Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Topic Options
#2954369 - 12/08/15 03:38 PM A bigger change
SteveS Offline
Administrator
Posting Addict

Loc: Groveland, MA
Years ago, when I took over CVN, I had no idea what it would become. I had a lot to learn about the hardware and software involved. I learned quickly that the site was growing rapidly, to the point that it outgrew the forum software, and outgrew the server. CVN actually outgrew several servers over the years, and costs usually progressed as well.

I met some great people over the years through the forum, and a lot of long term friendships developed. Of course, in the cyber reality, I never actually met a lot of those people, but others I did, through local meets, not so local meets, and STAP. CVN has been a very important part of my life. Some of you may remember some of the health challenges that I have faced. I actually got a lot of very important medical advice about courses of treatment from a couple of members.

Anyone who has been around for a while is aware that I was disabled for a few years, and unable to work. CVN kept my mind active as I learned some of the technical aspects of running the forum, and kept me socially active and interacting with people, either online or in person.

When I was able to go back to work, it was difficult to maintain focus on CVN while I was struggling to rejoin the workforce, and, in fact, CVN took a back seat to that. As my workload increased, and with some new stuff going on on the outside, I had to step back for a while, and CVN suffered.

The big crash last spring brought me back into the fold. It took a lot of doing to get the site running again, because of the amount of damage caused by our former hosting company, and their lack of cooperation. With the help of one of the UBB.Threads developers, CVN got up and running again on a new server, and came back to life.

One thing I recognized was that CVN was going to require more attention to sustain. I was enjoying it again, but it can be a bit overwhelming at times. Then, toward the end of summer, my boss decided to dump a lot more responsibility on me, which really put things over the top.

Over the past few years, several companies have approached me about acquiring CVN to add to their portfolios. These are companies that do nothing but run forums. They have professional people that do that for a living. I really never considered it, until very recently.

I listened to what they had to say, and what their intentions and goals were. I visited their forums, (I was already a member of some of them) to see what they “felt” like. I quickly realized that it wouldn’t be a bad thing for CVN to have some professional help. These would be people who have the time and resources to devote to making some needed improvements.

In particular, I liked what Autoguide.com was doing (or not doing) with their forums, and took the next step with them to see what we could work out. As a result of our combined efforts, CVN has been running on one of Autoguide’s servers for about two weeks, and it is time for me to let go of the steering wheel. I won’t be going away completely, and I plan to maintain at least part of my current role.

You have no idea how difficult this decision has been, but I think it is in the best interest of CVN as a whole. Please join me in welcoming some new people to the management team.

-Steve

1991 P72, 2006 P71, 2016 Explorer XLT, 2019 F250 XLT CCSB

#2954377 - 12/08/15 03:42 PM Re: A bigger change [Re: SteveS]
Administrator Offline

Climber

Loc: Crownvic.net
Hello everyone,

My name is Philip, I am a community manager for AutoGuide.com, I work with a small team that will continue to manage the webmaster duties for CrownVic.net along with the current mod team.

We are here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current Mods/Admins easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to post them in response.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will continue to be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with the mod/admin team to help provide the resources and required work to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members, and to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, YOU as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while your mod/admin team keep the walls and the roof up in this place; we are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You all have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this. For us it’s paramount to maintain this level of integrity and enthusiasm.

What am I here for?

Our primary role is to be the technical contact; you all contributed to building the strong foundation the site was built on. Moving forward we will all work together to keep the momentum and the community growing. We will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is taken care of and keeping things running smoothly from behind the scenes. We will also be setting up a help desk on the site for when you have questions or issues with the site or your account and need assistance.

Looking forward to working with you all.

Thanks,

Philip

Moderator:  a_d_a_m 
Who's Online
2 registered (TheCableGuy, GRMN_CV), 36 Guests and 237 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
CrystalPistol 374
bluejay_32 309
a_d_a_m 222
Rainbowpizza 185
DudeAbides 153
JeffBoudah 119
Moby_Vic 106
Old_Guy_Stu 78
Bangster 61
BigNSlow 60
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!