Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Topic Options
#2385981 - 10/09/11 06:06 PM Nothing but hot air . . . blend door actuator?
dubch87 Offline

Climber

Loc: NC
As the title says, nothing but super hot air is blowing at every temperature setting (EATC). Is it bad that I've been reading these forums so much that I immediately knew what was wrong?

I've been doing some searching, and it sounds like you don't have to entirely pull the dash to get to the blend door actuator. Any tips for getting to this stupid thing?

Also, checked with Tasca, and found "Door actuator, temperature blend, all models, w/atc". Sounds like the right part, but can anyone find a part number so I can verify? The part number on the piece in the [link broken, do not click] image didn't come back with any parts when searched.

A million thanks.

Mods go here.

Links
#2386514 - 10/10/11 05:30 PM Re: Nothing but hot air . . . blend door actuator? [Re: dubch87]
dubch87 Offline

Climber

Loc: NC
I ran the EATC module self-test this morning and got DTC 025 - blend door failure. The strange part is that driving to and from work today, I had cool air again. This was AFTER I ordered the blend door actuator from Tasca.

I'm starting to think I should give in and pull the dash so I can replace the heater core too. When I pulled the heater hoses to replace the blower motor speed control module two months ago (seems to be a pattern here), there was gunk and rust. Plus I've been fighting rust in my coolant for awhile, and the radiator looks clean.

Woe is me.

Mods go here.

#2386655 - 10/10/11 09:40 PM Re: Nothing but hot air . . . blend door actuator? [Re: dubch87]
PHoganDive Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Mass, USA
Originally Posted By: dubch87
I ran the EATC module self-test this morning and got DTC 025 - blend door failure. The strange part is that driving to and from work today, I had cool air again. This was AFTER I ordered the blend door actuator from Tasca.

I'm starting to think I should give in and pull the dash so I can replace the heater core too. When I pulled the heater hoses to replace the blower motor speed control module two months ago (seems to be a pattern here), there was gunk and rust. Plus I've been fighting rust in my coolant for awhile, and the radiator looks clean.

Woe is me.

The radiator and heater core are aluminum, no rust from them. The rust comes from the cast iron engine block. Good coolant has corrosion inhibitors in it to keep it from rusting, but as it ages, they wear out, and it will rust.

2006 CVPI w/120K, J-Mod, MSD COPs, BOC Tune, American Muscle Wheels, Magnaflow Stainless Catback Duals, 35% tint, UltraGuage, headlight relay harness installed w/ 80/100 watt bulbs.

1996 GMQ 116K miles, Bilstein shocks, otherwise stock (Retired 7/2011)

#2388206 - 10/13/11 12:57 PM Re: Nothing but hot air . . . blend door actuator? [Re: dubch87]
99_03PantherS Offline

Poobah

Loc: NW side Chicago
this happened with me in the summer. played around with the knobs and it blew out cold again.
'78 Continental
'98 Mark VIII

#2445161 - 01/25/12 10:41 PM Re: Nothing but hot air . . . blend door actuator? [Re: dubch87]
lampey Offline
Stranger

Loc: Oakland, CA
I have the same problem except no heat and just ac. Its an 07 cvpi. I'm going to replace the actuator too. Did you go with a motorcraft one also?

#2445212 - 01/26/12 12:22 AM Re: Nothing but hot air . . . blend door actuator? [Re: dubch87]
PoliceInterceptr Offline

Poobah

Loc: Miami, FL
Might want to have your system charged before trying to replace anything. A few years back, my A/C just stopped blowing cold air one day. I got a bottle of R134a or whatever it's called from the auto parts store and charged it up. To this day it still blows ice cold. Good luck.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell.
"America is all about speed - hot, nasty badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

#2445375 - 01/26/12 01:03 PM Re: Nothing but hot air . . . blend door actuator? [Re: dubch87]
RollinX151 Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Miami, FL
Happened to me in my lincoln. Would blow hot all of a sudden then go back to cold for a few days, then hot for a day or two. The blend door is giving up. Every time you turn the car on, the blend door cycles so sometimes it will stay at hot or cold? I never repaired it because removing the dash which is a pain in the ass, just to replace a $20 part is [censored]. A shop charges like 4-6 hours of labor so it was not worth it.
2011 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - SOLD

Who's Online
3 registered (cv83, CarMon, Rootintootin), 110 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Dmblanch 33
Old_Guy_Stu 32
RF_Overlord 31
speedfreak 28
Bellwestern80 25
LordAeneas 24
PrincePolaris 21
a_d_a_m 17
Traffic22 16
GM_Guy 16
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!