Yesterday morning I had a bad surprise - I couldn't start my CV
. Previous evening I started it with no problems when I had to move it to plow parking lot.
1. Engine cranks, seems to be close to start but it doesn't.
2. Fuel pump is working ok.
3. I think there is adequate pressure at fuel rail (gas shoots strong from shraeder valve when pressed)
I did a pretty deep search on various forums and made a list of possible causes of "crank no start" situation
1. Bad or dirty crankshaft position sensor
- seems to be the best explanation so far
2. Clogged fuel filter
- not here? gas goes strong to fuel rail
- last change was 35K miles ago so I will do it tommorrow anyways
3. Bad alternator
- no idea
- related? - I had headlights and interior lights (probably all lights) flickering for last 2 weeks, sometimes shutting off - switch seems to be dying, goes in and back very hard and only auto lights seem to work ok.
4. Clogged fuel injectors
- no idea
5. Bad fuel pump
- not here? I can hear it priming plus there is pressure at fuel rail
6. Drained battery
- all lights work ok, I gave it a jump but it didn't change anything
7. Clogged fuel rail
- not here? - pressing shraeder valve makes a nice shoot
8. Dirty IAC valve
- had it cleaned some 30K miles ago
- I will have it cleaned again tomorrow
9. Starter solenoid or starter/wire
- this case would be "no start no crank", right?
10. Damaged wire located over transmission filter
- I have read it somewhere, no idea what it is?
11. Gunked battery terminals or broken battery wiring
- not here? all lights work good, engine cranks strong
Right now I am working om Crankshaft Position Sensor. I am pretty sure I found it right
I took the flywheel out to access it easier. I managed to break that small bolt that holds it (8 or 9mm)
CPS only goes out so far and then there is AC compressor that as I understand, has to be taken out
1. How do I do it not to release any freon?
2. What other maintenance can I do having fan out (belt, tensioner?)
3. What should I do when it won't start with new CPS?
I appreciate all advice and help!