How the heck do I change the clock!?

Posted by: jdavis90

How the heck do I change the clock!? - 03/03/21 10:51 PM

Hey everyone, I'm new here I just got a 1985 crown victoria coupe last week. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the time on the clock. Anyone wanna help me out?
Posted by: CrystalPistol

Re: How the heck do I change the clock!? - 03/04/21 12:00 AM

1985 ... Does the stem knob pull out.
Posted by: Old_Guy_Stu

Re: How the heck do I change the clock!? - 03/04/21 06:25 AM

Analog, digital, or Tripminder?

Re: How the heck do I change the clock!? - 03/04/21 08:07 PM

It has the tripminder with the buttons, ive tried holding the "clock" button down but it doesn't allow me to change the time. I don't know what sequence to press the buttons.

Re: How the heck do I change the clock!? - 03/04/21 08:41 PM

And.... never mind, I finally found picture of the instruction pamphlet

Re: How the heck do I change the clock!? - 03/04/21 08:45 PM

This is from memory, I'll check the manual later:
Push Clock
Hold down the R button, hours should blink, minutes not shown. Push S to advance. Push R to set minutes, S to advance, R to select day of week, S to advance, R to set month, S to advance, R to select day, S to advance. Final press of R stores and starts the clock running.

It's possible that the contacts are corroded and you'll need to spritz some contact cleaner in there.

Re: How the heck do I change the clock!? - 03/08/21 12:37 PM

thanks for the responses, the sequence was just as youre describing old guy stu. it did take multiple clicks on the buttons to get them to work, i will be using some contact cleaner when i get a chance to clean the contact points.

Re: How the heck do I change the clock!? - 03/08/21 08:50 PM

You'll have to do it again in a week when DST ends, and any time you disconnect the battery.