Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 P71 4.6L 3V swap by musclemerc @ 01/16/22 09:37 AM

This is a culture issue in the car world that exist everywhere. My neighbor dropped off a 64 Mustang for paint last January. The shop owner told him it would be ready by the end of February; the car is still in his shop sitting in the same spot for a
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Mystery Trunk Modification by GM_Guy @ 01/16/22 07:16 AM

And it could have been as simple as a home brew solution to carry whatever they needed. A lockable storage/tool box, drill some holes in the bottom, couple peices of strap and you got a secure box for little money. Insert any other number of possible
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 CV - Door lock and trunk lock cylinders. by SocalSam @ 01/16/22 03:57 AM

Before you do anything, check build sheet for "Keyed Alike" option. If present, sets of Fleet Keys can be bought for cheap on ebay.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 CV - Door lock and trunk lock cylinders. by SocalSam @ 01/16/22 03:52 AM

See my sig.
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 P71 4.6L 3V swap by Florida @ 01/16/22 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By dixiebandit69Originally Posted By FloridaI am sad to report that this shop took my money and never fixed my Crown Vic - $3,000 and 7 months down the drain for nothing. What in the Kentucky-Fried F*uck is that bullsh*t?! Why
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: 1997 Grand Marquis by hot__box @ 01/16/22 12:50 AM

New fuel injectors !! Also, I finally got the final center cap in so now that’s taken care of. I thought this weekend was going to be nice but no, it’s been cold and rainy. So no work on the car. This is what I’ve got lined up: -Pull t
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: A love story between a kid and his Crown Vic by Danger2manifold @ 01/16/22 12:23 AM

Dude those wheels are gonna look dope as hell on your vic!!!
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Mystery Trunk Modification by metalpanther @ 01/15/22 11:41 PM

Originally Posted By DmblanchMy guess would be a locking weapons safe. I was thinking the same. I wish they had left it. It'd be a nice place to stash any valuables and its obviously removable whenever the trunk space is needed. I searched onli
Northwest
Jump to new posts Re: 2000 Grand Marquis - Driver's Seat Belt Buckle by The_Punisher @ 01/15/22 11:25 PM

Welcome aboard. Check car-part.com
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: New guy from North Caroli by The_Punisher @ 01/15/22 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By HuhniganWelcome! Lots of awesome CVN'ers in NC. With an '04 you're into "old car" territory. So gremlins are now the norm. I'm in an endless cycle of hunting down weird symptoms in my '04 with 140k. You still have it?
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts steering box fitting size by hkerekes @ 01/15/22 11:17 PM

Anyone know what size they are? I may need to make some lines and knowing the size would be really helpful.
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: Jerry's Crown Victorias by av8or1 @ 01/15/22 10:03 PM

2011LX- Yeah the gaps could be better from the factory. Given the objective (presumably) that was at-play when these vehicles were made, I can understand why that is sometimes the case. As it so happens, the wife-eee doesn't like pin striping in ge
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 P71 4.6L 3V swap by hot__box @ 01/15/22 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By FloridaI am sad to report that this shop took my money and never fixed my Crown Vic - $3,000 and 7 months down the drain for nothing. AIn’t no way. $3000 down the drain, for what exactly? The shop can’t charge you for
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Ticking noise on idle by ironmarinebill64 @ 01/15/22 09:12 PM

Agree with RF Overlord. So you can confirm on your own, you can use the poor mechanic's stethoscope: take a long wooden dowel or good length screwdriver and put the tip to the injector rail and the handle to your ear. You'll hear that Singer sewing
Jump to new posts Re: 2006 MGM air suspension by ironmarinebill64 @ 01/15/22 08:47 PM

I suggest by checking the voltage or operability on the ride height sensor. Will be a small lever/sensor and rod connected to the watts link and frame. If the sensor isn't sending the correct voltage to the computer, it'll likely keep cycling the co
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts 2011 CV - Door lock and trunk lock cylinders. by arizonajack @ 01/15/22 08:19 PM

I need to replace them and don't want to pay dealer prices. (Does anybody?) Any suggestions as to vendors? Thanks.
Jump to new posts 2006 MGM air suspension by JunkyardJerry @ 01/15/22 07:24 PM

I have a problem with my air suspension, but I'm not sure what it is. The air pump keeps cycling on and off (runs for about 10 seconds every 2 minutes) whenever the engine is running) I would think that meant a leak somewhere in the system, but even
Jump to new posts ADTR Sway Bar Install (and a great company too) by ironmarinebill64 @ 01/15/22 07:00 PM

Spent a couple cold hours on my back today installing my Christmas present to myself: an ADTR 1" rear sway bar. The difference between the factory 15mm and the ADTR bar is so profound. I don't notice any change in ride quality, in terms of har
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Thinking of buying another vic...few questions? by Bellwestern80 @ 01/15/22 06:58 PM

Air shocks can definitely be ran if one wants to. The Boxes used air shocks for load leveling as an option with a compressor prior to the introduction of air springs in 1992 (or 1990 for Town Car). Manual filling type could be used if one desired.
Jump to new posts Re: Boxing in OEM stock rear control arms?? by tjjjt @ 01/15/22 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By musclemercThe search function gave me this for results. Sounds like it has been done many times in the past. https://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2377455&page=1 LOL, you got me to! Ver
Jump to new posts Re: Brief smoke while stopped by Bellwestern80 @ 01/15/22 06:47 PM

Valve covers aren't weeping/seeping down onto the exhaust manifolds, are they?
Jump to new posts Re: Brief smoke while stopped by mkpctv @ 01/15/22 06:14 PM

Well I kind of did that today, I let the motor run for about 10 minutes then took a hose and let water trickle down the windshield and started to notice the same smoke happening a little bit. I opened up the long plastic piece that clips together whe
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 P71 4.6L 3V swap by dixiebandit69 @ 01/15/22 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By FloridaI am sad to report that this shop took my money and never fixed my Crown Vic - $3,000 and 7 months down the drain for nothing. What in the Kentucky-Fried F*uck is that bullsh*t?! Why did you pay him one red cent? Why
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Inflated P71 Auction Prices by RipWixomAssembly @ 01/15/22 05:10 PM

Originally Posted By DmblanchFor it's mileage, that's not one half bad car. Paint's good, Interior's good. As a keeper for daily driving, it'd be fine. Sadly the mileage damns it for flipping purposes. It's a $1500 to $2000 car at auction in my b
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 P71 4.6L 3V swap by RF_Overlord @ 01/15/22 03:51 PM

Oh, man...that blows chunks.
Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 34 Guests and 82 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 70
SocalSam 63
Old_Guy_Stu 57
hot__box 56
a_d_a_m 55
2011CVPI 53
RF_Overlord 41
Dmblanch 38
GrumpMarky 37
hkerekes 33
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!