Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts 99 grand marquis sits higher in front than rear by MedSled @ Today at 01:58 AM

Last September I installed new loaded Moog upper and lower control arms, which were advertised as handling package control arms with the stiffer durometer bushings, kept original coil springs. I torqued the control arm bolts with the vehicle weight o
Caring for Your Car
Jump to new posts Re: Typical parts to fail at certain mileage? by Lance01 @ Yesterday at 10:40 PM

Right off the top the Ford service interval guide is great. They have a regular service and severe. Use that to stay on top of maintenance. That said I would expect the alternator to last about 100k, and if I had an original intake manifold I would
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 P71 Changing Sparkplugs Questions by shiny @ Yesterday at 10:30 PM

Thank you all. Much appreciated!
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Radio upgrade ideas by Dmblanch @ Yesterday at 09:05 PM

What you are saying makes sense, although I can't confirm it. The 6 CD OEM head unit pictured that came with my 2007 Sport with factory subwoofer/amp and upgraded OEM speakers (with separate tweeters in the speaker) was factory connected to its own
Jump to new posts Re: Brief smoke while stopped by mkpctv @ Yesterday at 08:10 PM

Well I got the replacement in, all is well. I seem to have a more raspy sound when accelerating now but no more leaks anyways
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: Noob from STL (soon to be AZ) by M_P_A @ Yesterday at 08:01 PM

Thanks for the info! I'm definitely down for more performance
Jump to new posts Re: Ok abs delete? by 01boatman @ Yesterday at 07:44 PM

Oh I know the computer is much better than me, I would like to delete it because the module when bad, abs no com then hit bump and in comes bad, then went completely bad, put 2 module in it (used) 1 went bad in 2 day, the other didn't work, there als
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: Misfire under load: TFI module or coil? by 90CrownVicster @ Yesterday at 06:43 PM

Thank You, I am not sure this is my issue or not, but worth looking into. I seem to have an inconsistent miss at idle and if your under light load moving 15 to 20 mph you can feel it miss, or jerk a little bit. If you step into it, doesn't miss. I
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Tips for IAC valve replacement on 91 Town Car 4.6? by Bangster @ Yesterday at 01:14 PM

It would be tough to take off the elbow, knowing you are probably going to see something like this: I thought I had some better images of the intake and EGR also that showed the IAC but I don't.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Cannot get Cruise Control to work on 2007 CVPI? by Bigfieroman @ Yesterday at 12:35 PM

You hit the nail on the head! Thank you so much for the tip - I already have a new switch ordered. Great help!
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by Old_Guy_Stu @ Yesterday at 09:08 AM

Originally Posted By Old_Guy_StuLooking for a PCV grommet that lasts more than a year. This one has good reviews: https://lmr.com/item/LRS-6892A/1986-95-Mustang-50L-Pcv-Valve-Grommet Twice the price of a Dorman, but it's not a Dorman. Since LMR doe
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Performance ECUs for modular V8 by Lance01 @ Yesterday at 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By Colt604I tried using the out of the box tune with an SCT X4 and it was completely useless. Made the transmission shift too late and wayyy to hard. It also made the car significantly slower. Plan on going with a tune from Marty
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Problem with dash gauges by Lance01 @ Yesterday at 01:08 AM

Just updating this. It's confirmed that fuse number 15 blew for the 2nd time now.
Northeast
Jump to new posts Re: U-Pull salvage NJ, CT, PA, NY(above the city) by CommanderCody @ 01/19/22 08:57 PM

There is a U Pull It in New Egypt, NJ. Also another U Pull It in Berlin / Cross Keys, NJ and Friendship Auto in Tabernacle, NJ through its a bit of a muddy death trap. .
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: HVAC Air Flow Issue by 1990LTD @ 01/19/22 08:33 PM

Definitely O rings. What's the likely issue if the airflow is always at least slightly coming from the vents? It'll still switch between the other modes but it's always blowing a bit from the vents, it's easy enough to close them but I'm losing ple
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Timing Chain Guide Affected Years by LSpann601 @ 01/19/22 08:11 PM

Sounds like one of the belt accessories just like they mentioned.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Finally found my misfire!!! by LSpann601 @ 01/19/22 07:35 PM

Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: The Brick by arummel93 @ 01/19/22 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By GibbyNice! I'd love to have an in house powder coating oven... I am also super jealous of the SVO, it's a car on the list, but I don't want a fixer upper, I am waiting for a driver to come for sale... Not 4.10s, but 3.73s went
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: POTM February '22 - submissions by slowlane @ 01/19/22 11:30 AM

Since no one else has submitted anything this month, here's a most unremarkable Panther, my 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis GS. I bought it in January of 2016 with just over 90k miles. It now has 155k miles. Other than a power window motor, rear wheel
The Classics
Jump to new posts Re: My 1950 Ford Custom by The_Cat_Of_Ages @ 01/19/22 10:39 AM

the inside of the garage is taken up by my dads car, a 1985 monte carlo that has an 8.1 vortec swapped into it.
Box Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: New Pics after recent paint job by M_P_A @ 01/19/22 09:29 AM

that's a great looking wagon! Love the color
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: Jerry's Crown Victorias by av8or1 @ 01/19/22 12:54 AM

DES - Alright, thank you for the feedback. Good to get a better idea of when the fender changes actually happened, as well as the changes therein. So the CC module was located there in the older models? Huh, interesting. Well I figured it had to
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Inflated P71 Auction Prices by Dmblanch @ 01/18/22 11:49 PM

Here's the main ding against the Panther becoming a collector car. It wasn't popular in its day, except with police and livery companies, and today its cult following is solely based on the fact that we've all recognized that it represents great val
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right NOW!? by M_P_A @ 01/18/22 10:18 PM

Kyle Kinane - Death of the Party This is my favorite part from it - he talks about Trader Joe's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzTBGLsgr4M
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Interior Upgrade Blog MercMike2iv 03 Grand Marquis by MercMike2iv @ 01/18/22 07:18 PM

This is what alll the doors look like now. Matched all the fake wood with the brushed metal and got them as clean as possible. Glued up every arm rest even the rears that where not coming apart like the fronts where but found they had very little gl
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 67 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 64
SocalSam 62
Old_Guy_Stu 53
2011CVPI 53
a_d_a_m 53
hot__box 50
RF_Overlord 43
Dmblanch 40
GrumpMarky 37
hkerekes 32
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!