Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: Stock radio troubleshooting by Old_Guy_Stu @ 9 minutes 0 seconds ago

The premium-sound speakers were phenomenal by 1988 standards, and they're still pretty good today. If you're upgrading the fronts with factory wiring, beware: They're 8-ohm speakers, wired in parallel. Nobody makes 8-ohm speakers anymore, so if you
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 05 GMG lost oil pressure coolant in oil by 1MM0RT4LP3NGU1N @ 13 minutes 47 seconds ago

Well after looking more it looks like oil in the coolant as well now. Started it for a few minutes and everything seemed fine until it warms up...about 5 minutes then oil pressure drops. On my way home now with mechanical oil pressure gauge and com
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Youtube chase videos by Enitalp @ 29 minutes 5 seconds ago

Hi I was just watching (yeah i know) a video about the crown on youtube and the video started with a compilation of cops cars smashing into people cars, and suddenly i asked myself : Is it harder to find a front bumper for a crown vic than a back bum
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: 89 CV Cruiser/ Sleeper Chassis Help Needed by Old_Guy_Stu @ Today at 10:32 AM

Ideas if you're gonna drag race it: Aluminum donut spare wheels up front with decent rubber. They're 16x4 and weigh nothing. Ditch the front bumper and rubber snood for a ghetto-gasser look that'll save 30 pounds.
Finds - eBay, CL, Wherever
Jump to new posts Re: Official Craigslist/eBay/other finds megathread by Old_Guy_Stu @ Today at 10:27 AM

Somebody will pay that. It's probably the best boxy Colonic Park in the world.
Finds - eBay, CL, Wherever
Jump to new posts Re: Cream puff P73 on eBay by GrumpMarky @ Today at 10:22 AM

The marks have to be put on in a sloppy hasty way, or it won't look official...
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Inflated P71 Auction Prices by 2007CrownVic @ Today at 10:05 AM

The only real issue Charger wise is the high cost of the cam failure problem but if you do it yourself it can be done for well under $3,000 and surprisingly there are owners who've done little to no engine work before able to do it on their own. The
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts LTC clock wiring by 66lincoln @ Today at 10:01 AM

I have a Lincoln Town Car clock with a six pin connection that I would like to turn into a desk clock. Manufacture date is 6/29/2002. Part #VP3W1F-15000-AD. It has a six pin connector on back. Anyone have the wiring diagram for this? I was hoping t
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
It's supposed to require pressing the brake pedal. There are two possible causes. Brake switch failed and is stuck closed (there's two sets of contacts, one for lights, the other for interlock). Interlock solenoid is stuck open. You can test the for
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by GrumpMarky @ Today at 09:04 AM

Originally Posted By LTC_DaveOriginally Posted By GrumpMarkyWhat happened? It seems to be a common issue on Fords from that era. It looked to me like there was a scrape of wrinkle going across the front edge, as if something might have happened
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: Full suspension build by a_d_a_m @ Today at 08:44 AM

Nice parts list there. Did you order an X-Cal so you can tune the car for the 3.73s?
Events
Jump to new posts Re: June 6-12 2021 - Hot Rod Power Tour by a_d_a_m @ Today at 07:43 AM

I seriously doubt it'll happen; with 100 days to go there's probably not enough time to plan it.
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: Been here awhile but got new car by 620Vic @ Today at 07:17 AM

Test
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 engine replacement questions by 2004_p71 @ Today at 07:00 AM

I always pull the engine and trans together too. A bit more works but easier to work after .
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Best fitting aftermarket tail lights by 620Vic @ Today at 06:14 AM

Looking for a good set of smoked tail lights. Any options that fit as well as factory?
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Newbie question, 2003 MGM front end by John396 @ Today at 12:47 AM

Nice. Thanks David...I appreciate all the finer details
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right NOW!? by LTC_Dave @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: There's one born every minute... by Joebob @ Yesterday at 10:53 PM

Thank you. I was planning to use brass freeze plugs; that's what started the whole mess with the old engine. I was thinking the larger one would probably be malleable enough, just wanted a little reassurance, or a warning if I was wrong. I was thi
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: 2006 P71 LCM part number by Davidzq @ Yesterday at 09:10 PM

The p71 and civilian vic/MGM LCMs are completely identical. Though the p71 LCM will usually have Dark Mode enabled in the programming (stops dome light from coming on when doors are opened). Your part number is specifically the 07 LCM, but it is bac
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: new to both vics, and driving. by Dmblanch @ Yesterday at 09:04 PM

In a way, I both envy you and pity you. There's something to be said for having your first car be a dog which forces you have to work on it all the time. My first car was a 73 superbeetle and I got to know it top to bottom. Then I went through a s
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: Noob in Canada, Qc by 2004_p71 @ Yesterday at 07:54 PM

Il me semble cher un peu mais il est aussi tres beau .
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Parasitic drain issue by CrystalPistol @ Yesterday at 06:13 PM

How old is the battery? The PATS draws and flashes the light on the dash, do the spikes noted coincide maybe? I've never checked draw, but I know it will draw a good battery down over long periods, I would expect it to draw a weaker one down faster
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Goodyear acquires Cooper Tire by bluejay_32 @ Yesterday at 03:22 PM

We had a Road Force balancer at the Buick dealership. The only tires that ever had road force issues were Goodyears. I bought some cheap, $30 no-name I forget what brand tires to put on whatever piece of [censored] my aunt had at the time. Not a sing
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Tapping noise 95 grand marquis by Kw1219 @ Yesterday at 02:45 PM

Thank you! I'll let you know what I find when I start taking things apart.
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: "Guten Tag" from Germany by 2004_p71 @ Yesterday at 01:43 PM

that is a pretty neat way to do the rear fog mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Who's Online
7 registered (bobb, HDmech, Chsecar, a_d_a_m, Old_Guy_Stu, 1 invisible), 76 Guests and 243 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
CrystalPistol 329
bluejay_32 318
a_d_a_m 229
Rainbowpizza 159
DudeAbides 145
JeffBoudah 120
Moby_Vic 101
Old_Guy_Stu 83
BigNSlow 70
Ponyguy 62
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!