well, i was driving my 88 crown vic and hit a small pot hole or SOMETHING, im still not sure what.. i kept driving because it sounded minor, and slammed on my brakes cause i almost hit someone.. my brake light came on, but the brakes were still ok, it seemed. at a stoplight someone yelled at me, "YOURE LEAKING GAS LIKE CRAZY!" so i pulled over and turned off my car. gas was POURING out pretty rapidly.. luckily i only had about an 8th of a tank of gas. i didnt have money for a tow, so i decided to start the car again and drive it to a lot thats free on a weekend. i can work on it a little bit at the lot, and i bought a gas tank repair kit (fiberglass patch and epoxy). im not sure how to fix the brakes, though.. and i need to get the car home by sunday night.

the gas tank has a hole in it on the passenger side, which will hopefully be easily patched with this kit. and maybe ill have enough gas or fumes left to drive home the 2 miles away that my house is.. thats a minor problem

now my brakes, on the other hand.. there's a hole in the brake line on the driver's side under the driver's door. there seems to still be a lot of brake fluid in the fluid reservoir under the hood, and we put the brakes on with the car in neutral and they responded a bit. i'd rather work on the car at home in the garage instead of a parking lot.. how do i fix a hole in the brake line exactly, and whats the diameter of the brake line on the drivers side under the drivers door? what are the steps to replacing it, and do you think i could drive two miles (mostly flat or up hill) back to my driveway just losing a little bit of brake fluid each way? once my car was in the parking lot brake fluid dripped out for a couple minutes, but it wasnt pouring out like the gas tank.. and when we tested the brakes, at first they went all the way to the floor, but the 2nd time i pressed them it didnt seem to leak and they stopped the car (although it was only going 2 mph or so..). maybe i could drive home slowly with my hazards on and my left foot on the parking brake... ugh.. please respond ASAP. thanks. - bill