transmission cooler lines leaking

Posted by: Bigrick31

transmission cooler lines leaking - 07/01/08 05:27 PM

My transmission cooler lines look horrible. there is fluid and gunk all over them. they may even be leaking onto my power steering pump pulley. I want to replace them and i thought i saw a thread on here before that someone posted a link to some new lines that were only about $16 ive been searching and cant find them. anyone know where i can get these hoses?
Posted by: drifter

Re: transmission cooler lines leaking - 07/01/08 07:46 PM

ebay.
Posted by: keith96p71

Re: transmission cooler lines leaking - 07/04/08 05:25 PM

you dont have to replace the whole line. just cut out the rotted section and replace it with rubber line from autozone ,advanced or whereever. make sure it says "tranny cooler line " on it. use good hose clamps 2 each on each end. flare the ends of the metal if u can.
Posted by: Bigrick31

Re: transmission cooler lines leaking - 07/07/08 03:23 PM

the whole thing looks like poo! I tried calling summit racing to get some new lines maybe Steele braided anyone know what size the stock lines are?
Posted by: keith96p71

Re: transmission cooler lines leaking - 07/09/08 08:06 PM

they are rusted that bad end to end?? i think they are 3/8 u can still go to autozone /napa etc.. and get 3/8 hardline and make your own lines.
Posted by: dRock96Marquis

Re: transmission cooler lines leaking - 07/10/08 01:11 AM

5/16"
Posted by: Dextrovic

Re: transmission cooler lines leaking - 07/10/08 01:17 AM

Figure that power steering and tranny cooler lines are already oil resistant by their very nature considering what flows thru them. BFD if they look monkey arse...they'll still work.
Posted by: mrbear5300

Re: transmission cooler lines leaking - 07/10/08 04:09 AM

Are the lines from the transmission to the radiator available from Ford, all pre bent and ready to go?
Posted by: Timmn1

Re: transmission cooler lines leaking - 07/10/08 06:30 AM

I seem to remember seeing that some Panthers had a reinforced flexible line running from the transmission all the way to the cooler, or am I seeing things again?
Posted by: PantherCruiser

Re: transmission cooler lines leaking - 05/06/21 10:07 PM

The Parts That Worked For Me: These were the front lines going from bottom of the block to the front of the radiator (a/c condesor)

6W1Z-7A030-C and 6W1Z-7A031-C ordered from Ford Parts Prime
Posted by: RipWixomAssembly

Re: transmission cooler lines leaking - 05/07/21 01:50 PM

Holy cow, this thread coming up is a blast from the past