Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
4.6L Based Powertrains
Originally Posted By DavidzqDual exhaust and the 80mm intake setup from a 04+ p71 will get you a 11HP gain. Though be aware that the intake swap requires a tune to account for the larger volume. The ADTR tube is the same diameter as the p71 tube, but
Tires and Wheels
Jump to new posts 17x7 or 17x8 to upgrade to 235/55/17 tires by MC1 @ 03/03/21 07:31 PM

My tires need replaced. I think im going to take the opportunity to get some aftermarket rims. May as well go to 17s What is the better width? I see it listed as ok to put a 235 on a 7 inch rim and they are cheaper and lighter than an 8 and im nev
Steering, Suspension and Brakes
Jump to new posts Re: Slight shudder from front end by Rainbowpizza @ 03/03/21 07:06 PM

When was the last time you got your tires balanced? That might be the problem.
Finds - eBay, CL, Wherever
Jump to new posts Re: Clean Aero by professorP7B @ 03/03/21 02:03 PM

Saw Foxboro and thought no way they mean up here, but sure enough that's up my way.
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: My “New Teksid Build” by Markeist @ 03/03/21 01:41 PM

What specific Vortech kit did you get, and where did you get it for such a good price if you don't mind me asking? Thanks!
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Marauder corner lamp swap into a MGM 06-11? by NIGHTHAWK @ 03/03/21 12:10 PM

Read the many posts on swapping into everything BUT a late model Grand Marquis.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Did my MFS learn a new Trick? by Rootintootin @ 03/03/21 07:28 AM

I found out I can't blame it on the MFS. I got a new one from Napa and it still does the same thing. That indicates to me that the 3 wipes is a function of the motor and not the switch (but I'm probably wrong. Who knows, maybe it's controlled by the
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: 70mm Throttle Body swap by FR3AK @ 03/03/21 02:50 AM

I'm new here and just got a 2010 crown vic p7b and .you question is what throttle body can I use to upgrade my car that I can pick up at a salvage yard or not to pricey online im a single father so I can't afford to get summit or bbk but iv seen so m
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: DBW goes lazy over time. by CommanderCody @ 03/03/21 01:29 AM

I did clean the MAF last spring and the TB last winter. When I first do a relearn its more responsive but slowly slows down after a few weeks, not right away. It seems as the computer relearns the throttle, the response slows down. This is why I ques
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: HELP!!!!!!!!! bank 2 lean by Old_Guy_Stu @ 03/02/21 09:22 PM

Originally Posted By ford05... while driving home on the highway car started overheating. I was not paying attention to the needle until I started seeing smoke from under the hood. This is when I pulled aside on the highway and open the hood and boy
Jump to new posts Re: Cracked front spring. by CommanderCody @ 03/02/21 07:30 PM

To give a quick update on my replacement Monroe struts, they seem to be holding up so far and maintain the original ride height. However, they do seem to be a little softer. Before installing I compared the Monroes to the original struts and the Monr
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Sct temp reading higher by dixiebandit69 @ 03/02/21 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By RF_OverlordBait and switch...that listing doesn't say Motorcraft anywhere, just "OEM". Near the bottom it says "Brand - YourRadiator" Yup, as soon as he said "New CHT sensor" I was instantly s
Jump to new posts Re: Did NAAKE Send me the Right Coilovers? by BlackVic_P71 @ 03/02/21 04:14 PM

What would make you think they were wrong? You have to pull the shaft to extend it all the way, there is a plate that goes at the top to mount it into the car...the single stud goes through that plate(the plate has 3 studs)
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Real talk: 2020 CVN Meet? by GrumpMarky @ 03/02/21 11:19 AM

I had my LSE down in Savannah back in '05. It could definitely make it again, but my schedule won't permit this year..
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: New big ford owner in UK - project resto/lowrider by Old_Guy_Stu @ 03/02/21 06:55 AM

All that faffing about pays off when you put it all together. The more time you spend on little [censored] side projects now (when it's apart) the fewer emergency "OMG this doesn't fit and now I have to cut that and repaint half the car!" d
Body and Interior
Thanks Bro for your help, let me check this out too.
Gallery
Jump to new posts CP's last work cars by CrystalPistol @ 03/02/21 12:11 AM

2006 CVPI ready to turn in upon retirement, the same 2006 in a snowy weekend and my '98 at the office.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Best fitting aftermarket tail lights by CrystalPistol @ 03/01/21 11:50 PM

Originally Posted By 2007CrownVicFactory darker lights light marauders is in the color of plastic. It doesn't have a layer of film blocking the light. They are approved too.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Inflated P71 Auction Prices by Tenevic_P71 @ 03/01/21 06:23 PM

I was bidding on this KPD car last week. 121k miles, won't come out of park, warning lights on the dash, and a wreck of an interior. Sold for 1700 out the door. And I felt like a chump entering my top bid of $1100. One positive thing I noti
North Central
Jump to new posts Re: NW Ohio/ SE Michigan by 95TownCar @ 03/01/21 02:34 PM

Late response, I'm in the Monroe County Area a wee bit north in Michigan
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: "Guten Tag" from Germany by 2004_p71 @ 03/01/21 01:47 PM

It is so uncommon to see rear fog light here that putting them into the back up light would raise a big red flag with the police lol.
4.6L Based Powertrains
The first 4 of the engineering number are year and model. So yes, can be similar just for another vehicle, and there is code for replacement parts. Doesn't mean they are the same though, because the middle number is usually same across platforms for
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Youtube chase videos by 2004_p71 @ 03/01/21 10:17 AM

Originally Posted By EnitalpOriginally Posted By 2004_p71They are both getting harder to find in good condition . I'm shocked. Any new one available or aftermarket ? I bought new ones from ford two years ago front and rear and they worth the mo
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: Noob in Canada, Qc by Enitalp @ 03/01/21 08:32 AM

I'm going to see the car friday. and if goes well i buy it. But as i'm between two houses with a gap between the two, i will get my car delivered only after april 1 .
Finds - eBay, CL, Wherever
Jump to new posts Re: Brownish-gray Marauder by 124neta @ 02/28/21 09:16 PM

I'm not crazy about it, but it looks to fit the family of colors it was available in well. Colors like that can really be tough to judge in photos. If i was gonna respray, I'd FU it.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Who's Online
5 registered (bobb, klr, Bangster, Moby_Vic, LTC_Dave), 75 Guests and 274 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 322
a_d_a_m 234
Rainbowpizza 185
DudeAbides 150
JeffBoudah 114
Moby_Vic 103
Old_Guy_Stu 83
Bangster 61
BigNSlow 59
RF_Overlord 54
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!