Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Topic Options
#1956079 - 01/14/10 12:28 AM To anyone with Head Gasket or Block problems....
GunnyRappP71 Offline

Loc: Boise Idaho
Well I dont quite know if this is where this goes but I got something that blew my mind today.... My wife has a 99 SHO Taurus, Yes shes a speed demon like me and its only going to get worse as she forced me to get her a 99 CVPI, She blew the head gasket and drove on it about another 70 miles and ended up making a small crack in the head thank god the oil and water NEVER mixed. After making a few calls around I found that a new motor for that car is easy 3500.00 just for the long block.

A mechanic buddy of mine (Future Ford of Roseville, CA... ASE Cert.) told me to get a bottle of a product called:

"Steel Seal"

no kidding this stuff works, NO B.S. here put it in and started the car (from cold) within 3 minutes it stopped leaking fluids out the tail pipe. and within 15 minutes it sealed everything up like it was NEW.

Dont know how long it will last but I got in the car drove it for 3 hours with no problems at all. Temp. is running normal, no knocking noises no leaking coolant or oil. But, at least this product does come with a LIFETIME warranty.. a little pricy but money well spent and works 100%, just got back from doing some street drag racing with it and still no problems at all. i swear u would think the motor is new all over again.

if you wanna check it out heres the link:

steel seal mnfg.

Edited by GunnyRappP71 (01/14/10 12:29 AM)

2003 (x2) Military Police CVPI's, Preditor Tune, 255GPH Pump, 42Lbs Inj., BBK throttle bodies, 150 Nos DRY Kit, Steeda Underdrive's, Glass Packs, PB400 Push Bars,(Concealed) Unitrol TM-4 Siren, Dynamax 100W Speaker(Concealed), Pursuit Lights (Concealed), Federal Signal Wig-Wag (courtesy of Rescue Tyler), Sat. Radio, GPS, double limo tint all the way around..... Planning on: STS rear Turbo Kit or Supercharger running 6 - 8 PSI, HID/Projector Light Conv., Custom Paint, and too much more to list....

Links
#1956081 - 01/14/10 12:33 AM Re: To anyone with Head Gasket or Block problems.... [Re: GunnyRappP71]
BMFer Offline
I'm your huckleberry
Grand Poobah

Loc: 30106
OK

'13 Coyote 5.0

#1956116 - 01/14/10 01:19 AM Re: To anyone with Head Gasket or Block problems.. [Re: BMFer]
SCHALLZ Offline
Poobah

Loc: La Crosse WI, USA
I was looking at this when it flashed on the google ads link lol

I have two chevys with blown head gaskets ill try this asap
02 MGM, UD Pulleys, Hi-Tech cams, Full SW exhaust, Accufab Plenum, BBK 75mm TB, TB and Plenum Spacer, MZT Tune by APS Autoworks, J-Mod, 4.10 gears W/track-lock and cobra clutches , Typhoon Intake, Easton Drop Springs, Addco Sway bars, Axel Girdle, Heinous Control Arms

Had a Stereo but it exploded, time to make it fast then get back to being LOUD

#1956253 - 01/14/10 09:13 AM Re: To anyone with Head Gasket or Block problems.. [Re: SCHALLZ]
Tim825 Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Bensalem PA
We put something similar in a 3.0 Sable we used for a Carquest delivery vehicle and it worked. Driver overheated it until it stopped, a customer towed it in and called it junk so we sent down a bottle of stuff called Liquid Glass and told him to try it, what was the worst that could happen? Well, 2 hours later he says to come pick it up and it runs fine, we used it 6 or 7 months more at about 3k miles per month and it was still running when the trans went for the 3rd time and we junked it. This is a good gamble if you need an engine anyway and if it works for 6 months you are way ahead of the game in my opinion.

#1956274 - 01/14/10 09:55 AM Re: To anyone with Head Gasket or Block problems.. [Re: Tim825]
larryo340 Offline
Grand Poobah

Loc: Long Island
I used this stuff on two cars back in the early 90's. Once was a '84 Mustang with a badly cracked 3.8 V6 head (coolant pouring out), and the other was a '85 Nissan 200SX 2.0L also with a cracked cylinder head. The external leak on the Mustang was really bad and didn't have high hopes, but after using this per the instructions I watched in disbelief as the leak slowly stopped right befor my eyes. Same with the Nissan, and both cars were driven for a couple more years before being sold.

MOD List for MGM
...Marquis sold frown

#1956954 - 01/15/10 12:12 AM Re: To anyone with Head Gasket or Block problems.. [Re: larryo340]
irockstar661 Offline

Loc: Cali
Yep I did the k&w seal. I did it differently from the labeled instructions though according to a friend who has succesfully done it to three vehicles one lasting five years. I tdrained the block and radiator, filled with the k&w and drove it leith justthat and water for 300 miles. Be aware there is no overheating protection at this time though so local driving only. After the 300 I drained it agai. Really well then filled her up with coolant/antifreeze. So far clocked 2k on her no issues at all.

Still looking for an engine though

1999 Ford Crown Victoria P71
Under COnstruction
Currenty: NPI 4.6l 2v, Dual Flowmaster 40 Muffs w/ rear cat deletes, Shark"less" Plenum.
Waiting Patiently: PI Heads (currently being machined and fitted with bigger valves and Comp Cams) PI Intake manifold, UD Pulleys, J-Mod, Accufab 75mm TB, MZ and Tune!
1st Annual SoCal SoFun CV Meet!

#1957893 - 01/16/10 11:09 AM Re: To anyone with Head Gasket or Block problems.. [Re: irockstar661]
98P73_IRAQ Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: iraq-baghdad-hell's street
i was not believing!!

1992 crownvic LX P74 (ex US DOD unit) SOLD 2009
1998 crownvic P73 (came from canada) SOLD 2014
1990 oldsmobile cutlass cierra 3.1L FE3 WORK VEHICLE
2007 toyota yaris 1.3L wife vehicle SOLD
2011 ford edge limited 3.5L AWD flooded (lifetime project)
2012 Ford Focus 2.0L. Exciting transmission technology.

Who's Online
2 registered (Mercernery, bobb), 78 Guests and 116 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 109
Moby_Vic 77
JeffBoudah 75
Old_Guy_Stu 71
Armada Master 54
DudeAbides 51
a_d_a_m 48
Dmblanch 46
Ponyguy 43
SocalSam 38
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!