Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 p71 AC compressor clutch by 2008interceptor @ Today at 12:46 AM

I'm having it just checked in a few days so I should have the pressures then. I had to replace the condenser a couple of years ago due to a crack on the plastic bypass for the trans cooler part of it. So it did get a vacuum then full charge if that
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Who've you met from CVN? by av8or1 @ Yesterday at 11:40 PM

Met 08Panther when I bought the moon roof from him a while back. That's it for me to-date.
South Central
Jump to new posts Re: Austin CVN by av8or1 @ Yesterday at 11:38 PM

Well March/April has all but come-n-gone. Although TEXAS has officially opened and the mask restriction lifted (last I checked anyway), it seems like good counsel to hold off a bit longer. So let's see where things are when the heat cools off a bit
Events
Jump to new posts Re: The 2021 Freedom 500, April 3rd 2021 by a_d_a_m @ Yesterday at 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By 2011LXWhere do you think those cars would've gone if he hadn't purchased them? Under an old Ford pickup. That's where they all seem to be going anymore. I'm in a FB group for the swaps, and it's not at all uncommon to see guys ha
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: Feedback on Race Suspension by ClayBelt @ Yesterday at 10:31 PM

Get a second set of rear control arms and watts link and weld them back to back, should reduce flexing. You can solve your understeer with a 26mm civvie front sway bar or 21mm rear sway bar from a marauder or HPP cars. Use new cop shocks and springs.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by a_d_a_m @ Yesterday at 10:27 PM

Filled up and gave her a wash.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Long Tubes Header - EGR Mod. by ClayBelt @ Yesterday at 10:25 PM

I deleted the egr
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: Posting pictures? by astrae @ Yesterday at 10:22 PM

^ this is the way I prefer too
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: Been here awhile but got new car by astrae @ Yesterday at 10:21 PM

can't wait to see pics
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: Long time lurker first time poster by astrae @ Yesterday at 10:21 PM

For what it's worth, welcome from a fellow stranger (also a lurker turned poster). Glad to be a part of this community.
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts newbie first post by astrae @ Yesterday at 10:19 PM

Hello. I am introducing myself. I just sold a car and am now looking on Craigslist and elsewhere for a Crown Vic. I live in the central coast of California. I am a long-time car lover and the Vic appeals to me a lot. I love how big, powerful, and c
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Airbag Cross Compatibility by Canuckcarguy @ Yesterday at 09:52 PM

Hi there I recently bought someone else's 2003 CVPI project car. I am currently trying to get a safety here in Manitoba. Biggest issue is the airbag system. It appears the previous owner swapped seats from a Lincoln and now the airbag light is on and
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: Sway bar end links. by CrystalPistol @ Yesterday at 08:32 PM

Does the ADTR front bar have collars made on it to locate it between the frame mounts? I know the stock one did, but my Addco did not and in use it shifted in the mounts over to the right some and the left end of the bar contacted the frame, I use
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: Need some "Noob" advice & guidance by a_d_a_m @ Yesterday at 07:37 PM

re: the control arms... You just need to replace the stamped factory upper/lower rear control arms with some beefier ones from Heinous, CHE, or Metco.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right NOW!? by bluejay_32 @ Yesterday at 06:12 PM

I never have "sweet" dreams about her, they're always really weird. Then again, so are the rest of my dreams.
Tires and Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: 255/50R17 suggestions? by Prospect62 @ Yesterday at 03:24 PM

Excellent, post pics when you get them on!
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: Country Squire exterior trim by 4EyedTurd @ Yesterday at 02:17 PM

Yup, I guess I need to broaden my searching the . Thanks
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: What is this grinding noise when accelerating? by VP71 @ Yesterday at 11:04 AM

Yeah, again, I'm sorry for the bad audio. I tried to record yesterday afternoon. Where I live between 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. the amount of traffic around here is insane. Between the noise from the other cars, and not being able to accelerate to wher
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: The Continental Mk II by CrystalPistol @ Yesterday at 10:06 AM

Those Edsels were fugly cars.
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: Jerry's Crown Victorias by Old_Guy_Stu @ Yesterday at 07:05 AM

Looks like you're raising him right! In fact, you'll be able to hand off this project in another month or so Kick back and hoist a few while the little guy does all the work. Skip the stability control unless you drive in snow all the time and don'
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Need Help With an ‘80 Car? Lemme know by ajdereicup @ 04/12/21 10:27 PM

Just throwing it out there cause this site has helped me many times. I’ve got all the Ford maintenance books for 1980 along with the wiring diagrams and vacuum diagrams for that year. If you need to know how to do anything just let me know and I ca
FoMoCo News
Jump to new posts Last Aussie XR6 Turbo Hwy Patrol Car Retired by Moby_Vic @ 04/12/21 09:50 PM

https://www.caradvice.com.au/942528/rest...in-its-stripes/
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: EGR Vacuum Test with Vacuum Pump (2006) by Muskoka_Joe @ 04/12/21 08:52 PM

According to the post in the link below, the EVR on the ESM will vent vacuum when it is not energized; https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/115928-egr-vacuum-regulator-evr.html Strange, but true. I was watching the readings for Commanded EGR and EGR
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2006 CVPI engine doesn’t sound right. by professorP7B @ 04/12/21 07:53 PM

My rule of thumb is "anywhere in the 10s," so if it's less than 10 but greater than -10 on LTFT it's probably fine. STFT will bounce slightly, again should be within the 10s (although within the 5s is better.) This is coming from a mostly T
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Cooling The Transmission Hard Use by CrystalPistol @ 04/12/21 07:11 PM

Or one could plumb a nice aluminum or other durable gallon or so tank in line kind of like those Moon tanks, in up high, out down low. Buddy had a '67 Mustang with a 427TP he raced, drove on the street some, did that with the coolant, the increase
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Who's Online
0 registered (), 41 Guests and 261 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 153
Old_Guy_Stu 91
a_d_a_m 81
CrystalPistol 66
DudeAbides 52
TheCableGuy 52
RF_Overlord 48
Moby_Vic 47
Ponyguy 46
Bangster 40
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!