As many of you know, the owners of CVN underwent an attempted software change a few months back and it pretty much crippled the site. New posts weren't visible, we'd get annoying UBBthreads error messages after making responses to existing threads, some of the UBB code wouldn't work, and new member registrations were stuck in some sort of weird purgatory.

After months of frustration and pleading with our overlords to seemingly no avail, the anger finally turned into action. In a desire to have a functioning website (and also to maintain contact with each other should this site cease to exist), one of our fearless and able administrators created a new community, known as CrownVic.news. That site is still up and running and I expect most of its members will continue to post there as well as here.

However, today I noticed that for the most part, CVN appears to be functioning normally, like it used to. Threads that were created during the 'upgrade' and have 0 replies are probably not going to be visible. And YouTube embedding still isn't showing up for me, so I'm not sure what's up with that. Everything else seems to work.

I haven't heard one word about the fix from VerticalScope yet.

Since most stuff seems to be fixed, I cleared the backlog of new member registrations. If you signed up recently, try signing in with your account info as best you remember it. If it doesn't work, re-register and we'll see how it goes.

I don't know what the future holds for CVN, so I can't even say I'm cautiously optimistic. I just know it's an improvement over what we've been dealing with for the past few months.

Lastly, I want to thank LTC_Dave for allowing his POTM post to be hijacked for three months while I edited it and posted updates in it. I have returned it back to normal.

-Adam

Edited by a_d_a_m (10/29/18 11:51 AM)

'91 LTD Country Squire (POTM Mar. '19) | '03 Marauder (POTM Nov. '10, Jul. '20) | 2010 P7B (POTM Feb. '21)
formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 (POTM Feb. '18), '04 CVLX (POTM Jun. '19 and the best car ever), '03 SAP P71