Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | links | news | email login | chat Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Topic Options
#2595644 - 09/12/12 07:47 PM Anti-Theft Light Blinking?
Stinkin Offline
n00b

Loc: NJ, USA
ok, since i got my LTC, the Anti-Theft light blinks and dings very angrily when I turn the car off and my Driver door is open. does not ding but blinks when other doors are open.

I don't have the newer PATS key, and when I push the Panic button on my remotes it honks and flashes as it should, so nobody messed with the Anti-theft system, I think?

my car is a 1997 Lincoln Town Car, Executive series.

now is this normal? if it is please pardon my ignorance.

1997 Lincoln Town Car: found in the junkyard, rescued, patched up runs good.

when your wife lets you buy a car from the junkyard, you know she loves you!

Links
#2595689 - 09/12/12 08:56 PM Re: Anti-Theft Light Blinking? [Re: Stinkin]
BigMerc96 Offline
Grand Poobah

Loc: I can see Detroit from here!
it is normal. It should blink for 15 or so seconds after you lock the doors. It will also blink when you open the doors. After you lock the doors, and it finishes its blinking, then the alarm is armed. If you leave the window open, lock the doors, wait for it to finish blinking, then open the door from the interior handle, it should set off the alarm.

1997 Town Car Cartier ~118k miles, 70mm TB, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust with Magnaflows, rear cat delete, MSD Ignition, KYB Gas-A-Justs, Marauder/HPP rear sway bar, P71 front bar, air ride reinstated, Blinker Mod, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel retrofit.. Smashed 1/13/13....I fixt it..
1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12 frown
Originally Posted By: BillyBishop
I've read a lot of threads on CVN, and this one is probably the worst.

#2595701 - 09/12/12 09:05 PM Re: Anti-Theft Light Blinking? [Re: Stinkin]
Stinkin Offline
n00b

Thanks Big Merc, BTW your Lincoln is absolutley gorgous...

#2595742 - 09/12/12 10:37 PM Re: Anti-Theft Light Blinking? [Re: Stinkin]
olopezm Offline

Loc: Irapuato, Mexico
It dings even without a key in the cylinder?

That's not normal and may indicate a broken tab inside the cylinder which can be easily removed; or in other cases, like mine, if you have some other electrical gremlins it might indicate a problem with the connections to the LCM. As a quick story, my Town Car would ding almost every time I opened the driver door even without a key in the cylinder, the windows would remain permanently energized, the automatic headlights would work erratically and the clock on top of the dash never worked. It all turned out to be a bad clock shorting the LCM and causing all those problems.

If it's dinging only when the key is in the cylinder, then ignore my comment and be happy!

Oscar.

"If you don't agree with me I respect you; if I don't agree with you I'm an ignorant? Nice thinking smart guy...

#2595783 - 09/13/12 12:46 AM Re: Anti-Theft Light Blinking? [Re: Stinkin]
Stinkin Offline
n00b

Yes it dings without key in cylinder but windows stop working after I open the door and my auto lights work perfect they even turn off when I leave them on the on position, my clock works perfect.

The key fits snugly in cylinder as well. any ideas?

#2595795 - 09/13/12 02:13 AM Re: Anti-Theft Light Blinking? [Re: Stinkin]
Raven238 Offline
Climber

Loc: Boston, MA
Sounds like the key sense. If you were to take the cover off and take the ignition out. You'll see a tiny black piece on the bottom where the ignition goes into. Should have a small wire coming from it. If the tap is bent downward, it'll keep a closed loop. If its not seated properly, same thing. Easy fix either way if that's the problem.

03 CVPI 202XXX miles
K&N cold air, LED Interior, Marauder Cluster Swap,Sniper Tuned, Side Blinker Mod, Headlamp Upgrade pictorial

#2595797 - 09/13/12 02:18 AM Re: Anti-Theft Light Blinking? [Re: Stinkin]
Raven238 Offline
Climber

Loc: Boston, MA
Sounds like the key sense. If you were to take the cover off and take the ignition out. You'll see a tiny black piece on the bottom where the ignition goes into. Should have a small wire coming from it. If the tap is bent downward, it'll keep a closed loop. If its not seated properly, same thing. Easy fix either way if that's the problem.

03 CVPI 202XXX miles
K&N cold air, LED Interior, Marauder Cluster Swap,Sniper Tuned, Side Blinker Mod, Headlamp Upgrade pictorial

#2596257 - 09/14/12 12:19 AM Re: Anti-Theft Light Blinking? [Re: Stinkin]
Stinkin Offline
n00b

Thanks for all of your help. as long as it doesn't hurt my LCM then it can ding till the cows come home.

Moderator:  2vmodular, dRock96Marquis, sanco 
Who's in Chat??
Google!
Who's Online
11 registered (drwhy, Alex, GMP440, fireandice9008, ford05, 1 invisible), 90 Guests and 62 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
Moby_Vic 213
BigMerc96 157
ponyguy 151
Ezbok58a 141
Benno 130
road_pizza 115
73vwTodd 107
a_d_a_m 103
JeffBoudah 95
BlackVic_P71 95
Featured Member

Copyright 2000-2013 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!