Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Topic Options
#1837216 - 08/14/09 08:12 AM Electrical issue
JMPANTHER Offline
Stranger

2002 p74 i changed my alternator, water pump, and idler pulley because i had a rattle. Good news rattle is fixed however car started fine then ran rough and stalled. Started again and ran rough then blew the coolant sensor(heard a noise and saw smoke) and died again. Checked battery(good) and got a new alternator but When you put the key in the car starts clicking but nothing else then power dies. The clicking is in the electrical system not a mechanical part. The lights flash and click but nothing else happens when you turn the key. Please help direct me to a possible cause im checking the fuses no joy but not sure about the relays? thanks

Links
#1837220 - 08/14/09 08:16 AM Re: Electrical issue [Re: JMPANTHER]
ToadyTwoStep Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Try bumping the shifter in to Park, or starting it in Neutral. I know it sounds weird, but recently my car wouldn't start either. Turns out, the shifter wasn't fully seated in Park. That's about the extent of my 2 cents...

Rizzo in 3...2...1...

Originally Posted By PantherP71

The last I saw you we were drinking cheap beer at Adam's house. You got up in the middle of the night, folded your blanket and left. That was it.

#1837225 - 08/14/09 08:44 AM Re: Electrical issue [Re: ToadyTwoStep]
Rizzo Offline
J-MOD Master
Metroplectic

Loc: Romulus,MI
How many volts do you get at the battery ? And have you double checked the connections ?

The alternator you got , Was it new in box ?

I am thinking voltage regulator.

The Jmod video is done! LINK!

#1837286 - 08/14/09 10:55 AM Re: Electrical issue [Re: Rizzo]
Steve83 Offline

Poobah

Loc: Memphis, TN 38060, USA, Earth,...
I'm thinking you pinched some wires under the alt. rear bracket against the intake crossover near the temperature sensor.

. . .

Who's Online
5 registered (jmlock, slowlane, LTC_Dave, TheCableGuy, DudeAbides), 55 Guests and 101 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 97
Armada Master 86
JeffBoudah 83
Old_Guy_Stu 74
Moby_Vic 59
Dmblanch 57
DudeAbides 50
a_d_a_m 47
SocalSam 44
Ponyguy 40
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!