Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 >
Topic Options
#2336636 - 07/20/11 11:06 PM Re: 26 inch rims questions [Re: Tonyman24]
WSTRLNG Offline

Poobah

Loc: Plymouth, New Hampshire, USA

2006 "Abe" LTC Executive 6-door (3-row bench) 78k miles.

#2336647 - 07/20/11 11:25 PM Re: 26 inch rims questions [Re: WSTRLNG]
CVPI_GT Offline
How low is too low?
Over the Hill

Loc: Richmond Va
Originally Posted By: WSTRLNG

NICE!!!

1992 Ford Crown Victoria S,
Suspension Mods https://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2603760#Post2603760
Wheels & Tires https://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbth...mp;#Post2606379

#2336753 - 07/21/11 02:54 AM Re: 26 inch rims questions [Re: sangeeth]
sleekCrownVic Offline

Loc: Bahrain
LMAO!

I don’t think anyone needs a mechanical assessment about what gonna happen to the car, super goofy big wheels are in no way motor sports enthusiast society, it’s part of the Happy teeny MTV society! now all these kids watching that stuff want their cars to look like it’s from a Video clip for the song "bling bling dot com bring your mom" so while its parked two hot sweaty chicks will appear out of nowhere and shake their booty around it!

Big wheels like that are for Shows IMO, panthers are awesome cars and can look really great if you spend the same money your willing to spend on destroying it.

08 Crown Vic;
ADTR 04+ Supercharger Kit::CoolingMist Stage 2 Water/Meth Kit::ADTR p&p::Stainless Works LT's::FRPP trac-lok::FRPP 3.73 gears::Tune by SMS::Eaton lowering Springs::Addeco front & Eear Swaybars::Heinous Lower & upper Control Arms:: Metco Watts Link::KYB Struts & shocks::05 Mustang GT wheels.

05 Mustang GT;
Vortech HO Supercharger Kit::CoolingMist Stage 2 Water/Meth Kit::GT500 Fuel Pump::Hooker Headers::4.10s::Eibach Lowering Springs::Tunned By SMS::American Racing Torq Thrus Wheels

05 F150 King Ranch Crew Cab

Panther Arabia

#2336757 - 07/21/11 03:02 AM Re: 26 inch rims questions [Re: sleekCrownVic]
Danno1985 Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Milwaukee, WI via NY
Originally Posted By: sleekCrownVic
now all these kids watching that stuff want their cars to look like it’s from a Video clip for the song "bling bling dot com bring your mom" so while its parked two hot sweaty chicks will appear out of nowhere and shake their booty around it!

Ok, I have to admit.... this made me laugh pretty frickin hard...

Edited by Muscles_Marinara (07/21/11 03:02 AM)

2000 Crown Victoria LX. 160K. Duals, 3.73 trac-lok, currently rocking rally wheels with 215/65r16 Dunlop snows. Mobil 1 0W40 in the crankcase, Royal Purple 75W90 in the back. Still kicking'.

#2336769 - 07/21/11 04:07 AM Re: 26 inch rims questions [Re: sleekCrownVic]
sangeeth Offline

Loc: kingdom of Bahrain
LMAO!

I don’t think anyone needs a mechanical assessment about what gonna happen to the car, super goofy big wheels are in no way motor sports enthusiast society, it’s part of the Happy teeny MTV society! now all these kids watching that stuff want their cars to look like it’s from a Video clip for the song "bling bling dot com bring your mom" so while its parked two hot sweaty chicks will appear out of nowhere and shake their booty around it!

Big wheels like that are for Shows IMO, panthers are awesome cars and can look really great if you spend the same money your willing to spend on destroying it.

