Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Caring for Your Car
Jump to new posts Swivel sockets vs. Universal joint adapter by clientkill @ Today at 07:44 AM

Greetings, I was wondering what the advantages might be to buying a whole set of dedicated swivel sockets instead of just using universal joint adapters to get to those hard-to-reach spots. I've used universal joints for years with success, but I'
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: need help selecting aftermarket fuel tank by Old_Guy_Stu @ Today at 06:56 AM

Another vote for the Spectra tank. No coating inside mine:
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2005 P71 - 4R70W - Noise from middle of trans by Old_Guy_Stu @ Today at 06:42 AM

Heat shield rattle is usually more clangy than that. Could be the matrix inside the cat is failing? Doesn't sound like transmission noise to me.
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: Veering to the left and steering wheel vibration by Old_Guy_Stu @ Today at 06:28 AM

YouTube has it, but they want you to pay for it. Here's the (free) abbreviated version: I was wrong about the truck, it's an F-250. Caliper clearly falls off at 3:14, dangling by the hose.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right NOW!? by bluejay_32 @ Yesterday at 08:13 PM

PC Systems, Consoles, and Gaming
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your PC today? by bluejay_32 @ Yesterday at 07:52 PM

Replaced my keyboard/mouse combo. The mousewheel was giving me some issues and the keyboard was pretty beat up. This is my first post with the new one.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Pre-ignition Detonation Fuel Knock MAF FORSCAN by UnkleVic @ Yesterday at 06:42 PM

This thread helped too. It has links to the body of knowledge, etc. https://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2084072&page=1
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: How much (if any) oil does your 4.6L use? by BackwoodsAL @ Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By CrystalPistolOriginally Posted By BackwoodsAL That's impressive that those cars didn't use any oil with the kind of abuse the PI's see. Maybe I just got a dud. Lol. I don't recall you having a dud. Well, maybe I should clarify
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Gas cap question by billross @ Yesterday at 03:50 PM

Someone actually stole my non-locking gas cap several months ago. I never buy aftermarket parts when Motorcraft parts are available. "Do it once and do it right." I went to the dealer and got a locking Motorcraft cap for $47.33. Part #7w7
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: The Shout Box thread by DudeAbides @ Yesterday at 01:52 PM

How 'bout takin' a little off that mustache, RHAAN?
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: Moog upper ball joints gouging wheel by CrystalPistol @ Yesterday at 01:30 PM

Oh, there are plugs made for that, but surprised the OEMs wheels will do that?
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Horn Problem by GregY @ Yesterday at 01:08 PM

I got it. There was another connector of the same style at the horn location, but not plugged into anything. I just took the connecter that was on the horn off, plugged this one in, and presto - I have a working horn. Thanks for the help. Greg
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Brief rattling on cold startup by CrystalPistol @ Yesterday at 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By 2007CrownVicIt seems like even new cars are making sounds like that more then they used to. Try a motorcraft oil filter if it doesn't have one now or even a different brand of oil and see if it makes a difference. Yeah, Dad's P
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: '10 P7B - getting steering wheel audio to work? by 2007CrownVic @ Yesterday at 11:47 AM

It was something different I remember. But I found it!! It looks like you need to add in a couple missing wires from the clock spring plug and that's it. https://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2541540
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Possible Fuel/Air mixture problem by DonnieK @ Yesterday at 10:20 AM

Ok, reviving this thread. The problem isnt as bad, but not when the car is run from cold, its fine, but after its up to operating temp, if I turn it off and back on, it runs real rough. Not kicking any codes and no problems fueling, so I dont think i
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Picture Challenge Thread, V.II by Old_Guy_Stu @ Yesterday at 06:30 AM

If it was easy it wouldn't be a challenge, right?
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Driver Door Module Issues by PickledVic @ Yesterday at 02:14 AM

Turns out it didn't work... I'm a little stump as to what it could be. I'm thinking it could be the aftermarket alarm. Any thoughts?
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: POTM November 2020 - voting by bluejay_32 @ Yesterday at 01:09 AM

Oh, y'know . . .
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Muffler Delete - A teenager's perspective by 2007CrownVic @ Yesterday at 12:24 AM

It sounds like you're having fun with it. You'll probably find over time that your idea of how you like the exhaust will change or you'll make other changes that you'll either grow out of or can't live without. These are great first cars. And I'm no
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by bluejay_32 @ 10/23/20 11:53 PM

Omitting some levels of quotes because I have too many. Originally Posted By bluejay_32Originally Posted By BigMerc96Originally Posted By bluejay_32Okay, but which one would I need? When I unplugged the one on the crossover was when the gauge moved,
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: Jerry's Crown Victorias by av8or1 @ 10/23/20 11:22 PM

With that observation, I put in a call to my parts guy. After some discussion, he concurred that the brackets/flanges/"winglets" of the trim ring support should not be installed above the seam. And so I will need to adjust the installatio
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Need EATC testing info for an 07 Expedition by KEEPINITOLDSKOOL @ 10/23/20 08:15 PM

There are some smart mofos around here, hoping one of you can tell me how to test my blower resistor module. It has auto temp control, not touch screen. The resistor has a 4 pin connector, I have ground, 221 mv on org/blu, 12v on yel green, and a sma
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: CVN Stickers?? by DudeAbides @ 10/23/20 05:48 PM

https://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2670312&page=1 Click here for more futility
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Engine emission Vacuum Diagram - 81 5L Canadian by SteveH @ 10/23/20 03:29 PM

Would any of you guys have a copy of the engine vacuum diagrams for the emission systems (EGR, Timing Vac Advance, Smog Valve) for canadian car with the VV Carb on it. Its for a 1981 Lincoln Mark V1 with the 302. I think all the US versions had th
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: 7.3L & 10spd Auto Swap? by HavocMan @ 10/23/20 11:10 AM

So I talked to a guy named Kevin over at US Shift about their stand alone controller for the 10 speed auto. He says that their project "Silver Bullet" has been on the back burner for a year or so and that their stand alone controller is a y
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Who's Online
0 registered (), 40 Guests and 270 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 218
av8or1 83
a_d_a_m 82
DudeAbides 67
Old_Guy_Stu 66
ClayBelt 44
Ponyguy 37
RF_Overlord 33
Davidzq 32
Moby_Vic 29
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!