- Purchased with 93,xxx miles, now has 137,xxx.
- When I first met The 5-O, she had about 1,5xx idle hours. Almost four years later there are 1,8xx idle hours.
- Standard police package, 3.27s in the rear, lights and antennas on the roof and trunk, custom paint from the factory for the TEXAS Highway Patrol (THP).
- Replaced front windshield.
- Complete re-spray of the entire car, to include the door jambs and inner portion of the doors.
- Removal of existing window tinting, installation of newer style tint (purportedly).
- Installation of window deflectors all 'round. First vehicle I've owned with that. Didn't how how we'd like it but as it turns out we very much do!
- Changed all fluids immediately after purchase: oil, transmission, diff, wiper, brake, power steering, coolant.
- New rotors and pads all 'round.
- New plugs all 'round.
- Consistent oil changes, tranny fluid still looks good. 'Prolly due for a change to err on the side of caution.
- New battery a couple of months later.
- New fuel pump.
- Replaced air filter that fall. Did the fuel filter while I was at it.
- Upgraded the wheels to 01-02 LX Sport, not knowing at the time that there was a difference. A local wheel shop (all they do is wheels) told me "there was only one." Uh no, there were two.
- New tires all around to go on the 01-02 wheels.
- Sold those wheels and bought a set of 03+ LX Sport wheels from a fellow CVNer. Swapped the still-like-new tires from the 01-02s, naturally, and put them on the 03+s. Still running the 03+ wheels and tires today. Rotation every 5k miles.
- Purchased a "lifetime" alignment and had the first installment thereof done now that the "permanent" wheels were installed. Used it twice since. Most recent was March 2020.
- Replaced the front sway bar bushings, drop links and front/rear shocks
- Replaced the front seats with 2011 versions, as I preferred the larger headrests. For whatever reason. Don't know why, can't explain. Just do. And seeing as those existed that year only, I bought a second set of 2011 seats. And traded the original hubcaps for a third pair of 2011 headrests. Yeah. I did that.
- Rampage center console
- Due to parking lot rash, replaced the pax side mirror twice. The first repair/replacement can be seen here: First pax side mirror replacement
Second time is here: And another
- Have slowly been acquiring backup parts for The Five-O over many salvage yard runs. We have spare doors, spare mirrors, spare fenders, spare hood, spare trunk, engine parts, tranny parts, too-many hardware bits, etc. In addition, we now have a spare set of steelies. And those spare seats and headrests, lest I forget.
- New rear bumper cover after more parking lot rash.
- New driver's side A pillar trim to replace the original one that still had its spotlight hole.
- New B pillar trim for both sides
to replace the existing ones that had been scratched up quite a bit from her law enforcement days
- Replaced the gauge cluster bezel
(gonna need to re-do this at some point)
- New spare tire cover