Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | links | news | email login | chat Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#235079 - 09/06/03 03:51 PM shotgun mount for trunk
Rusty! Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: New Mexico, USA
I am thinking about putting a shotgun mount in the trunk of my '99 CVPI. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Links
#235080 - 09/06/03 04:00 PM Re: shotgun mount for trunk
Bryan_S. Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Olean, NY
I really like the ones that let you mount one over your head inside the car and are unlocked with a hidden electric push button or key.

Can you just picture the look on a cops face as he leens down to speak to you and see's that sucker on the roof...priceless.

Bryan

#235081 - 09/06/03 05:00 PM Re: shotgun mount for trunk
Cooper Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Massachusetts
Quote:

I am thinking about putting a shotgun mount in the trunk of my '99 CVPI. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Yes... check first to see if it's legal. I understand it'll be in the trunk, but couldn't that still be called "CCW"? Do you frequently find the need to use a shotgun while driving your '99 CVPI?

Quote:

I really like the ones that let you mount one over your head inside the car and are unlocked with a hidden electric push button or key.
Can you just picture the look on a cops face as he leens down to speak to you and see's that sucker on the roof...priceless.

Oh yeah, cops LOVE stuff like that don't they? It just makes their job so much fun. If I were a cop and I saw that, you'd be quickly separated from your weapon as I extracted you from your car at gunpoint. I think the look on YOUR face would be... priceless.

#235083 - 09/06/03 08:28 PM Re: shotgun mount for trunk
2001 GM LS Offline

Loc: In front of the computer. Duh....
But .30 calibre twin machine guns mounted behind the front signals are so much more effective..

2001 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate - 44k miles, digital dash (ugh), fully loaded double meat and cheese..

#235084 - 09/06/03 08:29 PM Re: shotgun mount for trunk
MAFpilot Offline
Inappropriate Avatar
Posting Addict

Loc: US
Are those functional?
Box P72 5.8 #1
Box P72 5.8 #2

#235085 - 09/06/03 08:55 PM Re: shotgun mount for trunk
grimor Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Chicago-ish
no, they're dys-functional

#235086 - 09/06/03 10:26 PM Re: shotgun mount for trunk
Bryan_S. Offline
Over the Hill

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks

Yes... check first to see if it's legal. I understand it'll be in the trunk, but couldn't that still be called "CCW"? Do you frequently find the need to use a shotgun while driving your '99 CVPI?

Quote:

Oh yeah, cops LOVE stuff like that don't they? It just makes their job so much fun. If I were a cop and I saw that, you'd be quickly separated from your weapon as I extracted you from your car at gunpoint. I think the look on YOUR face would be... priceless.

Dam Coop, you obviously dont know humor when you see it, what crawled up your a$$ and died? You ever see the commercial adds for the credit cards where they go through a senario and at the end the punch line is ..."Priceless", yeah, it was a spin off of that. If your that uptight you must really be a joy to be around.

After all we all know we'd rather see the look on an officers face when he see's these.

Bryan

#235087 - 09/06/03 10:34 PM Re: shotgun mount for trunk
Buck268 Offline
Grand Poobah

Loc: Grand Rapids, MI
Quote:

Assuming (yes, ASS U MEing) that the gun is unloaded and the chamber is open, you could not legally do anything about it. At least not in MI.

#235088 - 09/06/03 10:49 PM Re: shotgun mount for trunk
Bryan_S. Offline
Over the Hill

Same for NY. I have been pulled over b4 a couple of times with a load of weapons in the back seat that would make a swat team proud but was never "extracted at gun point". All were unloaded with actions open. Cop gave tham the look over a coulpe of times and payed much more attention but nothing even remotely bad ever happened. I guess some cops are just more professional and capable. Of course Mass is a state where gun owners are looked on as murderous, government overthrowing, kooks.

Bryan

#235089 - 09/07/03 08:01 AM Re: shotgun mount for trunk
Cooper Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Massachusetts
Bryan- I usually know humor when I see it, but I guess I've just seen too many "anti-cop" posts on CVN in the past. I have a number of friends who are cops and I have a deep respect for them and what they do. I get really b.s. when I read some of the crap that some people write about them in these forums. I admit I have a "short fuse" when it comes to certain subjects, and disrespect for those who endanger their own lives to protect mine is one of them. I'm sorry I did not recognize your humor for what it was. -Coop

#235090 - 09/07/03 08:54 AM Re: shotgun mount for trunk
Bryan_S. Offline
Over the Hill

No biggy.
Bryan

#235091 - 09/07/03 10:49 AM Re: shotgun mount for trunk
trooperbsb Offline
Climber

Loc: Woodbury, CT
"Dam Coop, you obviously dont know humor when you see it, what crawled up your a$$ and died? You ever see the commercial adds for the credit cards where they go through a senario and at the end the punch line is ..."Priceless", yeah, it was a spin off of that. If your that uptight you must really be a joy to be around."

I do not normally get involved in posts such as this, but Cooper is a good friend of mine in which case I'm ALWAYS going to come to the defense of. Coop was just making a point that the whole scenario wasn't as funny as others thought. This is NO reason to turn around and make a personal attack against him. Coop and myself spent a good deal of time in Canada and at other northeast meets and he's a great and fun person to be around and I think that EVERYONE who attended STAP or has met Coop in the northeast would agree. This is America so you can say what you want and do what you want, but try to respect other peoples opinions on the board, and if your going to disagree with them (which often does happen and makes life interesting) do it respectfully and not personally.
~Brent

#235092 - 09/07/03 11:00 AM Re: shotgun mount for trunk
Barongrey Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Ridgecrest, CA
Put it on the inside of the trunk lid, and bracket it with a couple of Desert Eagles.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons, For Thou Art Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup!

#235093 - 09/07/03 02:01 PM Re: shotgun mount for trunk
Rusty! Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: New Mexico, USA
I DO appreciate the responses regarding legality and the question of need, but I really wasn't after a lesson in ethics as much as I wanted to know about available equipment to accomplish the task. I carry with me the little card issued by a government agency that allows me to carry weapons in my vehicle and well as concealed on my person, so let's get that out of the way. I just don't want the gun to bounce around and dent the car when I hit a big bump. Any actual suggestions would be appreciated. I truly value the input of my fellow CV.NET members.

JOHN

#235094 - 09/07/03 02:08 PM Re: shotgun mount for trunk
Mr_Ash Offline
Poobah

Loc: DuPage Co., IL
They sell brackets to that mount to the inside of the deck lid, I know a couple dept's around here that use them and I have asked them about the mounts before, No complaints

"Last of the V-8 Interceptors"

2000 Ford Crown Victoria
Deep wedgewood Blue
56,XXX Miles
Gray Cloth Interior
Goodyear GT HR's
Deluxe Wheel covers

1992 P74 (Silver/Grey 98k) ~ Totaled/Sold
1994 P71 (Black/Blue 152k) ~ Under Construction
1996 P71 (Blue/Blue 143k) ~ Totaled

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  2vmodular, dRock96Marquis, sanco 
Who's in Chat??
Google!
Who's Online
11 registered (chi_town_marquis, junior, ford05, Kickingwing519, Mest30, 2 invisible), 67 Guests and 140 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ezbok58a 205
BigMerc96 182
124neta 163
road_pizza 155
BigNSlow 141
Alex07 139
a_d_a_m 138
aknox077 129
ponyguy 121
2004_p71 95
Featured Member

Copyright 2000-2013 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!