Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: Misfire under load: TFI module or coil? by Old_Guy_Stu @ 01/13/22 02:57 PM

On a whim, I decided to replace the hose to the MAP sensor. Not realizing it's a 2-1/2 hour job because the upper intake needs to come off. Naturally, Ferd used a special molded hose that's 1/8 on one end and 3/8 on the other end. I didn't have this
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 Crown Victoria LX - P0128 Code Help by SocalSam @ 01/13/22 02:50 PM

Thanks for sharing your solution. On a side note, in So Cal where the weather is frequently hot, plastic protective tubing for the CHT turns into dust and leaves exposed wire in contact with the block. I went through my entire engine harness and re
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Inflated P71 Auction Prices by 2011LX @ 01/13/22 01:34 PM

$6300 for a clean car if any kind isn't that ridiculous anymore. If you think that's ridiculous, take a look at what clapped out pickups are selling for... Now is the wrong time to be in the car business if you don't have a stomach to ride this rol
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Trunk Separator ideas? by JAM @ 01/13/22 01:26 PM

My 04 CVS came with the Marauder cargo organizer. I just checked the window sticker and it is the first item listed under: OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT: Trunk Organizer 190.00 JAM
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Radio upgrade ideas by metalpanther @ 01/13/22 12:46 PM

- Thank you. Or https://i.imgur.com/PnKtr30.jpg or https://imgur.com/a/OsoI4gP That should cover all the bases. One of those links has to work Its an Alpine single din with a dash kit. I installed it myself. I think it just slid i
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Inflated P71 Auction Prices by Tenevic_P71 @ 01/13/22 12:27 PM

Wow that P73 just closed this morning for $6300 after fees. Ridiculous. This is a nice looking SAP in North Carolina. Looks very clean, description says it was an admin car. Sitting at $3k with one day to go. How high you think for this? https
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Boxing in OEM stock rear control arms?? by tjjjt @ 01/13/22 11:51 AM

Hello all, Has anybody tried to box/reinforce the stock type OEM rear control arms to keep them from flexing when HRSPRS are increased. Just trying to see if there are alternatives to spending $600-$800 Canuck bucks for aftermarket arms. Also has an
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 Crown Victoria LX - P0128 Code Help by counselorM24CVPI @ 01/13/22 11:14 AM

Yeah, me too. Thanks!
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 Crown Victoria LX - P0128 Code Help by Chaplian @ 01/13/22 09:26 AM

Glad you got it fixed! My money is on the thermostat or it being a combination of things.
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: Misfire under load: TFI module or coil? by Old_Guy_Stu @ 01/13/22 07:57 AM

So, drove it yesterday and it's misfiring again, not just on hills now. Did the "watch it run in the dark" test and didn't see any sparks. But as part of that test I removed the bootie from the distributor and found six wires not as tight a
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 Crown Victoria LX - P0128 Code Help by counselorM24CVPI @ 01/13/22 07:18 AM

Hello All, I replaced the CHT & Thermostat (195) with a motorcraft. Aside from the CHT breaking off in the head and having to extract it, everything went well. However when replacing the thermostat I noticed the brand new thermostat i got from a
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: OK for rear axle to move in and out? by ironmarinebill64 @ 01/13/22 06:17 AM

With the diff cover off and the Trak-Loc housing with its open side to you as you're looking at it, you should be able to see how much play you have (with the tire and brake rotor removed, laying on your back, you'll be able to stretch your leg and w
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Radio upgrade ideas by Dmblanch @ 01/13/22 01:02 AM

No, it's not working. Welcome to the arcane and obsolete functionality of CV.net! In order to see it, you'll need to sign into imgur.com, upload your foto to that, copy the link over to a post here. That process usually only takes first=timers thr
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Radio upgrade ideas by metalpanther @ 01/12/22 11:51 PM

This is the stereo I have. I'm not quite sure the best way to remove it. I installed it myself and seem to remember it simply snapped into place. edit... attachment doesn't seem to be working. hmmm...
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Torque converter clutch only locks while cold by 88grandmarq @ 01/12/22 10:06 PM

Originally Posted By Mbl23019Hey guys, I'm a newb here. Owning my first crown vic, it's a 2010 cvpi and I love it. But a couple months after purchasing I started having problems with the clutch. When the car is cold, it works just fine. But at operat
Jump to new posts Re: Lets talk about brakes by 88grandmarq @ 01/12/22 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By hot__boxOriginally Posted By 88grandmarqOriginally Posted By hot__boxSo I’m looking to do a brake job on the ‘97.... Personally, I think semi metallic replacement brake pads and stock replacement rotors work perfectly fine
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Burning Smell On Cold Start Only by 46Mod99 @ 01/12/22 09:46 PM

Did a little sniffing around today, smell is only detectable on the passenger side of the engine and it is strongest five to fifteen seconds after a cold start. However my passengers tell me they smell it entering the vehicle. I'm suspecting it's an
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: OK for rear axle to move in and out? by BubbaGumpCo @ 01/12/22 09:31 PM

Thanks for the reply. I guess I was just wanting a second opinion if I should pull the diff cover. I'll run it through the car was with the undercarriage wash and then see what's in there this next set of days off. Would I have to pull the c-clips
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: HVAC Air Flow Issue by Dmblanch @ 01/12/22 08:49 PM

Given the frequency of o-ring failure, that'd be my first bet, fortunately its cheap and easy to replace them all. Everybody who buys them has extras left over.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Inflated P71 Auction Prices by Dmblanch @ 01/12/22 08:46 PM

Here's a pretty good 2003 P73 with extremely low miles in Atlanta for you east coasters, but it's probably going to go for over $4k. Gold P73 with 35k miles
Jump to new posts Re: Lets talk about brakes by RF_Overlord @ 01/12/22 06:48 PM

"Can't we all just get along?" I think it's safe to say there is no one right answer here. Different parts of the country have different environmental issues requiring different maintenance. An exhaust repair that lasts 10 years in CA
Jump to new posts Re: Lets talk about brakes by hkerekes @ 01/12/22 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By stalagCorrosion is a fact of life in a salt state. Also I am now showing physical disability. Hkerekes, are you going to come and fix things for me and correct the corrosion seen from 20 years of salt my car has seen? I live i
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: 90 Grand Marq: Motorcraft SP-409A platinum plugs? by 88LTDCV351 @ 01/12/22 05:01 PM

I've used Pulstar pulse plugs. I've not had a problem with them.
Jump to new posts Re: ABS module compatibility? by Tenevic_P71 @ 01/12/22 04:18 PM

You don't need to program a new module for your '08. It is plug and play 06-08. I think 05 is the same too but not sure. Look for one with no ABS, not sure what happens if you put an ABS equipped module into your car. I can tell you for sure 04- is
Jump to new posts Re: ABS module compatibility? by mkpctv @ 01/12/22 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By SocalSamOriginally Posted By DavidzqOriginally Posted By mkpctvI guess i'll find out if it differs on a 08. 06-11 require programming. On 06-08, the modules can be swapped without programming, and everything will seem fine, unti
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >
Who's Online
2 registered (M_P_A, Scuba_Steve), 39 Guests and 76 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 70
SocalSam 63
Old_Guy_Stu 58
hot__box 56
a_d_a_m 54
2011CVPI 53
RF_Overlord 41
Dmblanch 38
GrumpMarky 37
hkerekes 33
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!