ROFLMAO! ^^^ This has to be the "BIG RIMZ" quote of the year laugh
[img:center][/img]

2001 P72: 5 Speed Swap; In Storage.

#2337143 - 07/21/11 03:13 PM Re: 26 inch rims questions [Re: Tonyman24]
HeavyMetalMerc Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Seattle, WA
now that is funny, lol

1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, HPP package
FRPP PI Intake from ADTR, Ported Plenum from ADTR, Steeda Plenum Spacer from ADTR, MSD Coils
BBK 70MM TB from ADTR, E3 Plugs, 2004 MZT, SCT X3 Tune from BOC, MAF Jumper from BOC, Optima Yellow Top
Marauder Spoiler, Steeda Oil Separator W/custom bracket, Metco Control Arms & Watts Link
Addco Rear Sway Bar w/ES Bushings, 3:73 Rear Gears with FRPP Trac Lok, Superior Rear Axles, Spruce Green Brake Calipers
PowerSlot Slotted Discs, Hawk HPS pads, Extended Tailshaft with P71 DriveShaft, Rebuilt/Painted Rear Axle, Bilstien Shocks, Chrome FR500 18's, Nitto 555's - 255/45-18 F, 285/40-18 R

"One doesnt simply drive the speed limit when listening to Heavy Metal"

#2337175 - 07/21/11 03:56 PM Re: 26 inch rims questions [Re: sleekCrownVic]
Steveboos Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Charlotte, NC
LMAO!

I just laughed my ass off. Thanks, now i have to go find it.
2007 Ford Crown Victoria SAP P71 Silver Birch/Dark Charcoal, 137,000 Miles, 1,600 Hours, NCSHP Vehicle #7367
40% Huper Optik Window Tint, DIY Headlight Relay Upgrade, Turn Signal Flash Mod, Trunk Light Mod with Cold Cathodes, Streamlight UltraStinger, Ultra Gauge, Pioneer Head unit, a GlobalSat BU-353, Cobra 29-LX, DVR-207 Dash Camera, and a RAM-VB-106-SW1 No-Drill Laptop Mount.

Proud member of the imaginary S.A.P. Group. You don't see us due to our street appearance.

#2337249 - 07/21/11 05:21 PM Re: 26 inch rims questions [Re: guee]
Gordonfan24 Offline

give me a job
Over the Hill

Loc: VA
Originally Posted By: guee
rant I found out the hard way asking about big rims on this site is bad idea everyone hates em . if i could aford 30 inch spinners i would do it cause i like it .. to each his own.. i love the way that blacked out vic looks tbh its not modified for precision handling its modified for the flashy aspect wich is perfectly fine if you dont like it just keep it to yourself you dont have to try and look smart by bashing his taste in cars that just makes you look like a dick..
just felt like that needed to be said

Well said. But it doesn't matter how many times someone explains it or shows examples of a car that is done properly, unless you agree with them, you'll always be wrong. It's just not worth arguing with the idiots on this site. Unfortunately, that describes a vast majority of members.
'05 Town Car Signature
Former:
'96 Grand Marquis GS - rear-ended/totaled in 2017 with only 66k miles
'97 Grand Marquis LS - sold in 2011

#2337298 - 07/21/11 06:17 PM Re: 26 inch rims questions [Re: Gordonfan24]
Robert_Allen Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Tuna, Texas
Originally Posted By: Gordonfan24
rant I found out the hard way asking about big rims on this site is bad idea everyone hates em . if i could aford 30 inch spinners i would do it cause i like it .. to each his own.. i love the way that blacked out vic looks tbh its not modified for precision handling its modified for the flashy aspect wich is perfectly fine if you dont like it just keep it to yourself you dont have to try and look smart by bashing his taste in cars that just makes you look like a dick..

Well said. But it doesn't matter how many times someone explains it or shows examples of a car that is done properly, unless you agree with them, you'll always be wrong. It's just not worth arguing with the idiots on this site. Unfortunately, that describes a vast majority of members.

The ones that are "done right" (in other words, the car's front end is aligned to factory specs, the suspension has plenty of travel in both directions, nothing rubs) are few and far between compared to the total hack jobs out there. Also, the ones that are "done right" still have significant disadvantages to more normal sized wheels. Such as braking/brake wear, ride quality, handling, and durability of the tire/wheel combo.

So if you want to think we're all idiots for failing to see the point of spending a lot of money to esentially cause a lot of damage to a car, all in the name of vanity, go right ahead. I stand by my advice that unless you have a lot of money to spend on added maintenance to brakes, suspension, wheels and tires, don't do this to your daily driver. Save it for the trailer queens.

