anyway. The outer most holes on my bumper look just a little bit wider than the holes on the Vic. Can someone measure the lens of a Focus fog light? I just need to know if it will fill the hole like it does on a Crown Vic.

75mm DBW TB

Click to reveal...

2005 Grand Marquis GS Two Tone Edition

Vibrant White over Arizona Beige

The GS Two Tone Package includes:
� hood ornament
� c-pillar emblems
� LS style body side moldings
� body color mirror caps (the b-pillars are body color too, but I don't know if that is package specific)
� two tone interior (mine is leather and includes embossed logos on the seats)
� front door sill plates that say �Grand Marquis�

CarDomain

Facebook

#2388010 - 10/13/11 01:09 AM Re: Ford focus fog light install...with pics [Re: Black_Sunshine]
03RedVicSport Offline
Over the Hill

Originally Posted By: Black_Sunshine

The overall design of the holes in the bumper is the same as a Crown Vic but there is the bar in the center. I'm going to ignore the fact that the bar is there. It's not like the HIDs are going to send a beam out from the halogen housing anyway. The outer most holes on my bumper look just a little bit wider than the holes on the Vic. Can someone measure the lens of a Focus fog light? I just need to know if it will fill the hole like it does on a Crown Vic.

The shape of the end openings is a little different as well as being wider like you said. The Crown Vic's are more tri-angular while the Merc is more square-ish. I can't measure anything right now, but by just looking at it, I'm going to say you'll have a small gap at the rounded lower outboard edge of the opening, if you line up the top and inboard edge.

#2388014 - 10/13/11 01:16 AM Re: Ford focus fog light install...with pics [Re: CrownVicBoyz]
Black_Sunshine Offline
Poobah

Loc: AZ
I'll get a close up of the hole tomorrow. There is a black piece of plastic behind the outer most holes on both sides. Is that there on the Crown Vics? If so it might be the same part. That would indicate that the Focus fogs would fit pretty well.

75mm DBW TB

Click to reveal...

2005 Grand Marquis GS Two Tone Edition

Vibrant White over Arizona Beige

The GS Two Tone Package includes:
� hood ornament
� c-pillar emblems
� LS style body side moldings
� body color mirror caps (the b-pillars are body color too, but I don't know if that is package specific)
� two tone interior (mine is leather and includes embossed logos on the seats)
� front door sill plates that say �Grand Marquis�

CarDomain

Facebook

#2388015 - 10/13/11 01:25 AM Re: Ford focus fog light install...with pics [Re: Black_Sunshine]
03RedVicSport Offline
Over the Hill

I'll get a close up of the hole tomorrow. There is a black piece of plastic behind the outer most holes on both sides. Is that there on the Crown Vics? If so it might be the same part. That would indicate that the Focus fogs would fit pretty well.

That black plastic thign IS indeed there on Vic's as well... Retained by two little screws.

It isn't really shaped like the opening, it's bigger than the opening itself, and more square. It mounts the back face of the edges around the hole, if you followed that.

I think that plastic cover is a one-size-fits-all deal, it's shaped to work with both, and they use it on all of 'em.

#2388016 - 10/13/11 01:29 AM Re: Ford focus fog light install...with pics [Re: CrownVicBoyz]
03RedVicSport Offline
Over the Hill

Looking at your Merc again, the verticle bar nearest that opening is slanted visibly also, while the edge of the Focus light and of the Vic opening is almost a 90-degree angle with the top edge.

Since these mount actually in behind the opening not thru it, it will work but likely with gaps in places.

That wouldn't stop me for a minute though... I'd still do it.

#2388029 - 10/13/11 02:28 AM Re: Ford focus fog light install...with pics [Re: Black_Sunshine]
Carter Offline
Climber

Loc: Michigan

I was thinking of doing the exact fog install on my MGM as well. Thought about cutting out that bar and fabricating/Fiberglassing in the cuts. Don't know how that would work.

Former Cars: 2012 Chevrolet Impala LT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS

EATC Repair Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IsDs-N1mvE

#2429013 - 12/27/11 01:12 PM Re: Ford focus fog light install...with pics [Re: CrownVicBoyz]
yoshi86 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach
Anyone know where to get the back straps? I been looking all over and cant find anything.

01 crown vic lx p74 with 235k

#2429032 - 12/27/11 02:09 PM Re: Ford focus fog light install...with pics [Re: yoshi86]
Drac Offline

Cpt. Smug
Over the Hill

Loc: Cali
Originally Posted By: yoshi86
Anyone know where to get the back straps? I been looking all over and cant find anything.

Ace Hardware...

Lowes...

Home Depot...

some places may only carry a long piece, in which you will have to cut it down to length and trim it if necessary.

2004 Crown Victoria finished in Dark Pearl Blue Metallic (DX) | Ported M122 powered DOHC conversion with all supporting mods. Dyno queen.
2010 BMW M5 V10 finished in Monaco Blue Metallic with 2-tone interior | Eisemann race exhaust | Lowered On Dinan coilovers. Daily Driver

BlueVic's DOHC Supercharged Build.
Bluevic's 1,000 RWHP Returnless Fuel System.
2009+ Window/Lock/Mirror Control Switches Retrofit.
Mercury Cougar Trunk Switch Retrofit.

#2429709 - 12/28/11 11:40 PM Re: Ford focus fog light install...with pics [Re: CrownVicBoyz]
NGreen0807 Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Rock Hill, NY
I got mine at home depot. I paid about $3 for a 4 foot piece.

1999 CVPI. TR3650, tiny turbo, Ect.
2004 LX

#2430200 - 12/30/11 08:07 AM Re: Ford focus fog light install...with pics [Re: NGreen0807]
cragantler1 Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Fla. Cracker in South Conway
Originally Posted By: NGreen0807
I have the lights I'm ready to go. I'm just working on making a better bracket

You have a picture of the brackets ??
I just got my bulbs in yesterday but now it is too friggin cold.
Don't know if I feel like crawling around the garage with a torpedo heater blowing on me.

Click to reveal...
2004 P-73,113k+
Performance & Handling:
P-71 H-pipe with Flowmaster 50s/Rear Meow delete/ADTR P&P plenum/70mm TB/Marauder swaybars/MZT/BOC tune/J-Mod/ 2006 P-71 rear coils/Gatorback belt/2005 17" Mustang GT Premium rims with Pirellis/ FRPP 3.55's / FRPP Trak-Lok
best time, pre-gear change: 15.4 @ 91.6mph

Appearance:
Honeycomb color matched grille/lower grille mesh mod/S-55 tail/reverse lights mod/bumper tuck/window chrome and wood dash delete/black reflective rear fascia/side marker mod/15% rear, 35% front tint/Marauder gauge cluster/1999 Lincoln Continental console and floor shift/Marauder gauge pod with "real" Autometer gauges/ Ford Focus driving lights with 5000K HID's wired to Marauder light switch for factory operation/repaired LCM/Marauder corner lights

#2438937 - 01/15/12 10:12 AM Re: Ford focus fog light install...with pics [Re: CrownVicBoyz]
Bulldog5_oh Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Hollywood, Maryland... USA
Interesting

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 109 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Dmblanch 33
Old_Guy_Stu 32
RF_Overlord 31
speedfreak 27
Bellwestern80 25
LordAeneas 23
PrincePolaris 20
a_d_a_m 17
GM_Guy 16
Traffic22 15
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!