Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Topic Options
#2398555 - 10/31/11 07:27 AM Headlight lens alignment for aeros?
The_Punisher Offline

IT'S PUNISHMENT
Poobah

Loc: Okanogan County, WA
Anyone know how to do this?

I see these things on the back of my headlights, one on the outer edge, and one somewhat at the middle. Like this:

Are those the adjustment screws or am I looking in the wrong place? I tried turning one, and it turned, but there was no difference in the elevation of the headlight angle. Am I missing something? arcade

2009 'P71' formerly of the Pullman Police Department, Pullman, Washington.
Paint Code LK.
Work in progress...

Links
#2398584 - 10/31/11 09:05 AM Re: Headlight lens alignment for aeros? [Re: The_Punisher]
GSDNH Offline
Banned
Over the Hill

Loc: MA
Man, it's been a real long time.....
IIRC the protruding ends of the rods that are threaded have a teeny tiny hex on them. With the headlight installed and the clips also installed, the one on the end moves the headlight horizontally, and the one on the top middle moves the light vertically. Sometimes those black plastic round holders that the clips grab onto get stripped. Then there will be no adjustment. It is the black plastic part being held stationary by the clips and the threaded center of those plastic parts that makes the adjustment.
Sorry if this makes no sense.......

Basically yes they are adjustment screws but is is the position of the black plastic part on that threaded rod that makes the adjustment. Try threading the black plastic part in or out, and then installing the headlight. Then you can turn that tiny hex on the protruding end of the threaded rod to fine tune it into position.

#2398593 - 10/31/11 09:22 AM Re: Headlight lens alignment for aeros? [Re: The_Punisher]
The_Punisher Offline

IT'S PUNISHMENT
Poobah

Hmm.

I hope I do not have to take them out again in order to adjust the black part.

Paint Code LK.
Work in progress...

#2398649 - 10/31/11 11:18 AM Re: Headlight lens alignment for aeros? [Re: The_Punisher]
GSDNH Offline
Banned
Over the Hill

If you turn those rods, the headlight should move, as long as the black pieces have the clips installed and are not turning.
If the headlight does not move in this situation, it's possible that the plastic is stripped and no adjustment is possible.
You can replace those black pieces but IIRC they are pricey from Ford.

#2398677 - 10/31/11 12:08 PM Re: Headlight lens alignment for aeros? [Re: The_Punisher]
The_Punisher Offline

IT'S PUNISHMENT
Poobah

drug

I went out about a couple hrs ago and figured it out. Apparently those clips have to have the flange inside the black thingie so it wont spin when you turn the ratchet... nono

Got it fixed. I am a happy camper now.

Paint Code LK.
Work in progress...

#2398688 - 10/31/11 12:29 PM Re: Headlight lens alignment for aeros? [Re: The_Punisher]
Steveboos Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Yep there is a little added plastic piece that keeps the plastic steady, while the metal threaded part can be moved in or out. It took me like 3 hours to align my headlights to the perfect position. Without a 4 mm wrench, it gets annoying using needle nose and pliers to adjust the headlights.
2007 Ford Crown Victoria SAP P71 Silver Birch/Dark Charcoal, 137,000 Miles, 1,600 Hours, NCSHP Vehicle #7367
40% Huper Optik Window Tint, DIY Headlight Relay Upgrade, Turn Signal Flash Mod, Trunk Light Mod with Cold Cathodes, Streamlight UltraStinger, Ultra Gauge, Pioneer Head unit, a GlobalSat BU-353, Cobra 29-LX, DVR-207 Dash Camera, and a RAM-VB-106-SW1 No-Drill Laptop Mount.

Proud member of the imaginary S.A.P. Group. You don't see us due to our street appearance.

#2398691 - 10/31/11 12:30 PM Re: Headlight lens alignment for aeros? [Re: The_Punisher]
The_Punisher Offline

IT'S PUNISHMENT
Poobah

I had the right socket (5/32) and it adjusted just fine and in a few minutes.

Paint Code LK.
Work in progress...

#2398889 - 10/31/11 05:40 PM Re: Headlight lens alignment for aeros? [Re: The_Punisher]
GSDNH Offline
Banned
Over the Hill

^^^ Glad you got it figured out.
Sorry I probably wasn't explaining it correctly. Basically I was trying to say that the threaded rod spins inside the black plastic part, and the black plastic part needs to remain stationary(against the header panel) in order for the adjustment to happen.

I have a killer head cold so I'm kinda out of it lol sorry.

Who's Online
2 registered (4EyedTurd, KMBT), 118 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Dmblanch 33
Old_Guy_Stu 32
RF_Overlord 31
speedfreak 27
Bellwestern80 25
LordAeneas 23
PrincePolaris 20
a_d_a_m 17
GM_Guy 16
Traffic22 15
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!