Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Page 72 of 77 < 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 76 77 >
Topic Options
#4086122 - 11/29/20 06:14 PM Re: New big ford owner in UK - project resto/lowrider [Re: minux]
andyfanshawe Offline
Climber

Loc: UK
Hi minux.
Good ideas there. Thank you for the advice.

Andy.

#4086126 - 11/29/20 06:24 PM Re: New big ford owner in UK - project resto/lowrider [Re: GM_Guy]
andyfanshawe Offline
Climber

Originally Posted By GM_Guy
Good to see it coming along Andy. If she's getting paint I can see you driving it come summer time.

Hi. Yes, it's been a looong time. Way too long. Never forgotten it though (probably because its too big!).

Definitely aiming for the summer - if we can even get out to any shows at all. Covid 19 certainly stopped everyone this year. My poor camaro has only been out 3 times this year. twice to the supermarket/grocery store and once to the seaside!

Another interesting development. I've managed to acquire a never used 6 litre LS engine. Never ran. Stripped and checked. Hmmm...it would certainly fit in the wagon. LOL!!

Andy.

#4086182 - 11/30/20 03:20 AM Re: New big ford owner in UK - project resto/lowrider [Re: andyfanshawe]
WSTRLNG Offline

Poobah

Loc: Plymouth, New Hampshire, USA
WOW! Again, I had to catch up. AMAZING work.

2006 "Abe" LTC Executive 6-door (3-row bench) 78k miles.

#4086246 - 11/30/20 08:58 PM Re: New big ford owner in UK - project resto/lowrider [Re: andyfanshawe]
minux Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Andy, with the quality of your work, I would really-really recommend you start YouTubing your work. Even if you talk skip while you work, you have a wealth of information the world would love to know and see. Have a relative chop down your videos and post. Make some money or if you have too much, donate the proceeds smile

Edited by minux (11/30/20 08:59 PM)

#4086394 - 12/02/20 05:42 PM Re: New big ford owner in UK - project resto/lowrider [Re: minux]
andyfanshawe Offline
Climber

Hi minux. Thank you for the kind words. I will certainly consider it. Trouble is, my youngest son is trying to build his youtube channel up and is struggling to get subscribers. If i start publishing videos and get more subscribers than him, it wouldn't be good. Oh dear. Its a parent thing. Sacrifice for our kids. May have to swallow my pride here......unless.... we do a collaboration. Hmmm. Thinking time.

Andy.

#4086396 - 12/02/20 06:00 PM Re: New big ford owner in UK - project resto/lowrider [Re: andyfanshawe]
andyfanshawe Offline
Climber

Since removing the roof racks the roof has been quite oil canny, if you know what I mean! Certainly trying to sand the roof down with a DA is challenging when it is going up and down all the time! So I made an extra reinforcement bar about halfway down.

These are the rear airbags I have used. If anyone wants to have a go at theirs. The top mount on the chassis has to be cut out and reinforced so the bag sits flat but not too bad a job.

#4086724 - 12/05/20 05:31 PM Re: New big ford owner in UK - project resto/lowrider [Re: andyfanshawe]
GM_Guy Offline
Posting Addict

Loc: London, Ontario Canada
Tell your son if he wants to get more youtube exposure to publish a relevant video everyday if he can, if not that, like clockwork every 2nd or 3rd day. Heart every comment he gets, respond to each one and the youtube algoritym will start noticing and tossing you into other peoples recommendeds. The first 1000 subs will be the toughest. Gotta plow through it, tell everybody under the sun he knows to watch it, and do it at home, at work, at school to drive up unique IP's.

#4087256 - 12/08/20 02:06 PM Re: New big ford owner in UK - project resto/lowrider [Re: GM_Guy]
andyfanshawe Offline
Climber

Originally Posted By GM_Guy
Tell your son if he wants to get more youtube exposure to publish a relevant video everyday if he can, if not that, like clockwork every 2nd or 3rd day. Heart every comment he gets, respond to each one and the youtube algoritym will start noticing and tossing you into other peoples recommendeds. The first 1000 subs will be the toughest. Gotta plow through it, tell everybody under the sun he knows to watch it, and do it at home, at work, at school to drive up unique IP's.

