PDX/Vancouver roll call

Posted by: Anthony84

PDX/Vancouver roll call - 08/16/12 04:06 PM

Alright...I've met some great members up at the Tacoma/Seattle area during our meet...now its time for a local member roundup. If you are in Vancouver/PDX OR a surrounding area and are down for a meet; respond to this thread so we can keep a list of locals going and get our meet together and planned!

I'm in Vancouver...and GO!
Posted by: 02CVSport

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 08/17/12 04:02 AM

I'm in the Salem area.

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 08/17/12 02:10 PM

^^ Thats close! Who else we got? Sweet Sport by the way...I'm jealous!
Posted by: PacificNWBuckeye

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 08/18/12 11:21 PM

I'm still in Battle Ground. Work has been very busy so I haven't been able to be on here much.

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 08/20/12 11:35 AM

Originally Posted By: PacificNWBuckeye
I'm still in Battle Ground. Work has been very busy so I haven't been able to be on here much.
^^ I understand that one...since I work at a car lot, I tend to be on here during work hours a bit...lol. But keep poppin in...we're gonna do something before the fall.
Posted by: lxsport503

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 08/20/12 05:57 PM

Portland oregon right here. I need to take some pics of my ride soon....between two jobs,school and a new born-time is not on my side but ill ger some pics soon.......hopefully

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 08/21/12 01:31 AM

Thanks for the compliment. She looks good from 10 feet but has plenty of flaws up close; however, with 162k on the clock, that's to be expected. Of course, an '04 with low miles(like yours) is something I hope isn't too far in the future for me. Like the rims on your ride.

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 08/21/12 10:49 PM

When do you want to buy mine then? I'll take yours on trade;) I miss having no car payments... Working in the car business, I realize they ALL have flaws as soon as they're driven off the lot out of the plastic wrappers...I just do my best to hide and repair them constantly...
Posted by: Jeremysp1993

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 08/21/12 11:02 PM

Im up for a meet! Haha. Im open like anytime actually.

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 08/21/12 11:06 PM

Originally Posted By: 02CVSport
Thanks for the compliment. She looks good from 10 feet but has plenty of flaws up close; however, with 162k on the clock, that's to be expected. Of course, an '04 with low miles(like yours) is something I hope isn't too far in the future for me. Like the rims on your ride.

Yeah mine is an 03 with around 170 and it isnt too bad, of course has its flaws in the paint. But hell, I only bought it for 2k soo I didnt go wrong on it.

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 08/23/12 12:24 AM

Ultimately, a Marauder is what I'd like to get. Like this one in Bend

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 08/23/12 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By: 02CVSport
Ultimately, a Marauder is what I'd like to get. Like this one in Bend

Wouldnt we all...
Posted by: P712003

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 08/27/12 11:58 PM

I'm up in Whidbey but I know if nothing happens until the December time frame if anyones around I will be in the Damascus/Gresham, Or area.

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 08/30/12 02:19 PM

Im in the puyallup area.

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 09/07/12 10:20 PM

I picked up my Vic in puyallup.

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 09/08/12 03:16 PM

Oh nice! I got mine up in Monroe.
Posted by: UndaCovaBrotha

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 09/18/12 09:46 PM

IM in vancouver, should be picking up a vic in the next couple weeks.

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 09/18/12 11:40 PM

Right on! Do you have one lined up?

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 09/19/12 12:30 AM

Theres a couple. the beige one is growing on me the more i think about it. but there is a couple in portland that i wanna take a look at.

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 09/26/12 11:16 PM

I was hoping to be like Rip Van Winkle and wake up to magically find 20 members from around here...

@UndaCovaBrotha: We must make flyers or something to start getting people on here! I saw an amazing P71 @ Fred Meyers tonight...shoulda waited to invite him but I had to get moving.

To my neighbors just North of me, I'm sure we'll all meet up again. The Tacoma meet was fun for sure! (...is that one a cop?...is that one a cop?)

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 09/27/12 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Anthony84
I was hoping to be like Rip Van Winkle and wake up to magically find 20 members from around here...

@UndaCovaBrotha: We must make flyers or something to start getting people on here! I saw an amazing P71 @ Fred Meyers tonight...shoulda waited to invite him but I had to get moving.

