Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1801015 - 06/29/09 04:26 AM Re: Clunkers for Cash [Re: mikeri]
maxfax3 Offline

Loc: Port Royal PA
The first question is, what is an American car?? Out of my fleet I;ve only had three cars built in the US.... The Sable, the MGM, and the VW... Well I'm not sure about the CV, I'll have to check that...

If I were buying a new car I would probably look at a Panther as well.. Although I don;t think I personally would look at a new car.. I've found that I get better milage out of my 96 MGM than others I've talked to with newer models.. Of course the newer ones have more power...

I will say the "full sized" Buicks are nice, good power and amazing economy, but I'm not a fan of FWD.. Not to mention GM took a near bullet proof engine (3.8 v6), threw a plastic intake on it and ruined that rep.... (they break, spew coolant in the intake, can hydro lock the engine, and throw rods through the block) I guess with proper monitoring and maintenance that issue could be somewhat avoided. The Chevy Cobalts seem to be decent, although small, and still FWD.. THe Impala and Malibu are painfully mediocre in all aspects...

Not that a new Challanger wouldn't be lots of fun I don;t think I would even consider a Mopar product... Too many common problems that are not covered on that great warrenty they like to tout.. And at least in this area the dealers are not real helpful.. I guess their historically crappy transmissions have gotten better, and maintenence does have alot to do with that..

#1822764 - 07/25/09 10:24 PM Re: Clunkers for Cash [Re: mikeri]
mikeri Offline
Climber

Gubment fraudsters. I live on stock trading boards. Absolutely the best way to find the REAL NEWS. Check out this link. Half of the $1 billion on the Clunkers program went to set it up. Yea, Buddy, that's a cool half billion for Gubment employees. What BULL. Here's the linky.

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/local/article_18f4237c-78b4-11de-a884-001cc4c03286.html

#1822948 - 07/26/09 08:33 AM Re: Clunkers for Cash [Re: mikeri]
GM_Guy Offline
Posting Addict

Loc: London, Ontario Canada
 Quote:
Well I'm not sure about the CV, I'll have to check that...

If it is a 1983 model year or later it'll be from STAP.

Alex.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
6 registered (Traffic22, astrae, Tove, Rainbowpizza, Bangster, TheCableGuy), 81 Guests and 298 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 163
Old_Guy_Stu 91
a_d_a_m 79
CrystalPistol 68
TheCableGuy 55
DudeAbides 51
RF_Overlord 48
Moby_Vic 47
Ponyguy 45
Bangster 42
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!