Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#2894548 - 05/01/15 07:44 PM Re: Marti Reports (or other production breakdowns) [Re: Quasar]
Peachpicker Offline
Climber

Loc: PA
Originally Posted By Quasar
Just thought of something... Wasn't the sport package in 2001 just an option package? Vs how it was done in the later years as a submodel of a regular LX. This may be how peachpicker was able to get that breakdown yet it is unavailable on an 05 LSE

I know in '01 it was technically called Sport Appearance Package and not just Crown Victoria Sport. The package does not even appear in the '01 brochure. It was a mid-year introduction. There was a 2-sided supplement sent to the dealers telling them how to order the package. I searched for years for the supplement and thanks to the generosity of GDMJOE, I now have a supplement. Many thanks go out to him! I hope he chimes in here. He is the Sport expert.

2001 CV LX Sport
2000 CV Base (HPP Package)

Links
#2894840 - 05/03/15 11:20 PM Re: Marti Reports (or other production breakdowns) [Re: castrosua]
castrosua Offline

Loc: NY
Thats what they told me, that for now just production dates, like the actual day is available, but nothing about the breakdown to 1 of however many identical cars there are.

I know mine has to be a low number just because of no sunroof, no pwr pedals and no traction control
2014 Chevy Camaro 2LS

#2894846 - 05/03/15 11:41 PM Re: Marti Reports (or other production breakdowns) [Re: castrosua]
LTC_Dave Offline

Over the Hill

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By castrosua
Thats what they told me, that for now just production dates, like the actual day is available, but nothing about the breakdown to 1 of however many identical cars there are.

If that's true then the sale was misleading, and I would want my money back.

Quote:

This report, in addition to giving you the complete factory option list and door data plate info, includes a simulation of your door data plate. You also get a list of significant dates in your car's history, including the day it was sold.

You'll even learn how many cars were made like yours! We provide the statistical analysis for your car's model year & body style, sorted by:

email pdf
Exterior color
Exterior/Interior comb.
Engine/Transmission
DSO
... plus one feature specific to the VIN (selected by Marti Auto Works)

***06 LTC Signature Limited, Silver Birch, 14 Year Old Maps, Movie Theater Audio, Hole-N-Roof, Seat Toaster, TheSunIsMyEnemy Windows ***POTM 06/18 - 10/18*** laugh
Click to reveal...
P.I. zip tube and airbox, Mo's tune, Mach 1 chin spoiler, 4 tone horns, 18" Mustang Premium wheels, UltraGauge, 20% Tint, J-mod

***97 LTC Cartier, SOLD 7/2020

***00 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer, 5.0 HO, AWD, Highly Optioned, J-mod, Spruce Green, 199k. The "Spruce Caboose"

#2894855 - 05/04/15 12:35 AM Re: Marti Reports (or other production breakdowns) [Re: castrosua]
Ezbok58a Offline
Banned
Posting Addict

Loc: Who wants to know...
Look at Peacpickers results...his are pretty spot on with breakdowns and such.

#2894860 - 05/04/15 01:39 AM Re: Marti Reports (or other production breakdowns) [Re: castrosua]
Quasar Offline

Over the Hill

Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Your gonna get whatever info that Ford has made available to them. Later model year Sports and LSE's were slight oddballs because they were not their own model and individual vin code and not a specific option package like the 01's-02s??. Kinda like the 2003 Marauders that shared the GMQ vin code, and many owners report that their insurance companies and/or dmv listed them as grand marquis on title etc. it just makes identifying and tracking the special models that much harder.

Most likely though, IF Ford kept track of the cars were LX Sport vs regular LX, and LSE vs LS and Ford actually bothered to pass that info on to the people doing the marti report then I'm sure you will get the info you want.

#2894873 - 05/04/15 08:42 AM Re: Marti Reports (or other production breakdowns) [Re: LTC_Dave]
GrumpMarky Offline

I ♥ big cars!
Poobah

Loc: Lake County snow belt
Originally Posted By Zorg
Originally Posted By castrosua

If that's true then the sale was misleading, and I would want my money back.

Quote:

This report, in addition to giving you the complete factory option list and door data plate info, includes a simulation of your door data plate. You also get a list of significant dates in your car's history, including the day it was sold.

You'll even learn how many cars were made like yours! We provide the statistical analysis for your car's model year & body style, sorted by:

email pdf
Exterior color
Exterior/Interior comb.
Engine/Transmission
DSO
... plus one feature specific to the VIN (selected by Marti Auto Works)

If you don't get a number for LSE's built, I would ask for a refund. But if you DO, then that will be the first time that info has EVER been available! laugh I'll get one myself if they could offer that info. But the person on the phone told me that it is not available yet. frown

The problem is, that neither the VIN nor the Door sticker have any LSE specific info.

