Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Rear Sway Bar Bushings Part Number by PickledVic @ 17 minutes 18 seconds ago

I'm planning on adding a 1 inch rear swap bar. While the sway bar comes with poly bushings, I'd like to go the Thermoplastic route. Was wondering if I could use the following universal bushing (I'll be using the appropriate hardware): https://www.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: ANOTHER overhead console question TC vs. CV/GMQ/MM by Davidzq @ 40 minutes 29 seconds ago

The console displays a compass (written out NORTH, NORTHEAST, WEST, etc). Pressing mode switches to Compass Calibration, pressing again brings you to Oil Life Monitor (percentage). At 10%, the display will read "Change Oil Soon" At 0%, &qu
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: Finally back in a wagon! 1988 Country Squire by a_d_a_m @ Today at 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By 4EyedTurdAdam, I’ll have to disagree, your ‘91 is way nicer. I'm sure my interior is - that part of my car is mint. But the rust in my fenders and wheel arches is...insane. And I have no clearcoat anywhere on the car. Orig
Jump to new posts Re: RideTech coilovers - an update by SpitShine_PL @ Today at 10:57 AM

I suspected there might be an engineering issue by which the cheaper solution would be worse. Oh, well, gotta fork out more dough.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right NOW!? by bluejay_32 @ Today at 10:29 AM

4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: New Whirring, Whining Noise by VoodooChild @ Today at 10:23 AM

I just had a similar problem with my 2011. I could have sworn the TC was going, very similar symptoms and noise. Dropped the Trans pan and changed the fluid twice, noise still persists. Thanks to this thread I pulled the belt and checked the pulleys,
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by BlackNFast @ Today at 08:54 AM

Not bad man,was u able to launch it at all?? yeah those roots blowers love smoking tires I never had slicks on my old NPI build but I went 81mph I believe in the 1/8th and my traction control was on and street tires,next pass I blew a water hose off,
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2005 P71 Transmission Towing Build by Fopeano @ Today at 07:30 AM

Yes I am (https://www.sonnax.com/parts/4646-smart-tech-direct-clutch-drum-shaft-kit), but it will be quite a bit of time before I can report in on long term field testing... I love the idea of getting rid of that dinky little direct drive stub shaft
FoMoCo News
Jump to new posts Re: Ford renews Thunderbird trademark by Old_Guy_Stu @ Today at 07:04 AM

They let Edsel's trademarks lapse (except Ranger), which gave us such greats as the AMC Pacer and Chevy Citation. So maybe it's a public service.
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: Jerry's Crown Victorias by Old_Guy_Stu @ Today at 06:50 AM

Like any good coach, I'll stay on the sideline and call in the plays. You can take the hits. WALK IT OFF, SON!
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Where can I get manifold flange studs? by YoungP71dude @ Today at 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By 2004_p71the dealer has them and it's cheap . the down side is that you need a set of torch to take them out or do any kind of work on manifold unless you live in a totaly rust free environment I live in a primarily rust-free en
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: White smoke from exhaust by TheShadow @ Yesterday at 11:32 PM

Originally Posted By joedogg1998 MGM. ..So I changed the intake. It's more responsive.. Is there anywhere else this could be leaking into the cylinders? What replacement intake did you use? Originally Posted By joedoggI have white frosted spark
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Transmission Help by TheShadow @ Yesterday at 11:16 PM

When you reinstalled the servo piston, did you make sure the pin was properly engaged into the o/d band?
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: PATS problem by bspurloc @ Yesterday at 11:05 PM

You may have a bad ground that rusted while it was sitting. When it shuts odd does the instrument panel go blank just before?
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Radiator leak driver side middle side hook area by bspurloc @ Yesterday at 10:57 PM

Yeah I can see some leaking halfway up at middle higher bracket. I just cant see where from. It just made be at the seem to plastic which isnt really fixable with JB weld because you cant seal that area since the seem is the length of the radiator.
Tires and Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Opinion on these wheels? maybe photoshop help? by f00barbob @ Yesterday at 10:51 PM

One last time, darkened up a bit
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: 1983 LTD Crown Vic Shifter knob by Old_Guy_Stu @ Yesterday at 08:59 PM

I think you can pull it off, but it's not going to come easy, or necessarily in one piece. I think it's splined & press fit.
Jump to new posts Re: New to me Crown Vic with all new suspension by CrystalPistol @ Yesterday at 08:42 PM

Welcome!Originally Posted By mkupper84Hey Thanks...lol ok this is the best I can figure out right now. https ... etc ... Nice looking ride!
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: HELP!!!!!!!!! bank 2 lean by ford05 @ Yesterday at 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By RF_OverlordThose numbers are fine. Yes they are. So i guess i will go ahead and remove valve covers and timing cover and inspect timing.
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: My “New Teksid Build” by BlackNFast @ Yesterday at 06:21 PM

Thanks brotha,Yeah it’s came along real good I still gtta get her new tags before I rip the roads,also I just ordered some New Borla Stinger Mufflers I’m done with these magnapaks I’ve had them on her for 5-6 years I’m looking for a differen
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Getting sick of increasing idle hours... by Dmblanch @ Yesterday at 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By 2007CrownVicAsk a higher price and then drop. That's all you can really do and point out the pluses. Especially with Crown vics if someone was looking at two and one had high idle hours and one had low hours but high miles and ne
Southwest
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone in the San Diego area? by mkupper84 @ Yesterday at 04:13 PM

Oceanside =)
Jump to new posts Re: Door Sticker Spring Code by CrystalPistol @ Yesterday at 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By 85GTYou didn't know we had leaf springs?? LOL. Ryder seems to think so. I'm just playing along Missed that memo. It's what's for supper.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Hi. I had a problem with the radiator fan not working on my 2003 CVPI that drove me nuts. I finally took it to a reliable shop that found a corroded/ broken wire in the bundle of wires /harness directly under the battery tray. They repaired that and
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: Interval / Intermittent / Delayed Wipers by Box83 @ Yesterday at 11:07 AM

Basically if the connectors of the Interval Governor module are the same (one male one female). I think that the connector for the switch is the same according to the wiring diagram so there would be a chance of it working. Body Harness would have to
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Who's Online
8 registered (95TownCar, 66lincoln, HDmech, 357cvpi, DudeAbides, 1 invisible), 78 Guests and 251 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 208
a_d_a_m 138
CrystalPistol 125
DudeAbides 125
Old_Guy_Stu 122
Moby_Vic 83
ford05 62
Warped9 58
Ponyguy 56
JeffBoudah 51
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!