Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: NO Brakes After New Calipers & Master Cylinder by Old_Guy_Stu @ Today at 05:12 AM

Did you bench bleed the master before you put it in the car?
Jump to new posts Re: Bled brakes, now pedal goes to floor. Help... by TripleA @ Today at 04:32 AM

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the same exact problems! https://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4044036&#Post4044036
PC Systems, Consoles, and Gaming
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your PC today? by Becker34 @ Today at 01:51 AM

Fired up the old Thinkpad for updates and to rip a CD to USB since the newish lapper doesn't have a CD. It was a bit of a goatf-ck when I forgot where I had the ripper put things, but I eventually figured it out. I also wondered why it was set to r
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by Becker34 @ Today at 01:46 AM

We had a break between the snow and the arctic blast so I got off my dead ass and went to the parts store to pick up some taillight tape to patch it til I can get a replacement.
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Aftermarket plenum and bbk tb? by 2010mgm2010 @ Yesterday at 11:54 PM

i think the bbk throttle body the same size of stock throttle body the only benefit throttle response correct me if i was wrong you can increase throttle response by displaying the torque management in the tune intake plenum mine i just ported an
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Torque values and Tightening Sequence by KYF350 @ Yesterday at 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By KYF350Originally Posted By BigMerc96FWIW, the '01-'02 cars just leave the DPFE floating back there on its hoses. It weighs nothing, and the high temp silicone hoses are stiff enough. There are at least a few other cars I've seen
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: I'd Love to hear your Exhaust Setups by 2010mgm2010 @ Yesterday at 11:46 PM

i think the best exhaust for panther platform is sw mine obx headers with 2.5 xpipe and straight piped too loud and raspy but close to 5.0 engine sound my videos in my Instagram : do5ode
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right NOW!? by bluejay_32 @ Yesterday at 11:43 PM

So I left NBC on and am now watching a current season's rerun of SNL, and I'm struck by two realisations. One: Who are these people? The cast is a veritable Who's That of comedy. Two, and more profound: Chris Farley would have been perfect to play
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: Jerry's Crown Victorias by av8or1 @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By BigMerc96I kinda want to do the '98+ Town Car 40/20/40 split bench. It solves the issue of not having much if any interior storage, but its still a bench seat, not that I've ever had 3 people up front. I think that's one thing I'
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Inside door by BigMerc96 @ Yesterday at 10:47 PM

The pull strap should have a metal bracket riveted to the door shell behind the panel. It does not screw into the plastic, it goes thru it and into that bracket with a J-clip on it. If it ripped out, then likely that clip has stripped out or is outri
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Information on my 99 MGM by BigMerc96 @ Yesterday at 10:41 PM

How exactly is the IAC and crankcase breather lines hooked up to your intake tube? It almost looks like they are hooked together, or something funky going on. Those both need to go to the intake tube and not connected to one another, if they are you'
Jump to new posts Re: CVLX feels quicker after new rear springs? by CrystalPistol @ Yesterday at 09:58 PM

Must be them envigorated springs?
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Snap On TransKare machine for trans service? by CrystalPistol @ Yesterday at 09:54 PM

Sounds like you could do as much just using a drain plug in the pan to drop old fluid, then refill to proper level with new?
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Best replacement front cat option/questions by SMVic__ @ Yesterday at 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By CommanderCodyIn generally factory OEM cats are more well made than aftermarket replacements. I heard that the cats that come with headers for CVs tend to blow out after awhile. Aftermarket cats for GM G bodies tend to have the sa
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: 3.55's by SMVic__ @ Yesterday at 03:56 PM

I am no expert but I put in Ford Racing 3.55s with no issues to report for the last ~20k. Most important thing I've learned is to have an installer who knows exactly what they are doing. I've been burned HARD by having to get a tow + my rear end re
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Coolant leak, 2004 Grand Marquis -- photos added by 2007CrownVic @ Yesterday at 03:41 PM

Ditto on what others said. You almost always have to top off after the first run or two after draining the coolant on just about any car.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 6r80 swap theorycrafting by BillyRay @ Yesterday at 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By dixiebandit69Originally Posted By BradKY Unanswered Questions: Column Shifter? Drive Shaft Flexplate? Cruise Control (Must Have) Engine Tune to tune out the Auto Trans? Column shifter: Sure, why not? Most F150s are column shift
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Washer Nozzles by FoundOnRoad @ Yesterday at 02:12 PM

I have a 1999 Merc Gran Marquis. Driver side windshield nozzle sprays in middle of window. Started about a month ago. Do I replace nozzle? Redirect but how?
Tires and Wheels
Jump to new posts Ford Vehicles TPMS Details by rhscholz @ Yesterday at 11:18 AM

Having read many contributions about the Ford TPMS system I came across an excellent article in the Ford Fleet Service News for the Great Lakes Region that explains the various TPMS used on Ford vehicles, so I thought I share this with all of you :
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Hitech Cams vs Comp vs MHS by Derek5154 @ Yesterday at 10:22 AM

I think that's what I'm gonna go with. Might email MHS to see what they say too, but I love how the hitechs sound. Do you know what size stall would match well with a cam profile like the hitechs? I'm hearing like 3400 is a good option.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: POTM February 2020 - submissions by Old_Guy_Stu @ Yesterday at 09:59 AM

If it's gonna be that kind of month, I'll take that kind of picture:
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Question about IAC vent function & vacuum by skeletonman @ Yesterday at 09:26 AM

Actually, the idle is nice and low now, not high. It was too high before, and also surged up way too high upon cranking and upon turning the A/C on. It would also surge a little sitting at red lights. That's all fixed now, which really makes me wonde
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Im really shaken right now code p0008 and p0430 by Freddy12189 @ Yesterday at 08:11 AM

Had a P0430 on my 99 MGM 111k miles. Did the plugs and coils and it went away but came back around every 200 miles. I would reset it then always 200 miles came back. Car was running fine except slight pining on hard acceleration. I started using 91 o
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Code Readers by TheCableGuy @ Yesterday at 04:52 AM

So I got to this. Thanks for the help man, I enabled lock confirm flash and now that works along with a single horn chirp. Not bad. I will confirm on your question however, my car still has ‘dark mode’ enabled and I was able to get this to work w
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: got the transmission blues by bradleyheathhays @ Yesterday at 03:27 AM

I don't think this would have anything to do with it but it's worth mentioning. Two months back I did a slow speed rear end into the back of a lifted pickup. The front of my hood hit his trailer hitch right at the hood latch point which crumpled the
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Google!
Who's Online
2 registered (skeletonman, GrumpMarky), 37 Guests and 59 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 223
av8or1 122
a_d_a_m 116
BigMerc96 111
ClayBelt 97
TheCableGuy 65
Old_Guy_Stu 56
KYF350 53
2004_p71 48
hot__box 47
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!