Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#2792724 - 12/28/13 11:23 PM Re: common dallas people! [Re: HIPOFOMOCO]
Fomocop71 Offline

Loc: Texas
This does sound like a plan. I will make sure my Town car is dirty to be able to wash it.
Originally Posted By: HIPOFOMOCO
Originally Posted By: Orionsax7
I wouldn't be surprised if one of your 1-2 springs is already broken. My lower 1-2 spring was broken on mine.

I left the 1-2 lower spring and the 2-3 lower out.
Kept them as souvenirs.
Why couldn't we come up with a Meet and Greet.
Maybe Take test drives or rides, eat a burger, drink a shake.
Hamburger place, Car Wash maybe, Theatre parking lot, Mall parking lot, Race track just for atmosphere of coarse. I'm up for it.
I'm off most weekends. My work is in Hutchins just south of Dallas on 45. Anybody Else interested. I have a wife and 2 girls, with or without.

#2792737 - 12/29/13 12:22 AM Re: common dallas people! [Re: 2004MgM]
HIPOFOMOCO Offline
Rookie

Loc: TRINIDAD, TX
I just finished changing the stock 2.73 single track out with a Limited Slip 3.73. Boy, what a difference. Speedometer is way off but not for long. Speedo says 81, GPS says 60.
I have a Jet tuner that has gear change in it, but the 2000 MGM apparently the computer doesn't support the change, you have to change the VSS gear. I'm going to study this speedo thing.
2000 MGM LX Limited Slip 3.73 Gears, JMOD, UD Pulleys, Jet Programmer 15003, K&N Drop In, Modified Air Box, Cat Delete, H Pipe, Dynomax Dualls, Rolled Tips, rear sway bar, Lowered 1 1/2", 18" Rev Classics, 10% tint, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Color matched grille, Tinted tails, Custom gauges, Custom stereo, was a green speedo gear now Black.

Already in boxes waiting: BBK 1780, 1/2" spacer, 04'Airbox w/ integrated 80mm MAF, Zip Tube, 24#injectors,
PI Heads, PI Cams and PI intake
Needs:
Porting on PI Heads and Intake and a Custom tune from BOC

The faster you want to go is directly proportional to the amount of money you are willing to spend.

HIPOFOMOCO@YAHOO.COM

#2792769 - 12/29/13 07:37 AM Re: common dallas people! [Re: 2004MgM]
Orionsax7 Offline

Loc: Ft. Worth, TX
Yeah, the newer ones can be adjusted through programming but on a 2000, you'll have to change out the speedo gear. I think you'll need the purple gear but not 100% sure.
Ford Master Tech, Specialize in A/C and Electrical

#2793668 - 01/01/14 01:09 AM Re: common dallas people! [Re: 2004MgM]
HIPOFOMOCO Offline
Rookie

I ordered a 23 black auto speedo gear from BOC yesterday.
I had talked with other VICSTERS, and a couple of them are set on black 23 on 3.73 gears.
Working a CVPI drive shaft swap into my 2000 MGM while I wait on the 23 tooth gear.
2000 MGM LX Limited Slip 3.73 Gears, JMOD, UD Pulleys, Jet Programmer 15003, K&N Drop In, Modified Air Box, Cat Delete, H Pipe, Dynomax Dualls, Rolled Tips, rear sway bar, Lowered 1 1/2", 18" Rev Classics, 10% tint, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Color matched grille, Tinted tails, Custom gauges, Custom stereo, was a green speedo gear now Black.

Already in boxes waiting: BBK 1780, 1/2" spacer, 04'Airbox w/ integrated 80mm MAF, Zip Tube, 24#injectors,
Needs:

The faster you want to go is directly proportional to the amount of money you are willing to spend.

HIPOFOMOCO@YAHOO.COM

#2793669 - 01/01/14 01:11 AM Re: common dallas people! [Re: 2004MgM]
HIPOFOMOCO Offline
Rookie

Anybody know of a machine shop in the DFW area that ports, maybe CNC porting?

Needs:

HIPOFOMOCO@YAHOO.COM

#2794571 - 01/02/14 10:09 PM Re: common dallas people! [Re: Orionsax7]
Orionsax7 Offline

Just did my Jmod today right after work. Straightforward and no problems.

I used the light blue/purple spring combo for the 1-2 shift and got rid of the 2-3 lower spring.

I drove it home from work under normal DD driving conditions and found that the 1-2 could afford to be a little firmer. The 2-3 shift feels very deliberate and super quick. I have my MZT parts waiting for my tune from BOC so as soon as that comes in, I'll re-evaluate my 1-2 shifts and may end up taking the 1-2 lower spring back out if the tune doesn't firm the shift up enough. We will see...

