Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Body and Interior
Gotcha. Thanks for the quick replies; deeply appreciated.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Flickering/pulsating interior & headlights by RF_Overlord @ 01/15/22 03:35 PM

CJB is Central Junction Box (or Cabin Junction Box)...AKA fuse box under the dash...but I meant to say BJB...Battery Junction Box...the one next to the battery. That's where the feed from the alternator meets the feed from the battery.
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 P71 4.6L 3V swap by Florida @ 01/15/22 03:12 PM

I bear news of sadness and burning cash. Eventually I grew suspicious of whether this performance shop I had chosen was telling the truth. I am sad to report that this shop took my money and never fixed my Crown Vic - $3,000 and 7 months down the d
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by LTC_Dave @ 01/15/22 02:27 PM

Hardwired a battery maintainer to it, and wired in a 5 amp fuse cause I don't want my car and house to burn down. Also got a smoke detector for the garage and a listener/reporter for the home alarm, so if the detector goes off then I will get an aler
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Alternators for a 2000 P71 by Parkourpotato @ 01/15/22 02:19 PM

Thank you for your help. I found a reman 6th gen for 1998-2002 CV/MGM/LTC models online. I also found a diagram for the visual difference in a 4th gen and 6th gen connector. (The 4th gen is flatter and wide, has a round trapezoid shape, and has a bla
Body and Interior
Originally Posted By RF_OverlordIf the alternator was a reman from a parts store, it could easily be defective. Also check closely all the connectors and cables from the alternator to the battery and from the battery to the CJB. What would be the &
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Ticking noise on idle by RF_Overlord @ 01/15/22 02:13 PM

Sounds like typical 4.6 injector noise to me. More info would help...what viscosity oil are you using? How many miles on the current OCI?
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Flickering/pulsating interior & headlights by RF_Overlord @ 01/15/22 02:07 PM

If the alternator was a reman from a parts store, it could easily be defective. Also check closely all the connectors and cables from the alternator to the battery and from the battery to the CJB.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Flickering/pulsating interior & headlights by rnch @ 01/15/22 01:30 PM

On my 1991 Town Car the headlights & interior lights flicker/pulsate at idle. Stepping a bit on the gas pedal doesn't make any difference. The car had a recent alternator and battery installed before I bought it, about 200 miles/6 months ago (t
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Adding more power to the 4.6 by 2004_p71 @ 01/15/22 12:40 PM

Originally Posted By LSpann601How much hp should I expect if I get the heads ported? Is there a particular model trickflow heads I need? Do you have a cam you can suggest me that doesn't require alot of machine work done to the heads? On average d
Lizard Lounge
Originally Posted By Old_Guy_StuThe TV cable is on the throttle body, towards the inside. You'll need to open the throttle to really see it. One thing I should mention is that wind noise at highway speed is a lot louder than even the Ranger. My r
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 Crown Victoria LX - P0128 Code Help by counselorM24CVPI @ 01/15/22 12:14 PM

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind. There are quite a few tubes that have disintegrated including that one, but i did ensure the wiring was in tact. After the temp comes up in Rhode Island, if my nephew plans on keeping it (which i hope he will) I'll
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by Old_Guy_Stu @ 01/15/22 11:33 AM

Renewed the tags. Was gonna wash the blood off the engine (it's not a project til you bleed on it, right?) but it's too damn cold, half an inch of ice on the car.
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: Brief smoke while stopped by Rootintootin @ 01/15/22 10:42 AM

Originally Posted By mkpctv....I'll be at a stop light on the way to work and see a cloud of white smoke.... You're in South FL. What says you can't make like you're 80 years old; stop when you see the smoke; and pop the hood for a look-see? You mi
Jump to new posts Re: Brief smoke while stopped by mkpctv @ 01/15/22 09:01 AM

Originally Posted By ironmarinebill64You're from Florida, so this might not be the issue, but look at the steel brake lines where they come out of the master cylinder. If there's any corrosion, especially at the bends, a very small pin hole can devel
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by BlackNFast @ 01/15/22 07:45 AM

Drove the Merc to lowes to get some plastic containers,the cool dense air was working well for me,got some stress out on the blacktop a bit,parked her for time being.
Jump to new posts Re: Brief smoke while stopped by ironmarinebill64 @ 01/15/22 07:06 AM

You're from Florida, so this might not be the issue, but look at the steel brake lines where they come out of the master cylinder. If there's any corrosion, especially at the bends, a very small pin hole can develop where every time you press the bra
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Thinking of buying another vic...few questions? by Old_Guy_Stu @ 01/15/22 06:19 AM

The TV cable is on the throttle body, towards the inside. You'll need to open the throttle to really see it. One thing I should mention is that wind noise at highway speed is a lot louder than even the Ranger.
Lizard Lounge
Thanks for the info guys. Exactly what i was hoping for. Kinda funny how "athome" these cars look towing pretty decent loads lol. Good to know on the "cargo springs". I have a 77LTD II in the garage (that dont run) so i know all
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Inflated P71 Auction Prices by Dmblanch @ 01/15/22 02:40 AM

That NC SAP sold for $4300 including fees, not quite as high as I thought, which is probably indicative of the drop-off affecting cars that have over 100k miles Here's another one for your consideration, a very normal white SAP P71 in Colorado with
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts POTM February '22 - submissions by a_d_a_m @ 01/14/22 11:59 PM

Bust out that camera and take some pics, put some effort into your entry, and see how your car fares against the other contestants! Winner gets their car on the front page of CVN for the month, bragging rights, and ability to use the POTM icon under
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Ticking noise on idle by ZathusZ @ 01/14/22 11:32 PM

got this ticking noise on idle. Does anyone knows what it is. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SjhK0MfpmIHXveeamwdJhhANzJo9UMdm/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HncWWOYOXHGvUwPws8aT4Yt7Jp5g1UBi/view?usp=sharing
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Thinking of buying another vic...few questions? by Old_Guy_Stu @ 01/14/22 09:16 PM

Do it. Boxes are sometimes finicky, sometimes frustrating, but very rewarding. I'm getting 15-18 city, 21-25 highway. Buy the best-looking one you can find, because body, trim, interior, and rubber parts are long gone. Sometimes you get lucky on eBay
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Thinking of buying another vic...few questions? by Bellwestern80 @ 01/14/22 08:54 PM

1.) My '87 has always returned mixed numbers. When it was a LoPo setup, it usually managed 14-15 city and 19-21 highway. In HO configuration, it runs 11-14 city and 17-20 highway. However, I will note the '87 is a wagon with a 3.27 rear axle. A 2.73
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Thinking of buying another vic...few questions? by hot__box @ 01/14/22 07:04 PM

I had a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer, same thing as the Explorer. Awesome little truck.. if you went that route, make sure it’s the 5.0 V8 because the 6 cylinder engines in those trucks were crap. 2. Boxes were rated to tow up to 5000 lbs; and even f
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 69 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 70
SocalSam 63
Old_Guy_Stu 57
hot__box 56
a_d_a_m 55
2011CVPI 53
RF_Overlord 41
GrumpMarky 39
Dmblanch 38
hkerekes 33
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!