Superb advice....thank you.

#4087262 - 12/08/20 02:26 PM Re: New big ford owner in UK - project resto/lowrider [Re: andyfanshawe]
andyfanshawe Offline
Climber

Right,...the dashboard. That bloody heavy soddin thing! Jeez, thats a great lump! And since a lot of the wiring wont be needed (cruise, ac, heated windshield, etc) so remove and dismantle completely. Wiring loom out, unwrapped, unwanted wires removed (that took hours and hours to research), dash sprayed black, wires rewrapped and all put back together. Oh, one more thing. In the UK we have to have a rear fog light (for less than 100m visibilty) and a corresponding warning on the dash. So I've got to add one, or to make it cleaner, use one of the disused warning lights (airbag in this case) and rewire.
Top left one scraped clean

and painted yellow

Here's the back of the dash stripped out

and the metal bit

Here's the whole loom out on my makeshift wallpaper table on top of our bins!

#4087268 - 12/08/20 02:38 PM Re: New big ford owner in UK - project resto/lowrider [Re: andyfanshawe]
andyfanshawe Offline
Climber

Back of the dismantled glovebox after painting black.

The best artists always sign their masterpieces don't they?!!

Not quite sure anyone else will see it though....lol!

#4088622 - 12/23/20 11:56 AM Re: New big ford owner in UK - project resto/lowrider [Re: andyfanshawe]
andyfanshawe Offline
Climber

Front end redesign.....

Just like the rear bumper, lets tuck the front bumper back.
Filler panel removed.

Before

After

Looks a huge loads better! More changes coming up.

#4088840 - 12/25/20 08:24 AM Re: New big ford owner in UK - project resto/lowrider [Re: andyfanshawe]
Gibby Offline
Rookie

Loc: ID
I don't know if I like it better... But I do like it, nice work! Merry Christmas!

#4090912 - 01/09/21 03:04 PM Re: New big ford owner in UK - project resto/lowrider [Re: andyfanshawe]
andyfanshawe Offline
Climber

Bumper filler panel cut up to fill in the gap between the fender and the bumper.

Front grille next. This may or may not work! Plan is to turn it black, so framework made out of round tube bent and welded up ready for the black mesh grille to be wrapped round it.

Andy.

#4090914 - 01/09/21 03:12 PM Re: New big ford owner in UK - project resto/lowrider [Re: andyfanshawe]
andyfanshawe Offline
Climber

Door cards next. Since the car has been channelled, the floor is partway up the door. So the card needs reducing in height.

Bottom "carpet" half removed..

A cardboard template made up and shows how much is to be cut off the bottom.

#4099724 - 02/28/21 03:40 PM Re: New big ford owner in UK - project resto/lowrider [Re: andyfanshawe]
andyfanshawe Offline
Climber

Bits of the car going into paint this week, so frameworks made up to hold the front nose, the new centre grille and the headlight bezels

Bodyshell already epoxied and roof primed so that will be in for full priming soon. this week hopefully,

Back onto door cards......all 4 covered in black material

compare to old

Heres the old door handle pulls

and the newly designed

Since the car has no handles or locks, I need a way to pop open each door and wind down the rear tailgate window, so the CMD X remote controller bought from dakota digital, 7 relays and a 12 wat fuse box.
Mounts welded up, a plate fabricated and all wired up. Worked first time!

Page 72 of 77 < 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 76 77 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 78 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Dmblanch 33
RF_Overlord 32
Old_Guy_Stu 32
speedfreak 28
Bellwestern80 27
LordAeneas 24
PrincePolaris 21
a_d_a_m 17
Traffic22 16
GM_Guy 16
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!