UPDATE...so I got my 93 tune from BOC so I installed my MZT and set out for testing. At half throttle I started getting some pinging. I had my diag equipment from work so I was monitoring all my pids and everything seemed good so wasn't too sure on the pinging (wasn't pinging at all before tune and MZT). I went minus 1 degree on the timing from 2000rpm and up using the SCT and re-tested....pinging completely gone. Drove around some more and then did some WOT runs. This made a huge difference! Great takoff and the 1-2 shift broke BOTH tires loose for a good half second, even though I have an open diff.

I contacted Lonnie with the results of my runs and provided screenshots of my readings. He said the tune looks good and it was smart to remove the timing as I did. He also said that the pinging is due to the winter blend fuel being used here. Once we go back to the good stuff, he said to load the full tune back in!

Daily driving is still great as well. Lonnie did a great job programming the shift rpm vs thottle position and load. The 1-2 shift is barely noticeable under normal driving conditions but really wakes up under load. Same with the 2-3 shift and the TCC lockup. The programming just makes sense and it is very easy to predict and control shift feel by using the accelerator pedal.

The only thing I notice that somewhat stands out under normal driving is the downshift at about 27-29 mph when slowing down. There is a little bump but not annoying, just noticeable.

Overall, the shift feel and overall driving experience is exactly what I was looking for!

I have been able to resist leaning on the accelerator pedal for a few days and found MPG has gone up also.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Now I'm looking forward to some underdrives in about a month or so.

#2795285 - 01/04/14 12:07 PM Re: common dallas people! [Re: Orionsax7]
HIPOFOMOCO Offline
Rookie

Just did my Jmod today right after work. Straightforward and no problems.

I used the light blue/purple spring combo for the 1-2 shift and got rid of the 2-3 lower spring.

I drove it home from work under normal DD driving conditions and found that the 1-2 could afford to be a little firmer. The 2-3 shift feels very deliberate and super quick. I have my MZT parts waiting for my tune from BOC so as soon as that comes in, I'll re-evaluate my 1-2 shifts and may end up taking the 1-2 lower spring back out if the tune doesn't firm the shift up enough. We will see...

UPDATE...so I got my 93 tune from BOC so I installed my MZT and set out for testing. At half throttle I started getting some pinging. I had my diag equipment from work so I was monitoring all my pids and everything seemed good so wasn't too sure on the pinging (wasn't pinging at all before tune and MZT). I went minus 1 degree on the timing from 2000rpm and up using the SCT and re-tested....pinging completely gone. Drove around some more and then did some WOT runs. This made a huge difference! Great takoff and the 1-2 shift broke BOTH tires loose for a good half second, even though I have an open diff.

I contacted Lonnie with the results of my runs and provided screenshots of my readings. He said the tune looks good and it was smart to remove the timing as I did. He also said that the pinging is due to the winter blend fuel being used here. Once we go back to the good stuff, he said to load the full tune back in!

Daily driving is still great as well. Lonnie did a great job programming the shift rpm vs thottle position and load. The 1-2 shift is barely noticeable under normal driving conditions but really wakes up under load. Same with the 2-3 shift and the TCC lockup. The programming just makes sense and it is very easy to predict and control shift feel by using the accelerator pedal.

The only thing I notice that somewhat stands out under normal driving is the downshift at about 27-29 mph when slowing down. There is a little bump but not annoying, just noticeable.

Overall, the shift feel and overall driving experience is exactly what I was looking for!

I have been able to resist leaning on the accelerator pedal for a few days and found MPG has gone up also.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Now I'm looking forward to some underdrives in about a month or so.

That is great to hear that you are pleased with the tune and the transmission performance also. You said you took 1 degree of timing out above 2000 rpm? Is that programmer that easy to operate? I can't wait to get a programmer from BOC. I haven't ordered yet. I have to do the PI head swap first.

Needs:

HIPOFOMOCO@YAHOO.COM

#2795367 - 01/04/14 02:36 PM Re: common dallas people! [Re: 2004MgM]
Orionsax7 Offline

Yeah, when you install the tune, it asks you if you want to change any parameters. At first I selected no and installed the tune as is. Second time I installed the tune and selected yes. You have potion to change from 0-2000, 2000-4000, and 4000-8000. I just selected -1 on the second and third option. There are other options available but I didn't mess with those. That's what I paid Lonnie for!

