Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#2717275 - 06/03/13 07:30 AM Re: DBW intake mods (straight business) [Re: Black_Sunshine]
Black_Sunshine Offline
Poobah

Loc: AZ
The all Ford j/y was closed yesterday as well. I'll give them a call tomorrow. Hopefully they don't want a million dollars for one of these air boxes. I went to a pull a part and they didn't have any '04+ which I thought was dumb.

The j/y's in the southeast seem to have the lowest online prices. They're advertising air boxes as low as $20 plus shipping.

75mm DBW TB

Click to reveal...

2005 Grand Marquis GS Two Tone Edition

Vibrant White over Arizona Beige

The GS Two Tone Package includes:
� hood ornament
� c-pillar emblems
� LS style body side moldings
� body color mirror caps (the b-pillars are body color too, but I don't know if that is package specific)
� two tone interior (mine is leather and includes embossed logos on the seats)
� front door sill plates that say �Grand Marquis�

CarDomain

Facebook

Links
#2717296 - 06/03/13 09:15 AM Re: DBW intake mods (straight business) [Re: Black_Sunshine]
caddylackn Offline

Loc: Bremerton, WA
Good news it fits!
I just ordered my 2005-2010 F-150 TB used off Ebay. $58 shipped

Now to find a plenum, I'll probably end up porting the stock unless I can find a smoking deal on a accufab.
2006 Crown Vic PI, 160K, 610 hrs, Trick Flow Plenum, F-150 DBW TB, J-mod, Steeda U/D, 2005 mustang GT wheels, BBK long tubes, BBK X-pipe w/ cats, full 2.25" exhaust, Reinhart tuned, slotted & drilled rotors, custom headlight harness

#2717377 - 06/03/13 02:12 PM Re: DBW intake mods (straight business) [Re: caddylackn]
Black_Sunshine Offline
Poobah

Originally Posted By: caddylackn
Good news it fits!

Now to find a plenum, I'll probably end up porting the stock unless I can find a smoking deal on a accufab.

I stalked Ebay for almost six months and found mine for $100 shipped. I saw a few on Craigslist but they were around $200. Ebay can be an odd place. The one that I found had a short auction. When the auction popped up there were two that were bid over $150. The auction I won never had any bids and I sniped it with only seconds remaining because I was paranoid about shill bids.

75mm DBW TB

Click to reveal...

� hood ornament
� c-pillar emblems
� body color mirror caps (the b-pillars are body color too, but I don't know if that is package specific)

CarDomain

Facebook

#2717396 - 06/03/13 03:01 PM Re: DBW intake mods (straight business) [Re: Black_Sunshine]
sm41 Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Ohio
Originally Posted By: Black_Sunshine
The j/y's in the southeast seem to have the lowest online prices. They're advertising air boxes as low as $20 plus shipping.
Yeah we do! I know my junkyard is $35 for the box and MAF. I'd be happy to grab one, throw it in the trunk and meet you in Cleveland.

Originally Posted By Moby_Vic
And I knew a boat wasn't a good idea for a standoff. I hope Wrinklypants realizes that now.

#2717463 - 06/03/13 05:45 PM Re: DBW intake mods (straight business) [Re: caddylackn]
09mnsp Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Minnesota, U.S.
Originally Posted By: caddylackn
Good news it fits!

If you're using a 75mm Throttle body it's not worth porting a stock plenum. You'd be better off using a smaller TB with a Big plenum. You will have to take away a lot of material at the opening of your stock plenum just to get a smooth transition between it and where the 75mm TB mounts. If you can't find an Accufab for cheap, at least buy an $80 Trick Flow and port it a little if you want or not. They are already 75mm and very open all the way through.
Custom tubular rear control arms by Tink, ADTR sway bars by Eibach, Lowered, Detroit Trutrac/Motive 4.30, J-modded, Circle D multi disc 3600-3700 stall, OBX LT's and 2.5" X-pipe, 2.5" Dynomax ultraflows into 3" mandrel bent tail pipes, HI Tech stage2 cams, Dragon Oval Plenum/60mm GT500 TB, Steeda Underdrives, Dyno Tuned By APSAutoworks 281rwhp/297rwtq

#2717465 - 06/03/13 05:49 PM Re: DBW intake mods (straight business) [Re: Black_Sunshine]
Black_Sunshine Offline
Poobah

I drove to the other side of the city to get the P71 air box. Cost $65. It was hard to swallow but I don't want to wait. Didn't even come with the sensor. Made me sick. I got the 1/2" hose at Napa too.

