Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Timing Chain Guide Affected Years by 2011LX @ 01/19/22 11:26 AM

There is no true cutoff. I think there was a TSB from way back when, but you have to take those with a grain of salt as they aren't necessarily gospel. They aren't always complete, don't always get updated. The design itself creates the risk, with t
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Timing Chain Guide Affected Years by ShaneT @ 01/19/22 10:59 AM

Hey all, I am a pretty paranoid person when it comes to anomalous noises coming from my car, and recently I believe I heard a ticking noise from my valve cover. I did a little research and seen that 00s - 03s have some issues with the timing chain gu
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: Noob from STL (soon to be AZ) by M_P_A @ 01/19/22 10:48 AM

Is there a post covering the intakes and how to identify them?
The Classics
Jump to new posts Re: My 1950 Ford Custom by The_Cat_Of_Ages @ 01/19/22 10:39 AM

the inside of the garage is taken up by my dads car, a 1985 monte carlo that has an 8.1 vortec swapped into it.
Box Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: New Pics after recent paint job by M_P_A @ 01/19/22 09:29 AM

that's a great looking wagon! Love the color
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Finally found my misfire!!! by Old_Guy_Stu @ 01/19/22 09:12 AM

Have a look at the pistons while you've got the head off. If they hit hard enough to bend valves, you might have dented or cracked pistons, too.
The Classics
Jump to new posts Re: My 1950 Ford Custom by GrumpMarky @ 01/19/22 05:03 AM

Shouldn't that be inside the garage?
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Finally found my misfire!!! by TheShadow @ 01/19/22 02:27 AM

Yes, valve guides are a replaceable part, as are the valve seats on the combustion side. I've had broken guides on the combustion side, but not on the cam side, so I can't speak to the difference in difficulty of replacement. Probably the same proc
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: Jerry's Crown Victorias by av8or1 @ 01/19/22 12:54 AM

DES - Alright, thank you for the feedback. Good to get a better idea of when the fender changes actually happened, as well as the changes therein. So the CC module was located there in the older models? Huh, interesting. Well I figured it had to
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: Noob from STL (soon to be AZ) by SocalSam @ 01/19/22 12:48 AM

PI heads have the same intake manifold so there is nothing to differentiate the years. I would say that buyers should learn how to tell if the intake has been replaced with a Dorman or other aftermarket junk. Dorman is well known cheapo and does no
Caring for Your Car
Jump to new posts Re: Typical parts to fail at certain mileage? by mkpctv @ 01/19/22 12:29 AM

Now that you mentioned I see quite a few people driving their Towncars around with the blown out air suspension, like a low rider that has the rear bumper almost dragging on the ground ๐Ÿ˜† But yeah I try and do most of the repairs myself that allow
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: Brief smoke while stopped by mkpctv @ 01/19/22 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By RootintootinDon't feel too bad. After all, it is still going on 14 years old no matter what the miles are. I had 59K on mine when I got it in 05. For about the first 5 years, every winter I went through something major. Radiator
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Inflated P71 Auction Prices by Dmblanch @ 01/18/22 11:49 PM

Here's the main ding against the Panther becoming a collector car. It wasn't popular in its day, except with police and livery companies, and today its cult following is solely based on the fact that we've all recognized that it represents great val
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: Noob from STL (soon to be AZ) by Dmblanch @ 01/18/22 11:31 PM

Originally Posted By SocalSamMy favorite years are 04 and 08. Many will disagree... 2003: 4 thread spark plugs prone to blow out. Early axles prone to premature wear. 2004: 8 thread spark plugs, problem solved. 2005: Transitional year. First d
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by Dmblanch @ 01/18/22 11:17 PM

Originally Posted By GrumpMarkyWhat scale is that? Nice work! I believe it's a Motormax 1/24, but as I say it came in the wrong box. It was black with a camel interior and had police red/blue lights on the rear deck, which you can't see after I ti
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by DES @ 01/18/22 10:31 PM

On the latest acquired one the 2000 marquis, it got its battery charged up, reattached some parts in the engine bay since itโ€™s missing the inner wheel wells and bunch of brackets that hold the wiring harnesses up. Noticed the cruise control cable w
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: Noob from STL (soon to be AZ) by M_P_A @ 01/18/22 10:26 PM

That's a good thought too - back in '09 I bought an '08 Focus that was a rental and other than a belt tensioner the car was rock solid
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right NOW!? by M_P_A @ 01/18/22 10:18 PM

Kyle Kinane - Death of the Party This is my favorite part from it - he talks about Trader Joe's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzTBGLsgr4M
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by Bellwestern80 @ 01/18/22 09:31 PM

Battery went near flat again in the '97. Alternator only pushing 13.2v running, enough to keep the amp light off, not enough to actually support recharging and maintaining the vehicle, so over several days it pulled the battery down. I think the regu
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by Old_Guy_Stu @ 01/18/22 09:16 PM

Excavated her from her icy tomb. All the snow I brushed off made a perfect mold of the right side. Side moldings, fender lip moldings, even the 5.0 emblems. Then I shoveled all that over the fence. After killing myself doing that, I ended up driving
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: Brief smoke while stopped by Rootintootin @ 01/18/22 09:15 PM

Don't feel too bad. After all, it is still going on 14 years old no matter what the miles are. I had 59K on mine when I got it in 05. For about the first 5 years, every winter I went through something major. Radiator, TC shudder and replacement, upp
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: Misfire under load: TFI module or coil? by Old_Guy_Stu @ 01/18/22 09:09 PM

The sensor is on the firewall, but it connects to the upper intake using a hose that's 3/8 on the manifold end and 1/8 at the sensor. The big end is clamped on. You might get lucky with needle-nose pliers, but you're still working under and behind th
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Finally found my misfire!!! by LSpann601 @ 01/18/22 08:43 PM

Got the cylinder head off a few days ago and rigged up a socket/magnet with a C clamp and got the valve keeps off. After the valve springs were removed on both valves that were getting stuck the valves would not slid down without tapping them with a
Caring for Your Car
Jump to new posts Re: Typical parts to fail at certain mileage? by Bellwestern80 @ 01/18/22 08:06 PM

Arguably can't say all of that is normal failure that quick, but things do age. Anything from 2008 is now turning 14 this year. I just dealt with bad air springs on a '06 Town Car with 102K. Figured the mileage was kinda low, but then again the spr
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: Noob from STL (soon to be AZ) by 2011LX @ 01/18/22 07:41 PM

I actually seek out ex rentals when I shop for cars They are generally well optioned. They live easy lives running the highway and between airports and hotels. They are in great cosmetic condition as they are cleaned frequently and renters take c
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >
Who's Online
3 registered (SocalSam, DES, webestang), 70 Guests and 136 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
SocalSam 67
bluejay_32 64
Old_Guy_Stu 54
2011CVPI 53
a_d_a_m 53
hot__box 49
Dmblanch 44
RF_Overlord 41
GrumpMarky 35
hkerekes 32
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!