To my neighbors just North of me, I'm sure we'll all meet up again. The Tacoma meet was fun for sure! (...is that one a cop?...is that one a cop?)

i saw a marauder on 136th after class today, gave him the thumbs up. he looked confused, "why is this riced out dodge giving me the thumbs up?"
Posted by: HeavyMetalMerc

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 09/27/12 10:21 AM

Anthony there is a cvn card jpeg that can be printed out.
i can send you via PM.
also careful on flyering cars, as some on here dont like spam on their cars windsheild, but, would rather we as members hand the card/invite over to owner personally.
just saying.
card is kinda cool so will get that to you soon.
i may come down in spring to visit family.
maybe hit up at vancouver mall? let know as gets closer to the date

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 09/27/12 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By: HeavyMetalMerc
Anthony there is a cvn card jpeg that can be printed out.
i can send you via PM.
also careful on flyering cars, as some on here dont like spam on their cars windsheild, but, would rather we as members hand the card/invite over to owner personally.
just saying.
card is kinda cool so will get that to you soon.
i may come down in spring to visit family.
maybe hit up at vancouver mall? let know as gets closer to the date

Sounds good! I'm always up for a meet. If we get enough local members by then we could arange a meet at my work or something. We have a dyno in the speed shop...and a a photo booth for when we do pics of inventory cars. So if we had a few members on board we could probably really arrange a cool mini meet.

Thanks for the tip about flyering cars. I've been spammed before with car show invites with previous cars...doesn't bug me as much as ones for weight loss or pizza coupons. But I suppose you're right. It'd make more sense to actually wait and meet the person and genuinely invite them. Most likely any nice or customized Panther belongs to someone who really loves em.

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 10/14/12 06:12 PM

...(tumbleweeds)...

I hate to say it; I'm so jealous of almost 3/4 of the U.S. Seems like up here in Washington and Oregon; we have no Panther love...
Posted by: Jinx

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 10/15/12 03:37 PM

...(tumbleweeds)...

I hate to say it; I'm so jealous of almost 3/4 of the U.S. Seems like up here in Washington and Oregon; we have no Panther love...

I have Panther love. frown

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 10/15/12 04:52 PM

it goes dead like this from time to time
Posted by: Jinx

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 10/15/12 11:15 PM

Yeah. Wait until February or March when another meetup gets into the planning stages. Just like the PNW, this section of the forums tends to go in hibernation.

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 10/15/12 11:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Jinx
Yeah. Wait until February or March when another meetup gets into the planning stages. Just like the PNW, this section of the forums tends to go in hibernation.
^^ Haha. Fair enough. I guess that means we gotta plan stuff for our cars all winter so at the next meet (which will be even MORE epic...) we have a bigger turnout and lots of cool rides to check out. I wanna make the next one convenient enough so we have loads of NW members (including the few members from my hometown of SPOKANE!) maybe even some of the Cali guys too...

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 10/15/12 11:59 PM

I just wish we were close enough for Motor City Madness or STAP or any other of the big events I've seen.
Posted by: Hola

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 11/20/12 12:41 AM

Another Portlander here!

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 11/20/12 12:45 AM

Out of curiosity, do people ever bring spare parts to sell or trade at these meets? On another forum I used to frequent they would use the meets as mini swapmeets to exchange the extra parts everybody always seems to collect.

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 11/20/12 02:55 PM

Hey:) Welcome by the way! At our Tacoma meet there were a few small exchanges of parts. And afterwards a couple people hit the pick n pull up there where they had loads of CVPIs.

I wish we had more regular meetups and stuff around these parts. So many Panthers rollin around here, too... Thats why I started this thread so we can all keep track of each other. Lol.

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 11/23/12 09:43 AM

depends on parts. if you wanted something or needed something and anyone coming might have it then parts may make journy to event.
most times alo can post here in NW section for wants as well as the Wanted section too.

was there something specific looking for?
also welcome as well.
Posted by: Totalled

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 11/23/12 06:22 PM

Oly area.
Posted by: The_Punisher

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 11/23/12 11:08 PM

Oly eh? I used to live in Shelton

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 11/28/12 02:05 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys. I didn't have any specific parts I was looking for, I guess I just like hoarding parts. grin

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 11/28/12 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Hola
Thanks for the welcome guys. I didn't have any specific parts I was looking for, I guess I just like hoarding parts. grin

When are we gonna see pics of the Panther? You're close enough to me I wanna be able to give you props if I see ya! Lol

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 12/04/12 04:15 PM

When are we gonna see pics of the Panther? You're close enough to me I wanna be able to give you props if I see ya! Lol

Here it is. I'm not sure how long I'll have it, though. I tend to go through cars pretty quick. Although if I do get rid of it I'm sure another Panther will be right behind it. I'm thinking maybe a Grand Marquis with CVPI suspension could be fun.

