Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Topic Options
#3463617 - 12/08/16 01:51 AM About ready to convert to coils...banging my head
SFDE56 Offline
Rookie

Loc: Sacramento, Ca
I have replaced: compressor, bags, installed used/new ride height sensor, spent hundreds of dollars on a rental car and lame service from Future Ford In Roseville, they said it was different things each time. Came back as the following: pneumatic failure, bad ground wire, bad relay, bad compressor, then they don't know... symptom is as follows currently. Car is low, about 2 inches from the bump stop. I turn key on, 15 seconds go by, I hear the solinoid in the compressor, but no pump turns on. The dash light comes on. I can not trick the system. At one point it worked randomly and got the height up. If I leaned in through window and turned ignition, nothing happened, but at least nondash light came on. As soon as I opened door and sat dow , light came on.

Help me!? I'm giving up tomorrow and ordering coils and selling all the parts.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

Links
#3463633 - 12/08/16 02:04 AM Re: About ready to convert to coils...banging my head [Re: SFDE56]
Bellwestern80 Offline

CVN Discord: Edsel
Over the Hill

Loc: Evans, Georgia
I'd check all the wiring first. Typically the air ride system should be rather trouble free except when the bags fail.

I'd also check to see if the compressor is getting power. It sounds like the dealer was shotgunning parts at the issue rather than pinpointing the trouble.

My Cars:
-1964 Mercury Comet 202 (116K Miles | 170 I6) - Restoration Project
-1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles | 360 V8) - Transmission going in soon, then finish everything else.
-1987 Mercury Colony Park LS (343K Miles | H.O. 302) - March 2017, November 2019, & September 2021 POTM Winner
-1997 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles | nPI 4.6) - April 2013 & May 2023 POTM Winner - Wrecked after 12 years frown Currently rebuilding.

#3463681 - 12/08/16 04:44 AM Re: About ready to convert to coils...banging my head [Re: SFDE56]
EZlivin11 Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Central Coast Of CA USA
I'm pulling from basic t/s cuz I don't know air ride yet, but if the pcm is only monitoring/reporting, the ride height sensor is the control, and given the list of replacement parts not much left except the wires, unless a bad compressor was replaced with another bad one. It happens?? good luck
2008 Ford Crown Victoria P71 4.6-2v
Upgrades /Mo's /1/2ShaftTB /P&PIntake /Steeda /Steering /Brakes /Suspension /Driveline /Rear-Axle3.55TL /BodySuspension-EnergySuspension /Interior /LTC-Leather /200Amp-Powerdistrabution-System /AuxBattery /SonyBluetooth /

#3463905 - 12/08/16 11:47 AM Re: About ready to convert to coils...banging my head [Re: SFDE56]
RF_Overlord Online   content

Poobah

Loc: MA
Originally Posted By SFDE56
If I leaned in through window and turned ignition, nothing happened,
Nothing WILL happen unless a door is opened and closed.

It looks like you've replaced everything but the RAS module behind the glove box. It's the only thing left besides the wiring.
Trilogy Motorsports supercharged #61
Too many mods to list / Driveway Queen

'11 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition (Black)

'00 Grand Marquis GS (Silver)
Rotted frame and broken transmission crossmember
Being resurrected...slowly.

#3464001 - 12/08/16 01:02 PM Re: About ready to convert to coils...banging my head [Re: SFDE56]
SFDE56 Offline
Rookie

They said the module is good... but I never know what they did to check. I am going to have a group call with Service manager and the lead mechanic tomorrow as a last ditch effort before I convert to the coils. I think it is pride and enormous frustration that makes me not want to convert.

If it is only another $200 to solve the problem I would do it...Because if I don't fix it now I have a car that had front end damage, no air suspension and the RAS light on the dash.

p.s. Does anyone have the correct info for disabling the RAS light on a 2005 LX sport? I can not find specifics.

#3464009 - 12/08/16 01:07 PM Re: About ready to convert to coils...banging my head [Re: SFDE56]
Chaplian Offline

Insert witty title here
Poobah

Loc: Chicago, IL
When the compressor was replaced, was the drier also replaced?

The drier on mine has a broken tab and wouldn't seat correctly into the compressor. It ran finish for a while, but eventually got bad enough that 9/10 times the car would just drop and not pump back up.

Made me scratch my head quite a bit.

2011 Crown Vic LX- 78,xxx.
2003 Crown Vic HPP- 235,xxx miles. Retired.
1995 Impala SS- 29xxx miles. The Lovely Lady
2003 BMW 325i Wagon- 8250 RPM redline. Complete M3 drivetrain, suspension, and electronics. Taylor Swift.
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatchback- 90,xxxx miles. 2.5L, fully loaded. The Daily Grind.

#3464145 - 12/08/16 02:33 PM Re: About ready to convert to coils...banging my head [Re: SFDE56]

Poobah

I think it is pride and enormous frustration that makes me not want to convert.
Amen, brother...I'm the same way.

"There's no way this machine is smarter than I am!"

#3501338 - 01/08/17 06:51 PM Re: About ready to convert to coils...banging my head [Re: SFDE56]
SFDE56 Offline
Rookie

I switched to Arnott coil conversion...sad because of loss of RAS feature...more sad is the wasted money on air suspension parts and labor that did not fix it...even more where is the info for 05 RAS Mmodule wirING diagram thar I can remove the dash light pin....if I can get that check RAS light off!?!? I am going to plea to Ford next month if I can not do it myself.

They are supposed to do recall of LCM...

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by SFDE56 (01/08/17 06:52 PM)

#3501890 - 01/09/17 12:18 PM Re: About ready to convert to coils...banging my head [Re: SFDE56]

Poobah

Sorry it came to that, brah. I know how disappointing things like this can be...having to "settle" for a less-desirable outcome.

even more where is the info for 05 RAS Mmodule wirING diagram thar I can remove the dash light pin....
Unfortunately, I believe everything in your year communicates over CANBUS; there is no "on/off" like in previous years, so there's no magic pin or single wire you can remove. My money says you'll have to open the dash cluster and remove the bulb/LED.

Who's Online
2 registered (Ethanb538, LTC_Dave), 129 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Dmblanch 33
Old_Guy_Stu 32
RF_Overlord 31
speedfreak 27
Bellwestern80 25
LordAeneas 23
PrincePolaris 20
a_d_a_m 17
GM_Guy 16
Traffic22 15
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!