Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: 2006 MGM air suspension by JunkyardJerry @ Yesterday at 01:30 AM

Thanks. I am not one to hack something unnecessarily. I have had to rig a couple of things on this car (like the blend door actuator) but did not do any damage that would prevent someone from fixing it right if they chose to. This is a Performance Wh
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by SocalSam @ Yesterday at 12:52 AM

Mirror color caps are a nice touch. Fortunately, Arizona Beige is a long running color so MGM painted caps are not too hard to find.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by Dmblanch @ Yesterday at 12:31 AM

Warm spell here in Utah allowed me to do some garage priming and painting of the white 2006 MGM using my old rattle can method. About half the spots needed some more filler primer around the feathered edges for additional smoothing, but half were pr
Jump to new posts Re: 2006 MGM air suspension by Bellwestern80 @ 01/17/22 11:48 PM

The air suspension system is dumb simple, the Haynes manual is silly. The Lincoln system is similar to the Ford/Mercury lines, save for how I think the compressor mounts in the bracket and (at least in the case of the Aeros) the wiring to the ride
Caring for Your Car
Jump to new posts Typical parts to fail at certain mileage? by mkpctv @ 01/17/22 10:08 PM

Hi everyone. So in the last few months, I’ve had the ABS module fail, brake light switch burn out, master cylinder leak, which wound up possibly ruining the brake booster as well, and most recently the intake manifold leak under the thermostat hous
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Inflated P71 Auction Prices by hot__box @ 01/17/22 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By GM_GuyAnd you are right, no matter what the fanbois say, a panther platform is NOT a collector car. It'll be a curiosity car years down the road, it'll evolve to the next batch of old cars people buy that fall into what today p
Jump to new posts Re: 2006 MGM air suspension by JunkyardJerry @ 01/17/22 08:28 PM

Is the Lincoln system the same as the '06 MGM system? It says 1990-1997. I could not find the fuse for the air pump, the Haynes manual says the system is too difficult system for a home mechanic to work on, so it doesn't include any information about
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Changing front crankshaft seal by KYF350 @ 01/17/22 07:46 PM

Greetings folks, As I reported some time ago on the MGM in my signature, I had a leak that was ahead of the cross member and determined it to be the front crankshaft seal. I am in the process of changing that out now with a new OEM seal and new harm
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 P71 Changing Sparkplugs Questions by ironmarinebill64 @ 01/17/22 07:43 PM

...and, never, ever, ever, ever.... remove the old ones from a warm or hot engine.
Lizard Lounge
Originally Posted By 2007CrownVicWatch the towing, a car towing a big trailer like that or another vehicle is going to raise some eyebrows and could get you some tickets when you aren't able to show you're towing an allowable weight for the car and o
Lizard Lounge
Originally Posted By Bellwestern80Air shocks can definitely be ran if one wants to. The Boxes used air shocks for load leveling as an option with a compressor prior to the introduction of air springs in 1992 (or 1990 for Town Car). Manual filling t
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Thinking of buying another vic...few questions? by Bellwestern80 @ 01/17/22 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By 2007CrownVicWatch the towing, a car towing a big trailer like that or another vehicle is going to raise some eyebrows and could get you some tickets when you aren't able to show you're towing an allowable weight for the car and o
Jump to new posts Re: Brief smoke while stopped by mkpctv @ 01/17/22 04:58 PM

Got it on Dorman...I see there's ALL aluminum manifolds for these motors, are these more reliable than the plastic/aluminum ones?
Jump to new posts Re: Brief smoke while stopped by SocalSam @ 01/17/22 04:38 PM

Do not get Dorman. Overall, not difficult job. Book says EGR pipe needs to come out but the intake will slide past so leave it alone.
Newbie Junction
this makes me somewhat optimistic about finding a Panther when I move to AZ in June. Good luck with the car!
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 P71 Changing Sparkplugs Questions by Fordiesel69 @ 01/17/22 03:40 PM

15 ft lbs. No antiseize.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Burning Smell On Cold Start Only by Fordiesel69 @ 01/17/22 03:38 PM

Are you sure you are not experiancing phantosmia, or phantom smells? Exhaust smells like exhaust.......not burning? I would bet money it is the ex manifold gasket or EGR tube.
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 P71 4.6L 3V swap by Dmblanch @ 01/17/22 03:18 PM

This was such a tragic story, I had to go back and read the whole thread. My compliments to the OP for posting it all, because it's highly embarrassing to himself, yet he manned up and admitted his mistake. At first I wondered why the hell anyone w
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: A Slightly Different Tax Problem by 2007CrownVic @ 01/17/22 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By av8or1Yeah, the same tax-you-like-hell strategy applies in TEXAS. When you purchase a vehicle and re-register/title it in your name, you pay a sales tax that is the higher of the purchase price or what they claim is the "fa
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Inflated P71 Auction Prices by 2007CrownVic @ 01/17/22 02:50 PM

Originally Posted By GM_Guy And you are right, no matter what the fanbois say, a panther platform is NOT a collector car. It'll be a curiosity car years down the road, it'll evolve to the next batch of old cars people buy that fall into what to
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Thinking of buying another vic...few questions? by 2007CrownVic @ 01/17/22 02:38 PM

Watch the towing, a car towing a big trailer like that or another vehicle is going to raise some eyebrows and could get you some tickets when you aren't able to show you're towing an allowable weight for the car and open yourself up to a lawsuit if s
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Burning Smell On Cold Start Only by 2007CrownVic @ 01/17/22 02:32 PM

Metals expand a bit as tihngs warm up so it's more likely that the manifold or gasket is starting to seal itself at that point.
Jump to new posts Re: Brief smoke while stopped by mkpctv @ 01/17/22 02:05 PM

Ok verdict is a dreaded leaky intake manifold right under where the t-stat housing is (the part where the aluminum meets the plastic) Coolant is slowly trickling down the back of the manifold and dripping onto the exhaust header. Now I know what I’
Body and Interior
There is a method for fixing those armrest pull-aways involving duct tape and two part epoxy that DOESN'T involve separating that finicky piece. It's on youtube. I've used it, it works fine and has held up a year now.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 P71 Forced Idle? by Fordiesel69 @ 01/17/22 01:30 PM

Because you already replaced the throttle body, now replace the accelerator pedal assy. I would rather actually troubleshoot this than throw parts at it, but becuase you already spend the cash on the expensive throttle body and it didnt fix it, th
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >
Who's Online
1 registered (SocalSam), 42 Guests and 84 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 70
SocalSam 63
Old_Guy_Stu 57
hot__box 56
a_d_a_m 54
2011CVPI 53
RF_Overlord 41
Dmblanch 38
GrumpMarky 37
hkerekes 33
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!