Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Inflated P71 Auction Prices by GM_Guy @ Yesterday at 04:00 PM

Thats all we can do is see where it goes. Who guessed that 60s muscle cars would at some point demand 6 figure asking prices. - As for panthers, I appreciate the car for what it is, but I don't see it as a car that should (it could) demand luxury
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: Noob from STL (soon to be AZ) by M_P_A @ Yesterday at 03:58 PM

I'll start doing my research on what years I'd like to focus on but I can't argue with your logic re: the occasional dealer visit
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: Noob from STL (soon to be AZ) by 2011LX @ Yesterday at 03:39 PM

It's probably not smart to consider the "don't want to take it to the dealer" argument. Yeah, the canbus cars might need a dealer for only very specific, limited repairs. The chances that you'd run into that scenario are quite low. Imag
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by GrumpMarky @ Yesterday at 03:32 PM

What scale is that? Nice work!
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 P71 Changing Sparkplugs Questions by GM_Guy @ Yesterday at 03:31 PM

Some will argue, but the old school finger tight + 1/8th of a turn works out to be the correct torque.
Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: CP's West pics by M_P_A @ Yesterday at 03:23 PM

That's a great color!
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: New Idler Arm Arrived Yay. No Hardware GAAH! by TXCurbster @ Yesterday at 03:22 PM

I was able to make the thin bushing. The old part came off easy. the inner sleeve was stuck to the drag link stud but it slid off pretty easy. I had to dress up the mounting holes a little for it to slide onto the frame bolts. It drives so much be
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Inflated P71 Auction Prices by 2011LX @ Yesterday at 03:09 PM

Only specific cars from every era became collectible. Not all of them. Not many care about collecting Checker cabs, which the panther platform is essentially a modern version of. The restoration business for Dodge Polaras, 4 door Biscaynes, Galaxies
Jump to new posts Re: Brief smoke while stopped by mkpctv @ Yesterday at 02:47 PM

Got it. I'm still kind of shook up being my car has only 81,000 miles and that i baby it but still dealing with these kind of failures already...
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Changing front crankshaft seal by dixiebandit69 @ Yesterday at 02:42 PM

Put it in flush, but if you accidentally push it back an extra little bit, don't worry about it. In my experience, getting it to go in straight is the bigger hassle.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by Dmblanch @ Yesterday at 02:20 PM

Today I finished repainting the Crown Vic model my son gave me for Christmas to match my signature car. I don't know where he found it because it was in a wrongly marked CHiP box for a Ford Explorer, but it's actually sort of a hybrid Marauder/P71 m
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: Noob from STL (soon to be AZ) by M_P_A @ Yesterday at 02:18 PM

Thanks for the info - I was looking at 03+ but maybe I'll limit it to 2008 since i really don't want to take it to a dealer for anything. Part of why I'm waiting is I figure the AZ cars should be cleaner than the ones I can find here in MO.
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Performance ECUs for modular V8 by shipracer @ Yesterday at 02:15 PM

Marty is the man
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: Noob from STL (soon to be AZ) by Dmblanch @ Yesterday at 01:39 PM

I agree with both Sam and Adam, prices on decent MGM's in my area (Utah) are going easily in the $5 to $8k range without much blinking. I have a mechanically solid 2006 GS with a great leather interior in peeling white paint that I'm prepping for
Jump to new posts Re: Brief smoke while stopped by RF_Overlord @ Yesterday at 12:35 PM

I've never heard of URO either. It's likely another Dorman clone, as most of the off-brand ones are, which means it's a poor replacement in term of lost performance. Definitely get a FRPP or OEM.
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: Noob from STL (soon to be AZ) by SocalSam @ Yesterday at 12:09 PM

Welcome. Get the best example you can find and don't worry about overpaying a little. It will be worth it in the long run. Year and model make a difference. While all of them are easy to work on, there are some differences that may be important.
Jump to new posts Re: Brief smoke while stopped by SocalSam @ Yesterday at 11:02 AM

Ford Racing manifold has separate gaskets which IMO are better than intakes with built in gaskets. This is why Dorman are so cheap. Never heard of URO but I looked at some pictures and it does not appear to have separate gaskets. Spend the extra m
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: Noob from STL (soon to be AZ) by M_P_A @ Yesterday at 10:54 AM

Thanks for the welcome and info - most of the higher mileage ones I've seen (120k or so) were around $5k so I'm going to try to keep it in that range but I guess I will also look at the lower mileage ones too.
Jump to new posts Re: Brief smoke while stopped by mkpctv @ Yesterday at 10:32 AM

I got a URO brand manifold those any good?
Southwest
Jump to new posts Re: Hello from PHX Arizona by M_P_A @ Yesterday at 10:30 AM

Future PHX resident here and future panther owner too - those Mustang wheels look great on the car!
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right NOW!? by bluejay_32 @ Yesterday at 10:28 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pafY6sZt0FE
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: Noob from STL (soon to be AZ) by a_d_a_m @ Yesterday at 10:21 AM

A 2004 MGM with low miles at $8k isn't that bad of a deal anymore, honestly. Anyway, welcome to CVN.
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Noob from STL (soon to be AZ) by M_P_A @ Yesterday at 10:10 AM

Hello Panther lovers! I'm new to the forums and although I've never had a Panther I am looking for one. I've had a bunch of cars - Fox body Mustangs, F-Bodies, 5 Miatas, a WRX, a C6 Corvette, a Fiesta ST, a Mk IV GTI and a bunch of other cars.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Trunk Separator ideas? by bluejay_32 @ Yesterday at 09:23 AM

Originally Posted By DmblanchEither way, fairmarket today on them is much higher. I found one online using gDMJoe's part number. $231.96 https://www.discountfordpartsfromsoundfo...aa-4562-acc.htm
The Classics
Jump to new posts Re: My 1950 Ford Custom by The_Cat_Of_Ages @ Yesterday at 08:38 AM

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >
Who's Online
4 registered (a_d_a_m, 3 invisible), 46 Guests and 83 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 70
SocalSam 63
Old_Guy_Stu 57
hot__box 56
a_d_a_m 54
2011CVPI 53
RF_Overlord 41
Dmblanch 38
GrumpMarky 37
hkerekes 33
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!