Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Topic Options
#2800927 - 01/18/14 03:35 AM Are AC Delco COPS any good?
Jacksknight Offline
Climber

Loc: Taco Bell
First time i have seen them, just wondering if anyone has used them?

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-Ignition-Explorer-V8-4-6L-DG508/dp/B007RFDJ72

Need a good IAC valve for 50 bucks?

Links
#2800943 - 01/18/14 08:24 AM Re: Are AC Delco COPS any good? [Re: Jacksknight]
Vicinator Offline

Loc: Ohio
Although I have not used this particular part, I have used ACDelco ignition parts on my Astro vans with great success.

#2800949 - 01/18/14 08:56 AM Re: Are AC Delco COPS any good? [Re: Jacksknight]
Senor_BigVic Offline
n00b

Loc: Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA!
I think one of my COPS was replaced by the PD with an AC Delco, but I can't remember.

If you need new COPS because of misfiring, take them apart, clean the springs, boots, and contact at the bottom of the COP and then put some electric grease on each end of the spring and put them all back together with new spark plugs (or at least clean your old ones).

Mine was misfiring on all the passenger side cylinders because of my heater return hose blowing off and spraying coolant everywhere. The coolant managed to get past the rubber boots and in each plug valley there was a pool of coolant up to the tops of the spark plugs. And it also washed all the di-electric grease out of the COPS.

I cleaned them all out this way and then put it all back together and no more misfiring. Saved me a ton of money.

#2800976 - 01/18/14 11:56 AM Re: Are AC Delco COPS any good? [Re: Senor_BigVic]
Jacksknight Offline
Climber

Originally Posted By: Senor_BigVic
I think one of my COPS was replaced by the PD with an AC Delco, but I can't remember.

If you need new COPS because of misfiring, take them apart, clean the springs, boots, and contact at the bottom of the COP and then put some electric grease on each end of the spring and put them all back together with new spark plugs (or at least clean your old ones).

Mine was misfiring on all the passenger side cylinders because of my heater return hose blowing off and spraying coolant everywhere. The coolant managed to get past the rubber boots and in each plug valley there was a pool of coolant up to the tops of the spark plugs. And it also washed all the di-electric grease out of the COPS.

I cleaned them all out this way and then put it all back together and no more misfiring. Saved me a ton of money.

Yeah i have done all that. I had a manifold failure that filled my plug wells to the brim. My coils are just old and tired. They are originals with 148k on them, and have been flooded more than once. Car actually runs pretty well, but i have a random rough idle and bucking under load.

I plan on getting motorcraft parts anyway i was just wondering if anyone knew about these. Might save someone some money if they are any good. Thanks for your advice!

#2800977 - 01/18/14 11:59 AM Re: Are AC Delco COPS any good? [Re: Jacksknight]
TM875 Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Elizabethtown PA
...there was a thread here, somewhere, where the guy was able to find a website selling authentic Motorcraft COPs (the unlabeled ones that fleet managers get) for a ridiculous price. You might want to investigate...

Edit: link http://www.sarad.com/productinfo.aspx?p=437128

Edited by TM875 (01/18/14 12:01 PM)
'07 CVPI Norcea Blue Pearl, 120k miles - Former NM State Police (sold)
'04 CVPI Spruce Green, 123k miles - Former PA State Police (sold)
'01 CVLX, White (sold)
'97 MGM, White (sold)

#2800987 - 01/18/14 12:29 PM Re: Are AC Delco COPS any good? [Re: TM875]
Jacksknight Offline
Climber

Originally Posted By: TM875
...there was a thread here, somewhere, where the guy was able to find a website selling authentic Motorcraft COPs (the unlabeled ones that fleet managers get) for a ridiculous price. You might want to investigate...

Edit: link http://www.sarad.com/productinfo.aspx?p=437128

Yeah i have that book marked. My only reservation about them is no warranty. I found original motorcraft coils with 1 year warranty for 31 bucks each, so im probably going to go with that.

#2802471 - 01/22/14 03:23 PM Re: Are AC Delco COPS any good? [Re: Jacksknight]
BlaineB Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Indiana
Junkyard price is a ridiculous price (savings!). $28 each isn't all that ridiculous.

Who's Online
5 registered (Box83, DES, ford05, JoshB5, Old_Guy_Stu), 41 Guests and 317 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 200
a_d_a_m 124
DudeAbides 122
CrystalPistol 120
Old_Guy_Stu 113
Moby_Vic 80
ford05 60
Ponyguy 56
Warped9 56
RF_Overlord 52
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!