I think total the project has come in at $250. So that's about the same as a CAI. Obviously this is better though.

80mm P71 air box.

If I had started with a cop car this whole thing would have been cheaper. I paid $95 for the air box and zip tube.

75mm DBW TB

Click to reveal...

� hood ornament
� c-pillar emblems

CarDomain

Facebook

#2717467 - 06/03/13 05:53 PM Re: DBW intake mods (straight business) [Re: Black_Sunshine]
09mnsp Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Minnesota, U.S.
If I had started with a cop car this whole thing would have been cheaper. I paid $95 for the air box and zip tube.

That's silly talk, your car is Way nicer than a cop car! laugh
Custom tubular rear control arms by Tink, ADTR sway bars by Eibach, Lowered, Detroit Trutrac/Motive 4.30, J-modded, Circle D multi disc 3600-3700 stall, OBX LT's and 2.5" X-pipe, 2.5" Dynomax ultraflows into 3" mandrel bent tail pipes, HI Tech stage2 cams, Dragon Oval Plenum/60mm GT500 TB, Steeda Underdrives, Dyno Tuned By APSAutoworks 281rwhp/297rwtq

#2717468 - 06/03/13 05:54 PM Re: DBW intake mods (straight business) [Re: Black_Sunshine]
BlackVic_P71 Offline
Grand Poobah

Loc: LI, NY
I drove to the other side of the city to get the P71 air box. Cost $65. It was hard to swallow but I don't want to wait. Didn't even come with the sensor. Made me sick.

Good thing you don't need the sensor.

1989 Ford Crown Victoria Country Squire - 347
2005 Crown Victoria LX Sport with Stainless Works full exhaust, Addco swaybars, Heinous control arms, Powerslot rotors, Hawk HPS pads
Accufab plenum for a DBW Panther
Blue LED buttons/switches how to

#2717469 - 06/03/13 05:55 PM Re: DBW intake mods (straight business) [Re: 09mnsp]
Black_Sunshine Offline
Poobah

Originally Posted By: 09mnsp

That's silly talk, your car is Way nicer than a cop car! laugh

It's way shinier but it's not optioned any better.

I was just pointing that out for the P71 owners that are considering this. They get to go straight for the TB and plenum upgrades.

75mm DBW TB

Click to reveal...

� hood ornament
� c-pillar emblems

CarDomain

Facebook

#2717475 - 06/03/13 06:17 PM Re: DBW intake mods (straight business) [Re: Black_Sunshine]
213Shieldefender Offline

Loc: San Gabriel Valley, CA
Interesting cool . I take it the bolts don't move around?

Can't wait to see the final finished product with everything put together.
2005 Crown Victoria LX Sport, 97k mi, MZT, BOC 87 Octane tune, ported & polished plenum, 35% tint, Federal Signal LED CHMSL, eBay LED taillights, Headlamp Relay Upgrade, Mach 1 chin spoiler, P71 140 mph cluster, carbon fiber interior trim
(Coming soon) 09+ recessed window switches
2008 GMC Yukon SLE, 23k mi, center console, LED tail lights, Tahoe PPV wiper arms, body side molding delete

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." - Father Denis Edward O'Brien, USMC

#2717479 - 06/03/13 06:24 PM Re: DBW intake mods (straight business) [Re: Black_Sunshine]
KayTar Offline

Poobah

Loc: Alberta, Canada
I drove to the other side of the city to get the P71 air box. Cost $65. It was hard to swallow but I don't want to wait. Didn't even come with the sensor. Made me sick. I got the 1/2" hose at Napa too.

