Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Reputable Transmission Builders? by Lance01 @ 28 minutes 43 seconds ago

The Monster transmission company is horrible! They are an outright scam. Just no! Here is what I would do. Since you're trying to get on the road asap find a ultra low milage transmission out of a junkyard that is already pulled. I did a quick lo
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Oil pressure sending unit - which one? - Help!!!! by 2007CrownVic @ 47 minutes 22 seconds ago

All the listings for them seem to be with gauge so it shouldn't matter what one you get. Use permatex thread sealer. It works better then teflon tape.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by BlackNFast @ Today at 10:44 AM

Well it was yesterday,but Warshed the Merc real good and it was the Middle school dance so took my daughter and 2 of her friends to the school,haha..they loved it!! Lopey cammed S/c whining Merc grabbed some attention.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2004 PI Zip Tube on a 03 Vic by GoldPanther @ Today at 10:41 AM

Originally Posted By White Falcon LSIt'll fit, but you won't see much benefit to it unless you get a bigger MAF with a tune. A 70 mm throttle body and ported plenum would be a bonus. As far as the tune goes, I would suggest contacting Marty. Doe
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Oil pressure sending unit - which one? - Help!!!! by GoldPanther @ Today at 10:36 AM

if your concern is just the leak you should have just buy a roll of thread sealer and reinstall your current sensor. https://www.amazon.com/Teflon-Thread-Seal-Tape-White/dp/B01DMNPXKI
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: CVLX feels quicker after new rear springs? by magic @ Today at 10:13 AM

Thanks I appreciate it! And Would love to see pictures of the car and how it sits
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2004 PI Zip Tube on a 03 Vic by White Falcon LS @ Today at 09:49 AM

It'll fit, but you won't see much benefit to it unless you get a bigger MAF with a tune. A 70 mm throttle body and ported plenum would be a bonus. As far as the tune goes, I would suggest contacting Marty.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Look what I found by kyle656 @ Today at 09:08 AM

The ball joints in question has been repaired! The Vic runs very well and I have discovered the following have been done to it by the previous owner.. Intake plenum from Ford. 4 COPS replaced (Will do the rest shortly) New Alternator New AC Compr
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Reputable Transmission Builders? by Rootintootin @ Today at 08:03 AM

Have you touched base with moderator 88grandmarq? He does them. I believe he's in Ga. He might help you decide the best path. Look for a link to him under the Quick Reply box, you could pm him.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Reputable Transmission Builders? by WhyNot @ Today at 04:31 AM

Hello fellow members, Kindly advise on the reputable transmission builder/supplier for my 2005 MGM LS (Illinois/Greater Chicago Area or nationwide). The original tranny heroically died at 179K despite the regular service schedule; not bad at all, bu
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts 2004 PI Zip Tube on a 03 Vic by DOUROS81 @ Yesterday at 11:15 PM

I finely picked up a 04 PI Zip Tube today for my Vic. Do I just need a 03/04 Marauder MAF to make it work ? Should I worry about getting a new throttle body ? Also, who is the best for getting a tune on them ? Thanks I inherited my Uncles/Dads 03
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: Adding Traction Control to 07 CVPI by Sheltered @ Yesterday at 11:02 PM

Right, I know this topic is pretty dead, but it seems to be a wealth of knowledge regarding a topic that really seems to split the jury. My 2011 CVPI has a failed ABS module, and rather than replace it with another junkyard non-TCS part, I figure I
North Central
Jump to new posts Re: NE Ohio: let's do something by GrumpMarky @ Yesterday at 02:59 PM

Yah I'm here I'll be doing cruise ins this year again, like last year, especially Lake County ones.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: transmission cooler lines leaking by RipWixomAssembly @ Yesterday at 01:50 PM

Holy cow, this thread coming up is a blast from the past
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: Looking at an 04 LX Sport but it's...different by ScottH @ Yesterday at 11:55 AM

Thanks for the help guys but it got sold this morning before I had the chance to get back to the dealer.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right NOW!? by Rainbowpizza @ Yesterday at 10:43 AM

Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right NOW!? by bluejay_32 @ Yesterday at 10:36 AM

Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts New to the forum, but not to Ford/Mercury... by Kitulu @ Yesterday at 10:24 AM

Hello all, joined up last week when I finalized the purchase of my '05 GM. I actually bought it long-distance from Germany, through my Dad, and it is now sitting in my Dad's garage, waiting for me to PCS back home in a few months. I also currently
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: "Guten Tag" from Germany by Kitulu @ Yesterday at 10:18 AM

Originally Posted By GRMN_CVHy everyone, I am new to this forum and not yet a CV owner. But hope this will change soon 😉 I am currently looking for a CV PI with street appearance pack. Thing is, I live in Germany and want to import one of those.
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: New member from Poland by Mick73 @ Yesterday at 09:25 AM

It looks much better with push bar and it is safer, but it's not 100% legal ;-) It is explained that it is original American equipment...
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: New member from Poland by Mick73 @ Yesterday at 09:12 AM

In Europe, Crown Victoria attracts attention as the same, and in police painting several times more ... Polish police drive various ordinary cars manufactured in Europe, mainly KIA, OPEL, BMW - to traffic offenders... https://www.google.com/search?q
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by Old_Guy_Stu @ Yesterday at 08:31 AM

Touched up the door hinges (yesterday, when it was sunny): After setting the door gaps (2019) the paint had chipped and was starting to rust. Me no likey rust. Also got rid of the cardboard junk box: Replaced with a proper tool box: Which is hone
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2005 tailshaft by 2011LX @ Yesterday at 08:27 AM

Originally Posted By hkerekesOriginally Posted By bigdaddydaamco rebuilt and new tail with 2 u joints = $2800 UGH!!! You can get a built 500+ hp trans, and an aluminum driveshaft for less than that. You got boned. Could have also bought about 7
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by a_d_a_m @ Yesterday at 08:17 AM

Waxed the Marauder and put it back in the garage...
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right NOW!? by a_d_a_m @ Yesterday at 08:17 AM

Originally Posted By CrystalPistol two versions, I think both are good, but I think I like the second best. There's not a bad version of that song.
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12 >
Who's Online
4 registered (GrumpMarky, Rootintootin, magic, 1 invisible), 65 Guests and 236 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
CrystalPistol 209
bluejay_32 172
Old_Guy_Stu 102
JeffBoudah 61
Moby_Vic 59
Ponyguy 57
a_d_a_m 54
Dmblanch 53
Bangster 40
TheCableGuy 39
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!