Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Reducing pinging with colder plugs by 2010mgm2010 @ 42 minutes 28 seconds ago

Originally Posted By BigMerc96^^That is actually not 100% true. There are some years that would ping from the factory, like some versions of the 1997 and 1999 PCM. They went a little too aggressive with the timing advance on those years, and it defin
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Panther Platform Seat Swaps FAQ by 2011LX @ 43 minutes 18 seconds ago

No, I don't believe so. Years ago, to pressure wash the carpet. I had my seats and carpet out. I don't recall there being any seat harness on the passenger side.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by bluejay_32 @ 57 minutes 49 seconds ago

Originally Posted By DudeAbidesOriginally Posted By bluejay_32Also, maybe if you say his name enough he'll come back, like Beetlejuice. Chaplian Chaplian Chaplian Now he's in your attic with your teenage daughter.
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: Clunk over bumps from back of car by 2011LX @ Today at 01:05 PM

IF there is a bad bushing, I'd just replace the arm. Don't condemn them based on my suggestion though. A torn/loose bushing should be easy to find. Take a look. Are you sure the top nuts on the shocks are tight?
4.6L Based Powertrains
I don't think I'd RTV it, but I'd probably disassemble and take a look at it. Perhaps the gasket isn't in it's groove. Or maybe it's fine. But it would bother me to see that and I'd have to see for myself what the cause is. Good eye, BTW. A lot of p
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: Another New Guy....... by JS762 @ Today at 12:06 PM

Yeah, it'll be fun to get back to fooling around with an American car. The local speed shop says to forget the headers for now. So, it'll get the Borla cat back, a tune, the Jmod and gears and a diff. It's got new Michelins on it now, but once they
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Borla VS Stainless Works Cat Back Systems by JS762 @ Today at 11:53 AM

OK everyone, thanks for responding. Looks like it's BORLA...and welinding it together is a no-brainer. THANKS AGAIN!
Thanks for your reply - I have coated the steering shaft in grease and oil multiple times, but to no avail. The first time I tried PBlaster, the results were actually pretty good... until the next day. I even removed the lower steering shaft and fle
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Spark plug wells blocked by intake manifold by Brandon_White @ Today at 11:28 AM

Originally Posted By Davidzq2001 was the first year of the PI intake from factory. Though the 01 year had the plastic coolant crossover still, 02 was the first year to receive the aluminum crossover from factory. But it does sound like you have an af
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Using a non-Motorcraft COP by TinyTim @ Today at 11:19 AM

Just got my ebay cheapies,but one came broken.It'll still only be about $30 total for all 8 even if I pay for a ninth one,so no biggie...if they work
Jump to new posts Re: Converting TO rear air suspension by BigPip @ Today at 09:40 AM

[img:left][/img] Time for the wiring, one thing I am going to change is the switch wires run on driver side factory and the other 7 wires for the solenoids and height sensor run on passenger side. I am going to run everything on passenger side. The
Finds - eBay, CL, Wherever
Jump to new posts Re: Official Craigslist/eBay/other finds megathread by BlackVic_P71 @ Today at 09:24 AM

Not one but 2 Colony Park Wagons by one seller.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Coolant leak coming from Water Pump? by Old_Guy_Stu @ Today at 09:20 AM

You can loosen the pressure cap to slow the leak down, but keep an eye on the temp when you're doing that. Wintertime you should be OK.
Caring for Your Car
Hard to tell from the video, but it sounds like the drive belt tensioner. Look to see if it's shaking while running. That is a common wear item, they usually go bad under 100k miles. Al
Caring for Your Car
How do they get away with this, I thought counterfeiting was a serious crime? That video was really tedious to watch, you should get an award for making it to the end. I didn't. Al
PC Systems, Consoles, and Gaming
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your PC today? by BigMerc96 @ Today at 06:31 AM

Originally Posted By BigMerc96Bought a new Laptop this morning. I had been watching an eBay auction over the past few days. It wasn't moving too much on price, so I threw in a bid at $250 about an hour before it ended. I got outbid about 2 minutes be
Caring for Your Car
Jump to new posts Re: Road Trip and Everyday tool kit by Old_Guy_Stu @ Today at 06:15 AM

Originally Posted By TheCableGuy Floor jack(screw those little ones, go big or go home). For me the little one was a considerable upgrade. Remember bumper jacks and how horrible they were? That's what the Love Boat came with.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: keyless entry from ebay installation, blown fuse by paparito @ Yesterday at 11:59 PM

Thanks a lot David. turns out I blew the 20A in the engine comp position 8... I am too scared to try now since something is off and I am afraid I will cause some damage I can;t fix.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: The Shout Box thread by Moby_Vic @ Yesterday at 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By bluejay_32Originally Posted By JeffBoudahWhen did the shout box disappear? January 10th. A little after 9:00PM.
Jump to new posts Re: Squeaky front suspension by 2011LX @ Yesterday at 08:33 PM

A noise that loud, you should be able to feel with your hand the vibration from that squeaky joint. Have someone bounce the suspension while you touch each one until you find it.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right NOW!? by bluejay_32 @ Yesterday at 08:22 PM

Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: 2000 MGM Restore and Rebuild by Charlie_Mercury @ Yesterday at 05:48 PM

I do have a question if anyone can help. Should I get new flexplate bolts for any reason? or flexplate? since the trans is already out I am thinking about doing the rear main seal and the plate has to come off any way.. thoughts?
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Exhaust Tips by Simon72 @ Yesterday at 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By ClayBeltI mean I’m running 28” thrush glasspacks and 24” 3” diameter tips, didn’t have any drone until I hollowed out the rear cats. It also wasn’t very loud until I got on the throttle though, if I were to do it ag
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite Vic Pics by DudeAbides @ Yesterday at 11:51 AM

Originally Posted By Knight_Stalker I usually prefer my cars lowered, but...dat stance...
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Ciao, Panther-ites. by DudeAbides @ Yesterday at 11:49 AM

Keep coming back Gene! I love your old war stories! Originally Posted By Old_Guy_StuAll these guys defecting to Fusions, maybe we need a Fusion sub-forum. Completely appropriate for CVN; another dead nameplate.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Google!
Who's Online
3 registered (CarMon, Korvus_Korax, av8or1), 74 Guests and 64 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 185
a_d_a_m 131
Old_Guy_Stu 125
av8or1 122
BigMerc96 97
ClayBelt 78
Davidzq 74
TheCableGuy 62
2011LX 60
DudeAbides 52
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!