Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#2648633 - 01/02/13 12:23 PM Re: Who makes the UPGRADED RELAY? [Re: acesandeights]
2004_p71 Offline

no replacement for displacement
Posting Addict

Loc: Quebec Canada
Originally Posted By: acesandeights

No splicing involved.New harness has a female plug that you plug your right hand headlamp bulb plug into. The feed for lo/high beam activates the low/high beam relays in the new harness.

That is the beauty of this kit

new best time 13.079 @ 105 1.8 60'

Links
#2654056 - 01/14/13 11:24 PM Re: Who makes the UPGRADED RELAY? [Re: 00MGMLS]
Fragman Offline
Stranger

Loc: Houston
Been registered at this site for quite a while. I haven't posted because I really didn't see that I had much to add to the wealth of knowledge here.
However, I have to say that his upgrade kit, which I recently purchased, is extremely well put together and very effective at improving the light output on these vehicles. As soon as you take it out of the box, you know its quality.
Also very easy to install. It really does take minutes. No cutting, no splicing, its plug and play.

Sure, you can make your own. For 99 percent of us though, it won't be as well made as his product.

#2654064 - 01/14/13 11:43 PM Re: Who makes the UPGRADED RELAY? [Re: Fragman]
crownedking Offline
Climber

Loc: mn
Originally Posted By: Fragman
Been registered at this site for quite a while. I haven't posted because I really didn't see that I had much to add to the wealth of knowledge here.
However, I have to say that his upgrade kit, which I recently purchased, is extremely well put together and very effective at improving the light output on these vehicles. As soon as you take it out of the box, you know its quality.
Also very easy to install. It really does take minutes. No cutting, no splicing, its plug and play.

Sure, you can make your own. For 99 percent of us though, it won't be as well made as his product.

this is the reason the last thread got deleted... mad

#2654104 - 01/15/13 01:01 AM Re: Who makes the UPGRADED RELAY? [Re: crownedking]
optik Offline
never say never
Poobah

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Originally Posted By: crownedking
Originally Posted By: Fragman

this is the reason the last thread got deleted... mad

Say what?

2013 Ford Focus
2008 Ford Expedition SSV
Mirror of p71interceptor.com: http://www.idmsvcs.com/2vmod/
Mirror of moldyrabbit.com/liquid/: http://www.idmsvcs.com/liquid/

#2874638 - 12/02/14 01:20 AM Re: Who makes the UPGRADED RELAY? [Re: 00MGMLS]
jjs1234 Offline

Loc: California/Reno border
So... resurrecting a dead thread (though a wealth of information).

I want to get this wiring upgrade as-well but I did have an odd question or rather confusion.

Im going to replace my headlights (housings) and also want to do this upgrade to enhance the voltage to 14v.

Q: I have seen 100/80w upgrades too. Or rather read about them. For reference the OEM bulbs run I think at 50/35 watts.

Does this harness support 100w conversions? Does the connector support the extra heat?

I would assume so but I have no idea, please enlighten me!

Thanks!

Edited by jjs1234 (12/02/14 01:21 AM)

#2875373 - 12/06/14 09:56 PM Re: Who makes the UPGRADED RELAY? [Re: 00MGMLS]
caddylackn Offline

Loc: Bremerton, WA
The maximum wattage depends on the wiring size and connector. You can purchase the high temp silicon connectors. I made my own harness with 14 gauge wiring and the high temp silicon connectors and bought the EBAY 100/80w bulbs. I never ended up using the 100/80w bulbs, I didn't need them. The new harness helped the output a lot. The 100/80w are illegal anyway. If you wanted more output, I would recommend 100/55w for normal driving, at least these will appear to be more street legal with daily driving on low beam.

You do run the risk of melting your lenses or housings with the higher wattage bulbs, the stock plastic housings were never designed to put 100 watts in there.
2006 Crown Vic PI, 160K, 610 hrs, Trick Flow Plenum, F-150 DBW TB, J-mod, Steeda U/D, 2005 mustang GT wheels, BBK long tubes, BBK X-pipe w/ cats, full 2.25" exhaust, Reinhart tuned, slotted & drilled rotors, custom headlight harness

#2875469 - 12/07/14 04:24 PM Re: Who makes the UPGRADED RELAY? [Re: 00MGMLS]
Raven238 Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Beantown, MA
I have a 14 gauge harness with high temp sockets. Threw in 100/80 bulbs in and readjusted the lenses a few degrees. Can actually see the road. Difference is clear as night & day. Even passed inspection with its output.

97 P71 187K milesSOLD

03 TC Executive 142K.
70mm Tuberculosis, Projectors refit, LED refit, some other kind of refit, something something something....something.

03 P71 225XXX miles
Marauder Cluster Swap,Sniper Tuned, Side Blinker Mod, Headlamp Upgrade pictorial
Town Car Projector Refit

#2875495 - 12/07/14 06:22 PM Re: Who makes the UPGRADED RELAY? [Re: caddylackn]
PHoganDive Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Mass, USA
Originally Posted By: caddylackn
The maximum wattage depends on the wiring size and connector. You can purchase the high temp silicon connectors. I made my own harness with 14 gauge wiring and the high temp silicon connectors and bought the EBAY 100/80w bulbs. I never ended up using the 100/80w bulbs, I didn't need them. The new harness helped the output a lot. The 100/80w are illegal anyway. If you wanted more output, I would recommend 100/55w for normal driving, at least these will appear to be more street legal with daily driving on low beam.

You do run the risk of melting your lenses or housings with the higher wattage bulbs, the stock plastic housings were never designed to put 100 watts in there.

There shouldn't be any measurable temperature rise in the connectors. If there is, they're not conducting properly. I've been using 80/100 watt bulbs for 3 years now, and no problem with housing distorting/melting from the heat.

2006 CVPI w/120K, J-Mod, MSD COPs, BOC Tune, American Muscle Wheels, Magnaflow Stainless Catback Duals, 35% tint, UltraGuage, headlight relay harness installed w/ 80/100 watt bulbs.

1996 GMQ 116K miles, Bilstein shocks, otherwise stock (Retired 7/2011)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
6 registered (Rainbowpizza, bluejay_32, Rootintootin, ismann, Davidzq, 1 invisible), 74 Guests and 286 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 163
a_d_a_m 106
Old_Guy_Stu 102
DudeAbides 54
Moby_Vic 51
CrystalPistol 48
TheCableGuy 43
RF_Overlord 43
Ponyguy 41
Rainbowpizza 38
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!