#2337316 - 07/21/11 06:55 PM Re: 26 inch rims questions [Re: Tonyman24]
Gordonfan24 Offline

give me a job
Over the Hill

Everyone that posts in these threads makes generalizations based on what they've seen on television or the internet. I'll bet any sum of money you want that at least 7 out of 10 posters haven't driven a car with wheels larger than 22", so they're speaking from hearsay, not experience (even though they might claim to). I personally have driven a car with 22s. The claims that 22+s are unsafe, handling/braking is unsafe and irresponsible is absolutely ridiculous. People tow trailers without upgrading their brakes, but how often do you get on their cases? People with overloaded cars don't upgrade their brakes, but how often are they criticized?

The line that someone doesn't "understand" or "fails to see the point" of these cars comes up in every one of these threads and is total [censored]. I don't see the point of investing thousands of dollars into an outdated, overweight, underpowered car just to run 13s at the end of the day. But I don't comment on every performance thread calling people that do that stupid/uneducated and mention my lack of understanding.

You can have an opinion, but that's exactly what it is.
'05 Town Car Signature
Former:

#2337329 - 07/21/11 07:20 PM Re: 26 inch rims questions [Re: Gordonfan24]
Ezbok58a Offline
Banned
Posting Addict

Loc: Who wants to know...
Everyone that posts in these threads makes generalizations based on what they've seen on television or the internet. I'll bet any sum of money you want that at least 7 out of 10 posters haven't driven a car with wheels larger than 22", so they're speaking from hearsay, not experience (even though they might claim to).

And you would know this how exactly?

I personally have driven a car with 22s. The claims that 22+s are unsafe, handling/braking is unsafe and irresponsible is absolutely ridiculous. People tow trailers without upgrading their brakes, but how often do you get on their cases? People with overloaded cars don't upgrade their brakes, but how often are they criticized?

And what car/who's car have you driven that came with 22s? And if it's a factory car with 22s it doesn't even come close to counting. Have you driven any car where the factory wheel options don't go bigger than 19" but had 22s, 24s or even 26s on it? I have, I've driven all three... A Toyota Avalon, A 92 Grand Marquis, and a 72 Chevelle. Diobolical is the best way to describe each of those three. The handling? Can't turn lock to lock without powersteering or rubbing issues, which cut into the belts and stalled the car. Braking? Well stock drums on the Chevelle were probably the best of the three, the other two went right to the floorboard with massive pulsing issues. Ride? Well it was on a parking lot, but there was absolutely no give in the suspension. As I saw first hand with the Donk Pontiac Gbody how little the suspension actually moves on a car being used on a race course. Granted that thing was slow...any faster and there could have been problems.

The line that someone doesn't "understand" or "fails to see the point" of these cars comes up in every one of these threads and is total [censored]. I don't see the point of investing thousands of dollars into an outdated, overweight, underpowered car just to run 13s at the end of the day. But I don't comment on every performance thread calling people that do that stupid/uneducated and mention my lack of understanding.

Yet here you are, with the same car, with the same mods everyone else does... Pot calling the kettle

And your's is just that much more wrong.

#2337332 - 07/21/11 07:21 PM Re: 26 inch rims questions [Re: Tonyman24]
Ezbok58a Offline
Banned
Posting Addict

While you're at your witty comback, find us some examples of 'DONKs' or Big wheeled Panthers done right.

I can garantee you won't find more than 3 that are any better than that lousy Black P71 with the bent springs.

#2337388 - 07/21/11 08:48 PM Re: 26 inch rims questions [Re: Tonyman24]
Gordonfan24 Offline

give me a job
Over the Hill

Originally Posted By: Ezbok58a
Everyone that posts in these threads makes generalizations based on what they've seen on television or the internet. I'll bet any sum of money you want that at least 7 out of 10 posters haven't driven a car with wheels larger than 22", so they're speaking from hearsay, not experience (even though they might claim to).

And you would know this how exactly?

I don't know that. It's a bet made to make a point. Nearly everyone on this site that posts regularly hates those wheels. It's only natural to determine that the majority haven't tried driving with them. And a large minority of members would care not to be seen with anyone riding big wheels, whether it be class issues, racial issues, or just stubbornness.
And everyone makes decisions in life based on things they've learned, seen, heard, or experienced. It applies to this thread as much as anything else in life.

