Press Brake pedal ABS Light off - drive Light on

Posted by: CrownVicGER

Press Brake pedal ABS Light off - drive Light on - 10/17/21 02:17 AM

Hallo,

I have a Problem with my ABS System. When I drive, the ABS Controllight is on. When I press the brakepadel the ABS light switch off. When I make a heavy brake, the ABS is working.

Anybody knows the Problem and can help me ?

I have to say its a Ford F100 with a complete Crown Vic Swap. I have also the ABS System in the car but not the normal steering wheel with the function of the
tempomat.

Thank you very much from Germany
Posted by: CrownVicGER

Re: Press Brakepadel ABS Light off - drive Light on - 10/17/21 08:21 AM

Also we try to connect a diagnostic tool for the ABS Modul but there is no connection possible. We try another ABS Modul, same problem with the ABS control light and also no connection possible frown
Posted by: ericp

Re: Press Brakepadel ABS Light off - drive Light on - 10/18/21 01:14 PM

Possible tone-ring/sensor bad. (?) My logic is system self checks OK intil it "see's " a bad pulse. On other cars I jacked a wheel and hard spun a tire to check for volts generated to feed computer.
Posted by: D-Fenz

Re: Press Brake pedal ABS Light off - drive Light on - 10/26/21 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By CrownVicGER
Hallo,

I have a Problem with my ABS System. When I drive, the ABS Controllight is on. When I press the brakepadel the ABS light switch off. When I make a heavy brake, the ABS is working.

Anybody knows the Problem and can help me ?

I have to say its a Ford F100 with a complete Crown Vic Swap. I have also the ABS System in the car but not the normal steering wheel with the function of the
tempomat.

Thank you very much from Germany

I would love to do like a 67 F100 Swap, nice.

From my experience, the light usually means 1 of 3 things.

Low fluid, which could be actual low fluid or a problem with the master cylinder.

Bad ABS controller, but with yours, if the light goes out, I don't think that is the case.

Bad or dirty or malfunctioning wheel speed sensor(s).

Also check out the fuses but sounds like that is not the case.

Post up some pics sometime, you'll have to upload them to like imgur and then share the links.