Looking for my '63 Lincoln Continental...

Posted by: DoublePrime

Looking for my '63 Lincoln Continental... - 04/23/03 12:55 PM

Here's a real long shot. I sold my '63 Lincoln Continental sedan back in the '80's and was wondering if anyone here has seen it. I lived in Staten Island, NY at the time and the guy who bought it was moving to NJ. The car could be anywhere (or, nowhere) by now. It was dark blue with a red leather interior, VIN 3Y82N401328. I know it's like looking for a needle in a haystack, but what the heck, it's worth a post.
Posted by: DavidB

Re: Looking for my '63 Lincoln Continental... - 04/23/03 01:20 PM

You might get a better response from the LCOC, from their message board at:

http://www.michiganlcoc.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

TTYL
David

Re: Looking for my '63 Lincoln Continental... - 03/03/11 09:44 PM

I can't believe I posted this nearly eight years ago. Time for a bump!

Re: Looking for my '63 Lincoln Continental... - 07/26/12 09:19 PM

Now it's 9 years. Time for another bump!
Posted by: Derek19CrownVic

Re: Looking for my '63 Lincoln Continental... - 07/26/12 11:32 PM

soo.. 9 years later and any luck ?
Posted by: Ejohnson

Re: Looking for my '63 Lincoln Continental... - 08/12/12 05:43 PM

Sometimes, you're better off not knowing what happened to it. My dad had a '69 Chevelle Malibu he bought new, his first new car. It was his baby!! After many years, he sold it to 2 brothers. A few years ago, he asked me to see if I could find the car. What I found out was that later on, the brothers were driving thru Indianapolis one night, lost ocntrol, and slammed into a tree. One died, the other is disabled. There wasn't enough of the car left to even ID as a Chevelle. I never told my dad. If I did, he'd probably cry.
Posted by: CNGInterceptor

Re: Looking for my '63 Lincoln Continental... - 08/26/12 09:17 AM

^ that's a sad story! This is why I refuse to sell my first car.

It needs some work, as it's been sitting for 8 years, but I still have it and it's next on the project list after the Cobra conversion!
Posted by: flyboy

Re: Looking for my '63 Lincoln Continental... - 08/26/12 10:08 AM

I had a situation happen to me when I traded my 04 Sport (I had bought it new) in 04. I traded for the 04 Ultimate & the guy that bought the Sport lives locally. I saw it last month. I had added a deck spoiler, magnaflow mufflers, Maurader tips & a honeycomb grill. It was a dark toredor red, 35k miles on it & it was always clean. The front bumper cover was ripped & had a huge hole in it on the passenger's side, I had put Muth signal mirrors on it & he managed to knock the passenger side mirror off. Somehow he had knocked the rear tailpipe hanger off the passenger side & it was bouncing around. I washed it on a weekly basis & waxed it every spring. Now one has to look close to see what color it is. I did get the last word with him last week. He & his wife pulled up beside me at a stop light & told me to tell him when I was going to trade the Town Car. As the light changed I told him that I was going to be buried in my Lincoln. Their facial expression was worth every penny!
Posted by: N4RC

Re: Looking for my '63 Lincoln Continental... - 08/26/12 12:47 PM

Considering where it is, it's probably got 30" floaters and a velour interior now.
Posted by: AJ215

Re: Looking for my '63 Lincoln Continental... - 11/20/12 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By: N4RC
Considering where it is, it's probably got 30" floaters and a velour interior now.

As long as it would be in good shape thats all that matters biggrin
Posted by: Derek19CrownVic

Re: Looking for my '63 Lincoln Continental... - 11/30/12 06:11 PM

Originally Posted By: AJ215
Originally Posted By: N4RC

As long as it would be in good shape thats all that matters biggrin

not to some bonehead people

Re: Looking for my '63 Lincoln Continental... - 02/13/15 10:40 PM

Another couple of years, another bump....
Posted by: fomoco4me

Re: Looking for my '63 Lincoln Continental... - 02/14/15 01:31 AM

I had a 63 Lincoln Continental White with black interior. I sold it in the 80s so I could buy a new MGM. I kept track of it and had a chance to buy it back for $500 a few years later. I don't remember why I did not buy it back. Still kept track of it until about seven years ago when I moved to Maine. I might still be able to find it.
The LCOC would be an avenue in finding it. Unless things have changed, they were more interested in convertibles than sedans unless they were in outstanding shape. Someone there could have bought it to restore or for a parts car.
Posted by: theicksta

Re: Looking for my '63 Lincoln Continental... - 06/09/15 11:17 AM

I can help you find that car but not exact that is a longshot but try kentucky, indiana, and michigan sometimes illinois I notice alot of old cars on the market.
Posted by: akr619

Re: Looking for my '63 Lincoln Continental... - 07/02/15 02:21 PM

I would see if you can find one from ebay from a classic car seller, the ones on craigslist can be iffy sometimes. Especially if travel is involved.

Re: Looking for my '63 Lincoln Continental... - 02/05/16 05:45 PM

Still haven't bumped into my Lincoln. I thought it would be nice to see it if it still exists. Truth to tell, it was not the most reliable thing on four wheels and broke down regularly. For example, when the water pump started leaking, our regular mechanic (and several others) wanted no part of replacing it, so it became a do-it-yourself project that took quite a while.
Posted by: a_d_a_m

Re: Looking for my '63 Lincoln Continental... - 02/05/16 08:49 PM

I assume you scour Craigslist pretty regularly?

Update 2019 - 01/02/19 08:08 PM

I was going through old paperwork last night and found a business card with the name of the guy who bought the Lincoln from me in 1983. In about 10 seconds of searching I found that he passed away in 2011, with no close relatives. Oh, well......