Maintenance Log

Currently: 2003 Grand Marquis LSE, 1969 Marquis convertible

#2894903 - 05/04/15 12:13 PM Re: Marti Reports (or other production breakdowns) [Re: castrosua]
Ezbok58a Offline
Banned
Posting Addict

The main issue with this is the cars are still too new for these reports to matter. They are not vintage Fords, they're new. Anytime I here Marti report I'm thinking classic vehicle, not something that went out of production 4 years ago.

#2894944 - 05/04/15 05:10 PM Re: Marti Reports (or other production breakdowns) [Re: castrosua]
Bondfreak13 Offline

Over the Hill

Loc: Ventura County, CA.
why would 03 Marauders be listed has GMQ? I understand that the Body Code M75 is a GMQ LS but the engine digit in the vin is a dead giveaway. which is a "V" ford 4.6 DOHC? W is what the GMQ had if I remember right.

Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing not use a tomato in a fruit salad.

If your looking for a large comfortable ride with that Retro Feel without the Retro looks, then the Panther chassis is your Car. It's the best Modern car from 1979 you can buy.

#2895017 - 05/04/15 11:25 PM Re: Marti Reports (or other production breakdowns) [Re: Ezbok58a]
Peachpicker Offline
Climber

Originally Posted By Ezbok58a
The main issue with this is the cars are still too new for these reports to matter. They are not vintage Fords, they're new. Anytime I here Marti report I'm thinking classic vehicle, not something that went out of production 4 years ago.

That is what I was always thinking also. Seemed like a lot of the mustang guys always had a Marti Report. A friend of mine suggested checking into one last year, but I did not at that time because I tried a few years back and they weren't available for our cars. So like back in February of this year I decided to call them and see if they could give me the information I was looking for and the person took my information down, stepped away for a few minutes and came back and said yes. That is when I placed my order. It seems like they are sporadically getting the information from Ford or either there is a lot of manual research involved. Either way, I hope you folks eventually do obtain access to the information you are looking for. It would be a shame if some of this history also died along with the Panther.

2001 CV LX Sport

#2895033 - 05/05/15 12:15 AM Re: Marti Reports (or other production breakdowns) [Re: castrosua]
Ezbok58a Offline
Banned
Posting Addict

You also have an 01, that information might be more readily available than say a 2004. Like my old car...aww now I'm sad...

#2895169 - 05/05/15 04:35 PM Re: Marti Reports (or other production breakdowns) [Re: castrosua]
castrosua Offline

Its just a matter of time. Im fairly sure Marti will get the info. I mean if it was just an issue for Mustangs or other "hot" cars neither of my Continentals would have all that info kept, including the Eminger report (which is pretty awesome and a unique piece of info for a car)

Either way, Im probably going to hold off just a bit. Ill get the reports once I finish up fixing my Crown Vic. It will be his present for his "welcome back to the road" or "welcome back among registered vehicles" celebration lol
2014 Chevy Camaro 2LS

#2895244 - 05/06/15 12:17 AM Re: Marti Reports (or other production breakdowns) [Re: castrosua]
Totalled Offline

Loc: Oly, Wa
I have a marti report... For my Mustang. :P

2009 Mercury Grand Marquis, Norsea Blue pearl, Lt Stone interior. Stainless Works catted long tube headers and 2.5" H-pipe/tails with long case Dynomax Super Turbos, K&N Typhoon intake, Addco front and rear sway bars, Metco watts and rear control arms, KYB cvpi spec shocks and struts, Powerstop drilled/slotted rotors, Hawk pads, GT500 wheels with Nitto 555 255/45/18 and 285/40/18 tires.'12 Mustang wheels. Marauder rear spoiler, Mach1 front spoiler.

POTM 09/2014.

#2895403 - 05/06/15 09:43 PM Re: Marti Reports (or other production breakdowns) [Re: castrosua]
Peachpicker Offline
Climber

Here is the Marti Report for my Sport.

2001 CV LX Sport

#2895681 - 05/09/15 01:39 AM Re: Marti Reports (or other production breakdowns) [Re: castrosua]
castrosua Offline

Damnit, now i REALLY want the breakdown, seeing those low numbers. Granted its the red and an 01, so a lot less Sports made back then
2014 Chevy Camaro 2LS

#2895682 - 05/09/15 01:46 AM Re: Marti Reports (or other production breakdowns) [Re: castrosua]
castrosua Offline

They do take a while sometimes. On my 72 Continental it took them like 6 weeks to get all the info, but on my 73 is was 3 weeks or so? Im ithcing for them to get the total production numbers. I know my Sport has to be a rare one without the sunroof, pedals and traction control...fingers crossed

Althogh I was thinking, I think it might be the first totalled Crown Vic to be restored. I dont know if anyone would have bothered yet lol
2014 Chevy Camaro 2LS

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Chaplian, jmlock, Ryan, The_Punisher 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 49 Guests and 215 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 193
BigMerc96 79
ClayBelt 77
Old_Guy_Stu 66
a_d_a_m 65
Ponyguy 63
Moby_Vic 62
TheCableGuy 57
Psxmoe 46
RF_Overlord 33
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!