46,433 Registered Members
Most users ever online: 609 @ 01/15/20 05:03 PM
POTM June 2021 - av8or1's 2010 Crown Victoria
The 5-O's history:
- Began life as a TEXAS Highway Patrol (THP) vehicle.
- Served in the Laredo, TEXAS area (according to the limited CarFax info I obtained).
- Was retired, sat for (reportedly and approximately) 6 months.
- Sold at auction in early 2016 to a local dealer.
- I purchased it from that dealer.
It is my current daily driver and has been since the day I purchased it in 2016, save the time it was in for paint and the subsequent buffing.
- Funny story regarding her name. My wife actually didn't want a former police vehicle of any sort. So she was against the idea. However I had wanted one for quite a while, even prior to our meeting, so I pressed ahead with it. Put in over a year of research and hunting, in fact. Just after the 5-O was ours, we referred to her as "The Siren Mobile", "Bacon" and a few others. But nothing stuck. Time passed. One night my wife watched an episode of the original Hawaii Five-O series (from the 60s/70s). She then hummed the theme song for approximately 5 days straight and what a joy it was to listen to it for those 5 days. However she did so primarily when we were driving around in our new CVPI. I mistakenly thought that she connected the two and was giving me grief (ergo sheeet) because we were carting ourselves around in a former police car that she didn't want. As it would turn out, the two were coincidental and she had actually accepted the idea by that point. However I didn't know that at the time and thought she was messing with me. We discussed it sometime later, laughed and summarily dubbed her "The 5-O". She's been known as such ever since.
Much, much more here.
POTM May 2021 - Traffic22's 2011 Crown Victoria
2011 P7B Lemons Race Car
She started life as a San Joaquin Co. Sheriff's Patrol car. About 75k miles into service, she was converted to a "Custody K9" car. I obtained her from a local auction house and set out to make her a race car for the 24 Hours of Lemons series.
She has competed in one race, finishing 50 out of 132 overall and 21 out of 63 in her class.
Some info about the car:
Full interior removal.
Full welded in roll cage attached to frame.
Pyrotech Kill Switch
Double pull handle 8 nozzle fire suppression system
Poly rear windows with NACA ducts and cooling vents.
Mostly stock, with Monroe Police spec shocks and struts.
CHE Performance Rear control arms and Watts link on order.
ADTR Sway bars on order
(Future) RideTech Coilover system
J-Mod and Valve Body rebuild in progress
Stock condenser and trans cooler removed and replaced with Derale Trans cooler.
2010 Mustang take offs 18x8
Carbotech RP24 front pads, XP10 Rear
Previous Raybestos R300 rotors. Now: PowerStop drilled and Slotted rotors.
Painted with Chalkboard Paint (So other racers can "decorate" the car.
POTM April 2021 - VoodooChild's 2011 Crown Victoria
2011 CVPI P7B
Former Newton Police department patrol car
Bought at 89k, currently at 126k
12k idle hours
Gear ratio upgraded from 3.27 to 3.55
P & P stock plenum, 75mm TB coming soon
Big Gulp intake mod
HVAC aluminum insulation tape on zip tube
Autolite double platinum spark plugs
Moog sway bar end links and bushings
Mevotech Supreme control arms
Trans pan swap w/ drain plug
Wix filters all around
Painted OEM wheel covers (Graphite)
6D Carbon fiber wrapped dash and console accents
Refurbished seat covers and cushions
LED dome & Backup lights
RKE enabled, Dark mode turned off through Forscan
PLZ MP-900 7” touchscreen stereo with 10 band EQ, backup camera
Infinity Reference 6x8 door speakers, Alpine 6x9 rear deck speakers
SoundStorm 400w amp, Rockville 800w 10” powered sub
Front and rear facing dash cam
I use this car as a DD and it pretty much doubles as a work truck.
My mods are basically an attempt to modernize the aging but legendary Panther platform while preserving the functionality and utility that made it so prolific.
Having been driven down many a dirt road on my way to hike and hunt, she’s no highway queen. But even with the 12k idle hours, compression is strong. Seems to be a lot of life left in the motor and trans.