Did you put up a wanted add?
I could of got you all that for WAY less out of a local junkyard

#2717481 - 06/03/13 06:28 PM Re: DBW intake mods (straight business) [Re: Black_Sunshine]
Black_Sunshine Offline
Poobah

I couldn't resist. I had to get out there and put the box on. I won't get around to doing the custom install until Thursday when I'm off. I don't want to run into snags and be late for work or have to leave the car taken apart. (I work nights)

Here's the box comparison that really shows the drama. Both the snorkel end and the MAF end are smaller. The 80mm lid isn't compatible with the smaller one either. Oddly the smaller box seems to be better built.

Note that the hose clamp surface is the same. It's just necked down on the smaller box.

Trumpet versus Tuba.

75mm DBW TB

Click to reveal...

� hood ornament
� c-pillar emblems

CarDomain

Facebook

#2717577 - 06/03/13 09:19 PM Re: DBW intake mods (straight business) [Re: Black_Sunshine]
nastynate44 Offline

Loc: Tempe,AZ
I'm working on porting a stock plenum right now, not sure yet on p71 airbox and tune. I'm really interested in seeing how this throttle body works out and as a result I may hold off on install. I do have a question that needs clarification.

Getting a P71 box opens MAF housing to 80mm. Will I need the MAF sensor from the P71 as well? I vaguely remember reading that MAF sensor is same on civilian and P71.

#2717606 - 06/03/13 10:23 PM Re: DBW intake mods (straight business) [Re: Black_Sunshine]
crusher1122 Offline

I had my 05 p71 air box on phx craigs for $10 a few months. Sorry man.

05 p71 AED S/C, BOC Tune, AFE CAI, 2.5 exhaust with Flowmaster 40's, 17" bullitts, 255 Nitto nt555s, sound system, axle dump, tach, badgeless grill, MGM stuff, lx floor shifter, focus fogs, and some ugly paint.
2004 Toyota Tacoma http://tinyurl.com/crushers-tacoma
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee http://tinyurl.com/WJ-build
2007 Toyota 4Runner
2009 Toyota Camry

#2717707 - 06/04/13 04:10 AM Re: DBW intake mods (straight business) [Re: nastynate44]
Black_Sunshine Offline
Poobah

Originally Posted By: nastynate44
I'm working on porting a stock plenum right now, not sure yet on p71 airbox and tune. I'm really interested in seeing how this throttle body works out and as a result I may hold off on install. I do have a question that needs clarification.

Getting a P71 box opens MAF housing to 80mm. Will I need the MAF sensor from the P71 as well? I vaguely remember reading that MAF sensor is same on civilian and P71.

It fits and the connector is the same. I'm not 100% sure that its the same though. I know I read that, although both housings are 80mm, the Marauder MAF is better. Better when you have a lot more power. It has a wider range. It uses a different connector though. I don't know if there is a range difference between the P71 and the civilian ones that we are talking about though.

*As an update

My plans might already be foiled by the tune. I'm trying to eek this whole intake mod out without a tune. Some say that you have to have a tune.

Anyway, I drove 25 miles to work with the 80mm box on. I was surprised that it really did seem different and you can definitely hear a difference.

I didn't reset the PCM.

It's two blocks from the highway to the warehouse that I work in. So, of course, I had to do a short WOT run. In a run that short (under 45) 1st does all the work. It was pulling hard but I think I heard it pinging. Either that or it was my 1400w system and Metallica's crappy drums. Their drums are really bad.

I pulled the negative cable on my break and I'll see how the ride home goes.

75mm DBW TB

Click to reveal...

� hood ornament
� c-pillar emblems

CarDomain

Facebook

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Who's Online
1 registered (Bigmd), 57 Guests and 33 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Dmblanch 33
Old_Guy_Stu 32
RF_Overlord 32
speedfreak 28
Bellwestern80 27
LordAeneas 23
PrincePolaris 21
a_d_a_m 19
GM_Guy 16
Traffic22 16
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!