Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Headlights by GoldPanther @ Today at 06:38 AM

they look nice but just a heads up, you will lose lighting output with those if that's a concern. I say get those and retrofit a projector and be the king of the road.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: A very odd A/C issue need help!!! by Rootintootin @ Today at 06:19 AM

I would go snooping around in the BOK. There are a lot of write-ups on this subject. Some will be located in the General Info section, some in the Powertrain section, some in the Body and Interior section. Also, if you don't have this, there is a lo
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2005 P71 Transmission Towing Build by Blue_p71 @ Today at 12:09 AM

I tow with my bone stock panther about once a week for work. The boats range from 1500-3000lbs. Its definitely a 60-65 mph experience and no more. Keep overdrive off or the band will fry. I probably have around 7,000 towing miles. Plenty of trips fro
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Inflated P71 Auction Prices by Tenevic_P71 @ Yesterday at 09:33 PM

Just paid $1200 for a white 06 CV with transmission issues included.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by tc092 @ Yesterday at 09:30 PM

Finish the axle swap on my Grand Marquis that I had been thinking about since August, prepping since January, and had started on Saturday. The pep from the 3.55 put a big smile on my face
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: "Old cars" used to be clunkers by RABOttawa @ Yesterday at 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By DmblanchI had the misfortune to hit adulthood in the worst time for cars.... the late 70's. Everything was crap that wouldn't last. Got my first car at 16 in 1976, a hand me down VW Beetle that was stll only a '73 model year.
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Aluminum Radiator for a 2011? by kythri @ Yesterday at 04:35 PM

Yup, sorry, all-aluminum. I'll peruse the offerings on eBay. Was just surprised, radiatorexpress.com carries all-aluminum models for my Explorer, my Super Duty, my Expedition, but only a stock (with plastic tanks) model for my Vic. I bought an all
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Reputable Transmission Builders? by CrystalPistol @ Yesterday at 03:52 PM

Probably
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right NOW!? by bluejay_32 @ Yesterday at 03:43 PM

Fun fact: Queen's music was so popular they named an immortal elderly British woman after them.
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: 89 no hot start by Old_Guy_Stu @ Yesterday at 02:00 PM

Could just be flooded. The EEC-IV is pretty slow to react, so if you're hooning around and immediately shut down, it will have been fairly rich when you shut it off. Normal restart will put fuel in on top of what didn't get burned, even more if it co
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: CVLX feels quicker after new rear springs? by Danger2manifold @ Yesterday at 11:21 AM

Hey magic, Sorry about that! Here's a quick photo I shot yesterday for you: Looks like this Again, the rear sits a little bit lower than the front, but my trunk always has about 100 lb of stuff in it, so that's more on me than the springs
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Low mileage P71 with bad PCM, run away or buy? by AlleyG @ Yesterday at 09:54 AM

Run away. I wouldn't trust a stranger's diagnoses. What if it's not the PCM? And if it is the PCM, why didn't they just replace it? It sounds like the low miles could be from the car sitting with this issue that they couldn't figure out. Al
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: in service vics by Rainbowpizza @ Yesterday at 07:30 AM

I know a LEO that got in a crash (other car was on his/her phone) and he is in a loaner Vic, so I guess that's one way to use them.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Floating stereo screen by Dmblanch @ Yesterday at 03:02 AM

China now makes these units in a new 9" intermediate size. I've never tried it, but it might be a good size to fit between those awkward Crown Vic dash bezels. Also, it's best to go for the unit with the most memory and highest release version
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: Jerry's Crown Victorias by av8or1 @ 05/16/21 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By Old_Guy_StuSkidplate's a good find! Maybe sandwich a bracket between the rack and its retaining nut? Looks like you've got plenty of thread to do that. Yeah I was kinda excited to have come across it. When I think back on all o
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Asking for streetable clutch ideas .. by 2004_p71 @ 05/16/21 09:23 PM

The clutch cable routing, cable lubrification, fire wall brace aligment all play a role on the stiffness of the pedal . Pedals were always a compromise . If the clutch pedal was left alone people were complaining that it looked awkward and out of p
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone here running Dynomax Ultra Flo SS? by 2004_p71 @ 05/16/21 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By Big_PimpinDo they make them in a case longer than 14"? If so that would be my choice. Even with the short case my experience with them on other cars is at WOT they will announce themselves. At idle and part throttle not obno
FoMoCo News
Jump to new posts Newly Released GT 40 Development Documents by Moby_Vic @ 05/16/21 08:59 PM

https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/2020/12/gt40-development-.html
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: [02 MGM LS HPP] Front springs for Bilstein B6s? by CrystalPistol @ 05/16/21 03:16 PM

I never thought then to photo a perfectly set up height shot of front, this is best I have now of our Mercury and my then (in 2002) issued 2000 CVPI. The push bar really was NOT all that heavy. Only other extra weight in front was a siren/pa speake
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Retrofit rear center shoulder belt into an '02 CV by 2007CrownVic @ 05/16/21 01:40 PM

The metal is always reinforced where the belts bolt in, you can't just start start drilling holes and bolting parts in. I haven't had the carpeted cover off in a long time but the metal might also be bent down around where it bolts in. The best way t
Finds - eBay, CL, Wherever
Jump to new posts Re: Official Craigslist/eBay/other finds megathread by GrumpMarky @ 05/16/21 12:42 PM

Pretty pricey! But I guess all cars are running high now.
Who's Online
3 registered (GrumpMarky, White Falcon LS, 1 invisible), 43 Guests and 236 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
CrystalPistol 286
bluejay_32 163
Old_Guy_Stu 109
JeffBoudah 96
Moby_Vic 76
a_d_a_m 76
Dmblanch 62
Ponyguy 61
DudeAbides 47
RF_Overlord 43
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!