Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tires and Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: 18" dodge steel wheels tire size? by Old_Guy_Stu @ 33 seconds ago

Stock tire size for those wheels is 235/55-18. Pretty sure the center hole is 75 or 78 mm, so they won't be hubcentric, and that's important because the bolt circle is 5x115. 2014-up use 14mm studs so the holes are a bit big. The thing is, with the
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right NOW!? by bluejay_32 @ 45 minutes 31 seconds ago

Last night I was watching a movie where the main character (Peter Dinklage) was always listening to Rush in his truck (but only the first album). I need to watch it again because I got distracted and wasn't paying full attention for the second half o
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: My new daily ! by 2007CrownVic @ Today at 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By 2004_p71Originally Posted By 2007CrownVicMy P71 is 3.55 and DBW, never had any of those weird shifting problems. with wich tune ? Stock
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: Colorado Newbie by Vickona @ Today at 07:49 PM

Thanks for the Welcome Guys !! Here is a picture when i first picked it up .
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 P71 - Is my transmission toast? by Q_C @ Today at 07:31 PM

Do you know if, other than the superior tuff plate, there is any kit of sorts for this?
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do to your panther today? by Old_Guy_Stu @ Today at 07:29 PM

Painted the front (only) calipers, replaced the rusty old hoses and bled the system. Glopped some anti-seize on the bleed screws while I was at it. Rear hose didn't want to play, damn Torx screw. F it, by then I was wore out anyway.
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: Slipping out of gear? by Old_Guy_Stu @ Today at 07:25 PM

You can install the brass bushing without affecting cable tension. Just don't release the tab on the cable and the adjustment won't change. I'm gonna guess that the sitting is the cause of your current troubles. You can try some magic tranny goop and
Modular High Performance
[censored] nightmare 10k down the drain ha. Engine builders are blaming the tune and sticking with that now (they were blaming the trans/tc/tune initially). I had everything tested. Tune - reviewed by my dyno tuner, I believe Marty looked at the d
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: Blu's 06 CVPI by TheCableGuy @ Today at 05:53 PM

What’s your take on the front sway bar from ADTR? I’m considering it myself but I have to know if it’s really worth the cost lol.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Is this transmission failure? by RF_Overlord @ Today at 04:09 PM

There's no way the prop shaft should be spinning in Park or Neutral. Something is seriously mis-aligned in either the shift linkage, the DTRS, or the valve body.
Tires and Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Wheel upgrade.... by Warped9 @ Today at 03:40 PM

I have long been of the mindset that 16in. OEM wheels look undersized and wimpy on a CrownVic--it just looks wrong. But this perspective is no doubt due to coming of age at a time when wheel sizes got bigger while tire sidewalls got smaller. Going to
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: A/c accumulator mods by larrys @ Today at 02:51 PM

would rubbing it in grease have done the same thing?
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Exhaust System for 2009 Grand Marquis by CrystalPistol @ Today at 01:48 PM

I have used Walker on cars, but SS was not a viable option then, and Walker was at least as good as Joe's Muffler shop, aluminized steel. Usually 2-3 years with a driver and it was repair time … 4 or 5 if car was covered & rarely driven. Back
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: speedo calibration after gear swap by Egallaher0722 @ Today at 01:40 PM

So I have a 04 lx that I just swapped a 3.27 trac loc rear end in it had 2.73 but if I understand correctly mine has to be done through a tune or programming etc but I took it to the ford garage today and they couldn’t do it they said it would not
Body and Interior
Nice Work!
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: How to make my 4R70W 1st gear whooo louder? by TinyTim @ Today at 11:17 AM

I love that sound,but I was always afraid it was because my trans was ready to blow up,lol
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Town Car Coyote Swap Project by mike460 @ Today at 10:24 AM

Please tell me there are updates that I missed somewhere along the way..... Thanks!
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: I got a tune from Marty at MO's by Warped9 @ Today at 08:30 AM

I am interested to do this as I plan to get a Marauder intake along with throttle-body when this pandemic is done with.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Not exactly spring cleaning by bluejay_32 @ Yesterday at 10:07 PM

And this one says I can buy R12.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: How long does a 98-00 CV 4.6 engine lasts? by Lance01 @ Yesterday at 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By SDHOUHK07I had someone told me my 98 CV LX HPP engine with 126,000 miles original is worn out because it pings on acceleration. this is on youtube and his channel is dedicated to the Crown Vic. I wonder if he is being facetious o
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: POTM June 2020 - submissions by bluejay_32 @ Yesterday at 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By bluejay_32Don't make me do it. bluejay_32's 2008 Underdog. Miles? - it flies Pros - Underdog Other pros - More Underdog Cons - Not enough Underdog Pics
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: New member from Hawaii... ALOHA by a_d_a_m @ Yesterday at 09:40 AM

Originally Posted By KuloloKapolei...... that's where I live. My uncle backs up to Kapolei golf club, I guess.
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: Cold blooded AOD- Questions for the gurus by Old_Guy_Stu @ Yesterday at 07:59 AM

Update/new symptom: So it's still cold blooded. Under 50 degrees F it won't shift until the fluid warms a bit. 1/2 mile to hit 2nd, 1.5 to hit 3rd. If it shifts into 2nd once, it'll do it again, same for third. Only the initial shift into a particul
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Pinging or what? watch the clip by Bellwestern80 @ Yesterday at 12:49 AM

The owners manual does mention some mild spark knock may be experienced on hot days under load. That said, if your car starts pinging from the moment it's given the business, that's too much IMO. Even with everything I've done, on the hottest day
Members' Cars
Jump to new posts Re: 2010 P7B. by 2004_p71 @ Yesterday at 12:08 AM

lots of work but really worth it
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Who's Online
3 registered (Old_Guy_Stu, PerP, Amadeus), 109 Guests and 122 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 256
Blu 106
Old_Guy_Stu 83
2004_p71 78
a_d_a_m 77
Moby_Vic 74
av8or1 72
BigMerc96 71
BigJon 71
Warped9 61
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!