I personally have driven a car with 22s. The claims that 22+s are unsafe, handling/braking is unsafe and irresponsible is absolutely ridiculous. People tow trailers without upgrading their brakes, but how often do you get on their cases? People with overloaded cars don't upgrade their brakes, but how often are they criticized?

And what car/who's car have you driven that came with 22s? And if it's a factory car with 22s it doesn't even come close to counting. Have you driven any car where the factory wheel options don't go bigger than 19" but had 22s, 24s or even 26s on it? I have, I've driven all three... A Toyota Avalon, A 92 Grand Marquis, and a 72 Chevelle. Diobolical is the best way to describe each of those three. The handling? Can't turn lock to lock without powersteering or rubbing issues, which cut into the belts and stalled the car. Braking? Well stock drums on the Chevelle were probably the best of the three, the other two went right to the floorboard with massive pulsing issues. Ride? Well it was on a parking lot, but there was absolutely no give in the suspension. As I saw first hand with the Donk Pontiac Gbody how little the suspension actually moves on a car being used on a race course. Granted that thing was slow...any faster and there could have been problems.

It was a college friend's Charger. 22's with no other suspension/brake modifications. It handled better than my dad's '68 Catalina, and could stop in less than 1/3 of the distance. Yet the Catalina doesn't (well, "didn't" before the new NJ inspection process) require any inspection at all.

Yet here you are, with the same car, with the same mods everyone else does... Pot calling the kettle

I've spent $1200 on wheels, lowering springs, and exhaust. Not sure how your comparison fits, but whatever.

And your's is just that much more wrong.

Maybe.

While you're at your witty comback, find us some examples of 'DONKs' or Big wheeled Panthers done right.

I can garantee you won't find more than 3 that are any better than that lousy Black P71 with the bent springs.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/194/4801/25484900001_large.jpg
24s. No cuts, no lift.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT-8qoN4cJA&feature=player_embedded
24s. No cuts, no lift.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/tez4life/20110220111209.jpg
24s. No cuts, twist-in spring knuckles. Not as safe as new springs and control arms, but way better than "cups".
There are guys with custom springs (or longer springs of the same diameter from a different car) and tons of people with air suspension.
'05 Town Car Signature
Former:

#2337487 - 07/21/11 10:55 PM Re: 26 inch rims questions [Re: Gordonfan24]
sangeeth Offline

Loc: kingdom of Bahrain

Excuse me sir- but branding fellow members "idiots" is just uncalled for. We all agree and disagree on some topics- That's what this forum is for- discussions- Not accusations. Members may agree or disagree with one another's taste or point of view- just because some disagree with a particular issue that does not mean that it is ok to call them "idiots".

2001 P72: 5 Speed Swap; In Storage.

#2337603 - 07/22/11 02:53 AM Re: 26 inch rims questions [Re: Tonyman24]
Ezbok58a Offline
Banned
Posting Addict

No cuts and no lift is only a small piece of the puzzle, you know this.

Can they turn lock to lock without rubbing issues? Can the powersteering handle the lock to lock turn (lifted 250's w retard flashy rockstars and tires can't even manage that, that's with a 5k suspension lift)? Have the pads been upgraded? Have the brakes been upgraded? How stiff is the suspension on those cars? Can you compress the suspension by lightly pushing down on the car or do you need 2 350lb men jumping on the hood to compress the suspension?

Putting big wheels on a car is just one step...it's not the one and only thing you do, which is exactly what 98% of people who put these wheels on these cars do. You need to make sure nothing else is being put under stress on the car...and the cold reality is that not a lot of people do that.

Oh, and exhaust, lowering springs and wheels are mods done to a BOF car that are just as 'dumb' as performance mods you've criticized everyone else here for. And performance mods usually don't involve cutting corners that could put the general public at risk because they weren't done right. Something that can't be said for the big wheeled crowd.

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 >

Moderator:  RF_Overlord 
Who's Online
3 registered (cv83, CarMon, Rootintootin), 110 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Dmblanch 33
Old_Guy_Stu 32
RF_Overlord 31
speedfreak 28
Bellwestern80 25
LordAeneas 24
PrincePolaris 21
a_d_a_m 17
Traffic22 16
GM_Guy 16
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!