Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Car Stalling when Shifting into Reverse by Parkourpotato @ 01/14/22 11:11 AM

I'm just updating this post to say it was the O2 sensors. Replacing them fixed it entirely.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Alternators for a 2000 P71 by Parkourpotato @ 01/14/22 10:55 AM

My alternator on my 2000 Police Interceptor recently went out and I can't afford a new one, so I went to a scrap yard since they're only 60 bucks there. All the p71s had their alternator removed already, so I just grabbed one off an 08 grand marquis.
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: Brief smoke while stopped by SocalSam @ 01/14/22 09:28 AM

Brake fluid may be over filled if at Max at rest. Suck out a little fluid to see if that stops over flow.
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: The Brick by Gibby @ 01/14/22 09:13 AM

Nice! I'd love to have an in house powder coating oven... I am also super jealous of the SVO, it's a car on the list, but I don't want a fixer upper, I am waiting for a driver to come for sale... Not 4.10s, but 3.73s went into my box last year, bes
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: Jerry's Crown Victorias by 2011LX @ 01/14/22 08:42 AM

I've too have noticed that the factory gaps on these cars were atrocious for the most part. And, like you say, if you want to go about fixing them you have to deal with the pinstriping if equipped. Ugh. Too bad, the shoddy workmanship at the factory
Jump to new posts Brief smoke while stopped by mkpctv @ 01/14/22 08:36 AM

Hi again everyone, the issues keep coming one after another now. I got the replacement ABS module installed and the dash lights went out, hoping that takes care of that issue, thanks again to everyone who helped me with that. Recently I've been see
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by Old_Guy_Stu @ 01/14/22 08:31 AM

Looking for a PCV grommet that lasts more than a year. This one has good reviews: https://lmr.com/item/LRS-6892A/1986-95-Mustang-50L-Pcv-Valve-Grommet Twice the price of a Dorman, but it's not a Dorman.
Jump to new posts Re: Boxing in OEM stock rear control arms?? by HDmech @ 01/14/22 08:24 AM

I did this as well getting inspiration from musclemerc’s write up. I really just wanted to keep the factory rubber bushings which will hopefully preserve the ride. Roads are pretty rough here. I boxed in watts link as well. Welding on suspension co
Jump to new posts Re: Boxing in OEM stock rear control arms?? by musclemerc @ 01/14/22 07:48 AM

^^^ I just couldn't resist
Jump to new posts Re: Boxing in OEM stock rear control arms?? by ironmarinebill64 @ 01/14/22 06:51 AM

(I see what you did there). Those look fantastic. Was the improvement what you hoped? I'm likely gonna dig out the MIG now. I installed limo upper arms because of an eBay bargain I couldn't turn down. The ride has always felt a tad firmer since.
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: 2007 CVPI - making the move from Texas to Europe by GooneyBird @ 01/14/22 06:48 AM

Brief update. When I bought the car it came with one heated mirror, on the right side. At some point in its life the right mirror got damaged, someone replaced it with a heated one and came to the conclusion that it would plug right in and work. We
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: '86 Crown Victoria Idle Problem? by Old_Guy_Stu @ 01/14/22 05:39 AM

Check for vacuum leaks? Check EGR valve? Those are common problem areas. How many miles?
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: Jerry's Crown Victorias by av8or1 @ 01/14/22 12:09 AM

Fellas... how have y'all been? I've been away from the forum for a while; 'caught something nasty just after Christmas. Did the stick-a-swab-so-far-up-your-nose-you're-certain-they-want-brain-matter-for-their-sample test because the symptoms were s
Box Tech
Jump to new posts '86 Crown Victoria Idle Problem? by Panda89 @ 01/13/22 11:59 PM

Hi, new here. Howdy all! I have looked around the forum for this issue and came across a couple threads, but it didn't seem like they matched my situation fully, so I thought I would ask for some opinions. I just got my Crown Victoria back from the
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Radio upgrade ideas by metalpanther @ 01/13/22 11:12 PM

That looks good. Thanks for the ideas!
Jump to new posts Re: Boxing in OEM stock rear control arms?? by musclemerc @ 01/13/22 10:28 PM

The search function gave me this for results. Sounds like it has been done many times in the past. https://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2377455&page=1
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: Misfire under load: TFI module or coil? by Bellwestern80 @ 01/13/22 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By Old_Guy_Stu Naturally, Ferd used a special molded hose that's 1/8 on one end and 3/8 on the other end. I didn't have this hose. Probably obsoleted anyway. So I brazed up an adapter and used regular vacuum hose and power-steering
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: Misfire under load: TFI module or coil? by Old_Guy_Stu @ 01/13/22 09:08 PM

I had James Earl Jones doing it.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Torque converter clutch only locks while cold by Bangster @ 01/13/22 08:30 PM

For the internal harness (the connector at the transmission) between pin 1 and 2 should be 10-16 ohms for the TCC. Just like the early AODE/4R70W, the wiring in the transmission can wear through, I had to fix my 1997 Cougar it had some bad wires.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Torque converter clutch only locks while cold by Mbl23019 @ 01/13/22 07:55 PM

Where can I find the info on the read outs for the wire harnesses?
Jump to new posts Re: Boxing in OEM stock rear control arms?? by ironmarinebill64 @ 01/13/22 07:53 PM

I'm with ya (my brother from the North!). Outfits like Energy Suspensions list universal urethane pucks. I've ruminated about hogging out an old control arm and pushing them in. I have, somewhere, measurements of the bushing openings. I believe/re
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Radio upgrade ideas by Dmblanch @ 01/13/22 05:58 PM

Congrats, now that you know how to use imgur for this board, you'll find it's quite easy and nice. Pics look great. I removed virtually the same Alpine from my 04 Sport, only with the cubby-shroud on the bottom not the top. It just slid out, nothi
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Trunk Separator ideas? by Dmblanch @ 01/13/22 05:45 PM

Interesting. The sticker on my 07 Sport lists the same item at only $100. Either way, fairmarket today on them is much higher.
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: Misfire under load: TFI module or coil? by GM_Guy @ 01/13/22 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By Old_Guy_Stuneeds a trip thru the Valley Of Misfires to say for sure. Am I the only one that read that in a Russ Meyer voice doing the movie intros? =-)
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Inflated P71 Auction Prices by Dmblanch @ 01/13/22 04:46 PM

That’s a fine looking white SAP, nearly identical to the two I bought at auction in the spring of last year from the city of Ogden Utah, with the same miles on it. one I got for 2100 and the other I got for 2300 which I thought at the time was a li
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 >
Who's Online
4 registered (TheNarrator, ClaySmith, Scuba_Steve, a_d_a_m), 28 Guests and 83 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 70
SocalSam 63
Old_Guy_Stu 58
hot__box 56
a_d_a_m 54
2011CVPI 53
RF_Overlord 41
Dmblanch 38
GrumpMarky 37
hkerekes 33
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!