Digital cluster to analog. Tips?

Posted by: SDHOUHK07

Digital cluster to analog. Tips? - 07/17/21 11:33 PM

I love the hell out of my 1998 Ford Crown Victoria LX HPP. It's been a great car to me. However, I'm not too fond of the digital cluster and would greatly consider going down to analog gauge cluster. Perhaps a Marauder style or a 1999-2002 standard analog gauge on Mercury GM or on the Crown Vic. How can I go about getting it successfully connected?
Posted by: Bellwestern80

Re: Digital cluster to analog. Tips? - 07/18/21 03:03 PM

Recommended it a wiring diagram to match up harnesses.

Parts wise, you’d need a donor cluster, the connectors to go with it, and a analog instrument bezel.

If you want the Marauders cluster, you’ll need a tachometer adapter to feed the input to it.

I have swapped from digital to analog in my ‘97, except I used a ‘90-‘91 police speedometer, but it is a doable swap if you desire.
Posted by: SDHOUHK07

Re: Digital cluster to analog. Tips? - 07/18/21 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By Bellwestern80
Recommended it a wiring diagram to match up harnesses.

Parts wise, you’d need a donor cluster, the connectors to go with it, and a analog instrument bezel.

If you want the Marauders cluster, you’ll need a tachometer adapter to feed the input to it.

I have swapped from digital to analog in my ‘97, except I used a ‘90-‘91 police speedometer, but it is a doable swap if you desire.

Sweet! I like the 98-02 Cluster. I saw an 03-05 cluster for $60 on ebay and I felt tempted to get it, but I heard 03-05 maybe a lot different than 98-02. The digi cluster is nice, but I much rather have the gauge cluster. I also consider maybe buying a marauder tachometer or tachometer that will fit in the analog gauge cluster since those gauges are removeable. But its not an urgent project that needs immediate commencement anytime soon.

But we know for a fact that 2006+ Panther cluster will take as my vocational teacher would say, the act of Congress to swap.

BTW where can I get the wiring diagram for the Crown Vic cluster connection?
Posted by: Bellwestern80

Re: Digital cluster to analog. Tips? - 07/18/21 06:06 PM

Usually for a wiring diagram, I'd suggest finding your model year's EVTM on eBay or the like.

I think there might be some on dRock's SuperMotor page, so I'll poke around since it has the pinouts you'd need. Those are what I used in conjunction with my stuff to make everything go.