Well, the 1997 MGM is gone, sold to a Mercury enthusiast in the North of Holland. Why?
Because I got a once in a lifetime oppertunity to own a low miles Town Car, of which there aren't many here in the Netherlands, let alone in the whole of Europe.
The car was brought to the Netherlands in 2004, to be used at a funeral home to drive around relatives of the person that deceased (when folowing the hearse to the funeral home). It had 46.000 miles on it when it came to Holland. Until May this year, they had drive the odometer all the way to 60.000 miles before they sold it.
I then got a hold of her, and did not had to think long to buy it!
It is the Signature Edition Touring Sedan with the stiffer suspension and the dual exhaust and the black out trim on the bumpers and the partially blacked out grill.
Also, a factory sunroof is there.
The under carriage is flawless, even though it was used during winter times as well with salt on the road. But good maintenance is essential.
Few things I have to fix or already have fixed:
- New upper grill > the old one has some bubbles underneath > new one ordered at Rock Auto.
- Missing tab on rear passenger vents > ordered through Ebay from wrecker.
- Missing mag from Clarion cd changer > found one for 20 bucks and it works super together with the standard Alpine head unit.
- Strange rattle underneath hood that is not coming from the engine. With reving it becomes a bit more louder.
- Check engine Light comes on and give the P0430 code, bad cat or sensor. My shop will investigate further.
- In my country it is per law that all vehicles after december 1997 have to have a fog light on the back, but I need to make it working again and perhaps find a good alternative position for it somewhere else on the back.
- Redo the wiring harness of the front lights, since they were altered big tome to meet Euro specs. I wanna have the cornering lights again, sidemarkers and the blinekrs in the front, as it should be.
- Little oxidation at the front of the underside of the hood, need to deal with that this weekend before it spreads to the top side.
- As you can see in the photos, I have removed the orignal floor mats ot be professionally cleaned. They were right down dirty as heck. The spare ones of the MGM are now in their place for the moment.
Also, underneath the car, I saw this thing situated underneath the area where the trunk is, anyone knows what this is?
I am very happy with it and the stiffer suspension makes it a pleasure to drive anywhere.
I will certainly enjoy this car for years to come.