Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | links | news | email login | chat Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Topic Options
#2782016 - 11/24/13 08:36 PM Problems with fuel pump and fuel rail P0191
pacecarman Offline
Stranger

Loc: AZ
Hello,
I am having a electrical problem with my P71 2006 crown vic. The car was running fine when I got it but then all of the sudden while warming up in the drive way it stalled and died.
I got the error code P0191 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Low.
So I replaced the sensor, but still no start. I heard the fuel pump priming but very weak. So I replaced the fuel pump assembly (actually 3 fuel pumps now) and also the fuel filter. Still no start.
I replaced the Driver Module Fuel located in the trunk of the car (with the same exact model #) and still no start.
I removed the fuel rail hose and saw there was no gas getting to the fuel rail so I hotwired the fuel pump and it started to work. So I got under the car and rewired the ground going to the fuel pump assembly and the fuel pump started to prime as usual.
Here are the current issues: The fuel pump is at a constant high pitch as if there is no control to the fuel pressure.
The code P0191 will always come back on the second start if I erase the code.
I have checked for frayed wires on the inertia cutoff switch, fuel pump assembly, driver module fuel, fuel rail pressure sensor and they all seem to be good and connected.

Could this be something else? Fuel regulator? some other connection? I don't know what controls the fuel pump pressure or what turns on the fuel pump other than the fuel pump relay which is also good. Also the fuel pump fuse.
Out of ideas now, need help
thanks

Links
#2782018 - 11/24/13 08:43 PM Re: Problems with fuel pump and fuel rail P0191 [Re: pacecarman]
pacecarman Offline
Stranger

Forgot to mention I looked all on this forum and internet looking for a similar issue related to the code P0191 and found nothing matching. One said the check all grounds, but wanted to know if a certain power supply would go out/ broken/ or faulty I should be looking for. All the parts I replaced were with perfectly running cars.

#2782534 - 11/26/13 10:16 AM Re: Problems with fuel pump and fuel rail P0191 [Re: pacecarman]
pacecarman Offline
Stranger

Any ideas?
Why would just making a new ground for the fuel pump assembly cause the fuel pump to turn on, but never turn off when ignition turns to on? But you hook up the original ground wire and the car doesn't turn on the fuel pump at all with the ignition switch turned to on position
Bad inertia switch?
I've already crossed out fuel pump, fuel pump assembly, driver fuel module, FRPS, Fuel pump relay, fuel pump fuse, connections, frayed wires

Moderator:  dRock96Marquis, Liquid 
Who's in Chat??
Google!
Who's Online
9 registered (Original_Light, Chaplian, Leadfoot, JimO, oMerca13, 2 invisible), 70 Guests and 139 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
KayTar 306
optik 244
CNGInterceptor 223
Ezbok58a 214
road_pizza 207
BigMerc96 203
Moby_Vic 184
ponyguy 174
gplayer 157
BlackVic_P71 152
Featured Member

Copyright 2000-2013 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!