#2796993 - 01/08/14 11:06 AM Re: common dallas people! [Re: 2004MgM]
HIPOFOMOCO Offline
Rookie

That's double cool. Can't wait.... I'm still interested in that meet an Greet anywhere in the DFW area. Did you guys see the 04 or 06 CV car for sale in FT. Worth on CV.NET?

Needs:

HIPOFOMOCO@YAHOO.COM

#2797090 - 01/08/14 02:12 PM Re: common dallas people! [Re: 2004MgM]
Orionsax7 Offline

I did see that crown vic. Pretty sweet. Seems everything is done to it unless you wanted to do a head swap or fi install. Not sure he'd find someone to pay 8800 for it considering the going price for them. The purchaser would probably be one of us CVNers who actually put value into what hes done to it.

Im up for a meet also. Im in north fort worth. Anywhere midcities would be cool.

Edited by Orionsax7 (01/08/14 02:12 PM)

#2798549 - 01/11/14 10:01 PM Re: common dallas people! [Re: 2004MgM]
Fomocop71 Offline

Any word on whos up for doing the J-mod on my AODE?

#2798577 - 01/11/14 11:46 PM Re: common dallas people! [Re: Fomocop71]
s33k3r Offline
Climber

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Your town car is sweet!

Originally Posted By: Jessies_TownCar
Any word on whos up for doing the J-mod on my AODE?
Proud owner of a 2003 CVPI [aka "Winter Lord" aka "Winterr"]. Stock except for the BH1976 harness, the 17" GT wheels plus the 235/60R17 tires (generic from Discount Tire) and the Pioneer head unit that my wife bought me for my birthday.
2003 LTC Cartier L -- Too many nice things to list about it, AND it's green!
Originally Posted By therealdnewton3
And so, putting on a CAI and exhaust mod on a fuel injected 4.6L 2v land barge that spends 99.99999% of it's time at partial throttle will mean diddly squat to economy.
Originally Posted By Fordguy78
Cobra Vic... Need a [donor] car (preferably a 03-04 cobra), stainless works headers, custom clutch pedals, beer, lots of beer, time, money, money, money and when you think [you're] almost done, more time and beer and money.

#2798889 - 01/12/14 07:59 PM Re: common dallas people! [Re: s33k3r]
Fomocop71 Offline

Thanks seeker! Its a work in progress but I would much loved to be in a P71 but oh well.

Its sitting on 16in mustang wheels from a 07 v6 Mustang. I might changed them tomorrow since the offset does not really look good in a Town car.

#2800033 - 01/15/14 05:28 PM Re: common dallas people! [Re: 2004MgM]
2004MgM Offline
Rookie

Loc: Dallas tx
So what's up guys can someone do the j-mod on mine? I have the stock 273s but will be changing them out soon. Wanting to do j-mod first tho

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis ls Ultimate Edition 36,xxx Mercury Marauder front & back bumpers, Fresh Black paint, Rear Bumper tuck, Mercury Marauder light switch with fog lights upgrade, 18 count LED third brake light from a 2003 Taurus, 5.4 throttle body, E3 spark plugs, Duel exhaust with oem Mercury Marauder tips, Billet fuel tank door, 4 note cadillac horn's, 19 inch premium gt wheels with nitto 275/35/19 rear's & 235/35/19 front's, 20% tent front 5% tent back, just reinstalled factory air ride air bags...

So far:)

2009 Chevy Impala LT 56,xxx aka "Snow White" next to hit the shop for a paint job

#2800186 - 01/16/14 02:45 AM Re: common dallas people! [Re: 2004MgM]
HIPOFOMOCO Offline
Rookie

I've read on this thread that there is several people able to do this JMOD. I am one of them, but not to jump out in front by no means. I would have to perform the work in Eustace, Tx at a friends shop using his lift. I have a shop but no lift.
The parts cost just under 100.00.
Labor would be 100.00.
It uses almost a case of fluid not draining the TQ converter.
a new filter and gasket.
2 separator plate gaskets.
some people use RTV Sealant, I do.
I pick up the parts in Dallas.
And a spring if you want a small improvement in 1st - 2nd shift
I use no spring for a solid 1 - 2 shift
Hopefully somebody else closer to you will chime in.....

Needs:

HIPOFOMOCO@YAHOO.COM

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  a_d_a_m 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 84 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Dmblanch 33
Old_Guy_Stu 32
RF_Overlord 32
speedfreak 28
Bellwestern80 27
LordAeneas 23
PrincePolaris 21
a_d_a_m 19
GM_Guy 16
Traffic22 16
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!