Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: Throttle sticking by RF_Overlord @ 06/18/21 02:34 PM

Agree w/TheShadow. Get a can of throttle body cleaner (not carb cleaner) and clean out the inside of the bore. Open the butterfly by hand and you likely see a ridge of guck. This is the sticking feeling you're having. Might have to use an old toothbr
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: engine running lean, both banks. No vacuum leak* by ecashin90 @ 06/18/21 10:12 AM

Thanks for the tip! I'd been working my way back from fuel and air and I guess they both lead to the same thing. I'm in midst of four 13's so won't be able to get into them until monday.
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2006 GM Downshifts and then Immediately Upshifts by bradwentzel @ 06/18/21 12:00 AM

These might be the words that explain the difference between my 2006 and 2009. "Also, the transmission fluid was changed to Mercon LV (part number XT-10-QLV) and the valve body updated." You reworked your valve body, which probably made it
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right NOW!? by bluejay_32 @ 06/17/21 07:34 PM

Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: POTM July 2021 - submissions by bluejay_32 @ 06/17/21 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By TheCableGuyOriginally Posted By bluejay_32How many months in a row I gotta take cool/new pictures, especially when it keeps getting uglier every month? That’s when you wax it… But what about the car?
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts Re: Hi - Again - From Oklahoma by bluejay_32 @ 06/17/21 06:48 PM

4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 4R75 rebuild by Lance01 @ 06/17/21 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By Tenevic_P71Found burnt forward clutch, torn lip seals on forward clutch piston, as well as worn OD servo pin bore. Not much else. Trans case is marked rebuilt at 81k miles. Got a rebuild kit, couple bushings, repair OD pin, TUFF
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Crown Vic 7.3 Godzilla swap (part 9) Video by DannyB @ 06/17/21 01:54 PM

Swaps like this never cease to amaze me! I could handle sorting fitment issues etc.....but the wiring/electronics involved legit gives me anxiety lol. Kudos to them!
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Need Torque Specs for Tensioner and Idler Pulley by 66lincoln @ 06/17/21 01:12 PM

**Disregard, I finally found it. Took me about ten search attempts to finally get a useable return. What is the torque specs for the accessory drive belt tensioner and the idler pulley? I've heard overtightening will crack the aluminum timing cover
Events
Jump to new posts Re: UTAH Panther Rendezvous Saturday June 19 by Dmblanch @ 06/16/21 04:35 PM

Bump, for those Utah guys who log in infrequently.
FoMoCo News
Jump to new posts Birthday wishes... by Ponyguy @ 06/16/21 03:03 PM

Happy Birthday to FORD MOTOR COMPANY! Ford Motor Company was incorporated June 16, 1903, with headquarters in Dearborn Michigan. The company was held privately by members of the Ford family until going public in 1956, but the Ford family, through
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: 06 crown vic sport fog lights by 06sport @ 06/16/21 04:13 AM

Can anyone give me any info on this?
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Annoying chirp by Ponyguy @ 06/16/21 01:15 AM

Originally Posted By PeachpickerCheck the usual suspects, serpentine belt, alternator, tensioner, idler, a/c clutch, P/S, and water pump. My money is on the harmonic balancer though. Just went through this ordeal myself and that's what it turned ou
Scale Model/Die Cast Cars
Jump to new posts Re: Best Crown Victoria Model/Model Kit? by Ponyguy @ 06/16/21 12:52 AM

I was shopping at HobbyLobby this afternoon, looking for a model car for my grandson Danny... he's turning 10 next Tuesday, (also my birthday). I came across a 2008 CV NYC Taxicab... 1/24th scale metal kit... on sale at 40% off... actually, ALL box
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Aftermarket fender fitment by 2008interceptor @ 06/15/21 06:56 PM

Do you have a picture of what the fender looks like now. Even with a new oem you may have a little bit of tweaking needed plus the cost of painting it. If you are pretty good at body work fiberglass/bondo may be the good option. You could always c
Caring for Your Car
Jump to new posts Re: Feelings on using Ford Parts? by AlleyG @ 06/15/21 05:32 PM

I would use Ford parts whenever possible. I've proven time and time again that local parts store parts have a lifespan of about 5 years max. So if you plan to sell the car in a year, put the crappy parts on it and keep the receipt for the warrantee.
Lizard Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: outdoor car cover by CNGInterceptor @ 06/15/21 04:46 PM

I use a Covercraft WeatherShield HP car cover for my Galaxie. It has seen every storm New England could throw at it and it lasted 4 years before finally ripping. I didn't waste any time in ordering another one.
Body and Interior
Jump to new posts Re: Swapping 98-02 Doors onto a 2005 MGM? by 2004_p71 @ 06/15/21 03:11 PM

It will fit for as long as you transfer everything from one door to the other one. That being said get some 1/4 rivets and a big rivet gun as everything is mounted with those rivets .
Caring for Your Car
Jump to new posts Re: Need help: 2011 P7B stalls with AC on. by Pxcanon @ 06/15/21 01:15 PM

Lol thankfully no, I was sent a replacement since the first one had an electrical fault.
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: Hard Decision. by 2004_p71 @ 06/15/21 12:58 PM

I am exactly in the same boat ! I LOVE boxes BUT I cant stand the flimsy frame , the aod and even worts the 5.0 . I am debating on getting another box or doing a frame swap on my aero (frames is busted under passernger a pillar like most 02- frame
4.6L Based Powertrains
Jump to new posts Re: 2006 p71 stutters after coasting. by TheCableGuy @ 06/15/21 12:37 PM

I thought that I had TC Shudder for a long time. Happened only when at 40, cruising and then going up an incline. Even after doing the JMod, it never went away. ForScan didn’t show any misfires either. So I figured I would live with it until it ju
Newbie Junction
Jump to new posts New P7B Owner Any Tips? by Djsmokin @ 06/15/21 12:35 PM

I recently bought a 2010 Crown Victoria P7B with 95k miles. It runs and drives great I just have to fix some wiring to fix a low voltage engine light. But other than that are there any tips to keep it running strong?
Caring for Your Car
Jump to new posts Re: Need some help : 2008 CVPI with ?electrical? Issue by RandomPerson @ 06/15/21 11:51 AM

Update2: Car Runs now, Car seems solved. I took every fuse, relay, and diode out, cleaned them with contact cleaner, and refitted them, and now it works. Cant say which fuse or relay was the problem but this was a simple case of check twice, work onc
Modular High Performance
Jump to new posts Re: 5.4 Swap FAQ's by 2004_p71 @ 06/15/21 10:13 AM

sct are hot or miss sometimes . I had problems too trying to data log for marty . The same hapenned to the fuel trim .
Box Tech
Jump to new posts Re: Things to look for by slacker_zer0 @ 06/14/21 06:06 PM

CFI in the US was 81-85 with carbs being an option on fleet cars up until 83(?). 86 starts EFI. Canadian cars kept the carb option up until 91. Just a heads up, CFI likes to run bone stock and there isn't really much upgrading you can really do to
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Who's Online
1 registered (blackhueys), 25 Guests and 287 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 111
Old_Guy_Stu 85
Ponyguy 62
a_d_a_m 58
Moby_Vic 56
Dmblanch 46
DudeAbides 41
JeffBoudah 36
Lance01 35
Davidzq 33
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!