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 12/05/12 12:14 PM

Was that one of the few PDX cruisers that wasn't all white? I've seen a few roll around in 2-tone scheme. Sharp lookin Vic!

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 12/08/12 05:42 PM

Thanks! It's actually from Beaverton. The Beaverton cars came with the full wheel covers whereas the Portland ones just had the center caps. I'm considering painting it either all blue or switching to a nice dark grey color. If I do that I'll source a chrome grill, door handles, and taillights/rear fascia since the wheelcovers already give me a head start on building a Street Appearance Package.

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 12/10/12 03:52 PM

Oh I see. Well, we should find a few more PDX members for a mini meet and photo shoot...still trying to find some good spots around here. Need to explore over by the industrial area more I think.
Posted by: 9146944

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 01/04/13 02:22 AM

Hey, I'm in Vancouver too, I sold my 2001 CVPI a year ago to a friends Mom who is still driving it daily but just bought another 2006 CVPI in Portland off of CL yesterday so I'll probably be lurking around here again. Not much of a poster, I usually get all my info from other posts and searches but I'm a motorhead so it's always nice to meet car guys in the area and I'd be down for a meet. I was surprised at how much I like these cars. I always thought they were pretty cool but it wasn't until I drove one everyday that they really grew on me. This has been a great site, it's very informative and helpful for DIY stuff.
So hello from the Couve! beer1 ~ Paul

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 01/04/13 11:13 AM

Hi Paul! Good to see another memeber within 30 miles of me! Haha. Lets see some pics of the 06!
Posted by: Nigel87

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 01/15/13 12:24 PM

I'm just south of Vancouver (BC) but I'm down in the Seattle/Tacoma/Puyallup area quite a bit

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 01/16/13 06:53 PM

Nigel87; I am very envious of that Colony Park! I want a wagon so bad...
Posted by: Grampstaxi

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 01/16/13 07:11 PM

Was that one of the cars at the state auction website on ebay? Nice car BTW, and welcome!

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 01/16/13 11:46 PM

I will be in the Portland area tomorrow.

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 01/17/13 12:45 PM

Originally Posted By: The_Punisher
I will be in the Portland area tomorrow.

What time? Thursday is generally a busy day at work for me...

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 01/17/13 03:27 PM

1600 till tomorrow morning
Posted by: Brandon_White

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 01/17/13 11:48 PM

Good to see that there's some other people from here that live in the Northwest!

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 01/18/13 12:12 PM

Welcome Brandon. Post some pics of your ride!

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 01/20/13 12:57 PM

I'm from the Gresham are and hopefully coming back middle of this year. I'll be back down that way around mid February should have some free time to cruise...

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 01/20/13 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: P712003
I'm from the Gresham are and hopefully coming back middle of this year. I'll be back down that way around mid February should have some free time to cruise...

Right on! Sounds like we're starting to get a good roster of members here finally. Between you, Hola, Brandon, and a few others I've seen on here from the area, we can do a meet soon!
Posted by: Brandon_White

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 11/18/13 06:13 AM

I totally forgot about this thread lol. If anybody in the PDX, Vancouver, Gresham etc. Area wants to meet up that'd be cool never made it to a meet. Hopefully soon. My girlfriend lives next to a house with a MGM and Marauder in the driveway, so there must be more panthers out in Gresham.
Posted by: PDXSVT

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 11/06/15 07:27 PM

Here's a thread brought back from the dead.

Recently got a '97 MGM and now find chunks of free time spent on old threads on cost effective (cheap) mods. But with monsoon season back, this becomes an ugly time of year to crawl in puddles under junkers at the U Pull yards.

Has anyone around Portland done the tranny JMOD?

Is it bad form for a noob to do posts in the PNW branch on parts sought?
Posted by: Souprgyrl

Re: PDX/Vancouver roll call - 03/22/21 11:35 PM

I'm in north Clark county /Cowlitz county area .
Have a 2003cvpi runs and drives great. It was parked on the street and it snowed. Someone hit the front end and kept going...NOT cool. No motor damage etc. just cosmetic.
I'm moving out of the city limits so I need a car with better gas milage. I don't want my CVPI going to someone unappreciative of the PI engine, drive train , etc.
I don't have 20 posts .
Any suggestions?