Free online chilton repair manuals

Posted by: toxic29

Free online chilton repair manuals - 02/01/12 06:35 PM

Found this online great find. it also is linked to ebay motors when you click on for example how to repair lower ball joint replacement it will automatically pull up replacement parts pics and prices pretty frickin sweet im stoked http://www.bustedknucklefilms.com/forum/showthread.php?227-Free-online-Chilton-Manuals
Posted by: DDK03CVPI

Re: Free online chilton repair manuals - 02/01/12 07:51 PM

Thanks Toxic that's a nice library. I've got my Ford manual,but
having access to the TSBs is really nice!

DDK
Posted by: FrankJAG

Re: Free online chilton repair manuals - 02/01/12 10:47 PM

Sweet find thanks!!
Posted by: PB92

Re: Free online chilton repair manuals - 02/02/12 06:08 PM

How do you login? I dont have a license from there....
Posted by: karmatourer

Re: Free online chilton repair manuals - 02/02/12 06:12 PM

Freakin' amazing since I can't download from Ford website for my '94.Thanks for the savings.
Posted by: DDK03CVPI

Re: Free online chilton repair manuals - 02/02/12 06:56 PM

I did like the post in the thread & used A123456123456 in the
drivers lic. field. Worked fine!

Good luck, DDK
Posted by: rob3ford

Re: Free online chilton repair manuals - 04/12/12 04:38 PM

Thank you vary much I bookmarked it.
Posted by: Leadfoot

Re: Free online chilton repair manuals - 04/13/12 08:05 AM

awesome find tyvm
Posted by: perfordmance

Re: Free online chilton repair manuals - 05/03/12 12:21 AM

Great find! Input the letter followed by 12 numbers, then bookmark the next page. Thanks!
Posted by: joeP

Re: Free online chilton repair manuals - 09/13/15 10:22 PM

thought I'd check to see if anyone had posted this.

the link no longer seems to be active, so here's a new one

- FOR MICHIGAN RESIDENTS ONLY - Michigan Electronic Library

If prompted for a license/ID number, just enter a random letter (K works) followed by 12 digits.

EDIT - it looks like they've caught on and have closed it off to anyone who's IP doesn't show them as being in the state of MI.

TRY THIS ONE INSTEAD

While it's not a factory service manual, you can't beat free. They even have a mobile-friendly version of the sight - great for getting grease, dirt and scratches all over my tablet!
Posted by: IPreferDIY

Re: Free online chilton repair manuals - 09/13/15 10:42 PM

Here's what I get:

"This resource is brought to you by the Michigan eLibrary (A program of the Library of Michigan). Access to ChiltonLibrary.com is available only to Michigan residents. We can no longer authenticate users either through a library card or a Michigan drivers license because of increased unauthorized use of the database. Access is only authorized by geo-ip verification i.e. the IP address of the users device will tell us that they are located in Michigan"

I just borrow a hard copy version (along with a Haynes one) from my local library if I might need it.
Posted by: joeP

Re: Free online chilton repair manuals - 09/13/15 11:40 PM

try the second link -it's new mexico. otherwise it seems like most state's online libraries give you access to it. I just started googling random states followed by "state online library". New Mexico was the third try after Ohio and Alaska. Their link just looks like a straight up key (no authentication page like MEL). That's why I linked the main site and not right to chilton library - the key may change.
Posted by: IPreferDIY

Re: Free online chilton repair manuals - 09/14/15 12:16 AM

Yup, it worked. Thanks!
Posted by: BigMerc96

Re: Free online chilton repair manuals - 09/14/15 08:06 AM

Free is the only price I'd pay for a Chilton or Haynes manual. They are worth less than the paper they are printed on. Especially the one for my car "RWD full size Lincoln, 1971-2010". Barely even mentions the 4.6.
Posted by: Kitulu

Re: Free online chilton repair manuals - 05/09/21 03:17 AM

This may be a zombie thread, but I have some useful 2 cents to toss in. For those who are active duty military, or retired, you can access Chiltons manuals online for free through the MWR Library website. You have to set up an online account at the on-post library, but once you do that you can log in at your house. It is the same setup that the Auto Skills Center on post uses for their repair manuals.