Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: OVERDRIVE engaged then cut out and doesnt work now by bspurloc @ 15 minutes 35 seconds ago

I made a video of what I did prior changing the Transmission Fluid. https://youtu.be/6O5hv2mab8U Reading up on this issue, I believe the Snap ring broke that holds the OD Servo in place. This Servo has a strong spring on it and is used to push o
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: What is supposed to be here? by Piligrim @ 20 minutes 51 seconds ago

Thank you, gentlemen!
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts 8.8 Carbon clutches source by Blu @ 36 minutes 49 seconds ago

Looking for the Ford Racing Carbon Fiber clutches for the Ford 8.8" Traction-Lok differential, part # M-4700-C. At a reasonable price. I've tried Summit, Jegs, LMR, American Muscle, CJ Pony. Out-of-stock. I even looked at 03,04 and 07 cobras o
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts 09 MGM horn noise by Don2001 @ Today at 10:36 PM

Today was a test drive for my 09 MGM that was involved in a crash. Got it all fixed up. I'm still fighting a few air bag codes. I just sent out the airbag module to be reset. I drove it without the module. When I did the first turn getting out the
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Vibrant Resonators - Has anyone used these? by CrystalPistol @ Today at 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By YoungP71dudeOriginally Posted By CrystalPistolIllegal here. Yeah, I've heard it's hard to be a car enthusiast up north in VA. Not really. Been one my whole adult driving life, lived in Va. since I was 6. You describ
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: POTM April 2020 - voting by Blu @ Today at 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By GrumpMarkyThis was a VERY tough month! I wanted to vote for all three! x2
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by LTC_Dave @ Today at 09:35 PM

Installed a 95-96 reflector panel on my 97. Started installing a back up camera, but ran out of time.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right NOW!? by bluejay_32 @ Today at 07:15 PM

Mange mes briefs!
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: I got harassed today. by TheCableGuy @ Today at 06:33 PM

Yep gotta be watchful for sure in these cars. I get dirty looks, a handful of middle fingers and only a few smiles when I’m driving and I don’t even drive like an A$$. Also depends how your car looks too lol. In this day and she, virus and stuff
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Please Help Me Find This Squeaking Noise by GMUE03 @ Today at 05:47 PM

I’m having an accelerator squeaking issue too. Within about 5 minutes of driving my accelerator pedal develops a VERY ANNOYING squeak if any input is given past 1/4 throttle. I can’t replicate it when the car is off however. I’ve tried to lube
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: 2001 upper ball joint options? by Lance01 @ Today at 04:29 PM

Spend the $$$ on a quality balljoint no matter how you go about it.
Tires and Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: PlastiDip on Mustang Wheels? by webestang @ Today at 02:33 PM

A friend did his 2016 Mustang wheels 2 years ago and they still look great. He just followed the directions on the dipyourcar web site. https://www.dipyourcar.com/
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: Jerry's Crown Victorias by JS762 @ Today at 02:08 PM

OK, great thread! I spent the past few nights reading it. WHEW! It would have been hard for me to resist swapping over to the Trick Flow heads and a set of hotter cams, gotta be honest...but I get what the goals are. And what's with folks vandalizin
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: let the 5.4 breathe by CNGInterceptor @ Today at 10:49 AM

Do yourself a favor and grab a Ram clutch alignment tool! The one that came with the clutch was trash and I couldn't get the input shaft of the transmission in properly because of it. Being twin disc makes it more of a challenge. Here's the 26
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2003 GM P0172 P0175 by 2004_p71 @ Today at 09:13 AM

looks like it,s running on safe mode .
Box Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: 140 by KyleM1990 @ Today at 02:27 AM

I’ve personally seen a video of an ‘87 two door Vic hitting 140+ but that car is far from stock. Don’t P71’s have the limiter at 129mph? My ‘95 MGM, ‘01 and ‘03 TC’s, and LSE have all hit the speed limiter between 108-111. That’s go
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Catalytic Converter and other problems by fordoldfart @ Today at 01:26 AM

I use the eastern cats all the time. They fit better seem to work well. I order mine online. Sounds like you have yours off. Should be able to find somebody shipping during this virus problem.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: charging issue 05 MGM by Raven238 @ Yesterday at 11:39 PM

Just making sure I’m reading this right. You’re getting 4volts from the B-post to ground while it’s running?
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2003 Lincoln Town Car Shudder by Blu @ Yesterday at 11:21 PM

If you want to take off your IAC you maybe able to brake clean it, it bought me a little bit of time on my 00 but I ended up replacing it. IAC doesn't always throw a code. Looking at your pix of the plug wells you need valve cover gaskets, the oil
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Adjusting Steering Tightness? by Lance01 @ Yesterday at 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By YoungP71dudeHey y'all, I'm looking to tighten the steering a bit on my P71. There's no play in the steering wheel, I just want to make it a bit heavier and precise to make it more "sports car" like. I just want to hear
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: The Shout Box thread by bluejay_32 @ Yesterday at 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By DudeAbidesPeople who wait until they HAVE TO do their laundry really piss off people who maintain their laundry. I live in a building with 63 units and 4 washing machines.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: 3rd blower resister! by RF_Overlord @ Yesterday at 08:44 PM

@ the O.P.: just confirming you have manual controls, yes?
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 4R70E vs 4R70W by 88grandmarq @ Yesterday at 06:46 PM

WOW.. good job reviving a post from 2007 !! Yes, 2005-2008 transmissions are interchangeable. Police car and towncar have the longer output shaft non police crown vic and Grand marquis have short output shaft.
Finds - eBay, CL, Wherever
Jump to new posts Re: Official Craigslist/eBay/other finds megathread by hot__box @ Yesterday at 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By Old_Guy_StuOriginally Posted By hot__boxSeriously, they might look half decent without the woodgrain. Could you even get a MGM wagon without the woodgrain? Every bare-naked wagon I've seen was a CV. I surely don't know, I'm f
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: Compatible drive shafts for a 1989 Victoria by 90CrownVicster @ Yesterday at 05:33 PM

If you have the original axle in it, and its a steel drive shaft and not an aluminum, then I would guess 86 through 89 should work. When did they start using the AOD? That would have changed the drive shaft length from the old 3 speed. In 90 and
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Google!
Who's Online
4 registered (99_03PantherS, Bangster, Rootintootin, av8or1), 67 Guests and 198 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
av8or1 321
bluejay_32 274
a_d_a_m 236
Old_Guy_Stu 143
BigMerc96 137
Moby_Vic 102
DudeAbides 93
IPreferDIY 74
hot__box 72
2011LX 71
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!